Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Long-time RPer, new to SotE...

Started by Anonymous, April 02, 2006, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hello and greetings to all. =D

Well, I'm ShadowSaine; I've been RPing in one form or another for as long as I can remember, and I love all forms of fantasy. I'm a mad fan of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, as well as having made up my own (far too detailed, some might say) fantasy world which someday I want to get a novel written about. I'm also a fan of mythology, particularly Celtic and Greek, vampire lore, history, and adventure stories; and I love languages and wordplay.

As I said, I've been RPing for a lot of years -- not always on forums, though I have done play-by-post before; I've also done a lot of MSN RP and even some LARP/play-acting. My characters become very real to me, with their own motivations and very distinct personalities, and once I've come up with someone new they tend to stick around -- at the last count I think I had 30+ recurrent characters, and most of them were deep-steeped in their own 'life' or plot somewhere or other. I adore complicated characters, and value character development and growth as much as I do plot. That said, I do like a bit of action as well, and I like adventure and quest plots. I love detail, though I realise wading through six paragraphs of it isn't everyone's idea of a good time so I try to weave the vital info into interesting prose, and continuity is important to me.

I'm online most evenings and quite often throughout the day, and I've nearly always got something to say, so I'm hoping to be pretty active. Most important of all, I adore RPing and I'm looking to have fun and make friends in the SotE community -- so... hello to all, and I'm glad I've found this place. It looks great so far; I'm going to go and explore the areas now, and then probably post a character or two...

~~ShadowSaine

Anonymous

Welcome to SotE!!!!!!!!!

What games have you LARPed in? I did a Vampire/Werewolf LARP with my high school rp club once, it was pretty fun and definitely different. I'm more of a table-top rper myself.

Have fun exploring ^__^

Anonymous

Quote from: "Nightcandle"Welcome to SotE!!!!!!!!!

What games have you LARPed in? I did a Vampire/Werewolf LARP with my high school rp club once, it was pretty fun and definitely different. I'm more of a table-top rper myself.

Have fun exploring ^__^

And that was one badass game, i remember that

I also remember old skool dillsbury...

"Will you bless this?"

XD

by the way, have fun dude or dudette!

Anonymous

Wow, you do like to rp :D Welcome!

And don't worry about too much detail in yer fantasy land, I've been reading Trudi Canavan books and she has LOADS of details, even made up names for made up animals and plants and some slang, not to mention other cultures. You want to read her books seriously.

Anyway I 've brought you a present. It's a free pass to The Chair TM* :D Have fun!

*Torture Machine

Anonymous

Hello, and thanks for all the greetings!

Nightcandle, most of my LARPs have been pretty small-scale, just playing freeform real-world RP with a few good friends. One pretty long-term ongoing LARP we did for a good few months, on and off, was a vampire clan story... that was tremendous fun. We came up with our own whole vampire mythos, taking inspiration from any and every source we could find -- it was fantastic.

Aethyr, thanks for the welcome. =D I'm sure I'm gonna have fun around here...

And Sola, thanks for the Trudi Canavan recommendation -- I'll look out for her next time I'm in the library. As for The Chair... I'm sure I'll have fun one way or another with that. xP Thanks! =D

Anonymous

Hey, ShadowSaine and welcome. It's almost guaranteed that you'll have fun. At least, that's my opinion XD.

30+ Recurrent characters? HAH. And people tell me I'm insane for making as many characters as I do (most arn't recurrent, although I keep the ideas and usually toss the characters after awhile where I use the ideas for other characters..)

Anonymous

Good to meet you.

Tell me, how does it feel to be sane? Doesn't it ever get boring?

No, I'm kidding. Seriously, I'm Leon. If you ever want my help in an RP or something, just let me know.

Anonymous

i love languages, too!  in particular, i like the ones that English doesn't take roots from.  i find it's a mentally stimulating exercise to see how another culture chose to structure their sentences, the Latin-based ones being too obvious for me.  i took Spanish once, and i didn't like it very much.  Japanese was a much more interesting language to learn, and i picked it right up.  i still want to see if i can learn German and Russian, but i'm in no rush to inundate myself. ;p

i also have 30+ characters.  i hate losing out on using one when the venue for its use is cut off.  often enough, i'll change something minor about their histories in order to reuse the idea and personality.

i hope to run into you sometime!  have fun here.  i certainly do. ;)

Anonymous

Yay! Now I don't feel bad about joining 12 characters at once some time in the next few days.

You ought to have fun here. I mean, no one has even tried to eat you yet. I look forward to playing with you in the near future.

QuoteI did a Vampire/Werewolf LARP with my high school rp club once, it was pretty fun and definitely different. I'm more of a table-top rper myself.
You got a high school LARP to actually work. I must now offer reams of unecessary praise.

And uh, Xellos, German is about the closest language to English I've ever seen...

Anonymous

well, yes, that i'm aware of.  however, Russian and Japanese are not.  German interests me for different reasons...

oh yeah!  i also do the table top thing.  I get together with a few others on Tuesday and Saturday nights to play whatever is the fancy of the gm at the time.

12 characters?! -_x  what are you going to do with them all?  there must be something you already had in mind.

Anonymous

Welcome! Always good to have more people around. I'm ZMW the only one you can trust here. Looking forwards to reading your posts!

Rhindeer

Don't trust ZMW. He eats barbeques babies and eats nails for dessert.

Hiya and welcome! ^__^ I've never LARPed before, but heard much about it, and it seems like loads of fun! Ah, one day, one day. Complicated characters, character development, continuity, action, detail...ah. I love you already! XD

So, yeah! Welcome to the site and have lotsa fun! And since Nightcandle apparently patented some flavored straightjackets...go ahead and pick your poison! I like the bubblegum one. Only problem is it sticks to my hair.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Quote from: "Small Wonder"Don't trust ZMW. He eats barbeques babies and eats nails for dessert.

Hiya and welcome! ^__^ I've never LARPed before, but heard much about it, and it seems like loads of fun! Ah, one day, one day. Complicated characters, character development, continuity, action, detail...ah. I love you already! XD

So, yeah! Welcome to the site and have lotsa fun! And since Nightcandle apparently patented some flavored straightjackets...go ahead and pick your poison! I like the bubblegum one. Only problem is it sticks to my hair.

comic con. karin, that one game with the dills is comin back. i wanna blow up another priest XD

rhi will be added, just bring your f'in dice!!!

Anonymous

QuoteYou got a high school LARP to actually work. I must now offer reams of unecessary praise.

I'm afraid I deserve a couple sheets of that praise, since it was largely a team effort. I did my part though! I think I was the only one that went out of my way to dress as my character (everybody else just dressed like they did - boring). I ended up looking like a romantic poet, but I had fun dammit!

Some of my SotE characters are old table-top characters that I couldn't bear to part with after their games faded away/ended. I'm a character pack-rat ^__^;;

The bubble gum flavored one is supposed to get a little sticky. 'Tis a safety mechanism that one, that way if the person ever gets out of their straightjacket it'll keep sticking to them. In that vein, I'm working on developing gummi manacles, because gummis rock.

(Oh, btw Aethyr dearest, oh sun-and-black-hole we couldn't technically run that game w/ Dillsibills unless we somehow found a way to get Chris and the rest of the gang out to Cali. But otherwise, bring yo' dice biytch, it's game time I hope *crosses fingers*)

Anonymous

Since you like RPing...

*coughcoughclickmysiglinkcoughcough*

Anonymous

Hi, I'm well me. Not someone else right now, but when I am I'll try to remeber to tell you. *gives an over exagerated smile that ends quickly*
Sorry I'm just really strange, and I'm looking foward to RPing with you, or anyone else for that matter. I just started to. I have another character guy's, she's at the Thief Guild if anyone want's to read my post for her. *gives little innocent smile*
you know you want to.

Anonymous

Oh its already been broughten karin. just bring yo' "im not a conformist but i joined the air force" a' out here. And since that Dillsbills cant be used then I just may whip out *dun dun dun* Aethyr!

It's on!

karin will get f'ed in the a just like the oc crew in south park if she doesnt bring her dice lol