Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A son's true home (SilverDragonsBlood) {COMPLETED}

Started by almighyxcavus, August 19, 2017, 08:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

Daverro stood tall against the new recruits, his scales reflecting the burning daylight as he shouted with a stern voice:
"I want 500 pushups, 600 situps, and 1000 crunches done before the end of the hour! If not, everyone in your barrack will be forced to clean my personal toilet for the next week!"
An entire army's worth of recruits about 500 strong stared at their commander with the same emotionless expression of obedience.
"SIR, YES SIR!"
Daverro took a steady walk back to his hut, stretching his wings on the way back to his hut. He took off his obsidian chest piece, and checked for any possible dents he might need to fix. A common routine for his masterworks since he wanted to keep them as ready as he could. As he was inspecting his arm guard he saw the reflection of the necklace that held the ring of his mother he had never met. He played with it for a bit before returning to his inspection.
Soon after a messenger on horseback came in along with the captain of the duchy.
He looked at Daverro with a an expression as if Daverro had killed his mother. The messenger spoke:
"Daverro, as a request from the Duke, he asks that you make attempt to make peace with an Adelan army coming just south from here. Adelans will gladly support the mages for the war thus we need all  the manpower we can attain. We will be sending a cavalry of reinforcements in the night just in case. Be wary, a spy sent by the mordecai, gave them false information as to your training establishment, they are led to believe you are training elite mordecai forces for the war. Please refrain from battle as best as possible, but if the Adelans are not ones for peace do not hesitate to use force to set them straight. Captain Guinasos here, will assist you in command if need be, he will also take over your role should you perish in bat-"
Guinasos interrupted:
"You better not die, you lazy bag of shite, I do NOT want to be stuck in your shitty forge for the rest of my life."
Daverros ignored the captain and turned towards the messenger-
"Relay this message to the duke:
I thank him for the information for if not we might've been overrun without notice, I will do my absolute best to make peace before any falsehoods distract from the truth. Thank you,"
The messenger galloped on his white horse back to the duke, Daverro turned to the captain-
"I appreciate your services good man, " Daverro stood tall and his voice became stern, "but if you are to question my lifestyle based off of what you see, you are no more of a man than these recruits here, you are NOT a captain on my training grounds, everyone is equal on these grounds no exceptions, but no one questions my orders otherwise they get burnt alive."
Guinasos gritted his teeth,
"Yes, Sir."
"Now, go tell the recruits to stop the exercise and prepare for battle, make sure to not get them to panic. We set for the mountains by sunrise, and you will be sleeping outside next to your horse, do I make myself clear?"
Gritting his teeth again:
"Yes, Sir."
The captain set to prepare the troops, Daverro finished his inspection and prepared for the night, patiently awaiting for the battle, it had been so long. But something felt odd about this one... 

Celegwen

Celegwen marched alongside an Elf foot soldier captain. The captain walked slightly behind her, as her rank as a Dragonrider greatly exceeded his own. "We received a notice earlier today that..."

"When earlier?" She asked, quickly stopping with her heels together. Her hands were behind her back, and she wore a stern expression.

The Elf captain stuttered slightly. "Well, it was just about an hour-"

"Why wasn't I notified immediately?" She looked at the letter and frowned. "The seal hasn't been broken, so why was I not immediately notified? Answer me, Captain. Were you taking a shit, or disobeying my rank?"

"I apologize, ma'am," he said, obviously nervous. "Won't happen again."

She took the letter and nodded. "I know."

Celegwen walked into her tent and saw Aithusa sitting on a chair with his feet on the wooden table. "You were a little harsh, love," he said.

She smirked, taking off her cape and tossing it on the back of the chair. "They only listen when they're shitting their pants."

As Celegwen broke the letter's seal, Aithusa blew onto a little candle and it immediately lit on fire. "What's it say?"

"Basically, there's an elite squad of soldiers being trained in the valley," she said, frowning. "We should get on that. Make use of these pathetic excuses for soldiers."

"Be nice to them. They're trying."

Celegwen huffed, shaking her head. "Nice doesn't make good soldiers! When was I ever 'nice' to you?"

Aithusa smiled sarcastically. "Well..."

"Oh, shut up," she said, smirking and putting her cape back on. She refastened her armguards and put her sword in its sheath. There was a protocol to how a Dragonrider was supposed to present herself to other soldiers, and she made sure to always live up to the expectations.

Aithusa walked out of the back of the tent and shifted into his dragon form, the rising moon reflecting off of his wings. Celegwen walked out and whistled loudly. Another captain galloped up to her on his horse, dismounting immediately. "Captain," he said, bowing his head.

She bowed her head and gestured to the camp. "We need to gather everyone. I have an-" Aithusa let out a piercing cry and spat a blast of fire into the air. Every soldier in the camp snapped to attention, and Celegwen grinned. "You know what? I think we're good." She stepped forward and clapped her hands twice. "Listen up! Now is your chance to prove your worth in this shitfest of a war! In the valley, there's a squad of men being trained by what I can only assume is a master. We are foreigners in their land, so no one is to shoot first. Is that understood?"

"Yes, captain!"

"Is that understood?

"YES, CAPTAIN!

Celegwen gave a three-note whistle drew her sword. "Into formation!" The officers all mounted and went to the front of their individual units. Celegwen climbed onto Aithusa's saddle and cracked her whip in the air. "Move out!"

The units started marching, and Aithusa took to the air with a roar that echoed off the surrounding mountains.

almighyxcavus

Daverro awoke to the sound of an army approaching in the night. He got up and grabbed the ring on his necklace to test if it was a dream or not, unfortunately it wasn't.
Whelp, there goes another good night's sleep.
Daverro rushed to get his armor on. He quickly walked over to the captain sleeping on his horse and lifted him by the forearm.
"Wake up you filthy piece of shite, we have an army coming through the mountains, ready the recruits within ten minutes or I will rip your head off your pretty shoulders!"
Guinasos forcibly released himself from Daverro's grasp, he headed for the barracks, while gritting his teeth:
"Yes, Sir."
Daverro soared upward to get an aerial view of the situation.
They're coming in from the south, I hear a dragon as well, if they're from Adela it must have a rider along with it.
Daverro nosedived to the ground, landing with a loud THUD to wake anyone up who might still be getting a secret nap in.
The army was set in formation in 9 minutes and 45 seconds.
The cavalry arrived just as the messenger said they would, but instead of reporting to Daverro as they should've the cavalry leader handed Guinasos a letter.
He looked up at Daverro with possibly the most vile grin he had ever seen.
"CAVALRY MEN, FORMATION!"
Guinasos stomped over to Daverro, handing him the letter.
"No.. NO.."
"Yes."
The captain punched Daverro square in the jaw causing him to bleed a little.
"You answer to me now, you mage loving shitface."
He spat at the dragon, getting him right in the eye, how disgusting.
"Now I want you to go to the back of the formation like the shitty soldier you are and wait for orders."
Daverro, as much as he wanted to absolutely burn this man alive in the worst way possible, went to the back of formation fully armored and sword sheathed on his back, the plume from his helmet made him look very out of place... along with his height.
"ALRIGHT MEN, YOUR NEW COMMANDER IS HERE, AND THAT IS ME, AND MY ORDERS ARE THAT WE MARCH UP THE MOUNTAIN, AND KILL THESE MAGE-LOVING BASTARDS! WHOS WITH ME?"
"SIR, YES, SIR."
"MAAAAARCH!"
The army of cavalry and recruits proceeded up the mountains with more dedication than ever before seen, their first battle excited everyone. Daverro marched in formation emotionless, trying to avoid letting his emotions cloud his thinking. The army reached trail just under the peak of the mountain waiting for the Adelans to face their unknown peril.
The captain noticed the giant white dragon in the distance.
Oooh, Dragon meat, sounds tasty. This will be exciting.

Celegwen

From the aerial view, Celegwen was able to get a decent read on the size of the opposing army. The orders she gave were to not fire first, so the soldiers halted a little ways below the mountain top. Celegwen and Aithusa flew high, getting a look at what they were up against.

These particular mage soldiers were powerful, especially masters, but not even the first mage ever was powerful enough to bring down a dragon. Dragons were made of the magic of the land itself. They are magic. Even if these were elite soldiers, Aithusa would be at almost no risk.

They circled around once and returned. Aithusa hovered just above the ground and Celegwen made a few hand signals to the officers. They put their right fists to their chests, bowing their heads. Aithusa took to the air again and flew to the west, landing among a few close mountain spikes.

The Adelan army raced to the top of the hill, ready to meet the adversary.

almighyxcavus

Captain Guinasos turned to his army.
"ALRIGHT MEN, ITS TIME TO KILL SOME PIECE OF SHITE MAGES, CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGEEE!"
The army rushed down the hill, unknowingly to their own doom. The captain looked up at the white dragon with an evil grin.
This'll be a good kill.
Guinasos might've been the cockiest and most arrogant asshole in the world. But he knew how to throw a spear, hard. Implanting itself into an old gash into the dragon's thigh.
Daverro soared into the sky, unfortunately he was loyal to his duke, he soar over the Adelan army, and with one slice of his obsidian broadsword, he cleared a decent chunk from the army.
He landed on a nearby rock and propelled himself back into the air to face the dragon. It was enormous, but nothing Daverro couldn't handle, he soared to where the spear had implanted itself, and with a mid-air barrel roll kick, he sent the spear further into the wound. He circled the dragon at a ridiculous speed, his necklace and the ring flapping in the wind.

Celegwen

Aithusa let out an ear-piercing screech, creating a powerful wind with his wings.

The Adelan army was able to hold its own against the soldiers without the dragon man to deal with, but Celegwen knew that he had to be taken care of for them to have a chance. Celegwen slid off of Aithusa's back and ripped the spear from his leg. He winced, but it was no more than a splinter once it was gone.

Aithusa took to the air without Celegwen on his back. The speed of the dragon man's flight could almost match Aithusa's own speed, so he closed his eyes and remembered an old friend's teachings. He listened for the attacker instead of trying to follow him with sight.

With an incredibly accurate swipe of his large hand, the white dragon smacked the dragon man out of the sky and onto the ground. It wasn't enough to cause any severe injury, but it was definitely enough to knock the wind out of him. Celegwen jumped up, drawing her sword and swinging at him. They both were incredibly skilled, neither one able to land a single hit.

Aithusa flew over the battlefield, massive clouds of fire and smoke erupting from his mouth onto the enemy army. The dragon man took to the air, and Celegwen sheathed her sword, running toward the battle. She heard a small chink! under her foot and stopped.

What the hell?

Celegwen knelt down and picked up the tarnished silver chain necklace. Her eyes widened and her eyes teared when she saw the weather ring with the cracked red jewel. "Aithusa!" She cried.

The screaming and sounds of war drowned her voice. Her heart was racing as she saw Aithusa readying his fire again. She whipped an arrow out of her quiver and aimed at her husband. It wouldn't be enough to cause too much harm, but it would definitely get his attention. She let it fly and hit him in the shoulder.

He knocked the dragon man out of the way and flew toward Celegwen, landing in front of her. "Don't hurt-"

The dragon man landed right near them with his blade drawn. Celegwen stepped forward and drew her sword. The man had an interesting mixture of rage and frustration in his eyes. She dropped her sword on the ground, lowered to her knees, and held up her hands, the ring on the necklace clearly visible in her left hand.

almighyxcavus

Daverro removed his helmet, he stared into the woman's mismatching eye's for a moment. Her gesture was nothing of any Adelan Daverro had ever faced. He was beyond confused as to why she would order a gigantic white dragon to not hurt him as well as the fact this woman randomly ceased her combat to show Daverro his own ring.
Why would this Adelan stop fighting, unless... No, it's impossible.
"I don't know what kind of an Adelan you are to cease your fighting, but I demand you draw your sword and face me like a true soldier!"
Daverro readied his broadsword, dropping his helmet onto the ground.
"COME ON, FIGHT ME."

Celegwen

Celegwen dropped all of her weapons, except her whip which was used more for giving directions and commands. She dropped her cape on the ground and stood, stepping on the Dragonrider crest. "Aithusa," she said, snapping her fingers.

He shifted into his human form and stood where he was behind her. Once again, she lowered to her knees with her hands raised, and he cautiously and puzzledly did the same. "Gwen..." he whispered warningly.

She removed all of her armor, dropping it to the ground and holding the ring out to him. "I won't fight you," she whispered. "This is going against everyone of training I ever received, but I'm not going to fight you."

almighyxcavus

No, No, no, no, NO. I WAS TOLD THEY WERE KILLED THE DAY I WAS BORN THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.
"FIGHT ME YOU COWARDS, I MAY NOT SUPPORT CALENT IN THE SLIGHTEST BUT ILL BE DAMNED IF I KILL A DRAGONRIDER OF ALL THINGS DISHONORABLY, STAND AND FIG-"
Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Captain Guinasos charging with his sword in the air.
"MY FIRST DRAGONRIDER KILL, THEY'LL MARK MY NAME IN HISTORY!"
Just as Guinasos was about to slice the shapeshifting dragon's head off, in a speed that was only comparable to Ravathos of Yoreiq, Daverros had completely split Guinasos and his horse in half.
"Cunt."
"I'll ask one more time before I send your head back to Adela where it belongs. Why, the hell won't you fight!"
Daverro was ready to complete cut the pair in half without hesitation.

Celegwen

Celegwen's heart was racing, but Aithusa couldn't for the life of him figure out what was going on. The Elf stood, motioning for Aithusa to do the same.

"My name is Captain Celegwen Perkhimote," she said officially. "This is my dragon partner and husband, Aithusa."

"Gwen, what the hell are-"

Celegwen snapped her head around, silencing Aithusa immediately. She looked at the dragon man and held out the cracked ring once again. "I'm going to ask you one question. If it's not the answer I'm looking for, I promise I will not hesitate in taking you prisoner. I won't kill you, but it will be much worse." She took a breath and swallowed nervously, preparing herself for any possible answer. "Where did you get this ring?"

almighyxcavus

It's impossible...
Daverro looked at the ring, he frantically scrambled at his neck, just now noticing that the chain was completely gone.
"I doubt you would be able to take me prisoner first and foremost without receiving some fatal wounds. Second, I've had that on my neck ever since I was born here in Connloath it belonged to my mother but she and my father were killed as soon as I was born, I was told that no matter what, no one could ever make me let go of that necklace without getting completely roasted alive. I've never taken it off, and the fact that you have it only makes me want to slice your head right off your soldiers."
Daverro was getting extremely impatient, especially with all the fighting still going on down below.

Celegwen

"I have a proposition for you," Celegwen said, glancing back at Aithusa, who had an obviously frustrated expression.

She glared at him, silently telling him to trust her.

"You just killed the man I assume was in charge of your army. You call off your army, and I'll call off of mine. I think we need to have a talk."

She started walking over to Aithusa, but stopped short. "As a token of good faith... She handed the ring to him. "Trust me," she said. Aithusa shifted into his dragon form, and Celegwen situated herself on the saddle. He took to the air, immediately landing in the middle of the fighting.

At her command, all of Celegwen's officers and remaining soldiers laid down their weapons and stopped fighting.

almighyxcavus

What is with this woman...
Daverro grabbed the head of his captain, or at least what he could, and lifted it into the sky.
"SOLDIERS OF CONNLAOTH, YOUR UNFAITHFUL CAPTAIN WAS SLAIN BY ME, THIS IS AN ACT OF TREASON BY CONNLAOTHIAN LAW, BUT I CAN SAFELY ASSUME NO WILL SPEAK OF HIS DEATH, DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!"
"SIR, YES, SIR!"
"I ORDER ALL CAVALRY MEN AND WOMEN, AND RECRUITS, TO BURRY THE BODIES OF THE FALLEN ALONGSIDE WITH YOUR ENEMIES, AND RETURN TO YOUR BARRACKS UNTIL I ARRIVE IN THE MORNING FOR EXERCISES, TAKE A LOOK BACK ON THIS DAY, AND SWEAR TO NEVER DEFEND THAT BASTARD CALENT EVER AGAIN, DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!"
"SIR, YES, SIR!"
The army began what they were ordered to, Daverro still frustrated at this woman, almost missed sheathing his blade.
"Well, that would've a bad scar to have. I need to calm down." he said to himself.
Daverro sheathed his sword properly this time around, and headed for a tent the dragon was standing outside of, he entered and saw the woman sitting on a pristine leather couch, from the look of the tent she looked to be a long time leader in the riders.
Daverro placed his helmet on the table, the white plume falling down to where his feet were.
"What is this "talk" about? Calent? I want to murder the bastard if that's what you wondering."

Celegwen

Celegwen smiled, shaking her head. "If that was what this was about, we're without a doubt on the same side."

She gestured to the chairs or the other side of the couch. "This actually has absolutely nothing to do with the war. Have a seat wherever you'd feel most comfortable."

Tucking loose strands of hair behind her ears, she took a deep breath, trying to slow her racing heart. "Actually, I wanted to speak with you on a more personal topic. That ring... It's unmistakable. Last time I saw it was over twenty years ago. Tell me a little bit more about it? What do you know of your parents?"

almighyxcavus

Daverro sat up in his chair, the white dragon shifted into his human form and walked inside standing next to the woman.
Its not true...
"Look m'am, I already told you, I've had that ring since I was a child, I've always had it on a silver chain necklace. I never took it off, until now apparently. As far as my parents goes, I've already told you, they died when I was born. I'm an orphan raised in the prestigious city of Connlaoth serving as a blade to the duke before the bastard Calent came into play. That's everything I know."
Daverro was getting flustered.

Celegwen

Aithusa felt Celegwen's extreme energy and placed his hand on her shoulder, gently stroking her arm. Celegwen blinked away the tears threatening her eyes.

"I, um... My father created that ring with his own hands," she said. "He cracked it during a fight with my brother. He gave it to me on his deathbed, and I... Well, I gave it to my infant son."

almighyxcavus

This... can't... be... they... should... be... dead.
Daverro was at a loss for words.
"I-I-I, No, this can't be true, my parents were killed the day I was born. They had birthed the abomination that I am, they were the reason why everyone hated me. Because I was different, they were killed because they had birthed something that couldn't fit anywhere into society. You must be mistaking this ring with something else. I'm sorry, but a random woman coming up to me in the middle of battle claiming to be my mother, when I've known she and my father had been for years, good sob story. Now tell me the truth of why you're here and the real reason you wanted to talk to me, or I'm slicing you in half."
Daverro stood ready to slaughter everything within a 10 mile radius with his rage.

Celegwen

"Take a breath, kid," Aithusa said, standing up with his arm out defensively. "No one needs to get hurt. We put down our weapons and protocol calls for you to do the same."

Celegwen stood, placing her hand on Aithusa's arm. "No," she said. "I'm not making anyone do anything, nor would I expected you to believe me immediately. That aspect you got from him."

"Gwen, maybe the ring isn't-"

"My father gave that ring to me with his last breaths!" Celegwen snapped. "I'm not mistaken! Everyone, just please relax. We're civilized!"

Aithusa leaned against one of the poles and Celegwen sat down. "I'm so sorry about how you grew up. If you believe anything that I say, believe that was never what I wanted for you."

almighyxcavus

Daverro looked at the two in disgust.
"What the hell are you talking about, I don't know if this has gotten through to your head, respectfully m'am, but my parents are dead. What I wanted for you? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Look, all I know is a cracked red jewel on a ring that you claim is yours, is not going to convince me in the slightest im sorry. I'm pretty sure you have the wrong person."
Daverro stormed out the tent, leaving his helmet behind. He soared through the night sky trying to take it everything had just happened, he cleared the mountaintops and returned to his hut where he was able to take off all of his armor finally and get some rest.
It's impossible, I don't even look like either of them, and yet they come in just to attempt to convince me that two random strangers are my dead parents. My ass.

Celegwen

After losing her son twenty-five years ago, watching him walk out of his own choice wasn't something she was prepared for. Aithusa was still skeptical about the solidity of Celegwen's case, but he knew the ring was definitely hers. Whether or not he was actually their child was another issue.

"You don't believe me," she said.

"Hey," he said, combing through her hair, "I will always believe you. You just can't go up to a young man and claim to be his dead mother with nothing to base it on but a ring."

She scoffed, wiping a stray tear from her cheek. "Well, what do you suggest then? Take him out to dinner and a play?"

"Yes!"

"I was being sarcastic!"

Aithusa chuckled. "I wasn't! Look, Gwen, he's confused and angry and probably doesn't want to believe it. How did you feel when your father died? If one day someone showed up claiming to be your father, I think that would open some issues you worked hard to resolve! He's a lost kid. Honestly, don't push it. Just spend time with him."

She frowned, picking up the feather that had fallen from his helmet and running it through her fingers. "Can you track him?"

"You aren't coming with me," he said, picking up the helmet.

As the sun rose in the morning, Aithusa tracked Daverro's scent from his helmet to a hut in the mountains. He knocked twice at the door and smirked when Daverro opened it. "You left this."

Tags: