Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Guard Duty!

Started by DreadFate, May 06, 2017, 03:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadFate

Brixius got a new job, one that involves around rebellious mages, the civil war in Connlaoth, usually Brixius wouldn't get himself involved with such a dangerous job, but he hasn't been hired by anyone that lately, plus the job offered a bit of extra compensation for such a risky little adventure, he was even assigned to a platoon full of soldiers, which answers to General Kilandre. With the platoon they were assigned a investigation job, apparently a nearby town was attacked and taken over by rebellious mages, but it was only by rumors and reports, they had to check if it was true and if it was, exterminate the mages.

Brixius was carrying a normal spear in place of his magical one, he heard about the laws on Connlaoth about using magic, while he wasn't necessarily a mage he knew they wouldn't really care. So he was a normal soldier with a normal weapon like everyone else in the platoon he was assigned with, besides the mordecai, it was still a job and Brixius was going to stick with it. The commander suddenly signaled the entire company to a halt and ordered scouts to investigate up ahead for any traps, so the company was waiting just then.

AevumEternity

The ground soon rumbled and shook as the massive Heavy Cavalry unity that strode jaut behind the line of infantrymen shifted into a forward position. Huge beasts blowing warm air through their maws and nostrils as their armor and armored comrades waited for orders, shining in the morning light. If the Heavy Cavalry was present, that meant the General was as well. And so there she sat, at the head of the line of beasts and men, atop her own armored Theocog, blazing white.

General Hakon Kilandre looked upon the village, her arm resting the helm upon her hip as she observes the hamlet in fatigued silence. This would be a slaughter if they simply charged in, and the Duchy of Vythe had had enough of those. Turning slightly around, she focuses upon the Infantrymen, frowning faintly, she needed information on this village... Her eyes focus upon a boy, unassuming, small, relatively friendly looking- perfect.

" Bring that boy to me." She commands a Major to her side, the man astride a massive boar. The man murmurs his consent, turning the warbeast toward the platoon, kicking the beast into a trot," YOU!" He points a halberd toward Brixius," COME FORTH IMMEDIATELY!"

DreadFate

The commander hadn't heard from the scouts for quite a while, so he was thinking of just sending in the entire company into the town on the assumption that there is indeed mages if the scouts didn't report back, until the ground started crumbling around them, soon enough heavily armored men on massive beasts came behind the company, they suddenly came to a stop and it seems the General was with them... oh boy. Brixius could see her inspecting the troops until she saw Brixius.

He immediately turned around and went back into formation. "Shit! I hope I didn't screw anything up..." but soon enough, a massive warbeast was facing the platoon and one man was aiming his halberd at Brixius, ordering for him to come towards the General. He was getting more and more nervous, why is he selected out of everyone else? Soon enough, he was in-front of the general and her warbeast that was blazing white... He saluted the General, then saying "General! My name is Brixius, I'm a mercenary that was hired." he was still on edge, what did the General want with Brixius?

AevumEternity

A sellsword. Hm- they had enough of those. Nonetheless, the General gestures towards the village," Brixius, go to the village and locate our scouts, find out exactly was is going on there. If I find your report adequate, you will be given a full purse of gold in addition to your payment. Move. Now." The General's voice cracked through the air like a whip, though her visage remained stony and unmoved, utterly emotionless. She tilts her head toward him, arching an eyebrow.

DreadFate

Brixius saluted once again saying "Yes General!" and rushed off to the village to investigate, he ran as fast as he could but soon enough he ran into the village, he saw footprints from where he was that were leading directly to the village, those were probably the missing scouts. He stayed behind cover and when he went to have a look, it seems they were starting to barricade the village on many fronts as it could, it seems like they are aware of a possible invasion.

He wanted to get a closer look, but upon the front of the barricade are spikes and grounded traps all over, probably the misfortune of how the scouts died or disappeared. He gathered all he could without gathering the attention of the mages and ran back to the platoon. He walked up to the General and saluted, "General, I believe the mages are aware of our presence, they're barricading the village as we speak and there are traps on the main front of the village, possibly where the scouts died or went missing."

Tags: