Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Falling out of Favour

Started by Draconian, October 04, 2016, 01:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

"Oh," was Hero's simple reply. Sure the cries of pain made him feel bad, since it was his fault but she shouldnt have been there to begin with. Hero went about cleaning up the blood from her hair and listened to her speak.

Darkmoon, huh?

"Darkmoon, well, Darkmoon," he addressed the draques, "meet Sunshine." He nodded to his palomino girl, a true bred Duhjari horse  one of the more famed fast horses. He wasnt sure if there was something special about them, but he knew most riders would pay a pretty penny for a horse like her.

Sunshine flicked her tail before wandering off into the bushes, followiny a trail of juicy grassed and Hero just watched her. Glancing every now and then. "She's my mount. She doesnt actually battle with me, usually I jump off and she goes somewhere safe," he didnt really feel the need to supoly the girl with information, but maybe talking would help keep her mind off the pain.

"What is he?" He finally asked, examining the wound and was glad to find it wasnt that bad.

DragonSong

The stallion looked up at the sound of his name, gave Hero an unimpressed snort, then ambled along after Sunshine, now evidently more interested in the grass than the mare.

"She's beautiful," Aya murmured absently, meaning it. She was no stranger to well bred horses, and Aunahine was obviously of fine stock. "Oh, he's a draques. A dragon-horse," she answered distractedly, glad that at least now she wasn't so dizzy.

Draconian

Hero frowned when the boy horse followed his girl horse into the bushes. Now he couldn't see them. Horses didn't just have babies right? They had to court or something like birds... Right? He shook his head, not about to voice his thoughts to the girl that clearly knew a lot about horses and he went about examining the wound again.

It had stopped bleeding, so that was good.

"You should sit for a while," he said softly, tilting his head. Just a kid. Hero sighed, a kid he whacked in the head with a rock. Fuck. "Sunshine is beautiful," He said softly, "A fast smart girl," He nodded, glancing back over to where they went, "Mostly smart girl. I don't think she's ever met a ... Draques before."

DragonSong

Aya chuckled. "Not many have. I think Moonie's one of maybe a handful in Adela. I don't even know where they come from, originally."

She winced a bit again, but she could tell that the bleeding had stopped. "So? Do I pass inspection?" she quipped with a crooked grin back and up at the knight.

Draconian

"You do," He said softly, eyeing her head again and smoothing a friendly hand over her head, "I really am sorry, Kid, I thought you were another wrym or a drake so I just... Hucked a rock." He winced, thinking of how hard he'd thrown it.

"Can I at least ... Take you home? I think your Moonie would hunt me down and try to murder me if you were to faint on his watch or something," he frowned and looked around, trying to keep his ear out for any horsing around going on.

DragonSong

"Oh..." She bit her lip, hedging. While it made sense, and she was grateful for the offer, she knew she was already in serious trouble- she couldn't imagine showing up with some strange, dragon-slaying knight would really help matters.

But she knew he was probably right. "Ah, sure. Thanks." She tried for a small smile and nodded slightly.

Draconian

He eyed the girl before smirking.

"Is this a joy ride?" he questioned, lifting an eyebrow and smirking at the girl, "Where is this stable? Do you own it?"

DragonSong

She shifted uncomfortably. "No! I mean- no, I just...work there. But it's not like- Darkmoon wouldn't leave me alone, he said he needed to stretch his wings," she protested a little desperately.

Draconian

"He said?" Hero repeated, lifting an eyebrow and looking at the girl with a smirk. Now she could talk to horses, wasnt that fancy. "And? Stretch his wings aaaaall the way out here?" He grinned, tilting his head curiously, "Well. If he breaks loose and you chased after him thats not really your fault, is it?"

DragonSong

Aya blinked, then smiled slowly. "I...suppose that's right." She tilted her head at him. "Aren't knights supposed to be all about following rules and whatnot? Why are you helping me?" The question was only half teasing.

Draconian

Hero pursed his lips, a rustle in the bushes had him frown for a moment but he turned to the girl again. "Well, i hit you in the head with a rock," he added simply, head tilted to the sude, "least I can do is help you be a terrible person and lie."

DragonSong

She wrinkled her nose at him. "Not my fault Moonie's owner never exercised him," she defended. Her eyes flicked in the direction the horses had gone and she drowned alighrlt, nervous now that Darkmoon was out of sight.

With a small sigh she stood up. "Well, thanks. And no hard feelings about the rock."

Draconian

Sure.

No hard feelings about the rock.

Hero bit his lip and nodded at the girl.

No hard feelings, but if anyone saw that they'd ask questions and then she'd need an answer and what kind of answer was 'Yeah, a knight threw a rock at me but it's okay now.'

Hero whistled, a shrill short one, one that was to call Sunshine over.

When she didn't answer, he gave the girl a gentle pat on the head and stood up, meandering his way over to the bushes before he pushed aside a branch and balked.

"Oh my gods, your horse is taking advantage of my horse," He stared, open mouthed before he took a step forward and remembering how nasty 'Moonie' was, simply frowned. There was no stopping it now, apparently. "I may have forgotten horses are creatures of opportunity and we gave them quite the opportunity," He swallowed thickly and continued staring, not really sure what to do now.

DragonSong

Aya blinked when he patted her head, not sure how to react to the gesture, and stared after him. His dumbstruck expression informed her of what might be happening a moment before the words left his mouth and she groaned, rubbing at her temples and closing her eyes.

"Great. That's great. Well, we're gonna be stuck here for a bit."

She sighed and got to her feet, pulling at the knight's arm to tow him away. Moonie was territorial at the best of times, he was likely to take one of Hero's limbs off if the knight got too close now.

"C'mon. There's really not much we can do but wait," she muttered.

Draconian

Stuck?

Hero frowned deeply and let himself be pulled away.

"What exactly is your beast doing to my horse?" Hero yelped, looking a cross between panicked, irritated and angry. "And why are we stuck here?!"

DragonSong

She huffed again and folded her arms. "Well, what do you think he's doing?" she demanded exasperatedly. "Look, stallions get territorial at the best of times, do you really wanna mess with a draquus when he's..." She trailed off and waved a hand expressively.

Draconian

Hero stared at her before he cast a look over his shoulder.

Huh.

"Well, shit," he said softly, anger hot in his belly. This was great. Well, hopefully nothing would... Happen.

"So... what. We stuck hanging out for a few hours or something?" He said gently, pushing a hand through his hair and sighing.

DragonSong

"I suppose." Aya sighed and unconsciously mimicked his gesture, running her fingers through her hair with a huff. "We could get some distance though- Moonie will find me, when, ah...when he's ready."

Blushing a bit, she shook her head and mumbled a few curses at the horse under her breath.

Draconian

I suppose.

"You suppose?!" Hero snapped, looking at the girl -less than pleased.  A wrinkle of his nose and he sighed and clenched his hands. "And what do you plan on doing about this?" He started, shuffling away from the scary dragon-horse. "Do horses have to get married?"

DragonSong

Aya blinked at him, then snorted. "Ah, no. At least, I've never heard of something like that. Some stallions can get particularly attached to certain mares in their herd, but they aren't exactly a "soul mates" kind of animal."

Although...well, dragons tended to mate for life, maybe Darkmoon had a bit of that trait? She had no way of knowing.

Well shit. That could make taking him away from the mare complicated...

She huffed and rubbed at her temples. "Come on, we really should get some space between us and them."