Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Irony. Really. Sucks.

Started by Anonymous, February 21, 2006, 07:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Balefire stepped off the boat that transported him and Shadow to Cerenis. This was all very ironic. He was stuck travelling with the man that the love of his life had recently had a short fling with that didn't get very far. And now Balefire had to remain in the presence of him. Or rather, he didn't have to, but he preferred it to Shadow finding Titanol first and telling him that Balefire was no longer looking for him, thus causing Titanol to fall madly in love with Shadow. This was actually quite unlikely, but Balefire had an overactive imagination when it came to Titanol.

Balefire grunted when a luggage boy stepped on his foot, and even if it doesn't sound like much, it can be quite scary when coming form a seasick, six-and-a-half-foot drow built like a linebacker. The luggage boy squeaked and ran away. Balefire smiled at that. he generally wasn't spiteful, but at the moment, he took a bit of relief in the fact that someone was having a worse time than he was.

Anonymous

Shadow was feeling very good, considering he'd always like to travel. Especially on the sea. He was quite optimistic about finding Titanol.

Shadow: Ah, I love the sea.

He looked at Balefire when he grunted at the luggage boy.

Shadow: What's your problem? We didn't have to come on the boat, you know? We probaby could've found someone to teleport us.

(thinking): Not mentioning the fact that I might have been able to do it.

He grabbed his bag of stuff and threw it over his shoulder.

Shadow: So, since you like the land more, I'll let you decide where we go. Any suggestions, or should we just pick a direction and go?

Anonymous

(Cookie for you Ket, you not only overcame your lack of inspiration, you did it with gusto. A cookie for you, any flavour you wish XD)

Hyacinthe stood tall, straightened his skirts and promptly fell back to his knees to hurl another stomach's load of vomit that should have been making a meal for fish a few miles back. He couldn't remember ever eating that much in his life.

Once that was over he slumped against the rail and dragged one gloved hand across his mouth. It came back cleaner than he expected... pity, he could have thrown it overboard if it got puke on it. Their ridiculous hat was already floating at the dock the ship left from. He couldn't wait to get his stomach in order so he could get off this stupid boat and find some better clothing.

"Is there anything I can do to help you Miss?" A man's voice asked. Hyacinthe didn't have to turn around to feel the man's eyes creeping their way up his stockinged leg, which was sticking out of his slashed skirt and petticoats like the curved stem of some wilting black flower.

First, Hyacinthe's hand settled around the whip that hung above the intact part of his skirt, but he didn't think he'd be able to use it with any accuracy. Damn. "Mmm... T'row yourself off rail," he muttered.

"S'cuse me?"

Hya wasn't amused. He held the rail firmly and pushed himself to his feet, swaying a bit on his heeled shoes and walked away from the rail and the man as fast as he could. The faster he got away the faster he could get out of these silken rags and the faster he could get his head and guts back in order so he could get around to-

Hyacinthe, having nothing in common with Schrodinger's kittens, couldn't go through matter. Thus, when he ran into what felt like a wall made out of flesh, he fell right back on his backside. Now, highly annoyed by all the obstacles keeping him on this damnedable ship he glared upwards and discovered that the 'wall' was a tall, dark skinned male with red hair that looked every bit as disgusted and sick as he did.

Compassion, Hya had not a whit of.  He scowled quite nastily and stood up so indignantly that the gesture seemed to threaten that it would never love any of them ever again if they didn't buy it a dolly. While it was a marvel of unspoken communication, it also didn't let him figure out where his feet where, and said foot stamped on a petticoat while he stood. The tormented petticoat screamed for mercy, and ever the valient soul, gravity sent him collapsing back on his rump.

Hyacinthe growled and began swearing under his breath.

Anonymous

Balefire grunted at Shadow, and threw in a glare after a second of thought.

Balefire: We didn't teleport, because a) I don't like magic, and b) I don't like touching you. I think we should just go into town for now. A busy place like this, we're a lot more likely to find Titanol or at least find someone who's seen him.

They were about to turn to leave when all of a sudden Balefire felt something collide with him. He turned the glare he had fixated on Shadow onto this new person. Said person was currently sitting on the dock glaring back at Balefire. This person had the nerve to scowl at Balefire as they stood up like it was Balefire's fault for existing. He had half a mind to beat the expression off the person's face, until person's ass reconnected with the dock. This cause Balefire to raise an eyebrow, which to most just looked like he was disgraced to be in the presence of such a loser, but to those in the know, meant that inside his head, he was turning a lovely shade of blue from laughing.

Anonymous

Shadow wasn't looking at Balefire, when the woman ran into Balefire. He turned around in time t see her stand up, and then fall back down again. He raised his eyebrow at her, though in a different way then Balefire. His was more of "WTF?" kinda thing. He offered his hand to the woman, as he made note of the fact that her clothes were ripped in a few places.

Shadow: Hiya! And who might you be?

Anonymous

Hyacinthe continued to curse under his breath when it became obvious that the man standing next to the man he ran into wasn't the type to let life's little randomnesses pass him up. Or maybe he was just a 'nice guy', of which Hya was certain didn't exist.

Niceness was a choice, not a character trait. At least as far as Hyacinthe was concerned.

Though, there was something about the tone of this man's voice, the easily offered hand and the choice of the words themselves that made Hyacinthe think he wasn't exactly 'nice'. Stupid perhaps, naive definitely, but not 'nice'. Hyacinthe continued to glower, not wanting to take the offered hand, but not wanting to stand up and fall down again. He had no use for this man's sympathy and was tired to being noticed. Being noticed wasn't good.

She knew a good thing when she saw it. Even if her host had yet to. He could be trained. She had to show him, show him how to take advantage of what was around him to better attain his goals. He was smart and could learn, she just had to show him the way.

It was all too easy to take control. She calmly knocked Hyacinthe's soul aside, not into recession as she had previously when she needed his body, but letting him stay aware. This time he fought, it was worthless though, she was and would always be stronger than her host. She knew how to pick them. Lanoir always knew a good thing when she saw it, and hated letting such good things go untapped.

"Learn." She told him. "It's better to work smarter, not harder."

She didn't let him reply. She was teaching, she didn't want to hear any of his input on what she was trying to teach him. Not yet anyway, now it would be all objection. She had to show him how it worked first, let him see just how handy it could be, before she would let him object.

Hyacinthe's eyes were already dark in color, though the hints of blue in them seemed to vanish with the glower on his face. A hint of a smile crossed his face, a bit ashamed and a grateful at the same time. He took the man's offered hand and stood, using the other to brush off his skirts.

"T'ank you," It was so hard for her to imitate her host's accent, but this time it was necessary. She couldn't let these men hear him talk in two different ways, it would make them suspicious. "You must excuse me, I do not travel vell."

Anonymous

Balefire rolled his eyes at Shadow. There was no way he was always this fucking happy, or stupid for that matter. Sometimes he just wanted to hit Shadow's head really hard against a brick wall. And sometimes he was in a bad mood. He turned the other way and started to walk away when the person spoke. He turned around when he realized that Shadow wasn't following. He wouldn't've cared if Shadow wasn't the only one with money, but alas he was. Balefire sighed and grudgingly didn't walk any further.

Anonymous

"You must excuse me, I do not travel vell."

Shadow: It's no problem at all.

He looked at Balefire and saw that he wanted to leave.

Shadow: Aww, what's your hurry? We're off the boat. Besides, what's wrong with being nice to people?

Anonymous

"Vait!" he blurted soon after the dark skinned man turned around, having assumed that his companion would follow closely after him. They couldn't leave yet, the lesson wasn't over...

However... it didn't seem like they were leaving. Hya blushed and covered his mouth, now to provide them with a reason for that particular outburst.

"I," He lowered his hand, and began to wring both of them. "I am alone. I take vrong boat and have no vay of getting vhere I need to go. It is not safe for anyone to travel alone, t'ere are many unsavory types t'at vould prey on t'ose t'at are alone."

Anonymous

Balefire looked at the man who had just ran into him, been rude to him, and was now asking for help.

Balefire: And what makes you think we aren't 'unsavory types'? Don't let the fact that he's a moron fool you.

He motioned to Shadow as he said that last statement.

Balefire: I'm not inclined to be nice to you. I have my own priorities.

Anonymous

Shadow looked at Balefire.

Shadow: Yes, we do need to find titanol, but we have time to spare. He's fine now, will be for a while, I'd wager. We can stop to help. It shouldn't take long.

He turned to the woman.

Shadow: What's your name, and where do you need to go?

Anonymous

If Hya had the ability to perk his ears they would have been standing at attention when he heard one of the men mention finding someone.

Always look for an opportunity to make yourself useful... you couldn't always use someone without giving them something in return.

He looked the darker of the men in the eye and folded his arms behind his back. "I have alvays been good at judging people. Not quite as good at defending myself," he brushed a bit of hair behind his ears, the bit that was hiding the long scar on his left cheek. He grinned sheepishly before turning to the man's companion.

Now... make it casual, like you haven't been listening to what they were saying...

"I am Hyacinthe," he bobbed his head a little in greeting. "I meant to catch boat to Necromantia, client will be upset if I do not find girl in timely manner." He shrugged and ran a hand through his hair. "Client will just have to understand, I am sure that girl will be alive in one vay or other vhen I find her. You are...?"

Anonymous

Balefire, glad at the fact that she had not chosen to ask him for introductions, walked a few steps away to lean against the railing on the dock. The mention of Titanol had made him a bit nostalgic. Two months without Titanol after spending the last few years without him was his idea of Hell, in the fire and brimstone sort of way. Of course, why a hot (and promiscuous) thing like Titanol would even spend time with him at all eluded him. Whenever Titanol was gone, Balefire always fell into these 'he is probably better off without me' moods. He knew Titanol was probably off with someone else and that depressed him. Depression made him pissy, which made him act like a dick to just about everyone. The present company, a rude woman and Titanol's forty-seventh* fling didn't help matters. Balefire just tried to ignore them both.

((OOC: *That's just Balefire exaggerating.))