Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

My Sword Is A Tool Of Justice! (Kingfisher!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, November 26, 2017, 05:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Whenever Adharah Braunschweig was allowed to leave the church unsupervised, there was usually some kind of list involved. This time was no different- the young knight had been sent to buy supplies the church ladies needed for that week's children's program.

Reajh's market district was very busy this morning, and the bustling crowds gathered around the stalls made it very difficult for Adharah to find what she was looking for. Every time she got close to one, somebody seemed to push her to the side. "Urgh! This is no way to treat a hero!" the girl thought angrily. "You guys wouldn't treat Grand Master Mordecai Mercer like this I bet!"

"Help!"

A muffled cry snapped the girl out of her thoughts. "What?" she said out loud, looking for the source of the voice. Wandering away from the marketplace, Adharah rested her hand on her sword.

"Shut yer gob an' pay up!" said a voice from a nearby alley. Eyes wide, Adharah peered around the corner to see somebody being held at gunpoint by a rugged looking man in a leather jacket. "Or would y'rather I just blow yer brains out? Would save me a lot of frustration..."

"I have to do something!" Adharah thought, a look of steely determination on her face. "What would Sir Mittermeyer do?"

"Stop right there, villain!" The girl stepped into the alley, sunlight reflecting brightly off of her armor. She drew her sword and pointed it at the mugger, putting on her most confident smile. "I suggest you run, lest I decide to give you a taste of my Blade of Justice!"

The muggers head whipped around, and he pointed his gun at the girl. Adharah remained steadfast, staring at him defiantly. "Crud, what if he's not scared? Then what do I do?"

Kingfisher

Michael had been hired as a bodyguard.  He had been shadowing a merchant's rebellious daughter since morning.  And she had absolutely hated him for it, taking the first opportunity to slip her leash and darted into an alley while he was not looking.  And of course, she had run into an alley rat in her myopic rush for independence.  Fool.  And the worst part was any attempt to mount a rescue could see the gun go off, killing the daft girl.

As the unlucky sellsword went through a number of plans, throwing each out as he came to their glaring flaws, Michael heard a small voice demand the robber's flight.  Peering around the corner, he spotted the newcomer, a small girl in show armor with a waster (he could tell it was blunt even from where he was).  She was as brave as she was foolish and Michael found it hard not to admire her.  The crook's opinion differed tremendously, as he laughed at the tiny little girl.  "What ya gonna do wi'that pig sticker?  Ya can jes' si'down an' stay quiet or I'll have two dead girls instead a one."

Yes, the girl with the practice sword was indeed foolish but there was a good chance she was exactly what he needed to pull off his underhanded rescue.  He slipped his narrow dagger from his scabbard, producing a slight hiss as he crept around the corner.  He signalled the frightened teen to stay quiet before rushing up on the gunman.

The rat heard him coming but the mercenary's speed was enough to close with the man, using his off-hand to block a full turn.  The gun roared but spat its deadly charge into the ground.  The robber threw down his wasted pistol, drawing his own dagger, but hesitated in his counterattack as he was forced to gaze up at the imposing warrior.  "Who the hell're you?!"  Michael did not bother answering, instead lunging forward, striking hard with his dagger.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Adharah lips curled into a frown- the man was mocking her! The girl readied her sword. Aw, poop. Looks like I'll need to do this-"

Her thoughts were cut short by the appearance of another man in the alley. In the blink of an eye he had drawn a wicked looking dagger from a scabbard, lounging at the mugger. The crook tried to fire his gun, but his reflexes were too slow and his hand was pushed down and away from his attacker. With a loud bang, the gun's bullet fired into the ground. 

What happened next was too fast for Adharah to see. The robber collapsed onto the ground, a cry of pain escaping his throat. He clutched his abdomen, blood beginning to pool on the ground. The woman who'd been getting mugged sighed in relief, a few stray tears rolling down her face. "T-thank you sir..." she said softly. "I- I never should have left your-"

"Wow! That was awesome!" Adharah interrupted, approaching the three. "You totally beat that guy!" The young girl looked down at the crook, hands on her hips. "Let that serve as a lesson, villain. Renounce your evil ways in prison!"

She looked up at her fellow hero. "We get to take him to the guards now, right?"

Kingfisher

The "fight," if you could even call it that, was over in an instant.  Not surprising; the man was a rank amateur.  Turning the blade over in his hand, Michael pulled a white cloth from his sleeve to wipe the blood off before putting it away.  It was at that moment the blonde girl in drill armor came to complement him.

Looking from the girl to the thug, the mercenary hesitated to tell her the truth.  Closing his eyes, he sighed before turning back to the girl.  "It won't do no good for him now," he said.  Gestruring down at the man, he continued, "You don't bleed like that from a minor wound."  The pool was growing faster now; he must have nicked the man's aorta.  Not long now...

Returning his attention to his charge, Michael checked her for injuries.  A sleeve had been torn from her pale green dress, she had lost a shoe somewhere, her cheek was turning blue and she was visibly shaken.  It would be hard to explain things to her parents.  Still, knowing the answer he would get, he asked, "How are you holding up, Miss Kirchies?"

Tiffany was nearly crying, clutching a small, velvet bag close to her chest.  "I...I-"  She wispered in a quivering voice.  Suddenly, she fell against Michael's chest, openly weeping into his light armor.  For his part, the bodyguard wrapped his arms around her, silently comforting her.  He was still visibly nervous: this was clearly not his forte.