Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ice Cold Death {Open To All}

Started by Ice, January 03, 2018, 12:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

There was a thin line between sanity and insanity. Some might even go as far as to say that the line was super clear. Those people had never met the girl who was now walking through the cold snow. She was not her usual happy self today. She did not have on her usual. Bright store. Instead she wore a black robe black boots black gloves and of course a black robe with a good on it. You see find a as she was call was trying to become a true necromancer. So she had to work first on intimidation.

As such she had changed everything about herself. She kind of liked this new her. As she came close a small cabin she grinned. Time to purposely attack these innocent people. Why? Because necromancers were evil. At least they were supposed to be.

As she stood about twenty feet away she glared trying to muster up her magic. You see she did not have to use spells to raise the undead. It just happened naturally with her. As a few undead wolves rose she grinned. " Dinner time pets" she stated sending them in the family direction. Something definitely was wrong with her today.

Jiaolong

Ruby trudged through the snow, wrapping his coat more tightly around himself as a gust of wind blew. He could see the dark smudge of a lodging in the distance.

He had the usual goods, like wood, on a makeshift sled he pulled behind him. Hopefully whoever lived in the structure up ahead would trade some skins for it. He knew one person back in Serendipity who'd promised him something extra-special is he could get some for them.

He was tired and it was cold, but the house was coming closer into view...and so was another thing he hadn't quite anticipated.

Squinting, he saw a figure dressed all in black standing about twenty feet away from the house. She didn't look to be wearing what people in Hyoite normally wore, and something seemed slightly off with her. Ruby cast a spell of illusion and disguised himself as a flurry of snow so he could inch forward and get a better look.

All around the figure, wolves seemed to rise up out of the ground. Then they started going in the direction of the house. "That doesn't look good," Ruby thought.

Maybe he could use a little magic to stop her. He used more Glamour to create the illusion of a giant crevice in the ground, cracking open and separating the house from the wolves. But he stopped there, curious to see what else the girl would do.

Ice

The necromancer was willing as she watched her new pets go towards the house. She was not aware of the fact that she was being watched. That was until she saw a huge crack open up in the ground. The undead wolves stopped in their tracks growling and waiting for other orders. She glared looking around to see if she could find who ever was out there. She would feed them to her wolves instead.

"Come out come out"she said with a grin. " I need to feed my pets" she the watched and waiting to see if anyone came out. Rather they did or not. she then turned to her wolves. " find whatever is out there and bring them to me."she said to then. "I want to hurt them"she said with an evil cackle.

Jiaolong

Ruby willed himself to become as still as possible to perfect his disguise as snow. It seemed the strange girl's attention had turned away from the house, at least. But now, it was on him. He wondered if those wolf-creatures would be able to sniff him out.

They would find him sooner or later. What mattered now was alerting whoever was in the house. After all, he hadn't come all this way for nothing. One couldn't trade if the other party was dead.

Ruby quickly made his way across the snow and walked right over the crevice as it was only an illusion. He'd just made it across when the wind suddenly changed directions, blowing his scent directly in the direction of the bloodthirsty wolves. He couldn't disguise everything. The young man clenched his hand around a hidden weapon, ready to fight back if neeeded.

Ice

The evil woman grinned as she watched her in dead pets. The wanted to please her by finding whoever had interrupted them. They walked closer and close to where the intruded was. They could smell him but they could not see him . However it seemed that the leader had finally pin pointed where the man was.

With a growl the moved closer. At this distance the woman was starting to feel her power weaking. So she moved closer as well. "Remember I want them alive.they need  punishment for interrupting us.But you can hurt them first ." She said smiling now.

Then the lead wolf jumped directly at the hidden man. He knew he was there because he could smell him now even better because the wind had shifted. And he wasn't smart enough to think about the crack first.

Jiaolong

Ruby flung out his weapon, dropping his disguise. As the wolf lunged, he stuck out his weapon in front of him, trying to pierce the wolf's pelt.

He narrowed his eyes at the woman. She was bad news. "I normally don't try to interfere with someone else's matters, but this unfortunately will affect me as well. I only sense malice from you." He paused, taking a few steps back from the surrounding wolves. "What are you trying to do to that house?"

Ice

Cinda was happy to see that her wolves had found the hiding man. It seemed she was dealing with anouther magic user. As he stabbed into the undead wolf it was killed . But there were for more still there. She laughed when she heard what the man said next.

" well what I was going to do was feed the occupants to my wolves here. But it looks like I'm going to have to deal with you first. " she stated to him. The tone of her voice was that of a young child. However the words were still dark in nature.

"Any last words?" She asked as the wolves tried to close in on the man now. All the while snapping and growling at him.

Jiaolong

Ruby feigned fear, stepping backwards into the snow as if he were about to run off. In reality, he was creating another illusion—of himself. It was a difficult trick to make and exact replica, and some details weren't so perfect. But it'd have to do. He let his illusion set off running through the snow in the opposite direction of the house. He once again masked his real self as a flurry of snow and made his way to the house, slipping in through the cracks of the door.

He had to warn this person fast; once the wolves touched his illusion, it would disappear and his plan would fail.

Ruby stopped in his tracks upon entering the house. It was empty and cold, the usual fire in the corner having long since burned out. Ruby looked around wildly, noticing the lack of fishing gear and sled supplies that most people in Hyoite had.

Oh. This person has gone fishing...and fishing expeditions usually lasted hours. Ruby breathed a sigh of relief. For better or for worse, the occupant of this house was gone. But he was sure the strange girl wouldn't leave until her wolves had a meal.

A tingle in the back of his mind alerted Ruby to the chase outside. He could feel that the wolves were gaining on his illusion. Time was running out.

Leftrarü

The light crunch of hoofs galloping across the snow sounded below a very tall man, who traveled swiftly on horseback with his face towards the wind.

He narrowed his eyes as to reduce the sting of the freezing wind at such speed, but he had felt a rather strong smell of rot and death coming from some point further into that direction.

On such a cold climate, corpses would freeze far before rotting to such an extent, so there must be something anomalous at play here.

Tsyrendorzo finally arrived at a clearer area, from which a house, some wolves, a girl and a man that looked wrong could be seen, and clearly the smell was coming from there.

He began heading for the group at a slower pace.

Jiaolong

By chance, Ruby glanced at the figure that was slowly becoming bigger on the horizon. He squinted, surprised to see that it was a man on horseback. Strange. People didn't normally use horses around here, so it must be a traveler of sorts.

But the man would just be riding into trouble. Ruby had to warn him. He once again disguised himself as a whirlwind of snowflakes and trudged through the snow towards the newcomer.

Leftrarü

He kept on riding at a measured pace towards the girl and the wolves that, at this distance, could be clearly identified as the source of the smell.
However, his ears picked up a low sound and when turning his eyes towards it, he saw a whirlwind some distance away.
Tsyrendorzo stopped altogether and took out his bow, taking a moment to decide wether to aim at the whirlwind or at the wolves, and wether it was worth it to shoot at all in this climate.

Jiaolong

Ruby peered through his disguise, alarmed to see the newcomer taking out his bow. He dared to get a little closer before dropping the illusion, finally within hearing distance of the man. "Hey!" Ruby tried not to raise his voice too much so as not to be heard by the girl. He finally trugded to a halt, panting.

"You might want to get out of here. That girl's dangerous and she's out for blood."

Leftrarü

Tsyrendorzo got off his horse to face the stranger more closely, so that they could speak in a lower tone of voice.

"Danger does not worry me, i'm here because i thought something interesting was happening, and this certainly seems to be interesting. Besides, don't the people who live down there need to be warned? " He spoke in a rather neutral tone of voice, as if this was nothing unusual.

"If you wish then i could take you out of here on horseback, but i'd come back here after that." He was already getting on the horse as he finished speaking

Jiaolong

Ruby contemplated the stranger's offer, looking back across the snowy plain to where the girl and her wolves were still pursuing his illusion.

"I was able to check the house, and thankfully there was no one inside. But I'm sure they'll be back soon, and I don't want that girl to be here when they return. Her wolves have already attacked me once, and I can't keep up the distraction much longer," he explained. Ruby shivered against the frigid wind, wrapping his arms tighter around himself. He couldn't understand how such a dangerous situation excites the newcomer, but he'd met stranger people before.

"I'd like to finish what I started. I'll help you face her, if that's what you're going to do."

Leftrarü

"Very well, then. Will you be coming with me on horseback, or on foot?" Tsyrendorzo once again armed himself with the bow and started placing an arrow on the string.

He was tensed and ready to reach for his scimitar as soon as he had to loose the arrow, since in this climate he would have to get close in order to shoot.

He nicked his hand with the arrow, drawing blood so he could use it if needed once he got close enough.

Jiaolong

Ruby answered his question by hoisting himself up on the stranger's horse, grunting with the effort. He felt like he'd been running around all day, and the snowy terrain hadn't made it any easier.

"I can cover our presence so we can get in close. But I'm not the best fighter, so I'll leave the wolves to you," be admitted.

Leftrarü

He spurred his horse with a couple hits and it began trotting, keeping a slow pace so it was easier to keep covering them.

Once close enough, he tensed the string of his bow and fired on the closest wolf, quickly grabbing his scimitar and preparing to swing at whatever came near them.

Jiaolong

Ruby snapped his fingers, effectively cloaking himself and Tsyrendorzo. The wolves would know something was attacking them, but they wouldn't know where the attackers were. "There's another two on your left!"

Tags: