Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Another One? {Eckhart}

Started by Celegwen, December 27, 2017, 07:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

"Feng Shui is a way of arranging furniture and decorating that makes spiritual energies positive or negative," Meri said to Eckhart. "And Porcelina, my apartment has perfect Feng Shui! My family is literally linked into the world's energies: it's impossible for my apartment to generate bad vibes."

She's a guest, Meri reminded herself. As obnoxious as she can be, she's a guest.

The elf shook his head. "Business is different than your personal life," he said. "Taza's right in a way. Making people like you is important when you work with the public. Friends aren't always involved in work, though." They descended the stairs to the first floor. "Your life is more than business, right?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Then why is your flower pot not center with the table it's on!" Porcelina cried, throwing her hands up into the air. "Come on! You're gonna ruin my chakra flow!"

Belladonna laughed madly. "Hahahaha! Chakra? Chakra isn't even fucking real! Get a clue, you dumb bitch!"

Eckhart squinted. "Wait... What do you mean you're linked to energy? That sounds, um, kinda important..."

"I don't get it..." Randal said, tilting his head to the side. "Shouldn't I be polite to my Friends too?"

Celegwen

Meri simply shook her head with a smile. "Chakras aren't-" she stopped herself. "Okay. I'm sorry about your chakras, Porcelina." She stood up, walking over to the table and moving the flowerpot the few inches necessary to center it. "Better?"

Walking back over to her seat, she crossed her legs and glanced at the cat. In Porcelina's ramblings, Meri had almost forgotten Eckhart was there. She certainly forgot that she had to keep her mouth shut regarding the truth of her family. Well, cat's out of the bag - so to speak.

"Um..." The girl shifted slightly uncomfortably. "My family's kind of strange," she said, tucking her hair behind her ear. "It isn't as big of a deal as it sounds, but my sisblings and I are linked to all of the elements. Abri is linked to life and lives in Connlaoth, Hakan is linked to fire and lives in Essyrn, Taiga is linked to ice and lives in Hyoite." She looked down briefly. "It's not as big of a deal as it sounds."

Did I have this many questions as a kid? Alderon thought to himself, as he walked with Randal.

"Well, yes," he said. "You should always be polite, but you shouldn't try to change yourself at all to make people like you. Your real Friends will like you for who you are."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"No. It's not better." Porcelina grumbled. "Now excuse me, I'm going to find my sponge brush." The miniscule woman left the room in a huff, slamming the door behind her.

Eckhart and Belledonna weren't listening, however. "Huh. Small world." the cat said, clearly amused. "So this broad is a bazillion years old too?"

Eckhart beamed. "Oh! I met Taiga, she helped me get away from that assassin!" The boy blushed a little. "She's really brave..."

Porcelina stormed down the hall, muttering. "Porcelina, my Fung Sui is perfect! I'm a special immortal girl, look at how much I know about stuff! Condescending bitch..."

She stopped abruptly at the sight of two more Friends walking down the hall. Her eyes narrowed. "Alderon..."

"Aha!" she cried, pointing at the man accusatorily. "You took my sponge brush, didn't you?"

Celegwen

As Porcelina walked out, Meri smirked at her back. "Sorry about her," she said. "She's a tad temperamental."

Upon hearing Taiga's name, the girl gave a soft smile. She remembered Taiga telling her all about the ordeal, and she remembered the urgency Hildegarde had shown in relation to her brother's life being in danger.

"I know she did," Meri said. "She's a lot braver than I am, for sure. Taiga is actually the reason Lady Hildegarde was able to get a lock on you. Like, she didn't know anything had happened, so Taiga reaching out me got her really involved. She loves you a lot."

Randal seemed to go quiet to either think or simply accept the answer he'd been given. Anyway, he didn't exactly get much time to do either, as the source of the shrill voice suddenly came into view.

Alderon saw Porcelina approaching with her finger extended at him. She thinks I took her missing brush? The elf thought.

He smirked, pursing his lips. "Of course I took your brush!" Alderon said, folding his arms over his chest. "In fact, I infiltrated your apartment - while you were still in it, mind you - and discovered where you keep your brushes, taking only the brand new sponge brush. Then, with my impossibly good stealth, I made it out without leaving a trace, brush still in hand." His voice was unusually animated. "But here's where it becomes interesting. When I made it out, I realized that I had no need for such an instrument. So, to ensure my efforts didn't go to waste, I decided to hide it by sticking it up Griselda's ass."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart's eyes widened. "R-really?" he said, blushing profusely. "Taiga loves me a lot? But- but we only spent like, an hour together!"

"She meant Hildegarde loves you, stupid." Bella meowed, rolling her eyes. "Calm down."

Eckhart's face went even redder. "Ahaha! I- I was just kidding! I knew what meant!"

"Sweet Ansgar, that was embarrassing! What if she knows now? I don't want Taiga to find out!"

Porcelina stared at the doctor, shaking violently. "How dare you! I am an artist! I deserve the respect that title brings!"

"Tell me." the dwarf growled, pulling a small frame out of her handbag- a painting she had finished earlier that morning. She held it up for Alderon to see, glaring. "Do you know what landscape this represents?" She suddenly thrust it towards the man, stopping right before it could touch him. "You'll find out if you don't get my brush back right now!"

Randal gripped onto Alderon's shirt. "Ahh! She seems really serious! You should give her what she wants!"

Celegwen

Meri smiled slightly at Eckhart's sputtering and obvious embarrassment. "Your sister, Eckhart," she said with an airy chuckle. "Not mine. But don't worry; I won't tell Tai." She gave him a small wink, taking a sip from her tea.

She may not have had a total grasp on social norms, as she was still figuring her own life out, but Meri picked up on Eckhart's not so subtle clues that he was into Taiga, even if it was only slightly. The girl wouldn't tell her sister, especially since Taiga would absolutely not reciprocate, but she thought it was cute.

"Um, sorry if this sounds strange, but do you understand your cat?"

"You're upsetting Randal," Alderon said in a voice that was too calm, yet held a threatening undertone. The boy clutching onto his shirt always gave Alderon a sudden protective feeling.

He didn't flinch when Porcelina thrust the painting towards him. It wasn't a pleasant thought, being sent to some strange land, but it wasn't enough to strike true fear into the man's heart.

"Randal, why don't you run to Zymeria's apartment? I'm sure she'd be thrilled to see you." He flashed the boy a smile, then turned back to Porcelina. "I didn't take your damned brush, dwarf. Like I said before, I have no use for such a thing."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Yes I can!" Eckhart said quickly, happy to be changing the subject. "She's my familiar." He turned to look at the cat, smiling. "Bella, would you like to talk?"

The cat yawned. "Not particularly." she said, lying down. "Meri seems rather dull, to be honest."

Eckhart went red in the face. "T-that's mean!"

"So? It's not like she can hear me."

The healer turned back to Meri sheepishly, an embarrassed look on his face. "Um... She, uh, doesn't want to say hi..."

Randal nodded almost dutifully. "Yes Dr. Alderon..."

Porcelina turned to watch the boy leave, then looked back at the elf. "Well if it wasn't you, then who was it! I live in a building full of criminals, I couldn't have just misplaced it!"

Hildegarde looked at the writing on Eckhart's window, a troubled frown spreading on her face. "This isn't good..."

"Do you know who did it?" Terrence said nervously. "I mean, it can't have been one of us, right?"

"No." The gang leader conceded. "None of us use this color lipstick." She threw her hands into the air. "I mean, cherry red? Talk about tacky."

Terrence shifted on his feet. "So... What do we do?" 

Hildegarde squeezed the boy's hand. "Don't worry. I'll have Joan look into this." She sighed, turning to leave. "Find Tiffany, tell him to clean this up. Let's not let Eckhart find out about this for now..."

Celegwen

Meri smirked, shaking her head. "That's fine," she said. "Animals - familiars or others - don't tend to like me. At least not until they're on their way out." She shrugged slightly. "Good news is that means she's still spry."

Taking a sip of her tea, she looked at her door. The girl's elf-like ears picked up on light, quick footsteps in the hall.

"Sorry about the barrage of people," she said, "but it sounds like Randal's on his way, which means Alderon or Taza isn't far behind."

Alderon huffed, rolling his eyes at the tiny woman. "I know I have most of the answers you would crave, but I don't bother myself with these types of matters. If you're looking for your brush, look for Joan or what's his name...? Tiffany! No matter; I don't have it."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Spry? Really?" Belladonna muttered under her breath. "Are you trying to call me old? I'm only seven, you bitch..."

"Ahaha..." Eckhart laughed nervously. "I wouldn't take it-"

The door opened, and Randal stepped inside. He slumped onto the couch moodily. "Dr. Alderon and Porcelina are fighting again..." he said, clearly upset. "Meri, can you tell me a story?" He looked up at the young man next to him. "Oh yeah. Hi Eckhart..." 

Porcelina gnashed her teeth, fuming. "I'll show you! I'll make you cry! You'll wish you never fucked with me!"

"Did somebody say my name?"

Porcelina's head snapped to the side. Tiffany had appears from seemingly nowhere, his pink hair glimmering in the dim light. The boy outstretched his arm, a sponge brush in his hand. Porcelina gasped. "Oh my god! Thank you! Where did you find it?"

Tiffany beamed, bouncing on his heels. "I found it on the floor outside your room! I've been looking for you all morning so I could give it to you, Porcelina!" He turned his head as the dwarf snatched the brush, still smiling. "Hello Mr. Finicci! How are you today?"

Celegwen

"They're fighting again?" Meri said, frowning slightly and looking at the door, which Randal had left open. The girl didn't really care, but it did allow for Porcelina's voice to enter the apartment slightly.

She rolled her eyes, leaning forward with her elbows on her knees and hands together. "What story do you want to hear, Randal?" She thought for a moment. "I can tell you one of your hero and villain stories, or a new one about my brother and his extra special dragon-fairy-devil friend."

Meri couldn't help but crack a small grin at the mention of her brother's odd conquest. Of course she wouldn't be giving all the details that were given to her!

Alderon rolled his eyes at the happy boy. "Doctor," he said, clearly exasperated. "It's Doctor Finicci, not mister."

Why would he have attended medical school to be addressed as any other fool walking along the street?

"I'm just fine, Tiffany," he said. "I was on my way to Zymeria's apartment with Randal. Care to accompany us? Porcelina...do whatever you want." Without waiting for a response from either, the elf walked around them towards the open door.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Randal straightened up in his seat, eyes widening. "A dragon-fairy-devil?" he asked excitedly. "I wanna hear about that!"

"Um..." Eckhart said apprehensively. "A dragon and a fairy?"

"Sweet Ansgar, what is the world coming to?"

"Oh! Um..." Tiffany looked at Alderon, then at Porcelina. "Oh... Um, did you want me to stay with you, or..."

Porcelina nodded, a rare smile appearing on her face. "Yeah! We could go back to my apartment! I have some new watercolors to-"

"Tiffany?"

The boy turned his head to see Hildegarde approaching them. "Hello Lady Von Musel! You're looking good this morning! Is that new makeup?"

Hildegarde smirked. "Nope! I'm not wearing any makeup today! I think I pull it off rather nicely, wouldn't you say?"

"So that's why you don't look like an oil painting..." Porcelina muttered as Tiffany clapped his hands together in excitement.

Seemingly not having heard the dwarf, Hildegarde put her hands on her hips. "Anyway, there's a mess in Room 108 I need cleaned up. You'll see it, it's pretty obvious." She walked past them, following Alderon. "You should head to Meri's room afterwards!" she called over her shoulder. "My brother's here, I'm introducing him to everybody!"

Tiffany waved his boss goodbye excitedly. "Okay! I'll be there in a few minutes!" He beamed, turning to Porcelina. "Would you like to come with me? It'll be faster!"

The dwarven woman sighed. "Well... Fine, I suppose..."

Celegwen

Alderon strolled through Meri's open door. The girl narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips at the elf. "Seems we'll save that story for another time," she said in a hushed tone. "Dr. Alderon, what are you doing? You weren't invited."

The elf raised his eyebrows in feigned shock. "Zymeria, I'm hurt," he said. "Does an open door not mean all who wander are welcome?"

Meri scowled, clenching her jaw briefly. "That's true, I suppose." Standing and interlocking her fingers in front of her, she took a breath. "Would you like some tea? Perhaps a sedative, or nine?"

"I had some chamomile earlier," he said curtly. "Hildegarde may want some." He stepped aside, allowing room for the pink-clad woman to enter.

"What about Porcelina?"

Alderon scoffed. "The dwarf went another route."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart froze up. "What? Come on on!" he thought, grimacing as the doctor entered the room. "I just got you to leave!"

Meri didn't seem too happy with Alderon's sudden appearance either, but Randal smiled and sat up straight. Belladonna lashed her tail angrily. "I swear, if you try something I'll- oh, wow."

Hildegarde waltzed into the room, beaming. She clapped her hands together. "Alright! I'm back! Everybody getting along?"

Belladonna burst out laughing, and Eckhart paled. "Umm..." he said nervously. "Uh... Yes?"

Celegwen

"Wonderfully," Meri answered.

Simultaneously, Alderon shook his head. "No," he said blatantly. Earning a sharp glare from the pale woman, the elf pursed his lips sighed. "Well, why would I lie?" His voice was forced.

"Because that's what normal people do," Meri said, sitting back down.

"Normal people are boring," he said, strolling over to the window and leaning against it.

The girl rolled her eyes and smiled at the pink clad woman. "Lady Hildegarde, help yourself to some tea," she said, gesturing to the kettle sitting on the small table.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde watched the interaction between Meri and Alderon, her expression deadpan. "Well." she she said flatly, walking over to the kettle to pour herself some tea. "We're going to get along now."

The gang leader walked over to the couch to sit next to her brother, cup of tea in hand. Randal slid over to make room, and beamed as Hildegarde ruffled his hair. "So, have you seen your room yet?" she asked Eckhart nonchalantly. "The view out of your window is nice, you're level with the street so you can watch people."

"Um, I didn't really get the chance to see the view..." Eckhart said, seeming almost embarrassed. "I was kinda... In and out."

Relieved, Hildegarde opened her mouth to say something only to be interrupted by a soft meow. Looking at her brother's lap, she saw what was possibly the mangiest cat in Le'raana. "Aw..." she cooed. "What happened to kitty?"

The cat meowed derisively at her, and Eckhart tensed his shoulders. "Bella! She's my sister, be nice!"

Randal looked at Meri eagerly. "So, what about the story! I wanna know about the dragon-fairy!"

Celegwen

"What happened to kitty?" Alderon mumbled to himself, shaking his head. He put his tongue against the split on his lower lip from the 'kitty' bitch. "Cats..."

Meri pressed her lips together in a tight smile when Randal brought up the story again. She glanced at Hildegarde and couldn't help the laughter that was creeping up. Releasing a breathy chuckle, the girl took a sip of her tea and leaned forward.

"Alright, Randal, but I'm going to shorten it a bit since we seem to have a growing amount of company." Meri interlaced her fingers and nodded once. "So, my brother, Hakan, and my sister, Taiga, were on an adventure with a dragon-elf man, an elf girl, a dwarf girl, a dragon-fairy-devil creature, and the dragon-fairy's son. They were off to fix the dragon-elf's sword.

"It was a long journey, which took several months, but over that time, the dragon-fairy and Hakan got feelings for each other and actually started dating. They had ten babies!" Meri was stretching the truth a bit to make it kid-appropriate, but the basic story was on point. "Can you imagine that? Now, Hakan is living in in Essyrn, where his special friend and babies visit all the time."

Okay, that was a lie. Babies died a fiery death, but Randal didn't need to know that.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Really?" Randal asked excitedly. "But that's so sweet! Can I meet her and her babies someday?"

Eckhart looked at Hildegarde (who was stunned) and then at Belladonna (who was glowering). "Um..." he began, eyes beginning to water. "Oh Ansgar, please don't fight..."

"You told me your sister was suave." Belladonna meowed darkly. "There's nothing suave about the term "kitty"."

"Eckhart." Hildegarde said quickly, eyes wide. "Eckhart, why doesn't she like me?"

The healer shut his eyes tightly. "I-I..." He shook his head. "Come on! T-this isn't fair to me at all!"

Celegwen

Meri pursed her lips, looking at the energetic kid. "Uh, probably not," she said finally. "See, Hakan doesn't really like coming to Zantaric, and I doubt Taza wants to take you to Essyrn. It's probably best if it stays a story for now."

Can't exactly tell him that the babies were killed and that the mom isn't a woman, Meri thought. Wow, that situation is fucked up...

"Don't take it personally," Alderon said. "She doesn't really seem to like anyone, save your brother." The elf furrowed his brows. "Curious animal, I must say. Regardless... Hildegarde, I'm actually pleased you're here, as it saves me time. I'm departing on my biannual trip tomorrow morning, so I'll be gone for approximately a month."

"Now?" Meri interjected suddenly. "You're leaving for a month when there's a war against another gang? Seriously?"

Alderon glared at her. "I have an important commitment that I mustn't let slip by," he said firmly. "And I would appreciate it if you did not question."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"You're really gonna leave for a month?" Randal asked, looking up at Alderon sadly. "But... I'll miss you..."

Belladonna peered over Eckhart's shoulder at the doctor, her tail flicking. "I'll miss you too Alderon." she meowed flatly. "Be sure to hurry back."

At this point Eckhart had given up his verbal protests and was resting his head in his hands. "I'll be fine. She did this to Kaida too, and I didn't die." The healer closed his eyes. "Sweet Ansgar, why does she always do this?"

Hildegarde studied Alderon carefully. "Meri's right, now is a bad time. I suppose you're still not comfortable telling me what's up?"