Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Comfortable existence...most of the time.

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2006, 10:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She smiled at his compliment.  It certainly wasn't a name one heard often, was it?

She did recognize the path, and she knew it well.  Felyn'afay seemed to know it as well...how many times had he walked down this path, or even to her home?  How long had she been watched?

She frowns a little.  "....this is the only article of clothing I have," she says.  "I'm not exactly....blessed with money."

Anonymous

A slightly surprised look came over his calm eyes. That was a problem...  And shops weren’t usually open this time a night.  Hmmm...  Inconvenient...  "O-oh..." he replied, thinking of what to do about it.  Things just weren’t going right tonight...  He held back another sigh and then...BUCKET!  His foot walked right through the handle of the pail and he stumbled for a moment.  He was taken off guard and right in front of her, no less.  Catching his balance, he stopped.  His embarrassed eyes soon calmed and he tried to keep his cool.  Just great...

Anonymous

She gasps and reaches out to him when he walks right into the pail, biting her lower lip and wincing.  He hadn't tripped or fallen, nor did he seem hurt, but she still held the cloak shut with one hand and touched his arm with the other.  "Are you alright?" she asks.  That kind of noise could wake some of the lighter sleepers in the neighborhood, and she didn't want that.

Anonymous

"Y-yeah..." he said, almost jittery.  How was he going to explain that??  'Oh, yeah, I'm blind'?  That was stupid.  She had grabbed him and without thinking, he latched on to her arm for a moment while he leaned and pulled the bucket from his ankle. Setting it down against a wall.  He had to be careful finding the wall though. Every move he took gave away his handicap, but he still want about to go ahead and tell her for no reason. Then he realized he was still holding onto her and let go.  What the hell was he supposed to say??  His ebony skin hid the blush on his cheeks in the night light.

Anonymous

She watched his movements carefully.  There was no denying it now.  He was definitely blind.  It was almost saddening that he was.  He could obviously take care of himself, but still, to be blind....

She didn't allow his sudden release of her arm to deter her.  He was embarassed; what for?  For being blind, for depending on her, even for a moment?  ....was there something else to his embarassment....?  She mentally shook her head.  Nevermind that now, she had to ask him, but carefully, so as not to offend or hurt him.

"Felyn'afay," she says, gently replacing her hand, allowing an understanding and comforting vibe to pass between them via her palm on his arm, "....you....you're blind, aren't you?"

Anonymous

His face turned away, his eyes dim as she placed her hand on him.  A moment of silence passed.  "No..." he answered short but almost fragile.  His eyes avoided her now, until he regained his composure.  But even after that he wasn’t comfortable looking at her.  He lied right through his teeth, but was it a 'no, I'm not' or 'no, I'm not talking about it'?  He could only stand there.  She held his arm gently, and he felt it too rude to rip away from her.  What to do now...??  Oh, clothes!  That’s right.  She needed clothes.  Or she would have to come with him in what she wore now.  Ether way would work.  He just figured she'd prefer to change first.  But if she were willing to go like that, then he wouldn’t stop her.  She was touching him...  Gah!  Stop that!  He tried to focus more.

Anonymous

She let out a little sigh.  He was lying about it....but then again, she *was* a stranger.  Why would someone admit that sort of disability to a stranger?  She released his arm and returned her hand to the cloak, and decided to change the subject.

"So...will we still be returning to my home, or will you be taking me to wherever it is you're supposed to take me?" she asks.  She had more questions that she wanted to ask about where she was going.  He had said it would be safe, but how safe, and in what way?  Who would be there?  Were they friend or foe to her?  She wanted to know...but the questions could wait for now.

Anonymous

Aww, she let go...  Dammit! He slapped himself mentally.  Then Temesca asked another question to change the subject.  Hmmm...  He was still thinking about that.   "...That depends...  Do you wish to change?  Or do you mind wearing that still?" He asked.  It was technically wrong to make her stay like that.  Or at least he thought so anyway.  So what was he thinking??  He shouldn't have even asked her that...  Wait!  He had an idea.  Just when Temesca spoke, he placed a finger over her lips.  But the way he did so was unusual.  He didn’t want to hit the wrong part of her face so his hand came from the side slowly, and this is what gave Temesca the time to start her answer.  He grazed across her cheek softly and traveled across her skin to find her lips before pressing his index finger against them.  His movements were so smooth and light.  His eyes then looked at her again.  "Never mind...  Don't answer that."  Her lips were soft... Gah!  "I-I'll find you something." His voice barely jumped again.  

Again, it took him a moment to release her lips, not wanting to let go, so she might have reacted in some way that might have made him a little more nervous.  He turned forward again, but took Temesca's hand this time.  He walked with her, changing his path toward a more wealthy side of town.  He held her hand gently, trying to ignore it entirely.  Please be no buckets, please be no buckets!  Why was he acting so weird...??  They came across the nicer houses, but they were all the same to him.  He just knew that they were nicer over here from experience.  Was he going to steal something?  And if so, how would he if he couldn’t see the clothing??  It seemed that he was, but they continued to walk.  Gradually, the houses became less fancy and more simple.  Where were they going?  Was he looking for easier clothing??  

They came upon one small, cozy house in particular and he turned off his path and headed up to the front door.  What was he doing?  With Temesca still in hand, he placed his other on the doorknob and it lit up for a moment and a small click was heard and the door unlocked.  After slowly opening the door, he walked her into the dark home.  Was he breaking in??  He was sure calm about this...  He closed the door behind them and it clicked again, and then guided her through the darkness and into a bedroom.  With no lamps on, It was hard to see.  She was probably dependant on his knowledge, but...how did HE know where he was going??  Bringing her to the bed, he turned her to facer him and placed his hands on her shoulders.  "Sit." He said gently, pushing her down a little so she sat.  It was more to help her since she would have trouble not bumping anything.

He walked away from her then, and into more darkness.  What was he doing??  After a moment, a small flame lit the area where he was, coming from his palm.  He tipped a small lamp into it, transferring the flame and then he walked the lamp over to the closet in front of her from where she sat on the bed.  He placed it on a nightstand and then sat beside her on the bed.  He sat a little close though, causing them to slide together.  His face was close to hers for the moment, but he couldn’t tell in the least.  He blinked and then let it go and his hand gesture over to the closet.  "It's not much, but I'm sure you'll find something to wear.  I shouldn’t be too much bigger than you." OH!  This was HIS house!  That would explain him knowing his way around and the lack of lighting.  

Wow, it was actually kind of nice.  You wouldn’t think someone like him would have such a general home.  His clothing selection wasn’t bad either.  He was a nice dresser!  The clothes weren’t too fancy, but he did have taste, for being blind, that is.  "I'm sure you can find something feminine..."He stopped at the last word he said for just an instant.  He couldn’t believe he just said that...  "...that you might find more preferable..." he finished, felling really embarrassed, but hiding the most of it really well.  He sure had interesting taste.  Must be a Drow thing...or maybe he was just expressive.  Well, whatever the caser, his offer was extremely kind and hospitable.  

(WOOT  Hows that fer somethin ta post to! ^^ hehe)

Anonymous

She had wanted to reply, though she wasn't sure what she would say, but then Felyn'afay touched her, running his finger lightly across her cheek to her lips.  Thankfully his hands went nowhere else on her face, because she felt her cheeks light up at having his finger there.  She was at a loss for what to say or do.

He slowly pulled his finger away, then took her hand in his, which surprised her, and started leading her along a road.  She watched as they passed the wealthy homes, then went into the middle-class neighborhood, and walked right up to another home.  She took in a quick sweep of it as Felyn'afay got the door opened and pulled her in.  From what she saw, it was a nice, modest dwelling, perfect for one or two individuals to live in.

He sat her on a bed, then lit a lamp and sat next to her.  She felt the flush return to her cheeks at his close proximity, but didn't try to hide it for her certainty of his disability.  She looked over at his closet after he spoke.  "You're sure that'd be alright?" she asked.  "I-I mean, I can get them back to you later, and they'll be clean," she says, feeling her heart sink as she realizes that she hadn't washed in a week or so, and suddenly felt like she was dirtying everything she touched, even the handsome young drow assassin.

Anonymous

Oh, that’s right!  Dirty!  She was still covered in dry blood and probably dirt from the floor earlier.  "Yeah.  It's plenty all right.  Oh, you can shower if you like." He mentioned, completely forgetting until she said something.  "I-I mean, you're covered in blood, and they were on you..." he trailed off, not wanting to remind her.  He couldn’t even tell that she was dirty.  In fact, she smelt nice.  

Fel then got up and walked through a doorway leading into the bathroom from the bedroom.  "I'll ready you a bath." He said softly.  He lit another lamp and readied a bath.  The house was indoor plumbed, something not usually seen, especially in such a common house.   In fact, the lights would have been upgraded too, if he had use for them.  He just had simple lamps for anyone else he might have invited.  After the water was running, he came back out and stood beside Temesca.  He had a towel in hand for her and stood patiently, hoping she'd accept his offer.  Why did he care so much??  Usually he wouldn’t do a damn thing, but with her, it was different.  Why??  

Well, he knew she knew he was blind, no mater how much he would deny it, and so he caved in.  "Don't worry, I won't look." He said softly, almost embarrassed, though he hid it mostly well.

Anonymous

She takes the towel from him, murmuring "thank you" softly, then rises and steps around him, going to the bathroom.  She didn't care that he was blind; stripping down like that before a man was just plain indecent.

She drops her tattered dress on the floor next to the washtub and steps in, feeling shivers go up her spine at the warm water.  She smiled softly.  This felt nice...a warm bath.  She basks in the feeling for a few moments, then grabs a washcloth and the bar of soap and begins to scrub her body, occasionally scrubbing at her hair with her sudsy hands as well.  ((She turned off the water when it got high enough.))

Anonymous

Felyn Sat on the bed and sighed when she took her leave into the bathroom.  He gave her privacy, but was glad she didn’t change in front of him.  That would have felt weird.  There was no door on the bathroom. The only door was the front.  His house was small, practically one room.  When he was sure she was away, he smiled under his mask.  Why was he smiling??  He couldn’t help it.  He sighed softly again, convincing himself he was smiling at how stupid he was acting.  He took his cloak that she left on his bed and put it back on, leaving the hood down for now.  It smelled nice, like her...  He caught himself again and was about to rip it off, but stopped himself as soon as his hand grabbed at the collar.  His eyes saddened and he sighed once more, letting go and hunching over.  He was being immature...  He needed to relax.  

He cupped his hands over his face and the slid his hands to rub his temples while he took a deep breath and exhaled.  Yeah, there was noting to get all worked up about.  It was just silly.  He rubbed his tired eyes and sat patiently, taking in her light scent.

Anonymous

She washed herself, taking the time to really get her body and hair clean.  It took her longer than she would have liked, but something about Felyn...she wanted to impress him.  Of course, that made very little sense--she'd only just met him, and he had killed four men right before her eyes, but he seemed....sweet, deep down, and had gone so far as to take her into his home and offer her clothes, a bath...he had things much better than she did.

She finished cleaning up and got out, pulling the drainage plug, then dried her hair and body with the towel, wrapping it around her chest when she was done.  She lets out a sigh, bracing herself, then walks back towards Felyn's bed area, where he was sitting with his cloak wrapped about his shoulders, hunched over, as though in thought.

Anonymous

He heard her come out and sat up straight, looking in her general direction.  His earrings dangled softly when he tuned his head, his smile now gone behind his mask.  "Choose what suits you." He said softly.  He sat there still, letting her take whatever she wanted.  "And take your time.  I'm in no hurry to leave." He had to think about that last part.  He wasn’t in a hurry, but to him, it sounded like he wanted to stay there with her.  He felt weird now.  Just to be nice, Fel stood and walked around to the opposite end of the bed and faced away from her.  He was comfortable standing.  Why should he go out of his way to make her relaxed?  He wondered that a lot.  What made her different from his other tasks??  

For no reason at all, he turned to gaze in her direction.  He couldn’t see, but he knew she was there.  Why?  There was no need to look at her...  He was curious suddenly.  And now he really did wish he could see her.  See the girl that made him feel so weird.  Seriously...  He'd been following her for a while now, and felt nothing until actually meeting her.  This made him frown slightly.  Quit being soft!  He turned away again and stared off into nothing, his eyes saddened a little.

Anonymous

She nods, forgetting for the moment that he couldn't see her, and pads over to the closet.  She holds the towel shut over her body with one hand and opens the closet with the other, then tries to go through the clothes, but finds it difficult to see.  She glances over her shoulder, bites her lower lip when she sees Fel's turned back, then returns her free hand to the towel, holding it shut more out of instinct and modesty than any real need.

She walks around to the other side of the bed and grabs the lamp he had lit earlier, and takes advantage of the light to look him over as she passed him again.  He had replaced the mask...how disappointing.  She liked his face, and it was so much easier to believe that he was significantly older than she was when the mask was off...why did she not want to believe that?

She realizes that she had slowed to a stop to look at him, then blushes and continues back to the closet, setting the lamp down where the light would be cast on its' contents.

Anonymous

It was silent for the while, then he heard he little pitter-patter on the floor and knew she was coming around him.  She came past him to grab the lamp, but she stopped.  What was she doing?  He blinked, gazing over at where she was, curious as to why she stood there without saying a word.  It was awkward.  "You all right?" he asked gently before she walked away. Okay...  That was weird.  His face followed her back, wondering what that was all about.  His eyes then relaxed and he let it go, turning away again.  

A strange though ht him and he decided he was going to get a drink.  He walked off around the dark corner and into the kitchen.  He set his mask down on the counter and opened the icebox.  He pulled out some fresh drinking water and poured it into a glass.  Once finished, he grabbed an apple from a basket on the counter and took a bite.  Okay, so he was hungry too.

Anonymous

She went through the clothes in the closet.  No skirts...well, she shouldn't have expected any, but still, she had hoped that there'd be at least one.  Well, no matter.  She would just deal with his dark clothes until she could get her dress clean...and fixed.  She sighed as she thought of the tattered pile of fabric next to her dusty boots in Felyn's bathroom.  'I may be borrowing these clothes for longer than I want,' she thought, then pulled out a pair of baggy black pants and a long-sleeved, pale grey shirt, both obviously meant for men, but comfortable.  She held them to her betoweled chest and glanced in Felyn's direction, then quickly dashed into the bathing area to change.

She stepped out looking like she was going to bed, though not many people took the time to put their hair into a french braid down the back of their head before they went to sleep.  She had a feeling she'd be out late, so she figured that she ought to look somewhat nice.  A few short, wispy hairs were already falling in her face.  Her dress, or what was left of it, was folded in her arms, and her boots thudded softly on the floor as she slowly walked towards Felyn'afay in the kitchen.

She stopped not too far from him.  "Thank you for the clothes and the bath," she said, unable to keep her shame from her voice.

Anonymous

He heard her footsteps coming around when she was finished.  He was done with his apple and drank some water.  She thanked him and he heard the shame.  He was good at hearing people. He had to be.  He nodded his head slightly. "It's okay." He felt a little bad now.  Would it be right to tell her not to feel bad?  She seemed to not like needing help from anyone.  Like she thought of herself as in the way.  Wow...  He got all that just from her speaking now??  He was silent for a moment.  His hand reached into the basket again quietly.  "Apple?" he held it out to her.  

When she reached for the apple, he placed his other hand on top of hers and just waited.  He didn't say anything or move.  He just held her hand down on the apple.  "Don't feel bad..." he said softly, his eyes gazing at her.  "I know you can't help it..." What the hell was he supposed to say?? I'm sorry you're poor?  That sounded awful.  "Just...don't.  Okay?" He had no idea if he was making any sense.

Anonymous

She flushed and shifted under his gaze, focusing instead on his hand atop hers, but that did nothing to abate her blush.  He was warm...and torn.  Confused...?  No, not confused, just unsure about something.  His words were a comfort nonetheless, so she nods.  "I'll try."

Anonymous

That went well...  He let her have the apple, removing his hand from hers slowly.  His mask was still off and the light shimmered from around the corner on his face.  "Now, we will get going when you're done."  That’s really all he could tell her.  He wasn’t told why she was needed.  All he was told was to bring her finally.  After keeping a watch on her this whole time.  "Water?" he asked almost randomly.