Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Not Drunk Yet [M]

Started by Lowen Thorn, May 08, 2018, 09:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

It was the greatest dream anyone could have. The bounty hunter found himself back in his homeland of Serendipity, and the Brotherhood had fallen. He relished with each kill, striking down all of his old comrades that betrayed him and left him for dead.

Did he use a sword like they did him? No, of course not. That would be too easy. He used his fists like a real man would. The sound of their bones breaking under his knuckles was enough to make anyone smile, so his own was broad and full of purpose.

The crowds of Arca cheered, the women swooned, and the authority pardoned him of all of his crimes.

"Amaya, drinks are on me," the bounty hunter's new best friend said. "And fuck my sister while you're at it!"

"Hi there, bounty hunter," the unnamed sister, obviously the most stunning woman on the Earth itself, chimed in.

It was the greatest dream anyone could have.

---

Oh.

Oh fuck.

It was just a dream.

Oh again.

Oh fuck again.

What a fucking headache.

Amaya awoke in his jail cell, completely naked, head pounding, and the overall feeling of just wanting to kill himself and be done with it.

Remi

There was nothing better than swimming on the black seas of oblivion, without a care in the world; the deep, dreamless sleep of one who actually sleeps very little. Surrounded by the dark, velvety expanses of nothingness that just stretched for eternity in every direction. Nothing pressing to do, nowhere of importance to go- and all the time in the world to get it done in. Unfortunately, all pleasant things came to an end, far sooner than they should have.

Remi stirred, slurring profanities as she rolled over, one arm draping over her closed eyes. Where am I this time? Reaching out to grab a nonexistant blanket at the sudden absence of warmth in the bed, she realized that the bed itself was too cold, too hard- and that it wasn't even a pile of straw or the boards of a ship's floor.

Shit! Her everything hurt; she couldn't pinpoint what was worse- and wasn't about to try. It had to be one fuck of a good night. As her eyes opened, she rolled to her knees and peered about in confusion. She was completely unarmed, without any of her healing herbs and naked, feeling as though an army of orcs had tried their best to tear her to shreds. In a cell and believing she must have accomplished... well, something. Of course, the only reasonable thing to do  now was try to get out. She'd figure out what to do after that.

Lying never hurt a damn thing and it's worked maybe one or two times before! Besides, it was always the best idea to start with the simplest excuses and work toward actually breaking out if all else failed. "Guards!" She tried to summon her jailers forth, using her most "authoritative voice." (A shame it was anything but commanding.)  "I need help, you have to let me out! You have no idea what my family will do to you if they find out!" Even through that whimper, she was already looking around, trying to see if she could figure out where anything of use might have been- and if it would have even been possible to attempt a jailbreak at all.

Lowen Thorn

It was a hangover. A special kind of hangover, but not something he wasn't use to. "Fuck me," he groaned before scrambling up to his feet.

Whoa boy.

Perhaps that was a little too fast, he thought as the room started spinning and he had a sudden urge to puke everything he'd ingested in the past week. He bit his tongue and swallowed back that urge just enough for his vision to focus and land on the guards.

"Ned, what the fuck?" he asked, walking up to the cell's bars. "You couldn't at least give me some clothes to wear? Gets pretty cold in here, if you haven't noticed."

The guard Amaya addressed smirk and pointed over to the corner of his cell. "Over there," he said with an amused curl on his lips.

Finding the clothes, Amaya quickly (his definition of quick has he battled the temptation of the sweet release of death) slipped into them before returning to the bars. "Sorry for causing such a fuss," Amaya smirked. "Can't ya just let me out for old time's sake? After all the criminals I've brought ya?"

Ned laughed hard before nodding. "I guess we owe you one," he agreed before unlocking his cell. "Just be careful. We won't be so lenient next time."

"Sure thing," he replied before walking back out into the open.

I can't believe that worked.

"What's that sound?" the bounty hunter asked, hearing the clamoring and yelling of a woman's voice nearby. His eyes darted until they found Remi, and a small, triumphant smile formed onto his lips.

"Your accomplice," Ned said sharply. "Want us to let her out too?"

Amaya went to speak, but stopped. He scratched the back of his head before shrugging. "Never seen her before in my life," he lied. "Probably would've been one of my bounties anyway. Let her rot."

As the bounty hunter made his way to the exit, he looked over at the woman and gave her a little wink before he was out of the door.

Remi

It was the sort of hangover that Remi was just a little too accustomed to- the sort that she would have cured easily, if she had her herbs and sedatives on hand; the kind that she knew regular old sleep and something to eat would not get rid of; only certain plants- or time itself. Of course, it would only intensify for several hours before abating, if left untreated. And unfortunately, it seemed like she'd be spending a few hours dealing with the hellish pain.

Especially since the guards she tried to call over simply laughed and shook their heads. They'd dealt with enough drunkards posing as nobles to know a lie when they heard another one.

Gods damn all of you! She seethed silently, watching Amaya's release; if looks could kill, she would have slain him ten times over. While the healer wouldn't have expected the ass to talk them into unlocking her door as well, it was a damn shame that she hadn't had the real chance to knock him around a little bit.

As soon as I'm out, I'm going to fucking kill you. For no reason other than her being irrationally pissed off and wanting to pound something or someone into oblivion- and who better than her "rival" to slap around? She'd be damned if she could remember why they were rivals anyway, considering that their jobs did not coinside.

"I don't give a fuck," She smirked as Amaya left. It didn't dawn on her just yet that she'd probably not be permitted to ply her trade here anymore, for a very long time. "Hey, Ned!" She called out to the guard the bounty hunter had spoken to, her voice as sweet as wasp's honey, "You might want to be aware that he's very ill- and that the ailment can spread very quickly." That, of course, was another lie, but one that she delivered sincerely enough (maybe.) "I could fix it -I'm a healer, you see- but there's the little issue of me still being here."