Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Staining Snow [Wycliff, PM to Join]

Started by AevumEternity, February 16, 2017, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

" Oh? I do not recall making any judgement of what a true warrior should be- in fact-" she tilts her head back, carefully concealing her annoyance with the bird- she had much preferred it as a silent boa in truth,"- psycholoigical wounds created by harsh past experiences should be treated just as a physical wound. Given time to heal correctly and treated with diligence. Thrusting an individual onto the battlefield so soon can cause that wound to worsen."

Slowly she lowered her gaze again, locking hers with Aven," You seem quite prone to concluding my thoughts for me. I advise against such actions as thus far you have read my thoughts rather... Incorrectly to put it gently. If I truly believed what you say I do, would I not have attempted to cut you down already?" She cocked her head to one side, straight blonde locks falling over her scarred shoulders as she stares at him with an unmoved expression. She had learned in combat, simply swallowing ones emotions for channeled use at a later time could mean the difference between life and death- the same tactic being used here.

Wycliff

Aven shakes his head. "My point was regarding Fade Rylian: simply put, she is not a soldier at all. She is an assassin, who does only what she is told, to the 't' and without hesitation. What caused this may or may not be the psychological wounds you speak of, but if I were to guess, I would say that she was likely raised to be this way, not damaged into it." A hardened look enters his eyes for the first time, something cold and distant. "I have not judged you a fool, Lady Hakon: rather, I've given you ample warning about the results of attempting to fight me. Do you remember what you said about predator and prey?" Aven's eyes glinted. "Which do you think I fall under?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

" Everyone seems to love to remind me that I should not fight. But I suppose that is the story of every dark horse, no? Warned, beaten, before bursting from the back of the pack and sweeping all aside with ease," slowly she stood, having finished braiding her hair, allowing the thick braid to swing over her shoulder to rest in the small of her back as she strode over to the man. She crouched in frobt of him, elbows resting upon her knees as her face hovered mere inches from his. Her expression was unreadable to the point of being rather unnerving- but in such close proximity, even in the dim light of the sad little fire, one could make out the thick scars over her bare shoulders, the hundreds upon thousands of other tiny white knicks littering the rest of her body, no inch of her skin seemed untainted by a telltale sign of conflict.

" I think, much like myself, you are a predator. But you categorize other predators as your prey, and that, my friend- is dangerous." She murmurs in a low voice, blinking slowly. Now one could see where the noble blood came into play, there was something eternally regal and even stunning about her features, an air of authority that clinged to her skin- her eyes- a multi-colored array of hazel and grey, were utterly hypnotic even if they seemed to be average to an extent... Ah, there was truly awe to be had in everything.

Wycliff

Aven glances to see the scars on Hakon's body, a testament to her struggles and triumphs. His silver irises lock with hers, but his heart fails him as his face flushes a bright red at the woman's proximity. Was he... intimidated? It isn't her threat that reached into his mind and put it under duress, but her aura: it is commanding, ordering him to stand down, even against his own will.
Aven's eyes widen slightly, and he stutters to speak. "I... um... you..." He tries to break eye contact, but his vision only wanders to the subtle curves of Hakon's form, firm and strengthened by vigorous battles and training. The boy flushes even further, ripping his eyes away to the side.
Beatrice beats her wings in anger, attempting to shoo the woman away. "Preying upon my dear's decency? Leave him be!"

AevumEternity

Her gaze slid to the bird, unfeeling, stony as she murmurs," You of all creature should know there is no decorum or modesty in survival." Once more turning her gaze to Aven before reaching out- pressing her palm against his cheek gently. Her hand was marred by callouses, rough, the skin hardened from years of swordplay as she turns his gaze once again the face her," Look at me. You have nothing to fear from me, but the moment you decide to turn on me, you should be terrified."

She offers a small smile, tilting her head as she drops her hand back to her lap," Perhaps we can spar as companions someday, truly test our mettle. But I see no reason to try and strike you down now, do you?"

Wycliff

If Aven had a boiling point, it was reached when Hakon put her hand on his cheek. Looking at him, one could nary tell that his normal complexion was pale. Still, the calloused nature of her skin brought him back to reality, reminding him exactly who she was: a skilled and experienced warrior.
Beatrice squats in annoyance. "Do not lecture me on the laws of nature, human! Survival does not play into this scenario, if my dear had the intention to kill you, he could do it any time." The bird cocks her head, a raspy chuckle sounding from her. "Have you not realized that you are at his mercy? Be grateful-" Aven silences her with a finger.
Aven blinks, regaining a fraction of his wits. He closes his eyes, as the color recedes from his skin, then reopens them, the dark matter swirling in his eyes. "You still do not understand. I was not clear before, so I will be blunt: you cannot defeat me in a battle. Just as any Mage that relies on their magic to win will wither before the Mordecai, so too will any warrior that relies on their sword kneel before me." Without even a gesture, six tendrils of shadow rise from the ground behind Aven. One bends down to touch his hand. "This is the power of dark matter that I wield: when combine with shadows, even the sharpest mortal blade will not cut it." He glances at Hakon. "It was in my interest to test your abilities, but I see now that there is no need for such trifling. So you are correct, there is no reason for us to fight."

AevumEternity

Increasingly, she was losing patience with the bird- alas, she observed the tendrils- clearly they were biological or else they would not have been able to manifest themselves. Of course, if she had not held her own againsts uch things before, she would certainly not be here. The Major moves patiently to sit beside him, scooping up a frozen and frosted over stick that had been trapped in the igloo, using it to prod the flames," I would like go be addressed with more respect, Beatrice, if you would." She spoke simply, low, gravely voice measured and cool- but it was becoming clear she was becoming ever so slightly exasperated.

Pulling her knees up to her chest, wrapping one arm around them, she watched the red tongues of heat leap upward as if in joy. No- she had not been looking to use her 'womanly charms' persay to take the mage off guard, at this moment she was more concerned about becoming ill due to the sweat inside her armor freezing and thawing out before she had the chance to escape. Sickness now would mean death, and with a mage such as this- well, it was hard to tell but he would strike just as any other she was sure. Looking back toward him, she tilts her head suddenly," Tell me, have you ever been with another in an intimate sense?" She asked suddenly, the question genuine. Besides, such intimacy and the bragging of such was rather commonplace amongst grunts- often the subject of jokes and playful jabs to ease the atmosphere.

Wycliff

Aven stares into the fire, unable to hide the pang of loneliness that surfaces in his eyes at the question. "No," He responds after a brief pause. "Such was not in the cards for me, as on principle, I would never do such a thing with someone I did not wish to spend my life with." Unconsciously, his eyebrows lower. "That is no longer a commitment I can make." Maybe it was the dim light of the fire, but Aven suddenly appeared much younger. Truly, despite his ambitions and experiences, he was a novice to what made life worth living, something he regretted deep in his heart. For a moment, it would seem unthinkable that he could ever harm a fly, his face gentle and longing for something he could never obtain.

AevumEternity

Unconciously, as from instinct of huddling about the flames with fellow grunts- she wrapped her arm over his skinny back, one hand resting on the back of his head in a gesture of almost brotherly reassurance- seeming to notice how utterly frail the man was for the first time. Her eyes widen a fraction, she almost drew away due to an odd fear he may break in half, but restrains herself as she offers a wry smile," Then you are truly someone to wait for, for the right person at least." she chuckles, gazing at the fire.

" Apologies- I know my manners stem from being a brute and being surrounded by brutes, so if I come off as too forward- do warn me," she murmurs, ruffling the back of his head with a soft chuckle,"... You already know this, but-... Hold what can only be yours once very close. That is what I do- but in the end, Noble blood never is our own." she offers a weak smile

Wycliff

Aven still blushes slightly from the contact, but he seems more comfortable with it now. He glances her way. "You're fine, I simply caught me by surprise before. As for Noble blood, you sound like one who speaks from experience. May I take a guess?" He looks back to the flickering light of the flames. "Your family is not too thrilled with your chosen profession, are they?"

AevumEternity

Hakon offers him another smile, her thin lips curling into a gentle smile," They would be proud if they were still around," she admits with a soft chuckle," We've always been warriors, it's my advisors who are rather bristly about it all- they want the Kilandre bloodline to continue before I die on the battlefield. Hence, they decide tossing me into the capital to, persay, 'parade around their prize mare'," she chuckles dryly.

Absentmindedly, her fingers continue to massage the back of his scalp," Which is why I go on all the details that send me away for the longest." she chuckles

Wycliff

Aven relaxes, while Beatrice glares at Hakon with beady eyes. "If they are indeed your advisors, I would suggest firing them. They may be correct about you line's wellbeing, but such is not a matter for which to throw yourself at a man you will not be happy with. I doubt my opinion means anything, but houses rise and fall, as do all social constructs, for others to take their place. Crippling your life for the sake of a sinking ship sound quite foolish to me."

AevumEternity

" I will not fire them, they are loyal and only wish the best," she smiles faintly, tilting her gaze toward Aven as her hand stops to rest on the back of his neck. The young woman's fingers were freezing, providing a reasonable amount of shock when coming on contact with Aven's bare skin.

" So I will keep them and obey, for the people who reside on my lands. That or I will die on the battlefield first, either way- my people, the Theocog, they will be safe," she answers gently," Duty must be done not for the sake of the individual, but rather the collective, yes?"

Wycliff

Aven glances back at Hakon, a shiver traveling down his back at her icy touch. "If you truly believed that, you would not so readily follow the Grand Duke, Lady Hakon. That, or you cannot see where the path he has chosen will bring this country and it's people."

AevumEternity

" Oh? What path would that be?" She inquires softly, tilting an eyebrow at him. Leaning back after a long moment to breathe a content sigh as she closes her eyes. Retracting her hand and crossing it over her chest- hugging herself in silence

Wycliff

Aven leans forward, folding his hands and resting his chin on them, staring at the flames. "The path of destruction. The Grand Duke would see all mages eradicated or exiled: but that practice is unsustainable. More people will always be born with magical abilities, and the logistics of having anyone with magic killed, let alone deported, is astronomical." His grip tightens. "The only way to sustain such a practice is if they found a way to remove the magic from a person's body, a feat that can technically be accomplished, but to my knowledge, only through use of other magic, and forbidden magic at that." He glances at Hakon. "So, who do you think will be charged with the honor of killing every mage that is born?"

AevumEternity

" Myself, and others similiar to myself." She answers simply with a sigh," Your visions have already begun, my friend." Her voice cracked slightly but she continues," But the infants will be sent to the church to be raised, if they are hidden to an older age, they will be killed and parents charged with betrayal to the nation."

She turns her head, opening one eye to gaze at him,"... You can't stop it, you know,"

Wycliff

Aven maintains his gaze. "You're right: nothing I do can stop the Grand Duke's vision. Even if I killed him, another would take his place. But do you know who can stop him?" His lips widen into a mischievous grin. "The Mordecai. He cannot do anything without them, and they have the people's support."

AevumEternity

" Ah..." her lips curled upward as the understanding sigh left her lips in a relaxed 'o'," Now I see what you are," opening her multi-colored eyes, she turned toward him, resting her hand on her cheek as she stared at him unblinkingly.

" Puppetmaster, kingmaker-? Am I right?"

Wycliff

Aven thinks for a moment. "I've never thought about myself like that, but in a way, you are correct. I cannot infiltrate and change things myself, it is necessary to gather those who can under one united front. The rebellion is ultimately fruitless, they will only extinguish life faster that way, or lose themselves to their inner demons in the process of survival." He sighs. "But, yes; I am not a revolutionary. I am the revolutionary."

Tags: