Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In Blood and Sweat [P]

Started by WallyD, June 22, 2017, 06:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Julien groaned as the sun beat down on him. God how he hated the heat. Plus the sweat was nasty and his skin burns easy.

"I swear," Julien gasped, lifting his hat up to wipe his brow, "this is the last time I travel out here."

Julien was finishing yet another job. A young man was sent to work in Connoth for some nobles. He hired Julien to give a wedding gift for his bride. Julien was always a sucker for young love. He even gave the young man a discount.

Julien started down a hill and saw some rocks. He made a beeline to it, sanding in the shade. Julien had long since gotten rid of his shirt, his scars glistening, strikingly white compared to his burnt skin. I'm definitely going to feel that he thought, looking down at his chest. He set down his luggage and pulled out his waterskin​ and drank some of it, sighing in satisfaction.

Julien looked around and paused. There was something out there that was kicking up dust. Julien squinted and raised a hand, trying to see what the odd shape was...

RogueWolf

Zorin cursed the bad luck that had foiled yet another one of his grand schemes so much had gone wrong in his life why he didn't know.  He was a visionary, a warrior, a necromancer, and should have the world at this feet.  He absently kicked the rock at his feet away watching it dance along the narrow path before disappearing under some underbrush.  That summed up all of his plans up to now he thought.  He set them into motion they moved along mostly unhindered perhaps with a few setbacks now and again but nothing major... until they got swallowed up by some massive event waylaying them. 

With all of the power at his disposal he shouldn't have that problem! With a cry of frustration he loosed a spell towards a nearby rocky outcropping watching rocks turn to dust within seconds.  What was wrong with he world that he could perform magic such as this and more, much more but couldn't even take over a single nation? Maybe he needed to think smaller first? Start with taking over a single town and then grow from there? His analytical mind mulled over the prospect of doing so but it would be time consuming and he wanted global domination now!

WallyD

Juliens eyes widened when he saw that it was coming straight at him. He quickly gathered his stuff and ran, bearly missing the assult. Where he once stood was now nothing more than a pile of dust. Julien stared at the mound then turned sharply to where the magic gust was thrown.

There was definitely a man there. Julien frowned and stomped over. This man clearly wasn't from around here. Why was he even in the desert. It's mostly sand and sand and more sand.

"Hey! Buddy!" Julien called as he neared the man, "What the hell do you think your doing! You could have killed me!"

Tags: