Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Mother [Open]

Started by WallyD, March 26, 2017, 06:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Sammuel walked past the crying woman, her dead husband laied beside her. He stopped and open a wine bottle, filling a glass, and taking a sip. He sighed and turned back to the woman.

"I'm going to give you another chance. Pay up what you owe the Night Mother, then I'll go." He said walking back to her. She let out a sob and shook her head.

"I don't know what your talking about. Any deals my husband made was without me. I swear it." She cried. Sammuel said, moving her hair out of her face, taking another drink.

"You see," Sammuel sighed, "When your husband died, all of his debt went to you." He licked his finger and removed some blood off of her face. She flinched trying to move away from the Boogeyman's touch.

"Just tell me what it was, I'll give it to you."

Sammuel stood, draining the rest of his glass, and walked back the bottle, filling it back up.

"For his success, he made a deal to give up your daughter." Sammuel said, smiling. The woman's face turned white, and she shook her head wildly.

"No! You can't. I wont tell you anything!" She screamed. Samuel shrugged.

"Oh well. I know where she is anyways." He said. 4 black arms shot out of his back and killed the woman. The arms came back and one held her heart. Sammuel grabbed it, and watched as it slowly stopped beating.

Samuel left the house immediately, he wanted to be gone before the fist sun ray. He'll get the girl later, she will be needed in the future. Sammuel walked to the other side of the city and into a bar. His contact should be here. All Sammuel knew was that his contact told him to meet him here, then he'll give Sammuel the information for the statue.

MonochroMayhem

In all honesty, Yukara didn't know exactly how she got under this sort of contract. She'd been handed the information regarding some strange artifact by someone who died a few seconds later. Still, she had a good memory, and she knew that all she had to do was find the man, and the worries would be over and she could return to her home (or the closest inn to home, anyways).

As she entered the bar with a black cloak strewn across her back, she carefully scanned the room. Her sense of sight and sound gave absolutely no indication of who she was supposed to be looking for, but other senses knew better. Her nose faintly caught the distinct smell of death and her head immediately turned to face the person the dead man asked her to give the information to.

"Samuel, I presume?" Yukara said. Her voice lilted in the slow din of the bar. "Unless I am wrong..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WallyD

Sammuel looked up and paused. The person in front of him was not his contact. He narrowed his eyes, staring at the woman. Sammuel didn't have a problem with starting a fight. He could just kill all the witness and move on.

"Depends on who is asking." He answered, feeling the Boogeyman become restless at the potential chance of a fight.

MonochroMayhem

Yukara dug her hand into her cloak, trying to find the information she'd written down to remember. "Your... "friend" had an accident and passed away, so he wanted me to give you something." She tried to use the term "friend" as some sort of code word, figuring a crowded bar was no place to make shady deals. She held the scroll she had drawn up to him and stepped a bit closer so that nobody would notice the trade off.

"I understand that it was important and I tried to be on my best behaviour. Normally I don't help tall-folk like you, but you seem like a special bunch. If you know what I mean, that is," she whispered. "By the way, being in a bar like this isn't natural unless you have a drink in your hand. I've frequented this one enough to know that. Do you mind if I get you something tame? Even if you don't drink, having it in your hand will make you look less suspicious."

WallyD

Sammuel's eye twitched. He didn't liked being told what to do, unfortunately, from the woman's talk, she was a fae and held the information that he needed, so he couldn't exactly kill her. He leaned back, crossing his arms.

"So Cummins bit the dust. That idot." He said he waved his hand, signaling a wench. "I'll have a glass of ale and whatever my 'friend' wants. She'll be paying."

MonochroMayhem

Yukara smiled at the wench before whispering in her ear. As the wench turned to get the drinks, Yukara settled her gaze on the man. "You've got a lotta guts goin' where you're goin'," she said. "That place isn't friendly to outsiders."

Her memory served her well. She could remember everything written on that scroll easily.

As the wench came back, she paid her dues and shooed the wench off. The drinks were clearly different, with one being a glass of ale and the other a glass filled with water.

Yukara pulled a flask out and dumped a strange red-purple liquid into the water. "I don't drink anything but stuff from my hometown, and if you were to drink any of it... well, to be honest I don't really know what it will do- the effects are completely random to tall-folk."

She took a sip of the now-purple water and held the remaining glass out to the heavily tattooed man.

WallyD

"I couldn't care less about anything that comes out if your mouth." Sammuel hissed, leaning forward. "I just need that paper so I can be on my way."

Sammuel didn't want to be here any longer. He had spent most of the night on the other side of town and with sun light coming up, he'll be more noticeable.

MonochroMayhem

Yukara's grin soured. "I wouldn't be so callous if I were you. You really do not want to cross fae like me."

She gripped the paper in his hand. "I could be of assistance, frankly. The place might have a lotta locks and traps you can't see. And lucky for you, you won't have someone who will slow you down."

She didn't really want treasure or any sort of reward. She was a bored pixie who needed a thrill, and adventures were her thing. Nevertheless, her grip of the paper may have appeared as a transgression.

Her grin reappeared. "Listen, I get it. You're a guy who works solo. It's a common thing, really. But I figure you're a deals type of guy, so here's one: you take me with you, and I will help you when you need it."

WallyD

Sammuel watched the fae. He doubted that he actually needed her help, but he always did like others doing the work he didn't have to. Sammuel waved his hand for the wench. As she finished up with someone else, Sammuel looked back at the woman.

"I'll allow you too come. I'll contact you tomorrow, keep the paper." The wench walked up and Sammuel stood. "Like the tab." He said and started for the door.

MonochroMayhem

Yukara sighed and sat down, sipping her drink. "I will see you back here, right where I am sitting."

As the man turned to leave, Yukara wondered what sort of hell she had just put herself into, what nightmares would await her.

She called the wench back over, and was delighted to find that there was an upstairs inn to the tavern. Happy to have a place to rest her head, she paid the wench and spent the night there.

[[Timeskip?]]

WallyD

As the sun lowered across the city, the Boogeyman stalked out of whatever hole he came from and walked back to the tavern. He was reckless all day, waiting for the night to shield him.

As Sammuel walked into the bar, he started to look around. He didn't see the fae yet so he sat down in the same place as before, and waited for his treasure to come to him.

MonochroMayhem

Yukara had gotten up at an appropriate hour but had decided that she was going to need to travel light. For this reason, she exchanged her height for her regular size and her strong wings.

She was relatively annoyed that Sammuel didn't seem to notice her as she sat atop the salt-shaker. Then again, few people here really could see her through their drunken stupors.

Between her sitting frame and the top of the salt-shaker stood the parchment with the necessary information. Her tiny lute hung on her back as she swayed side to side.

She whistled, trying to grab his attention. "Heya, down here!" she called.

WallyD

As Sammuel looked down, he felt an eruge to squish the fae. He cleared his throat and crossed his arms. The only thing left was for the fae to give him what he needs.

"I'm assuming that you have what you need." He said.

Sammuel still didn't know where the dam statue was and he had to take the fae, all that was really souring his mood. More than usual. He wasn't one for companions, the last guy was as annoying as the fae, though he respected the Boogeyman. Sammuel doubts that the fae even knows the Night Mother. Very little people do.

MonochroMayhem

Yukara kicked the scroll out from under her. "I don't need to carry much, all things considered."

She leapt up and hovered in the air. "I certainly hope you are up for the journey."

She felt the magical presence of him even stronger than before. The presence harkened back to the days of her family's rejection. A single tear formed along the edge of her eye, but she hurriedly blinked it away.

"You've got a strong presence about you," she muttered.

WallyD

Sammuel grined, something that didn't look good on his scowling face. "Good, then you know not to mess with me." He said, picking up the paper and read it.

Start Track: Adela
Church of Gods
Tracked: Adela
Master Golan(dead); of Church of God
Tracked: Adela
Abigail Golan(sold); Daughter
Tracked: Serendipity
Artifacts of the World
Coleen (stole); Theft
Cameron Dallas(bought)
Tracked: Connlaoth
Regina Hallmen(stole;dead)
Tracked: Serendipity/Connlaoth
Cameron Dallas(dead)
Tracked: City of Reajh
Numda
Tracked: City of Reajh
Karen Hope(bought)
Tracked: Reajh
Nicholas Hope; Son
Gilles (stole)
Sir. Holden

Current location is within Sir. Holden's personal collection. There are several guards, no one is allowed in to house after nightfall. With the civil war going on, there should be a magic barrier, but with nobles you never know. I was able to get the map of the house, the statue is placed in the map.

Sammuel looked at the map. It was a simple two story with a basement. There was a marking that Sammuel assumed was the statue, right near the middle of the map.

"How typical." He said standing. "We leave now."

MonochroMayhem

Yukara sighed. "Yeah, let's..."

As she hovered higher in the air and followed Sammuel, she grimaced from the words on the page. "Magic barrier... so it wouldn't have mattered when I shifted... good to know."

It looked as though the walkw as going to tire out her wings faster than she cared for. Even so, she planned to fly on without causing much trouble.

The nagging fears of rejection ate at her. Whatever the man had with him, it wasn't friendly from the feel of it. She only prayed that he was kind enough not to use whatever power it was against her.

WallyD

It didn't take long to get to the mansion. The lights inside were few, many of them flickered shadows and showed silhouettes of guards in windows. Sammuel walked right up to the door and opened it, one of the guards were there. He pulled out his sword in one hand and with the other reached for a bell.

The Boogeyman's arms shot out, wrapping themselves around the man in a coil. The man was crushed to death, whatever was left of his body slumped against the wall. Sammuel continued, grinning like a mad man.

MonochroMayhem

Despite the fact that Yukara wanted to cry quite a few colors of fear, she bit her lip and moved forward, flying directly behind him as not to be easily be spotted.

"You're inhabited, aren't you?" she whispered.

She pulled a knife from her belt and turned, and a strange shadow loomed in the doorway behind them. "Sir, six-o'clock!"

WallyD

"I am Cleansed, the one of few who have both a clean body and soul." Sammuel said, pulling out his own sword, cutting down a man, silencing another. Sammuel walked into the other room. There wasn't anyone but Sammuel can sense some other lifeforms in the other room with the statue.

"As a Child of the Night Mother, she protects me and in return I shall purify those who have tarnished their bodies and free their souls." Sammuel continued, walking up to the door and threw them open. There were several men in the room, all with their swords drawn. "Humans haves burned and broke their bodies, the Night Mother whishes to free all her children from the cages that hold them. I am her crusader."

MonochroMayhem

"Rather stoic, aren't you. Do you ever manage to lighten up?" she asked. "Because I'll have to whap you one if you start to try my patience."

Her wings began to grow sore. "Hey, I need to perch. Is that alright?"

Tags: