Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Knowledge of the Fell {Open!}

Started by WallyD, September 03, 2017, 08:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

"Ah, wait!" Leonard said, scrambling to stand up. "Do you plan to go back inside?"

Leonard thought of the creatures that chased Rika. He didn't see them, of course, but he knew that he was no match against them if they did find him. The old man can barely even throw a punch without pulling a muscle. If was was going in there, he needed protection.

Of course he was also worried about Rika too. Leonard didn't like the idea of other people getting hurt, but he was sure that she was capable of protecting herself. She looked like a strong independent young girl, while all Leonard has was just old and wise.

"If you do plan to go back, is it possible that we can accompany you?" He asked, still holding his cup of tea.

Smiley

Rika stared at Leonard, her eyes flashed as she was thinking. She took a moment to think her eyes closed slightly. Her face just showed her expression as she was serious about letting her new friends join.

"Alright,  you can just make sure you dont make a wrong turn and follow my lead" Rika walked back down the hill towards the cave she escaped out of. "If we get trapped there is nothing I can do, I cannot fly us away due to the caves being so narrow." She looked up towards the middle aged man "I can only offer you protection even then it is limited"
Her sharp gaze looked at Leonard's face. She looked at his body language. Her mind pulling in any emotions he revealed to her.

WallyD

Leonard sighed in relief and nodded. Though he wasn't sure about being able to follow her. He tends to wonder off, not really paying attention to what was a round him. In other words, he was very spacey and a total air head. That was why he had Nina.

"Can't promise you that, but I can differently try." He said, packing his stuff up, tossing out the left over tea. "Just give me a minute."

Leonard was able to put everything away with great speed. now if only he could do that when he's cleaning his house. Leonard lifted his bag up, jumping up a bit to slip the strap on and nodded again.

"Ready."

Smiley

Rika nodded and walked into the cave. Her eyes glowed brighter as they walked deeper.
Occasionally, Rika looked back to see if Leonard and Nina were still behind her. "Say, if we do find something else special what do you plan on doing with it?" Rika asked as she cautiously made her way down a slippery hill that had become slimy with limestone residue and mud. She suddenly turned right as she hear ed some movement coming from the left.

"You can answer that question later, for now I need silence so I can hear our surrounding." Rika whispered quietly as she grabbed Leonard's arm and leading him and his dog through multiple twists and turns. The thief would occasionally give warning to a sudden dip or other hazardous obstacles in their way.

WallyD

Nina kept her ears down, twitching at every movement. Leonard followed behind Rika, barely able to dodge everything. He tried to keep as quick as he could and listened just as well.

There was mostly the eco of their shuffling, the bulb-blip of water dropping, but whatever Rika heard, he could not. After awhile Leonard saw something that caught his eye. He stumbled, trying to stop the young girl.

"There." He whispered sharply, pointing out. He didn't want to make noise but he wasn't sure how to get her to stop.

Smiley

Rika stopped and turned towards the area Leonard was pointing at. There was a small hallway with a crack down the wall. The crack seemed to be glowing faintly from where ever it led to. "Well, What is this?" Rika asked Leonard. Her voice was so low that he was barely able to hear her. She bravely walked towards the crack. Her eyes squinting a bit and she peered in. "I think there maybe something in there" Rika stated as she shuffled her body into the crack.

"You should be able to fit if you want to" Her back was up against the wall getting damp and muddy while her hands where up on the wall in front of her as she stepped out into a larger room. "Woah...." Rika took a deep breathe as she gazed at the room in front of her.

WallyD

Leonard didn't hesitate. Nina dashed past him, slipping through the whole with ease. Leonard walked briskly to the crack and shoved his bag through. Leonard followed after it, getting suck for a second but was able to wiggle his way through.

Leonard stumbled out and fixed his spectacles, wiping his dirty hand on his trousers. Thank god he remembered to where a dark colored shirt and not a white one. After fixing himself, Leonard looked around.

The room was definitely breathtaking. It was an underground waterfall, glowing gems sparked on the jagged ceiling. Man made columns decorated the place, lined with gold trimming and faded designs. Carved stairs where on the left, leading up to a stone building, stained from the water and algae. Leonard grinned widely and opened his bag that was still on the floor.

"You asked what I would do if I found something." he grunted, shifting around inside. He stood back up, holding a ragged sketchbook. "This is what. I plan to catalog all the places I've seen inside. Hopefully, without destroying history, bring some artifacts back with me. Donate it to a museum or something."

Smiley

Rika hummed letting Leonard know she had heard him. "I say you should not write down these place for if someone could find them they will ruin the secrets that they hold as well as the history behind them" Rika had some wisdom in her words.
She jumped over a stream and walked over to the stairs. The stairs looked worn down due to age but was possible to climb up on. "I'm going to fly on up you can try to take the stairs but be extra careful"

Rika unfolded her wings as she beated the, a little before taking the flight up there landing on the top of said stairs. "I'd carry you up but you'll be to heavy for me" Rika raised her voice a little so Leo could here her. The water fall was close to the steps making them very slippery.

WallyD

Leonard seemed to ignore her, his mind focused on his journal. He could easily argue against her and her view of his work. Had she not just taken an artifact, caused a cave in, and just said that she was going take some of the gems from above?

He sat, not truly bothered by it. His and her views were entirely different but everyone has their own opinion. Nina laid down next to Leonard, watching Rika out of the corner of her eyes. The dog looked relaxed but she was really on look out. Soon the room was filled with the scratch of charcal against papers as the old man wrote and sketched.

Smiley

Rika smiled as she walked into the room that was placed up the stairs. Her eyes looked around and her hands felt the walls. Some where covered in gems while others metals. Rika looked at the ground, the gems that have fallen from the walls looked good enough to sell and make some money off of. She picked up the cleanest and biggest ones as well as a few small ones to make some jewelery out of. The siren walked back out of the room and sat at the edge of the stairs. She watched as Leonard sketched the room and waved kindly towards Nina.

WallyD

Nina perked up and started to wag he tail. It thumped against the ground, making a dull and muffled thuds. Nina then stood up and walked around the water, and trouted up the stairs to greet Rika.

When she got there, the large dog sat, looking up. Her tail still wagged and her tongue hung out of her mouth. Down below, Leonard continued with his work. Oblivious to what had just happened.

Smiley

Rika patted Nina's head and watched Leonard work. She was curious about his drawings or work, whatever it was. So, she walked back down the stairs, motioning Nina to follow.
She was silent as she walked up to Leo, the sound of the waterfall blocked her presence. "So, whatcha working on?" She smiled a glimpse of the paper.

WallyD

Leonard had completed a small sketch on one of the pillars, underneath was his slanted and cramped. And yet it was elegant and smooth. On a different page there was a a few scattered lines. They were pointed and seemed to connect like one giant nerve system. The drawing was not complete, but next to it was a small caption.
Gems much like blue fluorite

Leonard looked up when hearing Rika's voice, jumping slightly. He paused and looked back down at his book.

"Uh, yes." He said clearing his throat, "Have a few sketches, but I've been writing mostly. I bet I could spend hours down here. Even days! Just writing, discovering, believing."

He paused again, his face blank Leonard looked back at the scene in front of him once again. Here but not really here. Like his body is here, but his soul was not.

"It is quite beautiful, isn't?" He said after a while.

Tags: