Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Walking Metal Detector 【OPEN】

Started by WallyD, November 02, 2017, 09:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

The sun had begun to set; the sun washed the sky into a range of colors: orange, red, pink, and purple. It was beautiful and would most definitely hypnotize anyone who saw it. Except for one sleepy person.

Down below the bright heavens, a lone figure dragging it's feet through the sand. Their head rolled around as if the neck was broken. Canary sighed, struggling to keep their eyes open. It was quite difficult and their eyes kept fluttering shut only to shoot back open when they found something.

Canary was looking for metal, either it be coins or scrap, both ment money. They had been out on the beach for hours, their magic surged through the sand, searching for whatever metallic item Canary could get their hands on.

Once and a while, they would indeed find something. The metal would shoot up through the sand and up into the air, landing near by. Or, in some cases, would shoot up and smack Canary in the face, starting them awake. It was beginning to leave a mark.

Canary continued, their shoulders started to sag lower and lower. Right up to the point that Canary stopped moving and sluggishly laid down on the sand, falling asleep.

almighyxcavus

Charrie: Zaikaria, Feathered Dragon of the Desert   ;D

Zaikaria had left her usual tavern a lot earlier than she would've liked to. Although the desert's sunset was a beautiful sight to always gaze upon, she always preferred walking under the stars. She adored the stars, especially when she could see her brother flying across the night sky in his astral form. Always the hero. I hope you guys are happy up there. She would say to herself every night. But she could make do with the sunset.

She looked around for a moment making sure no one saw her transformation. Although her siblings were very open to shifting forms in front of others. Zaikaria kept that to herself, she had the fear of scaring anyone away. Coast is clear. She shifted into her massive dragon form and dove under the sand.

Her speed in sand was unparalleled, she could cross the entire desert within an hour. As she was "swimming" through she wound up stopping for a moment. Before she knew it she was yanked out of the ground with an abnormal amount of force.

In the midst of the sand falling she shifted back into her human form for safe measure. She landed on her buttocks whilst rubbing it as well. She looked up and saw a blond woman. "H-Hello there."

Oh please tell me she didn't see her dragon form...

WallyD

Canary opened their eyes, blinking. They were now covered in sand and was unsure why. Canary slowly sat up, looking as though they were a doll being forced to sit up after falling over. Their head snapped back, their eyes closed once again, and finally sighed.

Canary opened their eyes again and looked around. There was a very beautiful woman sitting next to her. She wore a lot of gold and Canary noticed the gem on her forehead. Canary squinted at the woman, unsure if they were dreaming. The woman then spoke, a confirmation that it was not a dream. There was a moment of silence before Canary realized the woman was waiting for Canary to say something.

"Hi," Canary slurred, still tried. They started to stand, staggering a little, and started to brush the sand off on their clothes. "Where...did you com' from?"

almighyxcavus

She's a little shy too, just play it cool. Zaikaria got up slowly and laced her hands together behind her back. "Uhh.. I was coming from the tavern back from the main town. I usually leave later at night but I wound up leaving earlier than expected.

Zaikaria looked down and brushed the sand off her white dress. She looked back up to the woman and spoke once more: "My name is Zaikaria... how about you?"

WallyD

Canary rubbed their eyes, getting the sand and sleep out of it. They yawned again.

"I'm Canary." They said dropping their hands by their side. "I was looking... Did you kick sand on me?"

They squinted their eyes at Zaikaria. They didn't actually care, but it was still nice to know what happened. Other wise it would keep Canary awake all night.

almighyxcavus

Zaikaria placed her hand on the back of her head and nervously chuckled. "Yeah, uh lets go with that." CRISIS AVERTED THANK GOODNESS.

She looked at Canary placing her  hand back to her side. "Now that I think about it, what are you doing out here so far? Plus aren't you at least hungry? You look like you've been aimlessly walking for a while."

Barring the awkward introduction, Zaikaria was now genuinely interested in why this woman seemed to be out in the middle of the desert for what seems to be a whole days time at this point.

WallyD

As if on cue, Canary's stomach growled.

"Huh, it appears that I am indeed hungry." They said looking down at the growl. Then looked back up, "I'm use to it. I'll eat soon. I believe I do have enough for a room and a meal for a day or two."

almighyxcavus

I can't just let her just wander aimlessly though... Come on Zai! Man up for goodness's sake! Zaikaria breathed in deeply then exhaled. "Regardless I can't let you stay out here all on your own. As a gua-"

Almost as if on queue, Zaikaria slapped herself across the face before finishing her sentence. "As a respected member of the Essyrn community, I can't just leave you out here to starve no matter what you say. I just came from a tavern not too far from here, and thankfully it's about to be night so we'll have a smooth journey back. Heck I can probably get a Kaadir to come and get us if need be. Whadya say?"

Zai was hell bent on trying not reveal her true form. Her irrational fear was only fortified by the fact of what she heard about her nephew Kiron and how he grew in Connlaoth. Although she had been apart of the desert for 4000 years, she only ever revealed her true form to the people she trusted or if drastic measures needed to be taken.

WallyD

Canary shrugged, ignoring the fact that Zaikaria slapped herself. Everyone was weird in some way. Besides, company wasn't bad. In fact, they might enjoy it. People tend to ignore Canary, unless Canary falls asleep in their way. Then its all yelling and spitting. It was a relief to have someone who wasn't going to yell. Or maybe she does yell but so far Canary thought it was a pretty good deal.

"Fin' by me. Lead the way, I guess." They said, their shoulders slouching as their eye's drooped. "If we don't get moving, I might fall asleep again."

almighyxcavus

Zaikaria gave a slight sigh of relief. Falling asleep? hmmmmm She pondered the fact heavily in her head.

"Actually, if you want to fall asleep I could carry you back and wake you up when we get there. How's that sound?

Zai had begun to develop a little bit of a protective attitude towards this woman. She didn't even know why.

WallyD

"You can try, but there is a chance I won't be able to fall asleep." Canary said, staring off into space. "Besides, can you even carry me there? I may look light and skinny, but I am quite heavy."

almighyxcavus

Zai chuckled "I may look small but don't underestimate a guar-" Zai caught herself mid-sentence.

"err-, I mean, me. You could say I'm more than what meets the eye." She winked... awkwardly.

Zai turned away from Canary and brought herself to a crouching position. She looked back to Canary with the most innocent of smiles:

"Hop on!"

WallyD

Canary sighed and rubbed their arm lightly. The person in front of them looked delicate, but she did say that she was stronger than she looked. Because of their abilities, Canary was able to consume enough iron to make their bones almost completely metal, making them a bit more heavier than a human should be. Canary paused and sighed again. They might as well trust Zaikaria and believe that she could carry them. After all, they were tired and it might also help them get to sleep.

"Ok then...but don't say I didn't warn ya." They said, slinging themselves over Zaikaria's back and ploped their head on her shoulder. "There."

Tags: