Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Is It Over...? (P, Blinkers)

Started by Salzem, June 05, 2017, 01:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salzem

It was early in the morning and Aeizith had little idea what was going on... Sliver had woken up a bit before him, gently prompting him awake with a few kisses and a few whispering words, though her tone was less than endearing... It was dead serious and that scared him... She was already downstairs and the dragon had his doubts as to whether or not he should come down as well... immediately. She had told him that she had something to discuss between them... And when two partners had to sit down and have a talk... it was never good...

Still... He loved his sweet Silver fore she and his daughter was all he had left... He cherished her more than a dragon cherished his hoard... And so... He WOULD meet his girlfriend downstairs soon... right after he woke up his daughter.

Climbing out of bed slowly, his feet touching the ground as if it might explode, Aeizith slipped his clothes on in a similar fashion before making his way outside to the next room over where Amber still snoozed. Carefully, he opened the door and slipped inside, trying to be as quiet as possible as he walked up to the side of the bed. Aeizith kneeled at it's side, his face about level with his daughter's sleeping form, the little ice dragon gently resting his palm on her head.

"Amber... S-sweety..." The dragon cooed. "Time to wake u-up..."

Blink

That morning just like most led Silver downstairs before everyone else. Having always been a morning person Silver was always up with the sun, ready to start each day with something new. And on this day while she had something new in mind, it wasn't pleasant.

In truth, she had been thinking on it for quite some time, and her constant coming and going despite her daughter's presence was probably enough of a sign of what was about to happen. In truth, she wasn't looking forward to it but knew it had to happen. She couldn't keep living this lie when she knew her heart belonged elsewhere.

Now for most one may assume her heart belonged to another but this again... was not the case. Silver's heart belonged to the world and the sights and scenery that came with it.

When Aeizith did finally come downstairs he wouldn't find Silver in the family room, kitchen, or dining hall. Instead, she was sitting outside in a chair facing the woods surrounding their home. With a warm cup of coffee in hand, her eyes remained locked on the world beyond their yard while her mind was already lost in it.

Amber, on the other hand, was not like her mother when it came to mornings and so when Aeizith attempted to wake her up she merely rolled over. "No" she half asleep muttered as she pulled the covers over her eyes to hide them not only from him but the light shining in her room. It was very clear that Amber was not ready to be awake yet.

Salzem

The ice dragon smiled as his little girl rolled over, completely resistant to the idea of getting up in the morning. Instead of insisting, Aeizith merely kissed the side of her head before making his way downstairs, his heart rising in his chest with each step down almost like it was stuck in some sort of anti-gravity hold.

The assassins were nowhere to be found, likely catching onto the atmosphere both he and Silver were projecting throughout the house. They were smart men and women... they knew what was going on. Aeizith, however, didn't and perhaps that made it all worse. He didn't need to speak an order for some alone-time with his girlfriend nor did he even need to glance their way... Their attentiveness to detail perhaps made him think they knew something he didn't and that only added to the negative anticipation.

The little ice dragon slipped into the kitchen himself, grabbing a small cup of water before heading outside on the deck, sitting down in a chair beside her, his cool water in his hands and her warm coffee in hers. For a moment, Aeizith didn't say anything, just looking out over the forest along side his partner before he turned to her and offered the half-elf a shaky smile.

"So.... W-what did you want to talk about...?" He asked as he brought his cup to his lips.

Blink

Only half-heartedly smiling Silver quickly returned to staring at the brim of the property after Aeizith sat down. The steam from her coffee rolling up and into her face along with the vibrant aroma is possessed. Mirroring Aeizith she also brought her cup to her lips, taking a slow sip before lowering the cup to her lap, hands clenching at its edges as she searched for the right way to go about this.

"I love you Aeizith..." This she could not deny. Aeizith was the first person in a long time to touch her heart in such ways, and despite reminding herself of this over and over again it did nothing to change her mind.

She couldn't bring herself to look at him as the true topic of the conversation held itself in her throat, choking her as she tried to get it out. ".... but I don't love you as much as you love me."

"This life that you have us living is not the life that I want. I don't want a fancy house with fancy things. All I want is to be free and to have my daughter." Amber is a touchy subject all in itself. Silver knew she was not there for her as she should be, but then again there was a purpose to her action. Amber was not safe traveling with her, and with her abilities busting at the seams everytime she was in emotional duress she was safer here with Aeizith.

It didn't mean that Silver did not miss her all the same while she was away. Every second of every day her heart yearned to be with her daughter, even if she knew it wasn't possible. Amber needed to learn how to control herself and Silver was not equipped to teach her such things.

Salzem

Aeizith looked at her strangely when Silver stated that she loved him, something they both very well knew.

"I... I love you too..." He responded, suddenly feeling a dreadful grind in his gut... a mere shadow of the blow that struck him a moment later. The dragon stared at her wide eyed, not quite understanding what she meant... She... she didn't love him as much...? Wh-what did that mean...? As if hearing his question, Silver explained that the lifestyle they had up 'till now wasn't anything she wanted... She didn't want a big house or the belongings that the dragon thought she deserved... She wanted nothing more than her daughter and her freedom... two things that apparently the dragon couldn't provide her with...

"But.... But..." He stammered, his heart beating so fast in fear, heartbreak and a dozen other feelings in between he couldn't name. "I.... Silver..." He didn't know what to say... What COULD he say? How does one respond to their partner wanting to leave them like this AFTER saying that she didn't love him like he did? What, has their living together all been a lie? Had she been putting this on out of pity? Did she love him at all? He couldn't tell where his cup of water was anymore despite it never moving. He couldn't ask why because she just told him... He couldn't ask if it was him because she was leaving for her crave of freedom. Tears pooled in his eyes as he stared at Silver, her eyes refusing to even glance in his direction. His family.... he was losing it again... Why.... WHY... WHY AGAIN!? WHY!!? NOT AGAIN! Aeizith's world seemed to fade into darkness, the smiling memories of him and Silver warping and contorting into twisted and unrecognizable images while the bubble of stability around him seemed to shudder and crack.

"I... I'm sorry..." He muttered, his words barely restrained from becoming a sob. "I'm... I'm sorry S-silver.... I... I didn't mean too..."

Blink

The sound of pain in his tone caused Silver to wince. She had done this, delivered this blow to someone she held very near and dear to her heart. "You did nothing wrong Aeizith." Of course, she couldn't bring herself to look at him, her gaze still ahead as she reassured herself of this decision.

"You can't live your life apologizing for things you have not done. Misfortune and unhappiness knocks on everyone's door at some point in life... no matter how long or short it may be."

Shifting in her chair Silver set the cup down on a little stand beside her, finally bringing herself to take in the sight of the now falling apart Aeizith. "I can't expect you to accept this, not for a long while. All I can ask is that you try to understand at some point. If you have to, blame me... hate me."

The very thought of Aeizith hating her caused an all too familiar pain to strike her chest. This wasn't what she really wanted, for things to end badly. This entire situation wasn't meant to be bad, but instead an opportunity for something more.

Salzem

"M-misfortune...." The dragon managed to utter without the whole of his being spilling out like a ruptured water balloon. He couldn't tell whether she meant that choice of words sincerely or it was a bad choice but, either way, it only further damaged the dragon's feelings... It made him feel that she didn't care all that much what was going on right now, that she didn't appreciate the magnitude of the words she was using to break him. He knew he could feel in her words that she hated saying this almost as much as he did hearing it but that didn't make him feel any better... not in the least... It only made him feel worse.

Sliver shifted in her chair, finally meeting the dragon's sanguine eyes, though their gaze was shaky... almost uncomfortable. She claimed that she knows he can't accept this now and wouldn't for a long while, and that all she wants is for him to know why she had to do this and, if he had to, to blame his suffering on her... to hate her...

The little ice dragon didn't know what to do... He could get up and walk away, he could sit there and cry... he could get up and hug Silver or try to convince her to stay or usher her to leave...

In the end... The dragon used his thousands of years of accumulated will to force the tears from flowing, the sadness from entrenching itself in his very nerves and veins. Aeizith raised a sleeve to his eyes, wiping free the tears from his face, leaving the surrounding flesh of his eyes red and tender. He sucked his sorrow and bottled it up to be released in an appropriate time... when he could afford not to be an adult... Now... this was more important than him and her... Silver had a daughter to think about and... In Aeizith's eyes, so did he...

"W-what of Amber...?" Aeizith asked, his body shivering in shock, but far less than a few moments before.

Blink

With each word she could tell she was only hurting him further. I mean, that is what Silver did after all. She hurt people... mangled the very essence of their souls until there was nothing remaining. It was what she was renowned for, the girl who destroys everything she touches. Perhaps it even played a little into her decision today, knowing she did not deserve the happy life she had deluded herself into living.

It wasn't just hurting him, it was breaking her as well even if she didn't show it. The very words of leaving ripped at her in ways she had not felt in too long. The pain in her chest only intensifying with each passing second as she watched him fall apart in front of her. He was bursting, the pressure building within him and Silver was just waiting for the last seam to rip. If anyone should have been sorry it was her, and she truly was for doing this to him.

At the mention of her daughters name another pain struck her chest. Not only was she letting Aeizith down, but her daughter as well. But still, to his eyes, she would appear optimistic about the entire situation. He couldn't see her breaking, he couldn't see how she was already tearing herself apart from the inside.

"Amber needs you." Silver had to pause to regain her wits, the very words almost bringing tears to build in her eyes. "I have to be strong, I have to do this..." Another deep breath....

"You can keep her safe. I wouldn't trust anyone else with the task of raising my daughter... our daughter." What she was getting at was that Silver wasn't just going to be leaving Aeizith behind, but Amber as well. Of course, she would visit, perhaps come whisk her away from time to time, but Aeizith would be her constant... not herself. Amber needed him, he could keep her abilities in check where she couldn't. He could show her the love that Silver struggled to express.

Amber may not understand in the beginning, but one day she hoped her actions would become clear. Some may even look at Silver as a horrible mother, abandoning her child or passing her from person to person. But what other's couldn't see was that Amber was a Ruscoqui. The name may not have meant much to some, but more than anything to her. It was her legacy, the gift given to her by her father and his father before him. Even if she didn't know him, Silver knew he had made the same decision for her years ago.

All of this was becoming almost unbearable and Silver was struggling to keep a somber face. "I... I am going to take Amber today so that I can talk to her, alone. She needs to hear it from me. She needs to know what I am doing to our family."

She couldn't meet his gaze anymore, couldn't even turn her body in his direction without feeling like everything was going to come undone. Slowly she sat up from the chair, grabbing her cup and turning her back to him.

Salzem

One wasn't a good partner if they didn't notice when the other was in pain and Silver... She was in more pain that Aeizith had ever seen in 7000 years... He couldn't imagine what it felt like to be a mother... to give up her child even to someone she once loved and lived with... Aeizith knew agony.. he had inflicted it and experienced it on all fronts but this... all this coming from Silver as she desperately tried to contain it for his benefit... it was on a whole other level... When he mentioned Amber, he thought she might start to break down right there but by the power of her will, the beautiful half-elf kept herself together enough to tell him that she needed him... that Amber needed someone to keep her safe...

"I... I understand...." The dragon stuttered quietly, fresh tears running down his face. Turning her back to him and grabbing her mug, Silver got up from her seat, stating that she was going to take her daughter to the side and tell her everything privately. The dragon couldn't stand seeing her back... it was like everything horrid and dark emotion she felt was scrawled all over it in scars...

Swiftly, before she could go anywhere, the dragon discarded his mug and wrapped his arms around Silver's belly, his face buried in her neck. Aeizith held her tightly, lovingly to him despite everything, perhaps because of everything that was said here this morning, kissing her skin but once as tears flowed down his cheeks. He knew from the way she spoke that she DID love him... every bit that he did her but she needed to do this... As much as he wanted to scream or cry or beg or do anything to make her stay with him.... he had to let her go...

"I love you..." He whispered before his arms fell lax at his sides, his face contorted in loss. "I love you... I love you..." He kept whispering those words, those three words that were once taboo in their lives, words he couldn't help but say because he hadn't said them enough. "I love you Silver Ruscoqui... More than anything in the world..."

Blink

The moment he touched her Silver could feel her entire body begin to give. It would have been too easy just to fall apart right there, to collapse in his embrace, but she didn't. His words of understanding caused her to close her eyes as she processed the very meaning behind them. Did he really? If he truly did then he would not have done this, held her like this, made her yearn and regret everything all at once.

Still, she could not bring herself to face him as she stood frozen in place. This was hard, far more excruciating than she imagined it to be. She was losing her heart all over again, and yet again it was at her hand. All of this almost a repeat of what had happened years ago at the Ruscoqui hideout. And even if on this day no one literally died, Silver knew she had just slain Aeizith.

Not even able to respond to his muttering I love you over and over again Silver finally moved, placing one foot in front of the other as she created distance between them. With each step the world beneath her seemed to crack a bit, barely holding itself together just like her facade of handling this so well.

In truth Silver did love Aeizith, he still made her heart flutter as it had from the first day she met him. But deep down she knew this life that he offered her would not be enough. She had to cut the ties now or risk ruining him even more in the future.

"I......I'm sorry" the words not quite what she wished she could say.

As she made her way into the house and up the stairs, leaving Aeizith behind, Silver already was wondering if this were a mistake. Could something this hard be the right choice? What if she were unintentionally sabotaging her happiness? With each step up the stairs her body became heavier, the air thicker, her heart weaker. By the time she reached her daughter's room tears had already begun to pool in her eyes.

Leaning in the doorway she looked on as her child slept so peacefully, completely unaware of what was about to happen. "Can I really do this to her? Can I leave her again?" Questions Silver herself did not have the answer to anymore. At first, she thought she could but now looking at Amber everything seemed to blur.

Finally letting the weight of everything hit her Silver dropped down, her back sliding against the door frame as her bottom hit the floor. "I can't" she cried to herself as she pulled her knees to her chest, curling herself into a small pile of mush in the doorway. "I can't do it." Her sobs meant for only her, but just loud enough that someone may hear. This was breaking her, far more than she ever thought it could.

Was this a mistake? Not just leaving Aeizith, but her daughter behind as well. Was she throwing something away that she actually deserved?

Salzem

Silver stepped away from him, muttering an apology before slipping back inside, leaving the little ice dragon alone with nothing but his sorrow. He still couldn't believe this was happening... He and she... they lived together for so long... They slept together, shared moments of love, held each other close when they were sad, laughed together when they were happy, she saved his life and he hers... He loved her more than anything (besides his daughter) in the world and he thought she did too... Why would she do this to him....?

The dragon slumped back down in his chair, holding his face in his hands as he choked back the pain of oncoming tears. Why... She was so perfect... She was a good woman who understood him and cared... They raised her daughter and he loved her like she was his very own and now she wanted to disappear... He didn't understand why... He knew she had too... she wouldn't... COULDN'T do this to him if she didn't have to... but he couldn't understand why...

It was only a minute... maybe too later did he hear the sobbing coming from inside, the heart and gut-wrenching cries of the woman he loved lamenting how she couldn't do it... She couldn't force herself to go... Scared by the sudden breakdown, the dragon pushed himself out of his chair and slowly crept up to the door, peeking inside. His eyes widened as he saw Silver curled up before her daughter's room, sobbing. In a flash, he was right by her side, wrapping his arms around her, holding the woman he loved close... In another instant, they were back downstairs in the living-room, away from Amber's room before her mother's cries of anguish woke her from her restful sleep.

Aeizith helped her to a chair where he sat besides, his heart breaking with every tear that fell from his girlfriend's eyes. He was doing this to her... Him not letting her go was tearing her apart... she wanted to go so badly and yet... he was part of the reason she was still anchored here... If he was allowed, the little, lonely ice dragon would reach out, taking Silver's hand, gently squeezing it.

"Silver..." He murmured, his voice as shaky as his bravery. "I love you.... I-I.... I do... So much... And... I... I like t-to thing I-I g-got to know you w-well in th-the time we had together... I... I th-think you sh-should go... Y-you're not h-happy here, are y-you...? I k-kept you here... I-I'm sorry..." A tear rolled down his cheek as he said this but he went on.... nothing would stop him.

"Th-this time w-with you have b-been the best of my l-life a-and I... I w-want you to b-be happy too..." Despite everything... he smiled, squeezing Silver's hand once more. "Amber w-will be safe... I love her too... Y-you will always be welcome here I-If you want to come back... I... I'll m-miss y-you..."

Blink

Before she knew it Silver was downstairs in a chair, brought to it by Aeizith himself. Apparently, he had heard her duress and true to Aeizith fashion, came to her rescue. As he spoke Silver gazed into his eyes, taking the sight in as if it were the last time she would ever see them.

His words helped, even if her face did not reflect it. This was the push she needed, the knowing that he understood... finally.

Taking her free hand Silver leaned forwards, caressing Aeizith's cheek in a gentle touch. "Thank you" she whispered. The lightness of her body making her realize that she could go now. "I will come back to see her..." her eyes then shifted towards the stairwell that led to Amber's room. "... and you."

Eventually Silver was able to stand again, and so made her way upstairs once more to try and tell her slumbering daughter the news. With Aeizith still downstairs she stepped into the room, closing the door behind her so that they could have some privacy.

What was discussed need not matter, the only important thing being that Amber took it better than Silver had anticipated? It was sad really, how such a young girl had already come to terms with her mother coming and going so often. After some time the door would open and Silver would emerge with Amber holding her hand.

As they walked back downstairs Silver could hardly keep her eyes off of her little angel. The pride and love she held for her evident with every action she took. "Be good for Aeizith" Silver was now knelt in front of her daughter at the front door, a hand on each of her shoulders as she stared into her eyes.

"I will be back. More often than you may think." Jokingly Silver poked her daughter's nose while she scrunched her own. "And if you ever need me just use that little trick I showed you... okay?" Her voice broke just a bit at the mention of Amber ever needing her.

Standing back up Silver then turned her attention to Aeizith, her lighthearted mood almost vanishing as she took him in her sights. "Keep her safe."

Salzem

Aeizith lightly leaned into her hand as it softly held his cheek, closing his eyes as he took in her feel for what seemed to be the final time. It was a terrible thing he was doing... but also something good. He was losing the love of his life on one hand... but on the other, this was no place for her and this life wasn't the one she wanted... She was a true adventurer at heart and out there in the wilderness was where she needed to be... not here chained down by a house and kid..... and boyfriend... The dragon's eyes opened slowly as she promised that she would always come back to visit he and Amber, a fleeting grin flashing across his face. He knew she would... He trusted her... After a moment, Amber seemed ready to face telling her daughter what she did him, the little lonely ice dragon watching her go as her finger slipped out of his and up the stairs she went... He couldn't quite tell what was said, even with his advanced hearing nor did he want to... This was their private moment and he had no right to intrude.

After a few more minutes... Amber and Silver came down together, the little girl seeming to take this a lot better than Aeizith did. She seemed obviously sad her mother was leaving, but not nearly as devastated as Aeizith was... Silver walked with her downstairs with her eyes locked on her like she would disappear the moment she looked away, the little dragon's heart breaking with every step she took towards that door. Still.... He couldn't help but smile as she gently booped her daughter's nose, promising to be back soon... then remind her of a trick she showed her to call her if she needed her... What trick...? He'd have to ask about that later... but not now.... Now that wasn't important. Silver then turned to him, stating for him to keep Amber safe... The Dragon smiled sadly, miserably, before gently placing a hand on Amber's head, stroking her soft white hair.

"I-I promise... A-and Silver...?"

Aeizith stepped forward, this time gently placing his hand on her cheek and softly kissing her forehead before pulling away, back next to his daughter.

"T-take care of yourself..."

Blink

Taking in what felt like the last look she would ever give her daughter Silver hardly noticed Aeizith stepping towards her. At first, his words hit her brain like a blur before rematerializing into something somewhat audible. Take care of yourself

Words she had heard before so long ago from her mother, the very memory almost overpassing the present. Even the soft kiss on her forehead sent her farther back into her mind, shedding light on a memory she had all but forgotten. She wanted to cry, to break down all over again but this time found the will to push it all back.

That was what she was doing, taking care of herself. That was why she was making this decision was it not? And it wasn't like when Aeizith banished Kaida from their home either, this time was different. He sincerely meant that she could come back at any time. Of course, the first few times would probably be hard, but after that?

"I will" she spoke as she took a heavy breath in, filling herself with the air from this home once more. And then she was gone, all but turned away from them as she opened and then closed the door behind her. As she walked, her fists lay clenched at her sides, each step stiff as she pushed her body to move forwards, disappearing behind the line of trees.

Tags: