Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Humanity is Blind to True Power [HK][M]

Started by Marakai Trin, December 22, 2016, 10:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marakai Trin

We find a farm. I get in, undetected - that's no problem for me. I kill everything inside without leaving obvious wounds. Also easy.

He turned to look at her, a very slight smile cracking his face. Then we turn the family into automatons, and direct them to do their normal duties as usual. Then everything looks normal from the outside, while we're safe inside.

He turned away, then, and looked ahead. I'm more than just a loose blade. I think. I plan. I am an assassin, as well as a mage, in a way. And I've been surviving alot longer than you.

Medievarad

With we, I assume you mean me? She inquired with a soft smirk, clasping her hands behind her back. But the plan makes sense. Even though there is no need for killing, I can alter their sense of reality completely. Whether we're part of the furniture, or not existent at all in their home.

Another smirk played on her face. It is up to you whether you wish to stain your blade. Their souls make no difference.

Marakai Trin

All souls make a difference. The only variable is whether the gain is worth the effort.

He then looked to her, one brow arched. And, no, I am capable of necromancy of a more straightforward means than creating golems - I can raise them as they are. They need not be...abominations. Typically, it's not worth much other than to cause fear...but it could be perfect for this.

Medievarad

It is up to you, my dear Kranath, Salem purred in his mind. How long can you attain them? And if anyone approaches, do they still retain a mind to answer properly?

It seemed the young priestess was more than happy plotting this, merely addressing the possible complications it may present. The idea is proper. But it needs more refining, she added with a soft chuckle.

Marakai Trin

If anyone else approaches, I'll deal with them myself. More parts for your...things. It would seem as if he was still a little questioning of her golems.

And generally, my power outlasts the creatures themselves. They'll generally continue to operate so long as they don't get destroyed or start falling apart. There's perks to bring a dragon - I can hold automatons far longer due to not having a humans vitality.

At her final comment, he again looked at her oddly, arms crossed over his chest. Refining? Surely not.

And what would you do better, Salem? he asked, eyes glowing dangerously, one thin brow tilted as he watched her. So long as we're gone before the pile of bodies gets too high, we'll be fine. It only has to look good from afar, and while we're there we can think of something more permanent. I don't plan on staying there forever.

Medievarad

I refer to them as 'horrors', she answered easily, letting out a soft chuckle. I can give you a detailed description of how they work.

She glanced back towards Kranath, clasping her hands behind her back, before her eyes wandered back to the massacre she had just left. Do not be mistaken, some of these horrors are alive for fifteen years already, they have their own life essence, rather than borrowing mine.

She glanced back at him, rather unimpressed by his intimidating guise. She knew that he would make no move to harm her. He wasn't allowed. But the same went for her. If it is but temporary, this is the most efficient, thus I have no complaints.

Salem huffed softly. Let us move on, then, Kranath.

Marakai Trin

Kranath gave a solitary nod, the glow to his eyes dimming to a more passive light.

A few days, if need by, and hopefully nothing more. Kranath preferred to remain on the move, if possible, but he couldn't do so if her human limitations continually slowed them down.

Yes. I know not what we will find, but hopefully it will be nearby.

He turned from her, then, and began walking a brisk pace, hitching his daikatana higher on his shoulder as he went. He could do for a bath, covered nearly head to toe in sticky, congealing blood and gore. Stealth would definitely be a necessity, as he doubted any would see him and remain comfortable.

Medievarad

Salem smirked softly and fell into step next to him. If we backtrack, I found some suitable places, it is but several hours away.

She glanced over her shoulder again, following Kranath in silence, whether he'd turn around or head on his way. She'd only speak up when they found a suitable location.

Marakai Trin

Kranath's eyes squeezed shut in irritation. Why couldn't she have said this before?

....fine. I don't mind the walk. You lead, I'll follow, and lets make this quick, if we can Salem. I'd like to at least get something accomplished today, even if it is merely accommodating your needs.

He turned around, opening his eyes again, looking again towards the gore piles. He gave a wry smirk.

Medievarad

Quick? A soft chuckle left her as she snapped her fingers. Reality before them seemed to distort, black smoke slowly forming infront of them.

It is safe, I promise. With that, she stepped into the thick smoke, disappearing completely.

If Kranath followed her through, they would step out into the plains once again. A farm in the distance. I believe this may serve us well.

Salem huffed softly, glancing at him. Proceed, Kranath. I will remain here until you tell me to approach.

Marakai Trin

Kranath stepped through the dark distortion of soace. The sensation was almost like that of his resurrection, a feeling of being and not being, a sweet embrace of dark and cold.

He hated it. Death was his to command, he didn't need reminders of his time in that state of being. But still, a means of quick travel was convenient. He'd deal with it.

When he stepped into the new landscape, he surveyed their environs. He could see it there in the distance, a two story affair with a barn and stable close by. It would do nicely.

Very well. Well done - I'll contact you when it's finished.

About ten minutes later, Kranath found himself behind the barn. The structure itself was well made, but where age and elements had warped the wood, there were gaps that allowed him to see inside. He could see a single man, fending to a pair of large cows. They had apparently caught scent of a predator - no surprise, considering there was one looking in on them now - and they were skittish and constantly fidgeting. With no obvious way in from the back, he skirted around the far side of the structure, seeing no one outside and none peeking out the windows.

This would be too easy. Alone with nothing but a pair of animals, this man had little means of defending himself from the attacker coming from behind. Quietly, he crept into the barn, his eight inch kodachi in hand. His feet made not a sound as he continued onward, and his other hand swirled with blackness, almost like a multitude of tiny insects.

When he was but two feet behind the other, he slipped the narrow blade underneath the back of his ribcage, near his spine. With his other hand, swirling with necromantic energy, he gripped the back of the man's throat, the black specks of energy moving around the man's head and face , finding its way in ears, eyes, nose, mouth.

He never even fell. The dwindling vitality of the man was suppressed and negated by the darkness entering his body, snuffing out mortal life. The man's eyes appeared far away and empty.

Kranath removed his blade and his hand, and the automaton stood, turning slowly.

"Remain here," Kranath said. "In fifteen minutes, go into the house, clean the blood off of your corpse, and change clothing. Afterwards, follow your mortal routine." As he said this, his eyes swirled into pure blackness as he commanded the dead. When he finished, they returned to normal, his eyes glowing balefully.

((OOC: Gotta stop here, brain is being difficult, I'll pick it up again later, but you can respond if you like =p))

Medievarad

[Bad brain!]

Salem however, seemed rather indifferent to her way of traveling. It was something she used on a daily basis, after all. Praise? A soft chuckle left her. You are growing fond of me, aren't you, Kranath?

Another soft chuckle left her again as she turned around before he could retort, making her way to the edge of the forest and disappearing into the treeline.

>>-----<<

Kranath made his way into the barn and realized his practical part with lethal precision and flawless execution. As well as a flawless execution. At the same time, Salem had taken position in the forest, sitting on a rock and waiting.

However, a small child approached her with flowers, handing it over to her. As impertinent as children were, her beauty was immediately brought up by the small boy. But she was by no means as pretty as 'mama'.

"Who is mama?" She inquired with a soft smile, tricking the child into believing she could speak. And making sure the small boy couldn't notice the withering plants around her. She was completely trustworthy to the child. Yet she already knew the answer. The instant she set her sights on the small boy, she knew exactly who mama was. And the fact that she was already dead. And that the boy lived in the same farm Kranath was currently raiding.

So it may have just become problematic. She gave the child a soft smile and stood up, approaching him a tender hand caressing his cheek. That was the last sensation he felt, she had slowly sushed the life out of him. There was no suffering for the boy. No pain or torture. Just sleep. No wounds or blood, she suffered needlessly as a child. None others needed to share the fate in her eyes.

Are you about done, Kranath? She inquired with a soft breath, knowing full well the range of her telepathy was nearly unlimited. He may have realised, but she didn't only attune to his mind. She linked her own mind to his.

Marakai Trin

Just finished.

Before him stood a pretty little woman, garbed in finery. She was the very picture of beauty, the way the light played across her skin, a perfect figure...

Oh, and not to mention dead, looking at him with soulless, empty eyes. He'd given her the same instructions he'd given the man in the barn, and at that point she turned to comply.

There's a child's bedroom in here. I only found two adults on the property.

He slowly made his way down the stairs, ears straining for any other noises in the house. Truth be told, he ought to be able to hear heartbeats and smell other people, but it seemed there was nothing.

This house is too large for just three people, but we need to find that child.

Medievarad

Then I'm on my way, her own sentence was barely finished before she stepped out next to the stairs, holding a dead child in her arms. Cradling it close to her chest. It looked like nothing but sympathy. It seemed even one such as Salem had some form of compassion.

She glanced up at Kranath. Here he is, was picking flowers for his parents, she remarked, smiling softly.

Marakai Trin

Kranath arched a brow, and nodded. We'll have to be on the lookout for others. Like I said, this place is far too large for three.

He took the child from her arms, and laid him upon the floor. There were no discernible marks to cause death, and he again arched a brow.

In any case, he repeated the process as he had with the other two, instilling the corpse with a bit of necromantic power.

"...Go play...or something. Remain near the buildings, but come inside after dark."

He didn't honestly know or care what the child automaton did, so long as it could keep up appearances and stay out of their way.

There. Now we have a place for you to rest....I'm going to find some way of cleaning the blood out of my clothing.

Medievarad

Perhaps, we'll keep a look out, she answered passing the child on, glancing down at the boy. She folded her arms as she watched Kranath dictate the child's new directive.

She leaned against the wall, glancing at him. Do you require help? She inquired with a soft smirk.

Marakai Trin

Kranath paused, having already began walking. One hand was upon the open frame of a doorway as he turned to look over his shoulder.

With laundry....? I doubt it. But you may wish to wash as well, unless you want to scare off everyone so they can bring soldiers or some such. We're near Adela...so attention is something we should avoid.

He turned away and stalked down the hallway, turning a corner to open a door leading outside.

When he got outside, he immediately undid the metal clasps holding the intricate sheathes for his weapons in place, and then she'd his long coat. He stood there, thin and tall, wearing a sleeveless black tunic shirt and black pants, both of the same material of his coat. He carried both blades and coat, walking slowly around to find a water hole or some such, or perhaps a well or a pump.

Medievarad

I see. Then let us, she answered, following him closely. As they stepped outside, a thick body of black smoke once more appeared infront of her. Dissipating immediately when she stepped through it.

Several seconds later, the same smoke appeared next to Kranath. I have found a small creek, her voice resounded through his mind as she revealed herself in the smoke, before taking a step back into it.

And as he followed her through, they seemed several hundred meters away from the farm. It's better here. Else the scent of blood will linger around the farm. We wouldn't want that.

And, regardless of his approval or disdain, she headed over to the water, starting to slowly pull her robes off.

Marakai Trin

Kranath did follow her through the cloud of blackness, making a sound of approval upon exiting it.

He dropped his blades on the ground, and too stepped toward the water. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw her begin to disrobe. Had she no vanity either...?

However, he couldn't help but watch the revealing of skin as pale as his own. With those eyes and that skin, she could very well be a black dragon, too.

He peeled the bloody tunic shirt off, revealing deathly pale flesh, but also a well toned, wirey frame. On his left shoulder, there was a permanent scar - that where Tiamat had permanently burned the symbol for the Aerie from his flesh. On his right shoulder he wore a tattoo with the likeness of a dragon skull, inked in black.

Despite having been dead just over a week before, he appeared strong, agile, the very picture of what a professional killer should be.

He tossed his tunic shirt into the water, and hooked a foot under his coat and kicked it in as well. He kicked off his black leather shoes, and waded in.

Medievarad

She proceeded to disrobe, not seeming to notice Kranath's gaze. Her skin was pale and devoid from any scars or irregularities. It had an unnatural perfection to it. She was slim and agile, just a few of her ribs visible.

She took off not only her robes, but her undergarments aswell, being completely naked as she kneeled into the water, starting to wash herself. A supple chest and subtle hips. She still was rather young looking, considering the amount of power she currently held.

Make sure you don't forget to blink, she advised, being fully aware of his staring. She stretched stoftly as she washed her arms, washing away the dirt and the grime, before starting to tend to her clothes.

Tags: