Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The End of Sionnach [Open]

Started by SionnachSaysHi, October 17, 2016, 12:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SionnachSaysHi

As Sionnach lay on the hard stone floor of the castle, he decided that dying wasn't so bad. Yes, he was in a great amount of pain, (That tends to happen when a wall falls on you) and he hadn't completed his ultimate goal of destroying this disgusting world and starting anew, but the dying part itself wasn't very bad.

He had stopped feeling all pain as soon as it happened. The cuts and bruises that those so called "heroes" had given him were still there, but he no longer felt them.

He turned his head to the rag-tag group that had caused his soon-to-be death.

"You know, in normal circumstances, I might be mad at you right now. As it is, I think these are hardly normal circumstances. You know..."

His speech was interrupted when he started coughing. A lot of blood came up with it. It wasn't that long now.

"Ah. That hurt. As I was saying, I think I've had my fill of this world anyways. I'll see you all in the next. But, before I go, I think I'll leave you with a little... fun. While I traveled among you, I hypnotized one of you to do everything I wanted them to do. The best part? They don't even know that I did it. They will continue to try and destroy you from the inside out, long after I'm gone. And, they will continue my work trying to destroy this world, and build a new one."

"Of course, there's a way to break the spell. I won't tell you though. You'll have to figure that out for yourselves. And soon. If it manages to go an entire year without being broken, the spell will become impossible to break."

Another coughing fit took him. As he was coughing, he noticed the love of his life standing next to him. They had died years ago, and it was arguably their death which had put him on this path.

"Come, Sionnach. It's time." They said to him.

Sionnach looked back at the group whom he had spent so long among.

"I know it's my time dear, but just wait a moment. I have something left to say. My friends, I had spent months among you. While it is you who have doomed me to this fate, I do not harbor resentment towards you. I still count you as my friends. If there is a next life, I will be there to welcome each and every one of you with open arms. Till we meet again."

With this, He looked up at the roof of the castle. He just barely heard the ghost of his long dead lover say something else to him.

"In a world without gods, we could have been heroes." They said.

He laughed, one final laugh.

"Aye, but in a world without heroes, we could have been gods."

And with that, he breathed his last.

Morgan Droud

"Damn."

Zynros swore under his breath as he watch the man fall before him. He had sought this so-called "God of Chaos" in the hopes that he would know something more about the curses upon him, but it appeared that he arrived to late.

He had arrived just in time to watch as the man was crushed under one of the castle walls, and the final revelation he left to those who killed him. After the "Godslayers" left, Zynros dropped from the rafters he had been hiding in, and picked up the corpse.

"It can't be to hard to find a necromancer in this god-forsaken land, so I hope you don't plan on sleeping long." Carrying the corpse over his shoulder, Zynros left the castle.

Tags: