Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Staining Snow [Wycliff, PM to Join]

Started by AevumEternity, February 16, 2017, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Glancing back, she tilts her head faintly before glancing at the sun, then back at him,"... Would you like my helm? It could at least shield your face." she suggests calmly- suddenly lurking forward as the Theocog's foot breaks down deeper then intended- nearly falling forward with a surprised whinny.

Quickly her arm comes back, holding Aven's leg tightly as she murmurs soothing words to the beast," Now- now- you're doing alright, come- we're almost there, dear friend~"

Wycliff

Aven nods slowly, not fully conscious at this point. "That would be nice..." His grip begins to loosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

Reaching from the reigns, she pulled her helm free, shaking out her messy white locks before handing the helmet to him. It was carved in the relative visage of an eagle but expertly melded into the shape of your average protective shell. Only a small slit just above the 'beak' allowed for anythig to be seen outside of the helm.

" We were closer then we though-" she murmurs suddenly, rather idly as she points out a small plume of smoke in the distance, just beyond the next ridge.

Wycliff

Aven puts the helmet on absentmindedly, almost losing his grip on Hakon in the process. A scent wakes up his mind as the helmet creates a layer of darkness around his head: the scent of a woman. Inside the helmet, his face flushes once more as he realizes what he did, but out of necessity, he locks his hands around Hakon to avoid falling, hopelessly red.

AevumEternity

Hakon chuckles softly as she narrows her eyes against the cold wind. They continued to trudge on in silence- in the distance, mingled with the howling song of the freezing Northerly winds, A wolf's howl sounds.

Wycliff

Aven has a thought. "Lady Hakon, what are you planning to do once you arrive?" He turns to stare at the snow below them, methodically crushed under the foot of the massive Theocog.

AevumEternity

" Put the fighting to an end and serve justice as needed." she answers coolly, staring straight forward as the smoke steadily drew closer. She glances back, wisps of white hair falling over her nose and lips. If one didn't know better, this could have become a rather provocative scene- alas... Take context and that would change.

Wycliff

Aven looks up at Hakon through the helm, a steeled expression. "Then let me help you take them alive. They may be fools, but they don't need to pay for ignorance with their lives."

AevumEternity

" I do not have the respurces nor time to transport prisoners to a church in order to have them repent appropriately. Besides- war calls for decisiveness, no matter the extreme." She glances over her shoulder as him, arching a slender eyebrow,"... We've had times of mercy for long enough, and you now see how that has turned out."

Wycliff

Aven is quiet for a moment. "Do you have intelligence on how many mages are responsible?"

AevumEternity

Shaking her head as they began to slowly ascend a snowy slope, Hakon leaning forward slightly ro allow less weight to be pushed upon the Theocog's backside, she speaks," No- which Is why I am hoping to stay with our contact and scout the village from there." She admits softly," I do not desire to spill more blood then I must." She murmurs, glancing at him.

He didn't know what she had done for the nation against the mages, she knew if they won the civil war she would likely be tried and executed if not worse for what she had done. Once it had been for the safety of her people and lands, but not it was simply for victory- chipping away at the rebellious block as much as she could... If he knew he would flee. Or fight. Whichever came first.

Wycliff

Aven smiles softly behind the helm at her words. "You aren't as hard hearted as you say, Lady Hakon. If it helps, my dark matter can identify mages from normal people, and we can use that to find the perpetrators."

AevumEternity

She opened her mouth as if to protest, what if he lied? What if he flipped the tables and pointed out the innocents as mages and mages as not? So many thoughts whirled about her mind but she nodded in silence as they topped the ridge, seeing a small cabin, smoke rising from the smokestack as below, in a small valley, lay the mining village- a quarry carved deep into the mountain just beyond it. As they approached the cabin, annold man appears, clad in thick fur, he waves them down," Major?"

" Yes sirrah," she answers with a small smile

" Welcome to Nome-! 'Tis good to see Ansgar has finally bless'd us wit' assistance! T'e village has all been but at a stand still with t'e blizzard," his gnarled hands grasp the Theocog's reigns as he began to lead them through the snow, painfully lifting his knees over the snow," Here- lemme git yer boy cozy- whos the stranger, missus?"

Wycliff

Aven performs a small bow. "Just a hapless nomad: Lady Hakon rescued me from the blizzard, and gave me food. I'm looking to return the favor to her any way I can." His words obviously held truth, though Hakon would realize the details he omitted.

AevumEternity

Glancing briefly at him as if acknowledging the details he left out, offering him a slight nod as of noting his wisdom, she dismounted carefully as she reached up to help Aven down.

" Ah- good on ye mum-" the old man vracks a toothless smile," He yer bed companion now, Major?"

Smirking faintly, she tilts her head and shakes her head," Thats rather... Blunt. No, but that does not mean you are going to be," she sighs faintly," Come- lets go inside- I would like to finish thid as quickly as possible."

Wycliff

It's fortunate that Aven had a helmet on, because the man's blunt statement caused a new influx of blood to his face as he imagined the scenario. Aven dispelled the vulgar thought, cursing his baser instincts, but at the same time, laughed softly to himself. Seems I'm more human that I give myself credit for.
The situation triggered another thought, one he found strange and unbidden. Would she hate me if she knew what I really am? It'd never occurred to him that he cared what people thought of him, how strange.

AevumEternity

It took several minutes for them to be settled within the so-called contact's small abode, by the time they had fully settled, the sun had begun to dip again. Hakon finished pulling the cloak and fur clothing over her frame, hiding the multitude of scars and muscle mass that may put her aside from other woman in the village. The final touch being a scratchy woolen cloak provided by the man.

It took a moment to get used to the coarse fur against her skin and almost caused her physical pain upon seeing her clothing and armor hidden away in a moldering chest beneath a cot. Alas, her thoughts were snapped away as the old man inquires," Ye have a story- but yer man, does he? Tis a small town, word travels quick- woodn't be a problem weren't it fer the situation n all," her grunts, motioning toward Aven as he settled atop a low stool, chewing on some bitterly scented bark. The old man's demeanor toward Aven was nothing less then passive aggressive, untrusting- but thats what came with being in such a place without invitation.

Hakon turns toward Aven, tilting her head for a moment," Well-" she begind with a slight sigh," We could make it easy and claim he's my fiance, husband- something of the sort... We can't pass as relatives that is certain."

Wycliff

Aven's eyes widen, and he takes a moment to collect himself before removing the helm, his short, silver hair springing back up to its normal position. He manages a wry smile. "Now wouldn't your advisors be happy to hear that?" He giggles, despite himself. "In all seriousness, though, you're correct; that would make things much simpler." For most cases, anyway... how do engaged couples act? Is it different than married couples? He looks away toward the wall, concealing his embarrassment once more. Calm down, Aven. It would only be an act to carry on with your mission. It's for the mission. It's for the mission!

AevumEternity

Both Hakon and the old man look at him, as if they could sense his utter confusion and panic- a wry smile curling both their lips before the old man shakes his head with a snort," Is that possible? T'e boy looks ready to fall apart from nervousness I tell ye what."

Hakon waves her hand, snorting at Aven's comment before murmuring," It's the best we can do. Given the time, if they really are going to try and hold a mocking festival within the square tonight, a curious young couple would be the least disturbing."

" Yer right mum, but still-" the old man grimaces at Aven," none o' us mountain folk would believe such a gal would take such a skinny man- no meat on his bones, the boy'll break in twain."

Offering a small smirk, Hakon stood, moving toward the door of the shelter," Thats why I'm here-" she sings gently, her gaze briefly flashing to Aven," to protect him." She giggles softly

Wycliff

Aven purses his lips, calculating his options. The man had already seen him, so it wasn't an option to appear different... unless...
Aven turns to the man. "Will it truly rouse suspicion if I appear scrawny?"
Aven couldn't exactly make himself physically stronger, but using dark matter manipulation, he could appear that way. The problem is, it would also slow his reaction time down, but considering the task at hand, that wasn't really an issue.