Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Being Together Under Troublesome Trees[M]

Started by Draconian, January 31, 2017, 11:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

@Cheesigator  Look. Look. It says BTUTT. =D It was the closesests I could get it.

Bifrost woke the next morning... Content. There hadn't been anything naughty but waking up on a bed, head pillowed against an arm, a hand still pressed to his chest. A chest pressed to his back. He almost didn't want to move, didn't want to face reality again. Bifrost, instead, rolled over carefully and pressed his face into his bed companions chest, ear pressed against his chest to listen to the steady thrum of his heartbeat. It was nice, to start off like this. So familiar, the heartbeat.

Later on the day, backpack slung over his shoulder, hair tied back in a braid, bandanna covered his ears, it was business as usual and he took a deep breath, sighed. It was nice here and Bifrost was tempted to ask Kirkley if they could stay just a few days, get their bearings. Rest up.

At least, until a strange feeling pulled at his chest and he looked towards the man sitting oh so regally with a book in his hand on a porch. A cup of tea on the wooden table before him. His hair was black, streaked through with reds and greens and he looked royal, he was completely still except for the occasional blink, the occasional sip of tea. A brief look to Bifrost and he found he couldn't look away, like he was drawn to him.

"Ah, greetings," the man said, pushing his hair from his left eye while the other was still obscured, a smile - which made Bifrosts spine tingle from how predatory it was, "I am Reinier. Is it safe to assume you're travelers?" A smile and he nodded to the backpack, the boots. The general worn look of the pair. Bifrost gave a little nod, confused but intrigued.

"Fantastic, I have a proposition for you," He grinned, looking between Bifrost and Kirkley, a strange smile on his face, entertained to a degree, "I have need of a pair of strapping young gentlemen to fetch me something. It's close to Fell, and as a mage, I can't go there," Which really chapped him but they didn't need to know that, "I can sense you're..." He tilted his head to the side, trying to catch the right word, "Different, but not mages." Reinier stood up, the same height as Bifrost but he stood straighter, taller, shoulders a little more broad.

"I can pay you a quarter now, and then the rest when you bring me what I seek." A grin and he held out a bag of money, which was far more than Bifrost would even imagine and he just stared. It was... "Yeah," Bifrost said huskily, not even remembering when he'd decided to do it, "What do you need?"

Reinier pushed the purse into Bifrosts hand, grinning that predators grin, "There is a temple, probably overgrown now, and I need you two to... Get me an item from it. A jewel. A green jewel and it should be embedded in a statue that - actually - kind of resembles you," A flick of his eyes to Bifrost, "But perhaps more... Pretty. There are wards and traps, of course, and the informant that has told me that as of two weeks ago it was still there." Reinier smiled.

"I have ways of keeping tabs on you two. I'll know if you've screwed me and trust me," He looked to Kirkley, lifting an eyebrow, "You don't want to even attempt it. Besides, you look like you could use a little adventure." Reinier looked at his watch, looked at the sky and sat back down to sip his tea and pick up his book again, "Best be going before it starts to rain, you two," He said, bored, clearly having dismissed them.

Bifrost wandered away, a little dazed. Frowning at the purse in his hand.

"So... Supplies?" He said with a silly smile, "Hope you don't mind that I accidentally-on-purpose agreed to go on a fetch quest for a weird guy that gives me super creepy feelings." Bifrost chuckled and tilted his head, "Can't wait to see a statue that looks like me, think he just meant elfy? Probably just meant elfy. Probably even a woman elf. Racist."

Cheesigator

There had been several things that morning that Kirkley had woken up to that were completely strange sensations to him; the first being a warm bed, and the second being someone he cared deeply for in that bed with him. He hadn't complained, and in fact found himself quite happy because of these circumstances; the affections he ravished Bifrost with were just another way for him to express it so.

They had headed out today to poke around, see what there was to see--because Bifrost hadn't been out of Connlaoth before, had never had a reason to, so it would be cruel, or at least Kirkley thought it would be, if he didn't let the man do a little bit of sight-seeing. He'd originally been planning on staying a few days, maybe taking up a few odd jobs here and there so they could pay for their room, but it seemed that was not going to be the case.

He'd noticed him too, a presence that felt... Hauntingly familiar but in such a light sense that it just tickled the back of his brain, like a cobweb, and, thinking it to be paranoia, Kirkley tried to figuratively brush it off.

Still, the way this man spoke gave him the creeps, and the fact that Bifrost was so enchanted while listening to him... It made a growl bubble up in Kirkley's throat as this guy, Reinier, gave them his greetings.

Slimy and so low he could limbo under a rattlesnake.

He didn't like this.

He cast a weary glance over to Bifrost, standing a little bit closer to him, mostly just to emphasize the fact that he considered himself his elf-eared companion's protector, and if anyone was going to start any trouble, they'd have to go through him, first. Including this creepy, asshole of a guy.

He apparently had a job for them, assuming they were travelers (which Kirkley found a little rude; for some odd reason, his first reaction was to curse the man for talking to Bifrost like that, assuming him to be some lowlife--but, that was what they actually were, so... Why did he feel so defensive? Ugh.)

He opened his mouth to question the location, Fell, of all places, but before he could say anything more, the man had held up a purse of coin and Bifrost was practically drooling over it. Kirkley rolled his eyes a little, muttering a "Careful there big guy, if you don't pick your jaw up from your shoes you just might trip on it."

Kirkley narrowed his eyes at the description of their destination--a temple, with a statue in it that looked like Bifrost. Prettier? He scoffed. Impossible. But his eyes met Reinier's at the mention of the man having ways of keeping tabs on them, and he glared back at him, his jaw clenching, but he remained silent. If this was what his companion really wanted, then so be it. He couldn't do much more than accompany him on the journey.

As they walked away, and Bifrost oogled the bag of money, Kirkley let out a sigh through his nose.

"Fell isn't exactly a place where anybody without a deathwish should be hanging around." He said, the tone of his voice serious. "Even I don't go there." And he'd been wandering aimlessly on this earth for who knows how long.

He eyed his partner carefully. "But if it's what you want then we'll go--buy as much food as you like but remember I can hunt whenever we need. Perhaps you should get yourself a good weapon, hm?" He mused, smiling a little.

It wasn't like they needed a whole lot, not if they were going to be traveling. Kirkley was too big to fit on most horses, and if Bifrost wanted a ride he could always just change his form for him. So it would be up to the strange elf man to buy their supplies--after all, Kirkley was used to living off of the wilderness, and the wilderness alone. He hadn't the slightest idea what a modern man might think to pack on a life-threatening road trip.

Draconian

There was a level look.

No one without a deathwish would go to Fell.

Bifrost frowned for just a second, barely enough to even count as a frown. He rubbed his chest for a moment, memories of his brothers. A sigh and he tried to smile at Kirkley before he turned away and closed his eyes for a moment. He liked Kirkley. The big pup was ... Amazing. Still, he seemed like a drifter and Bifrost was waiting for the day when he woke up at Big Pup was just gone and he didn't want to be surprised.

Licking his lips he gave a false grin, full of bravado and flipped his braid over his shoulder and gave Kirkley an almost challenging look. Chin up, eyebrows up. "What, it can't be that scary," From Connlaoth, Bifrost had sort of heard about Fell. It was in the history books. The reason why magic was bad. Why innately magical things were bad and it actually made sense to Bifrost. They'd destroyed themselves.

Bifrost also sort of had a deathwish.

As great as Kirkley was, he couldn't quite find himself willing to live for only him.

A bit of a frown at the mention of needing a weapon and he gave a little nod, looking up and around. A bedroll. A decent backpack. Some changes of clothing. Maybe something enchanted to be water repellent - that'd be amazing now that it was an option. Bifrost nibbled on his lower lip, looking at the bag of coins and shrugged slightly. He'd always just... Brawled.

"I'm no good with weapons," He said, tilting his head slightly, maybe... A dagger? He thought for a moment about his pointy ears. Maybe he was amazing with a bow as some innate species skill. The idea made him chuckle and he smiled to himself before he rubbed his ear through his bandanna.

The gathering of supplies was mostly painless. The water repellent blanket cost a pretty penny and it would only last a year before it was just a regular old blanket but... He wouldn't be around for another year, probably, so... Eh, whatever. Bifrost also decided that it was too late to start the journey and he dragged Kirkley back to that cute little tavern again.

"Do you mind staying here another night?" He asked softly,looking a little concerned, looking hesitant, "We can head out in the morning? I kinda wanna sleep in a bed at least one more night before we go back to the ground," Bifrost smirked, "Or I guess I could just sleep on you while we're out." A lick of his lips, "You can teach me some... Uh... Fighting moves or something. Tell me more about Fell? It can't be that bad."

Cheesigator

Kirkley's brows furrowed; for a moment he thought he'd seen something darker cross Bifrost's face, and he wondered what the man was thinking--but then it was all foolish courage as he said Fell couldn't possibly be that scary.

Kirkley just shook his head; it wasn't like he'd seen Fell either, but... Well, maybe he had. Maybe he had and he'd just forgotten it. There were so many things he had forgotten. Maybe that was why the sense of dread filled his stomach, why every fiber of his being was telling him to stay away otherwise he would get hurt.

Which he found a little odd.

He wasn't reluctant to go because he was afraid of death, he was reluctant to go because... Because he might remember something.

In the end he still tried to convince Bifrost to at least buy a dagger, something, in case his fists weren't enough. At least a dagger had more than one use, as well.

But ultimately he stayed pretty quiet throughout the day, offering insights when he could into their little shopping adventure, and teasing the man here and there--but for the most part, he just spent it watching and observing him. Seeing how he was faring, how he acted around other people. Some things he did felt so familiar, and that made Kirkley only more confused.

"No, it's fine if we stay another night." He said as they approached the tavern.

Despite the bed being a foot or two too short, it had still been decently comfortable, a definite upgrade to sleeping on grass and dirt, and it was indeed pretty late, especially when they had spent most of the day on their feet, looking around at all there was to see. At least Bifrost was getting a chance to see everything, though. That made him smile a little.

They got back up to their room and Kirkley kicked his boots off, sitting on the edge of the bed with a sigh as he dropped his bag to the floor by his feet, watching Bifrost with a look in his eyes that definitely made him seem far older than he looked.

"I don't remember Fell, but I think I've been there before. I just have a bad feeling about it." He said with a sigh as he scratched the back of his head and laid down, leaving plenty of room for his companion to come join him if he wanted.

"All I can tell you is what you probably already know; mages got too curious for their own good and messed with shit they shouldn't have." His brows furrowed, his gaze fixed on the ceiling as he thought of it. "Always makes me queasy when I think about it, for some reason." He said, before letting out a deep exhale through his nose.

"My only concern is the curse." He suddenly turned his gaze to Bifrost, rather pointedly staring at him. "We don't know what you are, you could get infected with it."

Draconian

A purse of his lips and Bifrost followed suit after getting to the room. Boots were off and he slowly peeled his shirt off not long after, enjoying the lack of clothing on his chest. While Kirkley Spoke, Bifrost carefully unbraided his hair, undoing the bandanna and pulling it away before playfully wrapping it around Kirkley's neck like a weird fluffy tie. Mages being too curious.

When wasn't that a thing?

Bifrost paused, frowning at himself. Connlaoth way of thinking.

Mages weren't bad and it wasn't their fault they could do magit. Bifrost chewed on his lips while he finger combed his hair, trying to remember a time he'd ever had magic before. He'd always been able to 'listen' to trees, kinda. Though, before his brothers it had always just been... quiet hints. Nothing like the word's he'd heard. Magic didn't result from trauma, did it? Still, Bifrost shrugged.

"So? I just... Won't leave Fell if that happens," Bifrost didn't think so. It didn't feel like magic. It just felt like... More of himself. A little frown and he moved to sit on the floor on his knees to look up at Kirkley, hair falling over his shoulders and resting at his waist. "You can off me and take the rest of that guys money," He teased, morbidly, almost instantly regretting it. Kirkley seemed kinda... Sensitive to that stuff and Bifrost was quick to look away before he cleared his throat again and reached forward to put a hand on either of Kirkley's knees.

"It'll be fine. I've been around Mordecai and I've never felt any different, I'm sure if I was a mage I'd have... Done stuff before now," Bifrost rubbed his thumb on Kirkley's leg and gave him a squeeze in an effort to calm him. As much as the big guy seemed to think this wasn't a good idea, he wasn't really planting his heels and demanding they don't go so.... "Maybe you just fucked some inborn powers into me or something," He laughed, grinning widely at his own crude joke, "I'm sure it'll be fine, Pup, I promise. Don't worry." He nodded to the pillow, "Curl up so I can spoon you."

Cheesigator

He had given the man a playful smirk at the bandana, before he eventually tugged it off and set it on the nightstand that sat by the bed. He paused however, when Bifrost just suggested he stay behind in Fell.

That wrenched at his gut and tore it, made his breath catch in his chest because suddenly it hurt to take in air.

Why did the idea of leaving Bifrost behind, or losing him, hurt him so much? It was so incredibly frustrating, because he couldn't figure it out. He had no right to feel this way, no reason to--he'd never gotten this quickly attached to someone before in his life, not that he could remember. So why?

He gave his companion a sudden hard look when he had joked about Kirkley killing him. The worry and anger in his eyes, though the anger wasn't directed towards Bifrost, said don't even joke about that.

He looked away again, clenching his jaw as he tried to calm his thoughts, get his emotions under control. He took in a deep breath and let it out in a slow, measured exhale as Bifrost squeezed his leg and tried to... Comfort him. He shouldn't have been the one of the two of them who needed comfort, dammit.

He gave the man a slight smile at his joke, and moved over so he could climb onto the bed, but he didn't know what to say. So instead he decided that actions were better than words, and he rolled over so he was facing the man, so he could wrap his arms around Bifrost and pull him close and just... Hold him.

Gods, why did his heart sing when he had Bifrost in his arms? Why did he feel the tingling sensation of tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.

"The thought of... Of leaving you anywhere hurts me so much more than any other physical pain I've felt recently in my life." He admitted quietly, pressing a kiss to Bifrost's head. "I don't know why."

He ran his hand up and down the man's back, the other keeping his thief held close, like if he let him go he might just disappear, and that thought actually terrified him.

Draconian

An alarmed look crossed his face at how instantly the mood changed after he spoke. Bifrost gave Kirkley a long look, frowning slightly at him, a little worried. Mostly concerned. Had he said something? Though, there he was on the bed and Bifrost moved to join him, hair a forest green curtain around his shoulders and when he moved to curl in against Kirkley's back, the big man rolled over and he felt... Small.

Small and warm and protected and Bifrost found himself closing his eyes and reveling in it. It wasn't a parents warmth. It was more and he couldn't even explain it to himself. Though, at Kirkley's confession, his eyes popped open and he stared up at Kirkley, or as up as he could while they were both laying sideways. The confession made his heart throb and for a moment it felt like he'd betrayed everything Kirkley was to him.

But what was he to him?

Bifrost closed his eyes briefly at the chaste kiss to the forehead and Bifrost curled his arm over Kirkley and snuggled in, pressing a kiss to his chest before resting his forehead to feel the bigger mans heartbeat. That was slowly becoming one of his favourite sounds. The steady beat of Kirkley's heart. A chuckle left him and he pulled his head away and shuffled up on the bed so they were face to face.

"Hey, Pup," Bifrost crooned, reaching up to trace Kirkley's lips," I think you're getting a little attached," He teased, the smile on his face and the look in his eyes letting him know that Bifrost didn't mind. Licking his lips he smoothed his thumb over Kirkley's cheek bone and moved in before he pressed their noses together, "Me too," He whispered before going in for a kiss. It was unusual, to have someone there. It felt unconditional. It was scary and amazing and Bifrost didn't know what to do with it.

So he rode the feeling, he listened to his gut before pulled away from the kiss, smiling. "Don't worry Pup, I'm not going to go anywhere, you kidding? You'll have to try really hard to get rid of me." Maybe. Bifrost licked his lips and leaned back, smirking, one eyebrow raised before he gave another chaste little kiss and leaning back, smiling. "Tired yet, Pup?"

Cheesigator

He didn't really expect Bifrost to say anything, or have any kind of a positive reaction to what he just said. He knew it was crazy, that it made no sense, was a misplaced feeling and something he needed to probably get over.

But something in the back of his mind told him he would never get over it, because he never had.

Never had from what? From when?

Yet Bifrost shifted up in the bed, his violet eyes meeting Kirkley's mismatched white-and-gold, his tan fingertips brushing against Kirkley's lips. The big shifter huffed at him, the warm breath that he exhaled through his nostrils ghosting over the elf-eared man's hand. He blinked though, when Bifrost said he was getting attached too. And as his companion leaned in, he felt his own gaze soften as he met him in the kiss, pulling him a little closer and more against him as he closed his eyes, drowned himself in the man's taste even if only for a moment.

He snorted when the thief spoke next, a warm smirk crossing his lips, one that looked far more familiar to Bifrost than the serious looks he'd been donning earlier. He raised his eyebrows a little.

"Tired enough, but you really are quite a distraction." He teased, leaning forward to catch Bifrost's lower lip in a gentle nip, tugging at it before he let it go and kissed him again, letting his hands wander and give the man's ass a playful squeeze before coming up a bit to rest on his hips.

He propped himself up on his elbow after he pulled away a bit, enjoying the view of the other lying there on the bed next to him, and his expression was quite pleased as he smirked at the sight. "You're too pretty for your own good, you know."

Draconian

The biting.

Bifrost had never realized he had a bit of a kink for having his lips nibbled on until Kirkley. A sleepy look at him and he just smiled, eyes closed before he moved his hand to his face and gave a breathy laugh, feeling the heat on his cheeks from his blush. A distraction, he'd been called.

"Pretty," Bifrost mimiced, smirking, "That's what every grown man wants to be. Pretty." He reached up to tap Kirkley's nose before he stretched his arms up,  topless, arching his back and giving a wide yawn once he was done his stretch. He tossed his hair over his shoulder to fan behind him on the pillow and he closed his eyes briefly. "Have we done this before?" Bifrost whispered, opening his eyes, "I feel like we've done this before. But... Not last night." A sigh and Bifrost sat up, rubbing his chest with his palm and looking confused.

A look over his shoulder at Kirkley, eyeing him up and down.

"Everything I do with you feels... Oddly familiar," A lean in and he looked the tall man up and down, "Had we ever met before I stole your pants?" Bifrost smirked, "Not that I regret it, I'd steal your pants again but you're wearing them - which is just too bad."

Cheesigator

Kirkley couldn't hold back a bit of a playful pout. "Hey that's not how I meant it--" He said with a wry smirk before Bifrost started stretching and the expression on his face changed to a different kind of interest, following the curves of Bifrost's back, watching the muscles shift under his tan skin that made it hard to hold back the urge to drool.

He blinked, looking up and meeting his companion's eyes when he asked if they'd done this before, sighed and sat up, explaining himself.

Kirkley stayed quiet for a moment, watching Bifrost thoughtfully, considering his comments thoughtfully. "I've often thought to myself the same thing." He admitted, smirking when the other man brought up his pants. "Well that's definitely a situation that's easily fixed if you like." He chuckled.

But he looked away, glancing out the window to the dark night that had settled over the town outside. "Perhaps we have met before, but..." He shook his head, sitting up so he was still next to him, looking over at him with a level look in his eyes. "You would've been too young for me to be doing any of this with you." He pointed out, nodding towards the bed. "I haven't been in Connlaoth for quite some time." Perhaps Bifrost was older than he looked but either way he sincerely doubted it.

Draconian

The pout made Bifrost grin widely and he wanted to kiss him and hold him close and snuggle in and be here with him forever and the wayward trail of his thoughts had his insides go cold and Bifrost chewed on her lower lip after a moment. Topless now, rolling his shoulders, rubbing his stomach with his rough hand. He listened to Kirkley talk and he just wanted to press his lips to his to shut him up because talking was making him go cold.

Not physically.

Bifrost was toasty physically.

Getting attached to Kirkley would mean potentially losing him.

He stared at him while he spoke. Tried to remember seeing the big guy at some other point in his life. Bifrost drew a blank, "I'm not sure exactly how old I am, but... I grew up with my brothers," He looked down at his hands, remembering when they were tiny and baby sized. How short he'd been. His fluff of green hair.

"You just... Feel really familiar," Bifrost said, practically a whisper before he stretched, "And... Everything I do with you feels right, y'know?" He laughed, shaking his head slightly and pressed his hands to his face to laugh and try to rub away his blush. "I don't think I like this," Bifrost moved to sit up and pressed his face into his hands, "I don't like being so attached."

A brief glance to the darkness outside and he licked his lips and looked to Kirkley.

"Do you believe in Fate?" He finally asked, elbows on his knees, hunched forward.

Cheesigator

Kirkley watched Bifrost carefully, watched his expression, the look in his eyes as he listened and took in what Kirkley had to say.

They were touching on sensitive subjects here, for both of them, and similarly for both of them, neither knew exactly why. It was the strangest feeling, something pricking in the back of his mind telling him to stay away from the topic, just stop asking questions. Like he was going to find out something he shouldn't know or remember; something he'd be in a lot less pain not understanding. But in his immortality he hadn't forgotten the pull of a mortal's curiosity.

He wanted to know.

Who was Bifrost? Who was Kirkley?

What were they?

He blinked, turning his gaze away to look at the window outside when Bifrost had glanced to it, his good eye taking in the sight of the moonlit buildings thoughtfully.

"Yeah," He said in reference to everything feeling right, before he looked back over at Bifrost, something serious and a bit darker clouding his tone and making the glint in his eyes that much more worried when he spoke next.

"I feel the same way."

He was also just as attached, and he didn't like it either. Yet on the other hand, the majority of his being was practically singing with joy--he was with Bifrost and that was right. That was the way it was supposed to be.

He shook his head, dropping his gaze to his hands.

"All the thousands of years I've been alive and I still don't think I can answer that question." He said, voice quiet, before he looked back over to meet the other man's gaze.

"I feel like... If I leave you, then you'll disappear. Forever. And I have such an urge to add 'again' onto that." He licked his lips, lacing his fingers together, palms up in his lap towards the ceiling. "I feel like I have to protect you with every fiber of my being and that I should never let you out of my sights again. Like my job is to protect you at all costs--and if it came down to it, I would. I don't think I'd hesitate to die for you--that's something completely new to me."

After all, in all his years of living on this earth, he had never gotten this attached--never become this loyal, so easily tamed, especially not so quickly. It terrified him. It made him wonder what other forces of nature were at play here--and why he felt the way he did about a man he barely even knew.

Draconian

Bifrost took a deep breath before he closed his eyes and rolled his shoulders again. Listening to Kirkley talk sent shivers over him, down his spine and around his ribs. His breath a heated shiver. 

"Try to avoid that dying thing," he teased, trying to ease the quiet tension. Bifrost pushed his hands through his hair and sighed heavily. A hand reached out and he put it on Kirkley's shoulder, giving it a squeeze and glancing away.

"I promise not to die any time soon," his voice was thick, thinking of just who was left behind. Bifrost looked down, sighing before he shuffled to Kirkley and pressing an easy kiss to his arm. "I'm going to sleep now," he whispered, "going to join me?"

Cheesigator

Kirkley pursed his lips, studying Bifrost in silence for a moment. Perhaps he'd said too much and been too forward there, but he didn't feel as worried as he knew he should have been. He'd spoken only the truth--he was being upfront and honest, with Bifrost and with himself. Even though it made him a little anxious, on the other hand he felt reassured because he'd said it at all.

He leaned into the other man's touches, giving him a nod when asked if he would join him in going to sleep. He laid back down, waiting for Bifrost to get comfortable first before settling in, wrapping his arms around him and holding him close, as if he were still afraid some unspeakable creature would appear in the night to take his thief away from him.

Despite his concerns, sleep came easy, and the morning arrived far too quickly after that. He woke up before his companion did and eased himself out of the bed, stepping out to find some fresh water to give himself a quick birdbath in. It was still early enough in the day that not many people were out, and the rays of sunlight were only barely making the sky anything lighter than a purpley-cerulean. A few birds sang, and he tried to focus on the coldness of the water on his face to put his fears at ease.

He returned with haste to their room, disliking the idea of leaving Bifrost alone for any length of time, as he got them some bread to eat for breakfast and started getting their supplies packed and ready to go so his companion could take it easy when he woke up.

Draconian

Bifrost slept like the dead.

It was still a little odd how well he slept with only the comfort of a heavy arm over his waist. The dreams were odd. They'd always been odd but now they were... uncomfortably so. Bifrost dreamed of fields and giant trees made of vines. A shield, broken and bloody, gouges missing from it.  Yet, it remained propped up against the tree of vines.

Bifrost woke with a start, face down in the bed.  After Kirkley left he had starfished. Sprawled out on it on his stomach. His long green hair had fanned out around his head and he gave a confused look to Kirkley while he propped himself up on his elbows before he gave a sleepy grunt.

Bifrost sat up slowly, pushing his hair from his face.

"Hi," he grumpled out, pressing his hand to his sleep puffy face.  "Sorry," he said softly, fingering combing his hair. For a few moments, it was just them. Then he remembered everything and the sweet moment melted away a little. "That I didn't wake up," he said softly, smiling.

Bifrost stood up, hair loose around his shoulders and down his back. Looking at their things and Kirkley's breakfast. "Were you thinking of leaving without me?" He teased, scratching at his stomach before stretching his arms high above his head.

Cheesigator

As he went about the room, packing their things, there was more than one moment where he paused to take in the sight of Bifrost lying there, sprawled out on the bed, fast asleep. It was such a peaceful atmosphere to be in, and it reassured him so much to just watch his torso expand with every soft breath.

He felt like this was how things should be for Bifrost--that he should always live his life in comfort and safety, that there should never be a single thing to make him hurt, or worry, or stress. Kirkley wished with all his might that he could give him that kind of an innocent world, but it was just impossible.

He smiled when Bifrost started to wake, arching an eyebrow as he looked over to him, finishing as he tied off the last bag and got up, picking up a loaf of bread and handing it to him before sitting down on the bed next to him, leaning back on his hands. The bed frame creaked in protest.

"Not at all my l--" Fuck. Shit. "--Friend."

He'd almost said my love. How could something so huge almost slip out so easily? Fuck, he couldn't focus on it right now--or ever. He didn't want to at all.

"Sleep well?" He asked with a smirk, not letting his stutter change the mood of conversation. "You were sleeping like a baby when I rolled out of bed this morning. I'm guessing you were having pleasant dreams."

Draconian

"No," He said, voice thick with sleep still.

Bifrost frowned, taking the bread it one hand and rubbing the sleep away from his eyes with the other. His hair was a silky tangled mess down the side that he kept pushing over his shoulder and he scratched at his side were the ends tickled his hip. There was silence for a moment while he recalled his dreams. A shield. A blood shield?

"Weird dreams," He plucked a chunk of bread from the load and popped it into his mouth before swallowing, looking to Kirkley before pursing his lips and glancing away. "There were vines and a shield. It looked like it was breaking but it was still propped up. I don't remember if it was bleeding or if it had blood on it. The dream felt..." Bifrost sighed and closed his eyes, shaking his head a little before he pushed his fingers through his long green hair again.

"It felt important. Like I needed to know it." Another little shrug and he turned to Kirkley and smiled slightly, enjoying the fact that when he looked at the giant of a man everything just felt right. Better. Safer. "I had every intention of waking you up nicely but," He shrugged and glanced away, "Guess my bad dreams ruined that. Another day then, I guess," He reached to Kirkley's thigh and gave it a squeeze before he laughed and gobbled down another chunk of bread.

"When are we going? Soon?" He looked around, "I'll need to find my clothes."

Cheesigator

Kirkley blinked in mild surprise when Bifrost said he hadn't had good dreams at all; he hadn't noticed any stress from the other throughout the night, though he'd been sleeping pretty solidly himself it seemed. Still, his brows knit together with concern as he listened tk Bifrost explain what he'd dreamt about.

For some reason, Kirkley's own stomach tied itself into knots. He felt he should have understood what the dreams were about, but he didn't, and right now, he didn't want to know.

He sat there quietly, nodding thoughtfully and giving the thief a half smile when he said he'd meant to wake Kirlley up with a nice surprise. It took restraint to not blurt out that just seeing Bifrost there with him, breathing and alive had been the best thing he could have woken up to in over a thousand years.

He tried not to let it get to him though, shaking his head and smirking as he gently grasped the man's hips and pulled Bifrost into his lap, looping his arms around his torso and just sitting there at the edge if the bed, holding him close. He buried his nose into Bifrost's shoulder and hair, squeezing him slightly but still allowing him ample room to breathe.

"There's no rush, not just yet. Enjoy the bed while you can, Handsome, there's not gonna be much of us waking up in ome of these for the next few weeks to come yknow."

He pulled back from the hug just enough to smirk at him before he fell back onto the bed, pulling his companion with him and pulling him into a deep kiss.

The taste and feeling of Bifrost's lips against his own was such a reassuring sensation, it made him ache in the darkest parts of his heart, something stirring there he'd long forgotten about. But just what it was he'd forgotten, he couldn't put his finger on yet. Right now he just wanted to focus on these feelings, and the sense of joy he felt just being in the other man's presence. Nothing more, nothing less.

Draconian

The hug was encompassing and Bifrost let himself melt into it. Sure he was a grown ass man. Sure Kirkley was a bigger more giant grown ass man. Still though, Bifrost could appreciate feeling a little small and dainty in his arms. Never in a thousand years did Bifrost that this type of thing would have ever been in his future. Out of Connlaoth. Away from his brothers. In the arm and the bed of another man. Bifrost let himself be pulled back to drape across Kirkley, purring into the kiss and relaxing against him.

"So you're saying we should put our adventure on hold until we can properly appreciate sleeping in a bed," He teased, voice still husky from sleep. His hair fanned over Kirkley and himself like a silky green cloth and he pressed a kiss to Kirkley's chin before snuggling down against him with a content sigh. It was odd to think that for all the time they'd spent together they'd only done the nasty once, on a whim in the dirt.

Not that Bifrost wasn't interested in Kirkley in a sweaty-body sense. It just hadn't felt right to do. Even now, he just wanted to cuddle. Wanted to bask in the warmth of someone who felt like they needed him. Even the smallest bit. "Kirkley?" Bifrost said, his face smooshed to Kirkley's chest where he'd rested his head after the kiss. The green haired man didn't wait for an answer, instead rolling to the side to throw a leg over Kirkley's waist and use his shoulder as a pillow, "You feel right and it's weird." Bifrost admitted with a soft sigh, "do you trust me?"

Cheesigator

Kirkley let one hand rest on the small of Bifrost's back, enjoying the warmth he felt, the reassurance that his companion was there.

He smiled as his thief relaxed and got comfortable; he hadn't thought about it too much yet, but in the back of his mind something troubled him about this quest they'd accepted. Like it wasn't going to end well. He hadn't even realized it yet, but his grip on the man had tightened a bit. Just slightly.

He raised his eyebrows at Bifrost when he spoke, before he smirked and looked away in thought. "Hmmm, I suppose you're not wrong. I mean, beds are things that many people take for granted. I rarely get to sleep in one at all!" He was mostly joking, of course--he really just wanted an excuse to stay here with Bifrost even for a moment longer.

He looked back to the man, running his fingers through the silky green hair as a kiss was placed on his chin. It was such a warm feeling, like rays of sunlight shining right onto his heart.

A few more moments spent just enjoying the atmosphere passed between the two of them, and Kirkley had closed his eyes to fully experience the intimacy before Bifrost spoke again, and he cracked the working eye open and gazed down at him. "Hm?"

"Oof," He snorted as the leg was thrown over him but he didn't argue or complain, instead just smiling and finding it hard not to laugh as the other man snuggled into him. What a day this was already turning out to be, huh? What a fine day.

He closed his eyes as his thief spoke again and he hummed.

"Hmm, well. That depends on how loaded that question really is." He opened his eyes again to look down at Bifrost. "There any particular reason why you're asking?"

He continued to run his fingers through the man's hair, amazed at its silkiness and how it wouldn't tangle.

Tags: