Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tea time at the Tavern [open]

Started by GyraZR1, June 22, 2017, 06:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GyraZR1

Gliding down from the Steel Gard, as the airship had to be elsewhere for a important job, Gyra took out a small pendent from a pocket. 'Won't like it, but better be handicapped now than be shocked in a fight.' she thought. Landing in a park, Gyra settled the pendent around her neck and could feel most of her magic dim considerable. 'Only thing that has any considerable strength is my healing.' she mused. Reflexively checking her knives, both hidden and visible,  she flexes her wings once more before letting them rest against her back. Walking casually towards the park's exit she drew up the map of Matron's Hallow in her mind. "Where's a good tavern?" she questions aloud. Pausing at the exit she looks around and noticed that people here seem to be on the short side. 'Not that all that tall to begin with anyway.'

Upon deciding on which tavern she would visit, Gyra makes her way over while tuning out the shocked or questioning looks aimed at her. Meandering through the early evening crowd she glanced to the vanishing sun and wondered how long her stay will be this time. 'Not anyone would really care about me anyway.' she thought as a tavern came into view. Pushing through the door to hear bards and wenches singing abouts ancient heros. Gyra, after picking a table with a chair that could accommodate her wings, sat down with the wall to her back. "Will milady like any thing?" Settling her gaze on the serving wench, she states with tone going to her noble airs, "Tea sweetened with sugar and meat buns." Once her order was heard, Gyra lets harden gaze skim the tavern crowd slowly.

Tegan

John Faraday was half way through his third double whisky when the winged woman entered the dingy little tavern. It was his first night on leave from the military where he served as a medic in the ongoing civil war against the mages and he had no intentions of remembering it. The faster he could drink himself silly the better. It would be a relief to be able to spend a night sleeping in a real bed without being woken by the sounds of damned muskets and cannons- that was for sure. He rolled himself a cigarette and looked out over the room, instantly spotting the winged stranger sitting at a table a little way off. While he appreciated that not everyone liked being approached by strangers the liquor in his belly gave him the confidence to follow the relentless pull of his curiosity and he got up from his bar stool, cigarette and drink in hand.

He felt pleasantly merry, the room humming and only spinning a little as he moved to take the seat opposite her. He noted her depressingly sober choice of beverage, but decided to jump right into a conversation anyway, socially lubricated as he was.

"exscuse my intrusion, but I just have to know- are you an angel?" He asked, regarding her with his doleful brown eyes. He took a drag from his cigarette, the little red cherry burning down the white stick towards his lips, and then suddenly realised that what he had said might sound a little questionable.

"That... that was not intended to be a pick up line, I might add." he said, offering a friendly and rather fiery little grin. It was uncommon but not unheard of to see people with wings, and in his increasingly drunken state he felt confident enough to probe. The man was handsome enough, with dark desevieled hair and neat facial hair but there was a tired, drawn look to his eyes behind the intelligent glint- somewhat dulled by the booze.

Tags: