Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]  (Read 2949 times)

Offline DragonSong

Re: Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]
« Reply #620 on: December 18, 2017, 07:51:51 AM »
"See, those are some rather vague steps," Elora noted teasingly. "If you wanna court a girl you're going to have to put a bit more effort into it."

She went abruptly quiet as she realized what she'd said. Merradin certainly wasn't courting her... Was he? Regardless, the phrasing had her flushing a bit and snapping her eyes away from him as they walked.

She did take the hand he offered though.

Offline Dauphin DaGlobster

« Reply #621 on: December 29, 2017, 09:40:38 AM »
At her slip, Merradin just smirked a bit wider to himself.

"You know, I could've sworn I told you this already..." he murmured as he started to lead her away. Abruptly, he stopped, and turned back around.

"Oh, the saddle!"

He let go of her hand and raised his own towards the saddle. He murmured something to himself in draconic, and nothing happened.

"Drat."

He murmured again, but slightly different this time, and the saddle gently faded away, seemingly disappearing.

He whipped back around and gently took Elora's hand.

"There we go. My illusion magic's a tad rusty, been a while since I had to hide something so big."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #622 on: December 29, 2017, 11:16:39 AM »
"Huh." She cocked her head to the side, starting just a bit when his hand found hers again. "So...lightning stuff, shapeshifting, illusions...anythin g you can't do?" Her lips quirked up on one side as she tipped her head back to smirk at him.

« Reply #623 on: December 29, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »
"There's a lot of things I don't know how to do," Merradin said, shooting Elora a fond look to match the look she gave him.

"Many dragons spend their lives amassing knowledge or skills. I just spent it partying with humans," Merradin mused. he tilted his head at Elora and winked at her, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"I'm a bit of an expert in the field."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #624 on: December 29, 2017, 11:40:24 AM »
"Oh?" Elora's smirk widened. "Well then, I suppose you have me at a disadvantage. I'm by no means inexperienced in that particular field, but I don't know if I'm an expert," she chuckled.

« Reply #625 on: December 29, 2017, 11:55:22 AM »
"Don't worry, I'm sure we can do some mutual learning."

As he spoke, they made it through the tree and were on the road. The town was just a short walk away, the low wooden walls clearly visible from where they were standing.

They weren't going to Ketra, but rather one of the smaller towns near it.

"It's been so long since I've been here. I usually just go to Ketra, but... It's nice to indulge in nostalgia every once in a while."

He looked back to Elora.

"This town was just a couple of buildings when I was born."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #626 on: December 29, 2017, 12:01:03 PM »
The knight looked up at his face again, a considering sort of brow creasing her brow. "Which was over a thousand years ago," she murmured almost absently. She shook her head with a disbelieving little laugh, though the humor didn't quite reach her eyes.

"I'm surprised this town was anything when you were born, Grandpa." The soft melancholy that had seemed for a moment to be threatening to take over her expression vanished into a teasing grin and she bumped his shoulder with her own.

Tags: