Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A New Adelan Guard

Started by Anonymous, January 10, 2005, 04:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sachiko took a deep breath as she looked up at Adela Castle.  She couldn't believe she was finally going to get herself enstated as a knight.  She glanced around the village, taking note of the people and nodding to herself.  It was what she truly wanted to do.

She brushed her bright red hair out of her face and headed towards the Castle, bowing to the guards by the door and heading inside.  She looked around, wondering if there was anyone around.

"Hello?"  She called.  "Um... Hello?  I'm here to see about a... A job?"

She beamed to herself silently.  She was going to guard Adela if it killed her!  ...Which it probably might one day.  Of course, something like that would never keep her down for long.  

Or at all.  She was never one to fret about such things when there were bigger, more important things to worry about.

"HELLO!"  She shouted again.

Rhindeer

"Pipe down, I hear ya!"

Vincent had just entered the castle himself, and was rubbing his temples irritably with one hand as he turned slightly and paused in his brisk walk to face the woman who was making such a fuss. A young man in his mid-twenties, he hardly seemed like he belonged in the castle himself, with his rumpled casual clothes and braided red hair partially hidden by a bandana. Hair done in a myriad of small braids, two small, chin-length braids fell loose from his bandana to hang down on either side of his face.

Raising an eyebrow slightly as he took her in, glancing sidelong at her, he gave a nod. "Yer the new hopeful, eh?" Obviously, otherwise the guards at the gate wouldn't have let her in. Besides, she matched the description of the one he'd been told would come. "Alright. Follow me. I'll take ya to Queen Lykoth, but be patient...I apologize for the delay, but I gotta do some things first, but I promise it's all on the way; won't take long." He didn't sound sorry in the least. But, that was the sleep deprivation talking; he was far more pleasant when he wasn't cranky from getting too little sleep due to work and his...sickness, when it decided to act up.

Without waitingâ€"after all, he'd been in a bit of a hurry before she'd grabbed his attentionâ€"he took off again, heading toward a liveried servant making his rounds. Quickening his own pace, Vincent caught up with him as he was about to head off toward the hall that lead to the kitchens and, after speaking briefly with him, the servant hurried off in a direction entirely different to where he'd originally been headed, setting the tray he had been carrying down on the ground.

That taken care of, Vincent lead Sachiko on toward a spiral staircase, a guard stationed at the bottom of it. Seeing Vincent, the guard nodded, and Vincent glanced back at Sachiko. "After you," he said, motioning with his hand for her to go up first. "Queen Lykoth's quarters are up there. I'll be attending ya. And...no worries, alright? This'll be a really informal meeting, so be at your ease. Besides, it shows confidence, and if you wanna be a knight, one of her elite, you'll need a lot of it. Among other things," he told her, just as a head's up.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Sachiko sweatdropped, turning to face the man that was heaidng towards her.  "Hee hee.  Sorry.  Didn't mean to keep shouting like that, but I figured someone would answer the more I kept shouting."

She nodded.  "That would be me."  She said, fiddling with her fingers.  Her trademark bright red hair was a give away.  She hoped that wouldn't hinder her if she became a royal guard.

Sachiko nodded, not at all bothered by his tone.  That sort of thing didn't phaze her in the slightest.  "Alright, I can handle that, I think."  She was speaking more about the delay than the meeting witht he Queen.  She wasn't sure how she was going to handle that quite yet.

She jogged to keep up with him, waiting patiently whil ehe talked to a servant, then following him to the staircase, her eyes taking in every detail with a childlike curiosity.  Her attention snapped back to him when he motioned towards the stairs.

"Oh.  Alright."  She said, takign a deep breath.  A smile found it's way back onto her face as she looked at him.  "Thanks for all your help!"  She turned back to the stairs and headed up them, knocking on the door to the Queen's quarters.  "May I come in?"

Rhindeer

Vincent followed after Sachiko, and...well, he couldn't say he had expected her to be so bold as to knock on the door herself. Not that it really mattered in this case, and not that the guards stationed at her doors attempted to stop her, as Vincent was with her. Lykoth had been informed earlier the day before about the arrival of a potential knight, a female, and as the arranged meeting was to be informal, and in her own private chambers, all was well. Formalities could be dropped in private; in truth, Lykoth didn't care much for them, though they were necessary to maintain order and respect while in public.

And public consisted, really, of anytime when she wasn't alone, or among those closest to her.

Vincent didn't really need to be there to oversee the procedure; however, someone always needed to be in her chambers with her when in the company of a stranger, and Vincent took on that role whenever possible. The security in the castle really wasn't at its best currently. But they were all working to improve it.

And besides...Vincent knew more about weapons and battle than Lykoth did, and a knight was certainly expected to have extensive knowledge in both.

No voice answered from within answered Sachiko's request. Rather, a moment later, and the door was opened by Lykoth herself as she bade both the new woman and Vincent to enter. "You are Sachiko, are you not?" Lykoth questioned the woman as she moved aside to allow them entrance, and though her attitude was calm and casual, her garments did not fit her mood. Modest but elegant, she wore a layered gown of silvers, reds, and blacks, all silk and lace, with a collar that settled around her throat. She personally may not have been afraid of flashing skin, and lots of it, but for the purposes of her own position, demure but strong was the image she wanted to give off.

Shoulder length red hair done up in many small braids, similar to Vincent's but far more intricately done, with small glass beads woven into the braids, she gazed at Sachiko with soft gray eyes. And hoped they were less bloodshot than they had been earlier that morning.

She had been stretching herself rather thin lately, and hadn't gotten the most sleep last night. Though...what sleep she had gotten had been more refreshing than she could have expected for a mere four or five hours.

Still, even while meeting this potential knight, she was already formulating a to-do list in her mind. Meet this knight. Check up on Arelnath and Dorian. Speak with various people who were knowledgeable in the running of the village...
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Goldie

Kylanya followed Lykoth throughout the day and was sitting by the window in her private chamber when the Knight was admitted.  Her work here was far from over and she waited patiently for the next time her powers would be needed.  Being the muse to a Queen, and a new Queen especially, was much harder than she had expected!  Even being with Lykoth for only a short whileshe found her powers were constantly in use.

Apollo help me she murmered a silently prayer, watching from her seat by the window, still invisible from view.

Anonymous

This was wonderful, Tarlaka mused as she made her way to the new Queens chambers, which would be the most likely place for her to be. And if she isn't, whoo hoo, more running! The knight pushed her blue bangs behind her pointed elvin ears and was care to not snag her large black feathered wings on anything. The guards did nothing, they new her, who could forget a knight with blue bangs, black wings and, pointed ears? Not to mention she was one of the higher ranking officers, which made her begin to wonder, but she stopped when her pondering got her running down the wrong hall.

Tarlaka gave a rather large groan of annoyance and back tracked and began to go the right way again, now she knew why she didn't run with those damn shoulder plate things on, they were heavy. Her swords and her armour made rhythmic clanking noises as she ran, and her hair bounced around her face. Tarlaka ran up the stairs and basically barged into the Queens room, for all Tarlaka knew, the queen could have been naked, which was a plus side when she was fully dressed with other people in the room. Tarlaka stayed at the door for a few second and caught her breath before walking into the room.

"Your highness, there is a dragon on one of the towers, he is requesting your presents and I was asked to bring him to you. You don't want him to stand on anymore towers so I advise you to go."

Tarlaka wasn't usually so demanding to royalty, just being a lowly knight commander, but she had been here longer than the new queen and most likely new the corners better. Tarlaka waited with her hands at her sides and her chin straight, waiting for a command of some sort, he cheeks were flushed and she adjusted her wings.  Tarlaka looked at the people, her gaze on Sachiko for a few moments, as if sizing her up, then looked back at the queen.

"If my lady wishes it, you could bring the girl with you... See if she's up to being a knight of Adela"

Great, more comments from the knight with pointed ears; she looked down for a moment then back up. Her right hand unconsciously going to the sword on her right hip, her sapphire eyes where questioning as she looked at the new queen.