Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and snow (Arocreas)

Started by Tacocat86, September 12, 2016, 11:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacocat86

Qobo despised the snow. It wasn't just the cold that bothered him, but it completely soaked his breeches and made a huge mess. Mildly annoyed , he pulled out a piece of paper with a simple description of the man he was sent after. He scowled as he looked at the small town infront of him. The man who had contracted him had neglected to tell him it would require him to venture into this frozen hell of a land.

He entered the small town and sat down in the town's tavern. He then ordered some ale and waited at a table for his target to appear. He had it on good word that the man he was after would be at this tavern sometime today.

Arocraes

"Thank you, love." Ares smiled at the woman before him, who had given him directions to a local tavern. I can't wait to get out of this disgusting town. He waved at the woman as he set off, who blushed in response. Just get the necklace and leave. He had recently purchased--well extorted--a broach that gave the wearer night vision. If he did not find it useful, the market price for it could be massive, depending on his negotiation skills. However, there was the matter of acquiring the necklace, first, since the carrier was supposed to meet him halfway in a small village in Northern Le'raana. Or at least that was what he was told.

"Just a meat pie and some ale please." Ares sat down before the bartender could even ask what he wanted. As the man left to tend to another patron, Ares rubbed his hands as his eyes wandered around the room. If he's not here within the next half hour, I will chop his mother up and serve her for dinner. Although on the inside he was annoyed and raged, he kept a calm demeanor and maintained a charming, friendly facade. The bartender returned with Ares' order, who winked and began to consume his meal. This shit is disgusting.

Tacocat86

As he sat there in the tavern, every second he got angrier waiting for the contract to arrive. He was rapidly tapping his fingers against a table when a man who matched the contract details.

Qobo stood up from his seat and downed the remainder of his ale. He then walked over to where Ares was sitting. He put down the contract with the details on it on the table and said in a gruff, quiet voice, "There are two ways this can go. Option one, you come quietly and I get double pay. Option two, you run, I kill you, and I only get normal pay." He smiled darkly, "And I don't think either of us want that."

Arocraes

Ares smirked with his glass raised to his face before taking another sip. "Now let me ask you this. What kind of idiot makes a blatant threat in public during the day?" He turned to face the stranger, and rested his head against his arm as he winked at him. "Help! This man is trying to kill me!" He jumped backwards and dropped the stool along with his drink, while putting on a shocked expression for his little act. "Please! Help!" The bartender rushed over as several patrons surrounded the two men. "What's going on?" a voice from the back of the room chimed in, revealing itself to be an off duty town guard.

Ares chuckled internally, as he praised his own performance. "This man is trying to murder me!" he frantically exclaimed.

Tacocat86

Qobo himself smiled and picked up the contract and tucked it away nicely within his clothes, "Nice try, but what proof do you have of me trying to murder you? I haven't got a weapon drawn, i'm making no sudden movements, and I've made no attempts at your life, even though if I was attempting to murder you, this would be the part to gun and run. You've obviously gone off the deep end," He turned towards the guard, "I believe there is no issue here sir," he said with a smile on his face, "I came over to have a conversation with this man and I believe something has snapped inside his head. Poor guy."

Arocraes

Ares grinned slightly. Perhaps he could use this twist to his advantage. He pretended to faint into the arms of a nearby patron, where the town guard immediately rushed over to see if he was okay. "I'll take this man to the infirmary, the healing mage should know what to do." Ares pretended to be a ragdoll, but internally he was holding back laughter. Oh how excited he was to see what the man will do next.

Tacocat86

Qobo's face twitched subtly and he gasped and said, "Get this man healed up right now, he might be in dire condition." Internally he was fuming. The air inside the tavern seemed to rise ten degrees and his tone was a very controlled one as he said,"We wouldn't want him to die, now would we?" The inside of his head was filled with rage induced screaming as he struggled to keep a straight face. The air in the tavern grew warmer still, until it felt as if they were in a sauna. The only thing that betrayed his internal rage was an extremely faint look in his eyes, a look of murder. It was subtle enough to be practically invisible to most.

Arocraes

As the guard dragged Ares' limp body out of the tavern, Ares cracked a tiny smile. As soon as they were out into the small town, covered in snow as the gloomy, gray clouds polluted the sky, Ares pretended to regain consciousness. "I can take it from here, sir. Just point me in the direction of the infirmary." He said this in a faint, faux-tired tone to deepen the deception. As the guard obliged, slightly confused, Ares charmingly grinned as he headed in that direction.