Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In Plain Sight (Elf Lady Love/Open)

Started by Jiaolong, May 02, 2018, 04:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiaolong

Old enough? Daniel was definitely much older than this woman, and probably even Epirus. Why did everyone seem to think he was a kid? Perhaps it was his height.

"Ale? I'd like to try this ale," Daniel said. He'd never eaten or drinken anything before, but he'd told himself he would try all the new things this world had to offer. "I can assure you that I'm old enough."

((OOC: Of course! I like Regen already.))

Lowen Thorn

"Take it, then," Regen urged. "And what about you? You need something to drink as well, big fella?"

Epirus's looked upon the woman skeptically for a moment, biting his lip as he contemplated his answer. "Alcohol really has no affect on me," he admitted honestly, his voice low and ready to dismiss the awkward formalities. "Where are we exactly?"

Regen grinned, a bit playful and deceitful at the same time. "A house," she teased. "A Noble's house to be precise. They are away for a few days, and you could say I'm... watching it for them."

She kept eyes on Epirus as she lied through her teeth.

Jiaolong

Daniel took the mug and proceeded to gulp half of it down. He contemplated the taste for a second before smiling. It was bitter, but also sweet. How interesting.

He could tell the woman wasn't telling the whole truth, but there didn't seem to be any immediate danger. "What's your name?" He asked, taking another sip of the ale. He wondered if she had more of this stuff.

Lowen Thorn

"Regen Wintzell, at your service."

The woman reached out to shake the man she shared her drink with's hand whether he liked it or not, shaking briskly before pulling back. "And you? What'd you two steal anyways that has everyone in such an uproar?"

More importantly, was it something she could take off of them.

Epirus was lost in his thoughts, more concerned with Chorin back in the Niahi and how long it would be before he eventually caught up to them; and his current affairs were paling in comparison. He contemplated in silence - perhaps it would be better for him to slip out for a bit and lure any impending threats away from Daniel and Serendipity in general.

Jiaolong

The angel blinked, a little surprised at the force of Regen's handshake. "My name is Daniel. This is what we took. I think it's pretty, don't you?" He held up the bracelet on his wrist, smiling. "Though she seemed quite angry about it...I want to find a way to pay her back, if I can."

Escaping was easy enough, but having to continuously steal things would definitely bring unwanted attention. Daniel turned to Epirus, who seemed lost in thought. "Epirus?"

Lowen Thorn

Just as soon as Daniel showed Regen the bracelet and turned to the other man, Regen slipped the accessory off of him with a sleight of hand and held it up, dangling from her fingers, to get a better look at it. "It's okay," she said, unimpressed. "What kind of thieves go back to pay, though?"

Epirus remained silent for a few moments before looking back at his companion. "Sorry," he said quietly. "I was just thinking. Would you be fine to stay here a little while longer? I can move around unnoticeable easier when I'm alone, and I think it would suit us to take another look around... best to cover our tracks."

"So your name's Epirus," the girl interjected before Daniel had a chance to respond. "Kinda funny name. Cover your tracks from what exactly? Stealing a little bracelet like this?"

Jiaolong

The woman was certainly very skilled, having taken the bracelet without Daniel noticing. But he noticed soon enough, and an unexplainable feeling of possessiveness overtook him. The angel took the bracelet from her fingers and quickly fastened it onto his wrist, averting his eyes.

Daniel wasn't sure if this woman needed to know their whole story. Perhaps it would be best not to answer her question. "I'll stay. But make sure you don't get caught." The house didn't belong to Regen either, so there was no need for her permission.

Lowen Thorn

Regen smirked when Daniel snatched the bracelet back up from her. Perhaps she had hit a nerve? No matter, it was all in good fun, and she didn't forsee being around the two for much longer anyway. "Take care then," she said to Epirus before making her way back up the stairs unannounced.

Epirus watched her as she went before turning back to his companion, giving him a quick nod. "Don't worry," he said almost reassuringly for a man with motionless tone. "I won't be gone long."

He didn't stick around for any goodbyes before the demon slipped out of the house.

Jiaolong

Daniel watched him go, turning back towards the stairs Regen had disappeared up. He climbed them, the stairs ending at a long hallway where various rooms seemed to branch off.

"Regen?" The woman seemed to be adept at stealing things...perhaps she could teach Daniel a thing or two.

The angel marveled at the many paintings that hung from the walls and the elaborate rugs. So this was a noble's house. It was a stark difference from the small shacks and cottages Daniel had seen in the outermost part of the city.

Lowen Thorn

"Yes dear, what do you need?"

Regen walked lazily out of one of the bedrooms holding up a white flowing tunic, eyeing it curiously and with slight admiration. "What do you think? Should I give it a try?"

Jiaolong

"I was wondering if you could teach me how to steal. You seem good at it, and it's a useful skill." He peered at the tunic she held up, wondering where she'd gotten it from. Probably the closet of whoever lived in this house. "Sure, it would look nice on you."

Lowen Thorn

She looked at him skeptically for a moment, but that skepticism turned into a bashful smile when he agreed about the tunic. "I think so, too," she said with a smile and nod. "Let me try it on real quick."

She stepped back into the room and shut the door behind her, the sounds of clothes been shuffled around could being heard shortly after. "Oh! And yeah, why not? I'll teach you a few things. Like.. right now?"

Jiaolong

Daniel, feeling inspired by Regen's enthusiasm in trying on clothes, decided to change his own outfit. He waved a hand from his neck to his feet, and his usual outfit was replaced by a layered dress with swirling designs at the waist.

Hm, this would do. He walked closer to the door upon hearing Regen's response. "Right now?"

Lowen Thorn

The door swung open and the woman was wearing the tunic, beaming from ear to ear. "Yes, right now," she repeated. "No time like the present. We can make our way into-"

She stopped, her eyes gliding over Daniel's new wardrobe. "Oh? Did you change too? I don't remember seeing anything like that in this place..."

Jiaolong

"Ah, it was a the bottom of a drawer I passed by," Daniel lied. He'd almost forgotten he was pretending to be human...it was proving to be a bit inconvenient.

"You were saying?"

Lowen Thorn

Regen tilted her head at the young-looking man almost suspiciously. "No it wasn't," she said bluntly. "If you want to be a proper bandit, you should practice your lying. Anyway, like I was saying, we'll make our way into town and knock off a few merchants. You know, easy stuff."

She paused for a moment to look him up and down, shaking her head in disapproval.

"You think you can scruff yourself up a bit more? You'll stand out like a sore thumb for someone who's already been looked for."

Jiaolong

He supposed the woman was right about the dress. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

He waved his hand over the dress, and it turned into an inconspicuous tunic and pair of breeches. There was no use hiding it now that she could easily see through his lies. And magic was common for those of Serendipity, wasn't it? "How is this?"

It was unassuming enough, he hoped. "So, what else do 'bandits' do? Besides, er, knocking off merchants?" He asked, borrowing the phrase.

Lowen Thorn

Her eyes widened at the sudden transformation, but she was quickly satisfied and gave him an approving nod. "Much better," she said after a bit of admiration. "A Mage then? Me too, but I've never seen any sort of craft that can change a person's clothes."

She swept down the stairs, not really looking back to see if Daniel was following her. "We do it all. Knock off merchants, knock of nobles, have a good time at the local tavern, bit of treasure hunting here and there, steal from the rich and give to the poor, that sort of thing," she explained. "Not all bandits, mind you. But we're different."

Jiaolong

A mage. He could stick with that. "There are lots of different magics in this world," he commented, following her down the stairs.

He peered out a ground-level window. The commotion had died down, and everyone had gone back to their daily lives. How easy it was for things to return to normal! But that didn't mean he could put his guard down just yet.

The angel pondered her explanation for a second. "I'm different, too. Where are we going first?"

Lowen Thorn

"There are lots of different magics in this world," he muttered a mocking impression to herself as she swung the door open. She peered over her shoulder and tossed him a look that said 'No hard feelings' and motioned him to follow her out into the streets.

"Follow me and you will find out," she teased, slipping out into the alley.