Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Town of Silece (KingTyrant!)

Started by Sheshia, August 12, 2017, 03:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheshia

Shyirin sits up rubbing his eyes. He opens them and looks around at the camp. They were surrounded by the grassy and spiky area of the coast line. Just a breeze and maybe a bird could be heard to break the silence.  It was pretty early in the morning and he has had a pretty restless night. Tossing and turning throughout the night for some reason or another. He was traveling with his friends, Leon and Neyan to a port town in Serendipity. Apparently it just went silent all of a sudden and they needed to find out why. There was also a good bit of money involved.

He gets up and stretches out his muscles, then packs up his blanket he slept on through the nights with. He wasn't that hungry this time so Shyirin stretches one more time before sitting back down waiting for the others to get up. He wasn't in a rush since they were just a few minutes from the town. Shyirin felt safer with them being a little ways off from the town. But still during the whole night he felt very very off. Hopefully it'll be just that night and it won't continue. Even he needed sleep when he could get some. Still feeling a bit uneasy he starts to do push ups and chin ups while waiting for the others.

@KingTyrant

KingTyrant

Leon woke up not long after Shyirin, though it was shocking, considering he hadn't slept very well on most nights. At least, whenever the moon was in clear sight. He'd give anything to be free of that damned moon. He sat up with a groan, his back and neck both equally aching. The sky hadn't even turned a full blue. I was a mix of blue and pink, clouds dotting the horizon stretching out towards the ocean. He looked over at the other lycan, raising a brow. "A bit early for a workout routine, isn't it?"

He looked over at Neyan, who still dozed peacefully under the shade of a tree. She wore her thin nightgown, which didn't seem to give much protection during what was a rather cool night. Leon guessed it was simply due to her Connlaothian blood. Being that far up north and very close to the tundra, they probably had an affinity for the cold. Still, it made him cringe. He usually just slept in his armor. Probably because with how heavy it was, and how many pieces it had put together, it was a pain getting in and out of.

He narrowed his eyes, getting the feeling that she wasn't getting up any time soon, and grabbed her bag with one hand. It was a rather heavy bag, too. He grunted, tossing it her way, the thing hitting her in the legs. She squealed, being forced from her slumber as she quickly scooted all the way back to where her back was pressed against a tree. She pouted at him. "That wasn't very nice..." She whined, rubbing her eyes. "Don't care. Get dressed so we can go, Medic." He growled.

Medic was the little name he had given her around the time of their first quest together, seeing as she mended a pretty nasty gash on his upper arm in little more than minutes. It was a Hell of a lot more effective than stitches and gauze, that was for sure. And seeing as they were travelling together now, and she was their healer, the name, 'Medic' just seemed appropriate. Standing, he walked to the edhe of the little hill they were resting on... Sure enough, the town was right there in view. It was on the water, the docks extending out rather far to make room for a number of fishing boats, and even larger boats for short-range transport.

He narrowed his eyes, noticing that none of the lights in the town seemed to be on. Not even the lanterns that dotted the streets. There were no guards patrolling, no fishermen up, getting ready for an early morning fishing trip... Nothing. It was dead. From here, the small buildings were nothing more than silhouettes, completely black as the sun began to rise.

Neyan walked up beside Leon, frowning at the sight. "Creepy..." She said, noticeably shuddering. Looking back at Shyirin, she blinked. "Do we have to...?" Before he could answer, Leon did it for him. "Yes. We do." He snarled. She winced. He looked back at the village, sniffing. Not even a faint human scent... What was going on here? "Could've fled from pirates." He guessed, looking back at Shyirin to hear what he had to say.

Sheshia

"Couldn't sleep well. So it's never to early for this." Shyirin smiles, replying to Leon and does one for push up before sitting down. He looks around enjoying the morning and watched as Leon woke up Neyan by tossing her bag hitting her legs. He had to stifle a laugh when she scooted up against the tree very quickly.

When the other two went to look out over the hill Shyirin stood up, grabbed his gloves and walked over to join them waving good morning to Neyan. The town was definitely a ghost town. No scent nor sound came from it. "I have to agree this is a very very creepy town Neyan." He wasn't phased by Leon's snarl towards Neyan but he felt it unnecessary still and patted Neyan's shoulder a bit attempting to comfort her. There was very little hope of him ever changing so Shyirin just prefered not to start an argument. Shyirin looks closely concentrating on the small detail he could see, "If they were fleeing from pirates I don't think that the boats would be left like they are, and we would probably smell blood from a fight also." He was all serious now, this whole place reeked of foul play.

"Something else could be going on here. I don't like it. The hair on the back of my neck was tingling the whole night." Shyirin laughs slightly, "This is gonna be a great story I can tell!" He starts walking down the hill, "We aren't gonna get anywhere if we just sit up on this hill soaking the rays in." He was very nervous, everything was telling him to turn back and get as far away from this town as possible. If someone knew what to look for they would be able to tell he was nervous by the way he would walk. It would change to being a bit more light and bouncy. It'll be probably be a five to ten minute walk to reach the town at the rate he was walking, slowly as if he was relaxed and at ease.

KingTyrant

Leon listened to what Shyirin had to say about his assessment, and to be honest, he was impressed. "Yeah... I can't smell any traces of people ever living here. Not even stale scent. It's like the whole population got sucked into a void, or something." He murmured, grabbing his shield, slipping his arm into the leather bands which tethered it to the metal. He had to say, it was nice having another lycan around... Someone who thought and felt a lot like him.

Still, they had their clear differences. While Leon was more concerned about what gold could come of investigating this ghost town, Shyirin seemed to just be pissing himself over the adventure, and all that other nonsense. For all they knew, there was an angry beast down there waiting for them, and this guy was treating it like a big walk in the park. It was slightly off-putting. Especially how he seemed to start off down the hill, almost leaving them in the dust.

Still, it didn't take too long for Neyan to catch up with him, walking side-by-side with her friend and giggling at his enthusiasm. Leon rolled his eyes, and soon caught up as well, walking at Shyirin's other side. "Packmate... Try to take it from a 10 to a 3, alright? Keep your guard up, so we don't end up stumbling right into a trap, or something." He advised, his voice stern. Similar to Neyan's, 'Medic,' Leon's nickname for Shyirin was, 'Packmate,' simply for the reason that he was the only other lycan he had somewhat befriended. They had their own little miniature pack, in a way.

Neyan frowned, looking over at him in confusion. "Why should we be so worried? You said it yourself, you didn't smell anything down there... Why can't we just investigate in peace, without having to worry and stuff?" She asked. Leon didn't look at her, keeping his eyes on the village ahead. "Anything can happen. There just might be nothing down there we have to worry about. But I'd rather play it safe and keep both of you alive and well, than take chances and put us all in jeopardy." He explained.

Sheshia

(OOC: I literally just squealed with happiness when I read the Packmate part XD and my mom and twin looked at me like "wtf woman?" Also I imagined FFXV for some reason. Oh and I added a slight time skip if thats okay)

Shyirin looks as Neyan when she caught up and giggled. She was possibly the happiest person in the world. But still he jumped a bit when she caught up to him. Then Leon caught up, he didn't mind being called Packmate. It was nice and sort of comforted him a bit considering what he and Leon were. "Okay Leon." He sighs, "Sorry, I'm just very nervous about this place. Everything is telling me to turn back and get as far away from this place as I can."

Shyirin looks at the town getting closer and closer with every step,"I see where your coming from also Leon." He looks at Neyan and starts to add on the the explination a bit, "You know the term, "Never judge a book by it's cover?" It's a lot like that in this case and what Leon said. Thanks, bro." He thanks Leon for keeping him in line.

As the town moved in closer Shyirin noticed that this place has been like this for quite a while. Making him even more jumpy. A crow cawed making him jump back a bit with a little yelp, "Fuck..... fuck... fuck!" He growls a bit looking uneasy but alert and moving forward. "Crows.... even wrose." He looks at the other crows perching around all of them seemed to be watching the trio. Crows were never a good sign in his books.... of mysteriously silent towns on the coastline. Without a single sign nor scent of people living here. It was even more unnerving.

KingTyrant

OOC: That's fine by me. And maybe it reminds you of it because of the party aspect?

The entire time that the trio made their way to the town, Leon continued to sniff out for any indicator of human life ever even once being there. But no matter how close they got, there was nothing. Not even the scent of rot from any corpses that may have been within. Soon enough, they were walking the streets of the town, which was even eerier up close. Crows perched almost everywhere, and it was deathly silent, with their caws being the only thing to break the monotony.

When Leon heard Shyirin's reaction to the cawing crows, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Afraid of birds?" He teased, looking up at the birds with narrowed eyes. "They do pull the look of an abandoned town together, don't they?" He then looked over to his right as he caught a whiff of something awful... A cart of rotting cabbage. Walking up to it, he picked one of the heads up, which fell apart in a goopy mess in his hand. "This place has been abandoned for close to a month, from the look of these..."

Neyan made a face at the sight of the cabbage, which was swarming with flies, as well. She decided to wander a bit, but stayed close enough to the guys in case something happened. Going behind a long building which looked like a tavern of sorts, she saw something strange... Strange, but helpful. In white, messy scribbles, a message was left for them. "Hey... Shyirin? Leon? I think I found something!" She called out to them, rocking on the balls of her feet as she read it.

WHeN YoU hEAR thE SwEeT, SWeeT SOnG, DON't leT yOUr MinD WANder... FOr IF yoU STrAY BeyOND thESe STreeTS, YoU SHall BE torN ASunDER.

Sheshia

Shyirin laughed uneasily, "They do manage to pull this look together." He agrees with Leon. Nothing was still around other then the crows and themselves. He looks at the empty closed windows and saw a few of them were open. Shyirin looked at it's wall seeing just enough vines and foot holes to climb. He then looked at the cabbage staying quiet and screwing his face at the disgusting stench. "If only we had time to bury that." He comments kicking it a bit.

Neyan "Hey... Shyirin? Leon? I think I found something!" He walked behind the supposed tavern and looked at what Neyan was looking at, "What the hell?" He read it a few times, "What does it mean by the sweet sweet song?" He had no idea what it meant but damn it was nerve racking. "And torn asunder...." He trails away from the sentence thinking. He definetly did not want anyone to get torn apart. Shyirin would discuss leaving if it came to it. Their lives were more important than gold, Leon might have a problem with it but he would rather have an angry Leon than a dead one. He sits down against the wall pondering with a serious look on his face.

(Ooc: Do you want to go with the original Greek Sirens that their singing usually only worked on men or with a different version of Siren?)

KingTyrant

OOC: I think we should go with the traditional Greek sirens, as it'd be pretty good as a story mechanic. Neyan's the only one unaffected, that kind of thing? By the way, apologies for my absence.

Neyan stared at the message for a bit longer, tapping a finger to her lips as she frowned. "Maybe... Maybe they all just ran away? Maybe something drove them off, like Leon said." She threw out there. Afterwards, she sighed, realizing how unlikely that was, given the fact that there was no blood scent, or any sign of a struggle whatsoever. It was as if no one had ever lived here at all.

She looked over as Leon strode up, reading over the message before sniffing. He grumbled. "Stale... I'm not getting anything from this." He shook his head. After a moment, he looked towards the both of them. "Medic... Go with him. Search around the docks. I'm heading deeper into town." He told them. He turned to head in that direction, Neyan's eyes widening as she ran over in front of him. "W-We can't split up! That's dangerous!" She exclaimed.

Leon rolled his eyes, gently pushing her to the side. "I'll be fine. I've got a sharp blade and strong armor. Your boyfriend doesn't." He reminded her. She blushed a soft pink. "He's not my-!" "Yeah, yeah, just try not to make out too much while I'm gone." He cut her off, chuckling teasingly as he walked away. She pouted at him, blushing harder. "Jerk!" Once he was out of view, she looked towards Shyirin. "Well... To the docks?"

Sheshia

(It's cool King :) and yep Neyan would be the only one unaffected and all that)

Shyirin blushes a tiny bit at Leon's make out comment. That was totally unexpected from Leon... Wait no it wasn't. It was normal mostly. When Neyan asked him weather to go to the docks he nods and walks towards the docks. Not even the sea gulls were there. He knew Leon would be fine but Leon did have a point he had no armor at all what so ever. He guessed he was so used to his faster healing he never really thought of getting armor.

"Well atleast we won't have to worry about sea birds swooping in on us." Shyirin laughs looking at the sky. Still perfect day out atleast. Then the song started, Shyirin stops for a second looking at Neyan a bit terrified then at peace and he starts to stumble towards the waves then stops to cover his ears holding his head, "Make it stop!" He knew this was not normal and he wanted it to stop but at the same time he wanted to go towards the singing. He was getting rather agitated at this point very quickly. "Make me stop Neyan!!" He stops yelling and looks completely at peace going towards the ocean but still looked like he was in hell.

KingTyrant

As they reached the docks, Neyan noted Shyirin's comment about the lack of seagulls. That, accompanied by the fact that there were no clouds out at all made this a very peaceful and tranquil spot. Especially with the coo, breeze out. She was almost beginning to enjoy it... That was, until her friend began mindlessly walking out to the edge of the water. "Huh?" She blinked, looking over at him.

"That's not funny, Shyirin!" She pouted, hands curled up into little fists at her hips. As he screamed louder, then went silent, already knee-deep in the water, she sprinted off towards him as fast as she could, arms curling around his entire torso, locking his arms in place as she struggled to pull him back to shore. She heard the soft singing, female and melodic... She wasn't moving, though. What was going on with her friend? "Snap out of it, Shy! Stop!" She pleaded, only able to drag him back by a couple of feet, with all of her strength mustered up.

Leon walked towards the center of town, into a large, cramped market of sorts. Here, many vendors sat, all selling different produce. Fruit, vegetables, meat, and even potions and alchemy ingredients could be found. All of it was very old and had been sitting out, however, so none of it could be of use. In fact, the stench nearly made Leon gag. When he heard the singing off in the distance towards the shore, he was taken out of all of his thoughts, his head turning without his permission, followed by his entire body.

He felt his limbs go numb, his legs seeming to take on a consciousness of their own as they began walking towards the ocean. He had to struggle to retake his mind, pulling himself away with as much effort as he could put forth. "What the Hell!?" He snarled, quickly heading towards the nearest building. It was a rather large granary of sorts, and it blocked out almost all noise. As he headed inside, slamming the heavy-duty doors and locking them tight, he sighed in relief, feeling the effects of the song let go of his body.

However, it didn't end there. Another, similar song started up. This one was much closer. As a matter of fact, it sounded like it was in the same building with Leon. Now with a much heavier dosage of the intoxicating music, Leon's eyes glazed over and his arms fell to his sides limply as he started up the steps, following the sound. He went around stacks of packed, preserved food and other goods, not stopping until he came upon what looked to be a naked woman, hair drenched and back turned to him.

He reached out for her in his drunken state, being startled and yanked out of his trance as she turned to him, revealing something horrifying. Past her veil of black hair, she appeared to have no lips, strips of flesh dangling from her teeth, blood pouring down her chin. Her eyes were abnormally large, glowing a yellow color, and her nose was skeletal-looking. Letting out a screech, she jumped at him, clawed fingers extended. Leon acted on impulse, drawing his sword and swinging upwards, catching her in the shoulder.

He stepped to the side as he slashed, the creature tumbling face-first against the floor. It got up quickly, oozing blood from its gaping wound as it jumped at him again. Leon raised his shield, bashing her across the face and sending her into a stack of what appeared to be sheep's wool. The boxes tumbled over, the white, fluffy material spreading out everywhere and cushioning her fall slightly. Leon jumped up into the air, driving his blade through her chest, right between her bare breasts before she could rise again. He snarled as he twisted the blade tightly before yanking it out.

He panted, looking over the creature before examining the blood on his blade. He bared his teeth, narrowing his eyes. "Damn... Should've known..." He looked out towards where the direction of the docks would be, worry taking him over. "Shyirin... Damn, Medic, you'd better not let him wander out..." He murmured, already thinking of the worst.

Sheshia

The woman looked off to him. But for some reason he was at peace seeing her and hearing her beautiful voice. He wanted to see her up closer. Shyirin was slightly aware of what was going on around him. He felt someone trying to hold him back from going to her. Actually managing to drag him back a few feet also. This broke the spell for a moment letting him say, " Kill it." and quickly covering his ears again going towards the woman reluctantly screaming silently on the inside. He was going to find away to kill this thing even if it killed him deep down! The Siren seemed to think that he was close enough and walked over amd scratches his cheek completely ignoring Neyan. The pain was just enough to let him automatically grab it's arm digging his clawed gloves into it deeply and not letting go.

He yanks the siren to the side holding it's neck making it choke looking very relieved that the singing stopped, then looking down to see Neyan holding onto him, "Errmm Neyan?" He smiles, "You can let go now." Laughing slightly, "I'm back to normal. We need to go find Leon. Now." He was worried about Leon, Neyan didn't seem to be effected which helped a bit. But still this was scary. He waits for when Neyan to let him go before he finishes off the siren with a lot of questions running through his head.

KingTyrant

As the thing came up from the water and laid a hand on Shyirin, she kicked from behind him, trying to get it off. "Don't you touch him!" She screamed, her warnings not very intimidating at all. She then closed her eyes tightly, trying to pull him back once more, and away from it. Thinking he was as good as dead, she was surprised to find that he regained consciousness long enough to grab the fowl creature, choking it out beneath the waves. However, she still held on for dear life, face pressed into his back.

When he looked back at her, telling her it was ok to let go, she blushed wide, and did so. "Oh... Y-Yeah... Right. Sorry." With a giggle, she scratched the back of her head. When Leon's name was mentioned, her eyes went wide. "Oh no... You're right... There could be more of those things!" With that, she turned and made a bolt for the center of town, where Leon said he was headed.

Upon reaching their destination, Neyan was panting after the long run, looking around at the market district, which smelled like a barn, or pure death and rot, more accurately. She toughed through the awful smell, hearing some noises withing the building to their side... A granary? She sprinted inside, looking around for their friend. "Leon!?" She called. After a moment, his gruff voice responded. "Up here!" Breathing out a sigh of relief, she charged up the stairs.

She jumped slightly as she was met with Leon's hulking figure, standing over another one of those creatures, dead before him. His sword was coated in blood, the crimson liquid splattered over his chestplate as he looked up at them. Smashed boxes were all over as well, holding fleece which was stained with its blood. "Sirens... Probably a lot of them, too." He said bluntly. "I think I figured out where all of those townspeople vanished off to."

Sheshia

Shyirin walks up the steps smelling blood and hearing Leon's voice, "Yeah found out the hard way." He says rather blandly. Picking a tiny bit of blood from the tips of his glove with his clean one. He scratches his neck, "I would be bird food in the sea by now if it wasn't for Neyan. Glad to see your okay Leon." Shyirin laughs a bit uneasily quickly giving Neyan a quick hug as a thanks. He kneels over to examine the siren's body. Leon sure did take good care in making sure it was definetly dead. Looking at Leon and Neyan, "Okay I want both your honest opinions." He picks up the body and examines the wings.

"Do you want to continue with this job? It is mighty dangerous obviously with just the three of us. Particularly if there is only one Neyan and two of us Leon. Unless Neyan casts a spell that can make her doubled." He looks at Neyan with a courious look, "Is that even possible Neyan?" Shyirin asks jokingly but he wondered if it was even possible as well. "Anyways the sirens are probably numerous, just like what Leon said, and we have no idea how many of those fuckers there are." Tossing the siren aside he sits down licking his finger and cleaning off the scratch on his check waiting for their responses patiently. He kinda knew what both of them were going to say but he wanted to make sure.

KingTyrant

Neyan blinked at his question, and began shuffling through her bag, looking for a particular spellbook. She didn't think any spell like that existed, but she was curious as well. It would make this job easier, that's for certain. After a moment of flipping pages and scanning the different spells, she closed the book and looked up at Shyirin blankly, shaking her head.

Leon seemed to glare at her for a minute before shaking his head, looking back at Shyirin. He crossed his arms. "We're here, aren't we? We've found out why these people went missing, now we've gotta find them. If they're even still alive." He told him confidently. "I'm not the type of guy to pussy out when things get tough. Are you? We'll kill every single last one of these uglies, if we have to. And we'll watch each other's backs too, packmate." He grunted. Neyan shrank where she stood. She still wanted to do this, but she was most certainly scared. "R-Right..." Her voice came out as a whimper.

Sheshia

Shyirin smiles,  "I should stop asking such questions. You two would always get a job done." He gives a slight thumbs up,  "Now we need a game plan." He scratches a picture in the floor.  "Those sirens might not be able to see out as well as we can at night if I'm thinking right." He was starting to mumble to himself thinking carefully.

Shyirib scratches his chin thinking with a blank look on his face,  "But Neyan can't see that well at night for this and with a fire we'll be ripe for the picking... " He looks at his friends,  "Feel free to pop in any time." He says calmy going back to thinking and drawing out plans and crossing them out,  "Just don't wanna do this blindly since we know what happened earlier."

Shyirin starts to scribble down some facts he has already experienced with the sirens and what occurred including theories and other info.

(Sorry this took so long XD had to get back into Shyirin mind set after playing two completely different characters for a while lol)

KingTyrant

The two watched Shyirin as he began to plan things out, glancing between each other as if neither of them had a single idea. Neyan glanced around the granary, eyes widening as she spotted a loose rope holding a crate of... Something. A smile spread across her face and she quickly ran over to grab it, tying it around her waist before running over to Shyirin. Leon narrowed his eyes at her in confusion.

Without a single warning, she tied the other end around Shyirin's waist, standing on her tippy-toes and resting her chin on his shoulder so she knew it was him. "Problem solved!" She giggled. They were now nicely tethered together, in tight, intricate knots that'd take a lot to undo. "Now there's no way I can be separated from you guys! You can be my eyes while I do... Neyan things!" She exclaimed, proud of her idea.

Leon scoffed, smirking. "Not bad... You made yourself useful." He commented, which had Neyan pouting and crossing her arms. "I try..." She grumbled softly. Her expression softened as she saw Leon grip his neck, grunting in slight pain. He pulled his hand back in front of him, blood resting in his palm. "Dammit... The thing got me." He hissed angrily. "Oh no... Let me help!" She stepped towards him, Leon backing off. "Get away from me with that witchcraft!"

Sheshia

(Sorry this took me longer than usual to reply D; got busy with things)

Shyirin was deep in thought when he notices Neyan coming up with an idea. She went over to get a rope and tied it around her and then went over to Shyirin who looked at her confused when she started to tie it around him, 'What are you doi-" Pausing once once Neyan explains her idea. He chuckles, "Good idea Neyan." He comments and was about to say something then Leon flinched in pain. That got Shyirin's attention immediately, smelling the metallic sent of blood on his palm made him worried particularly when Neyan tried to help him and he snapped at her.

He was on high alert now and nudges Neyan back a bit. Leon was hurting and he didn't want her to get hurt or worse. "Leon can we at least put something on it and check it? Like gauze and herbs. No magic involved at all." He asks calmly. Since Leon was like him hopefully it was not that bad but a neck wound could always be dicey and he would at least let him check it out hopefully.

KingTyrant

(Don't worry about it. It's all good.)

Leon glanced between the two of them, eyes narrowed and a hand placed over his neck. "Fine." He huffed, pulling his black hair to one side and revealing a light scratch on his neck. It didn't look too bad, and he wasn't bleeding bad enough to cause alarm, but there was no guarantee that it wasn't infected. Better safe than sorry...

Neyan nodded, giving a sigh. It'd be a chore to do this without a single healing spell, but she'd manage. Dropping to her knees, she shuffled through her satchel, grabbing various vials of pulpy, green substances, all labeled accordingly. She also grabbed her bandages.

Standing, she popped open the lids on a few of the vials, spreading the substances in a mixture around the wound. It stung, and prompted a grunt of discomfort from Leon. "Sorry! I have to make sure I get it in the wound... It'll clear out any bacteria and icky stuff." She said with a smile. Bandaging his neck, she stepped back. "Thanks... I guess." Leon said, rubbing the covered scratch tenderly.

Sheshia

Shyirin smiles thanking whatever gods he could think of off the top of his head that Leon let Neyan take care of his scratch. He wasn't worried about the wound then but afterwards was what he was worried about if left untreated, even though Leon could have been able to fight off an infection he thought.

He tugs at the rope a bit with his finger, "I'm guessing we could rest here for a little while longer if you guys don't mind before heading out to find those vultures nest or whatever the hell they live in." He says, "All we have to do is follow the stentch of death and bird after all hopefully."

He was not excited to find out where the towns peoples bodies were if they were dead. But if they were alive somewhere which was unlikely with what the sirens could do then Its better safe than soery if they do leave some alive in possibly a living hell on earth. "Besides birds can't see well in the dark unless you count a few species."

Tags: