Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Palace Of Chance (Open)

Started by Tacocat86, September 09, 2016, 10:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacocat86

The Castle was enormous, easily covering ten acres. It had a courtyard, filled with run down training equipment that was covered in vines and bearing scorch marks. The garden was overgrown and the plants were choked out by weeds. The armory was filled with rusted iron weapons, most of which were completely useless now. There was a large tower off to the side, easily reaching a 50 meters in the air. The main building itself covered an entire acre and was extraordinarily grandiose, despite the hundreds of years it had been since anything living had entered the room. The sides were lined with massive statues that depicted warriors of extraordinary ability. The walls themselves were coated in gold, the paintings on the walls appeared to be priceless and the floor was made entirely of solid silver blocks.

At the heart of the main hall sat a throne. The most luxurious throne the Fell had ever seen, it was lined with silver, the top was encrusted with precious jewels, and the rest was made entirely of solid gold. Kneeling next to the throne was a massive figure that was at least fifteen meters tall wearing black and red armor, and holding an enormous war hammer almost as big as he was that appeared to be made of the same metal as the armor. The figure had its head bowed towards the throne and appeared to not be moving.

Gawfy

Janne had been walking for sometime now and needed a place to rest, Mid day he saw a castle in the distance and by nightfall he was wandering in a castle built for giants. He had killed a rabbit in the courtyard and carried it to what looked like a spectacular throne room. Janne took notice of the Statue kneeling kneeing near the throne and admired its craftsmanship. Shortly after he started a fire in the throne room a campfire to be exact. He was cooking next to his tent when he heard a noise behind him

Tacocat86

A massive warhammer stopped an inch from Janne's face, and a metallic, impossibly deep voice rumbled, "State your purpose intruder, or be destroyed like the rest." The speaker was the figure that had been kneeling at the throne and in the light of the fire he appeared to have purple light streaming from the eyeholes in his helmet. His armor shone in the firelight and his voice gave away no emotion. The beings grip tightened on the warhammer as he awaited an answer. He felt as if he had been gone for a long time, as the last time he had seen this room it was in its prime, and he had had cracked armor.

Gawfy

Janne was in shock this titan was still one moment and up in the next Just thought i would sleep here for the night, i thought this place was abandoned He said in a shallow voice

Tacocat86

Vahlok lowered his hammer and looked around searching for any other signs of life. He then sighed and began,"I've failed then... You're welcome to stay if the siege is over, tell me though, do you know the name of this castle?" He asked, hoping he wasn't in stasis for too long. He sat down and set his warhammer down very gently.

Gawfy

No idea Janne admitted The sign outside Was so rusted i couldnt even make out the engravings On the sign near the entrance Janne said What are you a golem?

Tacocat86

Vahlok looked around at the place he once called home, he then spoke with a touch of sorrow in his voice, "This is Castle EmberCrest, the greatest castle in all of the fell. And I was the Captain of the Guard Force. To answer your question, No, I am not a golem, He pointed towards the many statues, "Those are dormant golems, created by the mages of the castle, I was a human once." He sighed and looked at the throne and began to reminisce of all of the memories that happened in this room.

Gawfy

Wait you where human? Janne asked Just how long ago was this? also why is all of the gold still here i would have thought rouges would have taken them by now He said

Tacocat86

"Yes, A human I was, and I still consider myself to be human, at least in some ways. I don't know how long ago this was but it looks like a few hundred years."He paused and scowled, "Rouges could not even hope to steal the treasures of this castle. There are anti-theft spells around here strong enough to last another thousand years at least."He regarded the man sitting in front of him, What about you? What brings you so deep into the fell?

Gawfy

All of the silver and gold trails on the ground led to here and i thought i would sleep in a golden castle for once in my life He said as he gave a nobel bow and held out his hand Janne is my name What do they call you he asked around this time janne noticed the  cracks in the titans armor how did you earn those cracks Janne inquired

Tacocat86

He grasped Janne's hand lightly in his massive gauntlet and shook his hand, "My given name is Vahlok Kendaar, As for the cracks, they come from exerting myself too much, most of these came from chucking a building at a giant dragon. They heal on their own, but they take a long time to do it. If you wish, you may spend the night here, If the fell is anything like how I remember, its not always the safest. He then thought of something, "What is your profession Janne?

Gawfy

Throwing a building at a Dragon??  Janne shook his head  Im a traveling priest of sorts, i help people that need it no matter what the problemHe said courageously  The farmers and village folk who i helped have taken to calling me the Dark knight because of my armor He put his hand on his chestplate The armor itself is cursed in nature and feeds of me like a parasite, and makes pain more intense janne sat for a moment in silence But enough about me, is there anything you need help with Vahl? Janne liked the new  nickname he had come up with

Tacocat86

He stopped and thought deeply about what he could ask the traveler. He eventually asked, "Have you ever heard the the names, Tuz, Stav, or EmberCrest?" It was a long shot, but if anyone knew about the three of his friend's descendents, it would probably be an adventurer.

Gawfy

Janne sat in silence I did hear the name Embercraft once or twice when i was in southern serendipity He said This was a few years ago when i first stared traveling Are they his friends? Janne wondered

Tacocat86

He began to say,"They were my comrades in arms, centuries ago. Those are their clan names, their descendants would be found bearing those names." His voice became tinted with sadness,  "I am to guard the castle until they return, which has been an extremely lonely job. "

Gawfy

Janne had begun eating the cooked rabbit You know you don't have to stay here He took another bite I mean there are no spells restricting you here right? If not whats stopping you from Going out and looking for them?

Tacocat86

Vahlok stopped what he was doing and looked at Janne. "Someone needs to guard the castle. In Case it ever happens again. By it, I mean a dragon invasion. Are any of those happening right now? If not, I will join you in your travels. But if we find any leads on them, I will take my leave."He paused, Would you care for a spar? I would like to see the abilities of my new comrade."

Gawfy

Janne shook his head Haven't seen any dragons around in 10 years Janne unsheathed his sword and got a Holy spear ready in his shield hand  Im always up for a good fight He said as he jumped back  Have at you! He said sternly as the match begun

Tacocat86

Vahlok caught the blade within his two massive gauntlets, saying,"In That case, I will follow you, I assume the world has changed much since I have been absent." He shifted his stance and hefted janne at a nearby wall. He then cracked his knuckles and opened his palms, ready to block any attacks.

Gawfy

Janne was flung against the wall as heard a sharp crack and a Sea a pain followed it One or two broken ribs He thought he valued up to the giants palms and struck as hard as he could Creating a small crack in the goliath's palm