Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Prison Escape [Open]

Started by PotatoLion, January 24, 2017, 10:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PotatoLion

Kasa jumped and let out a small 'Ah!' in surprise when the goblin popped out from his hiding place. She placed a hand over her chest and nodded to the goblin. "Yes. It is." She answered with a mutter and relaxed her stance, especially when the sword was sheathed away. "Yes. She has caught a mourning dove. Swift flyers. It will work well." She'd say with a grin. Patting a pouch tied to her belt; which presumably held the plumage that she had spent so many days trying to capture.

"This one is now ready when ever Gary is."

Wrathwyrm

Aha!  So, she had secured the feathery pelt of those birds that go 'Pi-ti-ti-ti-ti...!' when they fly off.  Very good.  so now, they were ready.  Well...we say ready, but ummm...looking around...  It was still light out for a while.

"You may as well come down.  We're not moving until proper dusk, and that will be a while."

He wondered how well Kasa - rather, Nagoli - could see in the dark.

PotatoLion

Kasa nodded, Making her way over to the hatch large open hatch that Gary was in, wearing her usual grin. "Sound good. Too early to break and enter, yes?" She asked, taking a seat on the ledge of the hatch before letting herself drop down into the den. Landing with an audible 'thump' on the dirt floor. Her knees bending to absorb the impact of the fall before she pushed herself back up to a stand.

"How is Concord? Feel better?" She asked the goblin, waiting for him before she dared to venture further into the den. It would be rude to wander around without her host.

Wrathwyrm

"That's entirely the idea, yes."

You couldn't do that sort of thing in broad daylight.  Somebody would notice.  Worse yet, the prospect of being spotted in Adela, where the local constabulary is the local militia and that instead of horses, they might have dragons, was not-at-all good for business.  So, yes.  Wait until dark and all will be well.  As for Concord...Kasa would hear the sounds of something metal being crunched.  It was like...like the spider was chewing on the cages that'd been here.

"Oh, she's getting better.  Her appetite's been in, but her strength isn't up to snuff.  I'd offer you some food, but...well...there isn't any."

He shrugged at that.  Well, at least it was a nice day out, soon to be a nice night.

PotatoLion

Kasa squinted as she tried to discern what the strange metal crunching sound was. After a moment of thought her brows rose with surprise...And she had thought things couldn't get stranger. "Ah...She is glad that Concord is feeling better." She'd say simply, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked around. Her shoulders tensing somewhat, although not over anything particularly serious...She was just not the best conversationalist; Especially with someone who was essentially a stranger still.

She reached into her pouch, gently removing the plumage of the Mourning dove, running her fingers over it's feathers before flipping the skin over to feel for any tears or anything that might lead to jeopardizing their mission. Thankfully, it has been holding up well, and prays it will continue to hold up through out the night.

Wrathwyrm

Gary was a stranger, and both his habits and the habits of his steed made him stranger still, but as far as this rogue-ish goblin goes...at least he had courtesy.

"My apologies for the noise.  I wasn't letting her go out, but she needed something to do.  So...well...I'd seen dogs and wolves chewing on things when they're bored or agitated, and those animal cages were around..."

The masked goblin then pulled out deck of cards.

"So, do you play at all?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Time would pass, and soon the sun had gone completely from the day.  They would emerge from the burrow, Gary would close the hatch, and then he would cover it in dirt and leaves.  From there, he would be proceeding near the path into Ketra, and he would be doing so in a manner of darting stealth once they were close to town or anyone capable of noticing them.

PotatoLion

Kasa would perk up at the mention of cards. "This one doesn't play often. But she know few games." She'd explain with a grin, glad the goblin had something to help pass the time. She'd take a seat with him as he started to deal the cards..

----------------------------------------------------------------

Kasa squinted at her hand of cards. She couldn't figure out if the goblin thief was cheating, or if she really was this bad at cards. It seemed he had beat her with every hand, or most at the very least. Thankfully, he saved her from the embarrassment of losing another round, he made it known that it was time to get moving. She set down her cards with the rest of the deck. Once they finished covering the hatch with dirt, Kasa would take out her new plumage. Focusing on shifting, her bones would snap as she shrunk down, feeling lighter as her bones became hollow. She would follow above Gary, ready to alert him if she saw anything on their way back into the city.

Wrathwyrm

Holy shit, that was impressive.  No, not her losing streak.  The shapeshifting, damn you!  To be able to shrink down into something that small and fly off was just unbelieveable, sometimes.  And then, the moment was slightly ruined by Gary snerking at the 'Pi-ti-ti-ti-ti!' noise made as she took flight.  It was just one of those things, okay?  Perfectly normal sounds, otherwise, and soon...the edge of Ketra could be seen.  Lots of night patrol, though it's mostly about the air.  Foot soldiers were present, but if they didn't hear or see anything...what was there to worry about.  Gary would leap out of cover after a soldier had gone on, and would find himself flat against the side of a building, sneaking along the wall now.  He was very hard to see at this point, but it appeared that he knew where he was going and was going to get there soon.

PotatoLion

Kasa could feel her heart swell with a bit of pride when she saw the look on the Goblin's face. She had impressed him. And if a bird could be grinning like a goof it would be. But, there was no time to let her pride get the better of her. She took to the skies as Gary started the trek towards the city. The Skin-Walker remained Gary's eye in the sky as they maneuvered their way through the woods and up onto the cold, grey walls that protected Ketra. Making sure to signal with that signature 'Pi-ti-ti-ti' sound for when ever the guards were getting close. It was a little difficult to, and she had to fly low to keep an eye on the surroundings. Mourning doves were diurnal birds,not nocturnal. So it was difficult to get her bearings. She could make out shapes and movement. But she couldn't make out fine details, she almost lost sight of the Goblin a few times till she saw a smaller figure move from hiding place to hiding place.

Wrathwyrm

He may be a little too good at this.  Gary Blight, leapt and crept from shadow to shadow.  He DID note the regular frequency of the mourning dove sound, and it was indeed helpful.  For not only did it signal him, but it distracted at times.  The soldiers also found it a little odd to hear that sound at night, but...they didn't make anything of it.  It was a dove, not an intruder.  Not unless the dove was startled BY an intruder...but again, she wasn't even where Gary had been, so no harm done.

Gary came to the animal shop building from behind and produced a grappling hook on a rope from his belt.  Years of swinging these things around and flinging them up such walls allowed him to get it up there, first try.  Jumping up, he pulled himself taut against the rope and began to run back and forth, pendulum-style, before his swing took him close enough to jump up top and land on the roof.  His momentum prevented the hook from losing total grip before the leap and he was there.  So, where was Kasa?

PotatoLion

Great. Where did goblin go?

She inwardly cursed for not finding a bird that had better vision in the night. But in the quiet of the knight she heard something strange. A scrape of metal on stone. She fluttered towards the sound. Her head tilting this way and that way to try and spot the source of the sound. She managed to notice some movement on a roof as she flew in search of Gary...That could be him.

She dove downwards, wings spreading out to slow her descent before fluttering her wings to balance herself as she landed on top of (who she hoped) was Gary. Twittering in curiosity as she looked to the person she had landed on.

Grgr

Hector froze when he felt the thing land on him, but really could one blame him? This city were known for their flying beasts, and it took him a moment to realize that it was to small to be a dragon... way to small.

Hector takes of his hood and looks at the thing on his shoulder. It was a small Mourning Dove, no bigger than his hand.

Mourning Doves are day birds not night birds, so Hector wondered why such a small thing was flying out in the dark.

"Are you a sign?" Hector quietly asks the bird. "That my mission is going to be an success?" Hector stares onto the birds eyes. "Oh great Blood God! You have not failed me and have even given me a sign-" Hector drops to his knees. "-Great God of mine! Thank you!" Hector shouted but whispered at the same time. If the bird has not flew away yet, Hector picks it up from his shoulder.

PotatoLion

Wait a second.

Now that Kasa was closer to the hooded figure, she realized this hood was a different color compared to Gary's. "Are you a sign?" Asked a voice as he pulled down his hood. A tan individual with short hair. Kasa blinked a beady-eyed bird blink. This was certainly not Gary.

Kasa opened her wings to try and fly off and find her partner-in-crime, but, this action sent a message to the follower of the Blood God that Kasa didn't know she was sending and the individual picked her off his shoulder. She squawked with surprise and tried to squirm for freedom.

Wrathwyrm

So, Gary was working steadily along, almost done with his work on the roof.  Bitterfang grew stronger, the longer you were using it with the intent to cause harm, the stronger it would get.  Therefore, it began to work faster as he pressed on.  The thing of it was, he didn't see Kasa anywhere, and then out of nowhere, he heard some guy declaring that such-and-so was a sign that his mission was going to be a success.

Gary blinked, and looked over at another rooftop where there was a man kneeling.  He was kind of tall and dressed in a red robe with a staff in one hand...and a bird in the other.  Specifically, it was a mourning dove that radiated with the energy of a certain woman with the capability to change into animals.  Additionally, HE radiated with an aura of magic that was twisted and red.  In Gary's understanding, that meant blood magic.  His Blight Sight allowed him to see and determine such things, and that meant...if he was taking Kasa as a sign...then Kasa was about to be sacrificed for power.  Well, we can't have that, so there would be some swift and quiet jumps to close the distance, and...Hector would find a masked goblin nearby.

"Your blood god did not deliver that bird.  She mistook you in the dark for me, an understandable mistake.  We can't all have eyes like me.  But I'm afraid I'll have to...wait.  Now...there's a thought."

The highwayman got a big grin on his face.

"I can offer you blood for your blood god.  All you have to do is let the bird go.  You'll have power in excess to do...whatever it is you're planning to do."

Grgr

This thing dared to interrupt the ritual! Hector glares at it for a moment at least before he heard the rest of what it had to say. Hector eyes open wide and he gives a large smile. Turning to the bird, he cocks his head.

"Why did you say that in the beginning." Hector opens his clenched hand where holding the slightly crushed bird. "Oh, so sorry-" Hector lifts up the bird, the sets it back down. "-Miss. My apologies." Hector starts to smooth down it's feathers. "There we go!"

Hector turns to the goblin once more.

"Here's your birdi. Keep good care of it now, I have grown a liking to it." Hector continues to smile, having no idea that the bird was actually a skin walker, or in this case, flier, and gives it back to the goblin... Around Hector's was a small bit of blood, no bigger than the birds foot, keeping out of sight. Hector was not stupid, he could only just a goblin as far as he could throw him. The blood came from a thinner than a finger nail wound on the birds shoulder. The blood hides underneatheathe his robe and then he stands up.

"The name is Hector, you?" he asks, trying to get to know his new partner in crime.Hector has it so the small bit of blood will perice his own back and collect some blood there, and then shoot out of the front of his chest, and enter the goblin, if it betrays him about the blood.

PotatoLion

(( So sorry for the late reply on this. I hadn't gotten any notification in my email about it so I hadn't thought to check! ))

Kasa squawked and flailed more, flinching when she felt his nail scrape her shoulder and his grip seem to tighten to keep in place. He could probably feel her tiny bird heart pumping harder and faster with panic. She wasn't sure what he had planned, but being man-handled was never good. She couldn't shift back with the grip he had on her either to force him to drop her, it could lead to her breaking a bone or two if he didn't let go of her. She was ready to start pecking at his fingers, but she heard a certain voice that she never realized she'd be so happy to hear "Your blood god did not deliver that bird."

Gary! Thank the Spirits he had spotted her!

Kasa's fluttering calmed when the Goblin came to the rescue. She quieted down to listen to the conversation, looking between the two...So. The man was the follower of some sort of blood god? That is...Unnerving. She'd have to keep an eye out for him in the future so she doesn't end up as some sort of ritual sacrifice.

When Hector set her down on the ground she'd take a step to get away from the petting hand, shaking herself, her feathers ruffled before flying up to land on the Goblin's shoulder; cooing cautiously as it studied the two, opting not to reveal her actual form to the red man.

Wrathwyrm

The man talked funny, perhaps an accent that Gary was unfamiliar with.  It mattered not.  Though he seemed irritated by the intrusion, it was better and better as the promise of blood came into view.  Yes, perhaps he should've thought of it sooner, but you can't rush genius like this.  It just so happened that it worked out perfectly, thus a battle - which would most-assuredly attract attention from the city guard - became unnecessary.  When he let go of Kasa and she came to perch on his shoulder, the man - called Hector - desired introductions.

"I am Gary Blight.  She is called Nagoli."

He now, for reasons of explanation, indicated the roof that he had been on, the roof which was almost completely cut through by his blade.

"It was by coincidence, you might say, that I came to meet my current associate as I chose to rob that building there, for my needs.  It is an animal shop, one which catches and trades whatever the owner can get his hands on.  You smile at the deliverance of a bird.  I give you run of an entire store of living animals, if you simply allow us to collect what we came here for, which is gold...and some pelts."

Perhaps, in a way, the not-a-mourning-dove-at-all was good luck for the blood mage.  It led him to a better prize.

Grgr

Hector smiled and looked over to the roof that Gary Blight pointed to.

"Some pelts and the gold you say? Hmm... I have no problems." Hector flips up and puts on his hood that he took off earlier. He twirls around the staff that he had laid down on the ground, it was brown and red, and the tip seemed to be a cross that had been sharpened at each end. Hector look up to the sky for any in coming dragons, but they all seemed to be pretty far off. Hector looks back to the goblin.

"Shall we?" Hector asks while gesturing to the other roof.

PotatoLion

Kasa cooed with thought as she looked between the two. this was certainly not the direction she thought her life would go. Teaming up with a motley crew to steal from a store. It was exciting, but something she wasn't planning to make a habit of.

Now that they had their team together. It was time to get started. Kasa flew up from Gary's shoulder and circled the building. Keeping a beady eye out for anything that could jeopardize the mission.

Hmm...Perhaps she could make a deal with Hector, What ever animal he sacrificed, she could have it's pelt? Assuming his rituals weren't too...Messy with the precious pelts.

Wrathwyrm

"Surely."

The bird flew off to keep watch and Gary leapt back to the roof he'd been working on.  Faster than you can say 'Form Blazing Sword!', he was at it again.  Bitterfang was plunged into the cut he had made before to renew its work.  It was a slow start, of course.  With the intent to slash having gone away, the enchanted blade had 'cooled' its acid touch.  In time, however, the hole was complete, and the chunk of roof fell through.  Numerous animal noises could be heard from within.

"I will go first.  If the owner is about, I will handle him directly."

Swiftly, the goblin jumped inside.  There was a momentary clatter from having jostled a cage or two in the landing, but he was unharmed.  And then, he went into the darkness to find the man and his holdings.  For such a business, it seemed likely for him to have a safe or a strongbox, especially when the man did not have on a particularly-large pouch when he had been here in disguise.  Oh yes, the money would be about somewhere...