Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It's Called a Hustle, Sweetheart [M]

Started by DragonSong, August 23, 2018, 02:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Jasper blinked. "You-- are you serious? You straight up just told me you're gonna hand your bounty over to gods-know-who and you think that's gonna...what? Make me want to go with you?!"

Robin_Hood

"So you admit you're Jasper?" Shepard raised his halberd to point its sharp end towards his target. It felt too easy to swing its polished head towards this person's neck, but he had to resist the tempting urge. With every passing second, he had to keep reminding himself that this was one bounty that had to be kept alive if he wanted his precious reward. It was the most that Shepard had been offered for in weeks, and he didn't plan on losing such a high amount. He needed that reward. The thought of it drove him mad like it was some elixir for eternal life.

"I'm afraid you have no choice but to come with me. I do not intend to fail this job." The man he was working with said nothing about what boundaries were to be set in order to bring this person back. Capturing by force wasn't completely written out of the picture. Unsure of what to say next, he paused.

A chilling wind began to pick up as the dark blanket of night began to engulf the land around them. Streets became much less populated with the occasional person quickly shuffling their way along it. The whistling breeze filled the deathly silence and nipped at his leather coat as if to will him to say something more. "Jasper. Just come with me." His own strained voice seemed to reverberate from within his enclosed helmet like a small cave. Shepard despised the desperation that spilled slightly into his voice. He was supposed to be menacing and emotionless, but here he was having to ask kindly like some young child.

With a more purposefully monotone and raspy voice, Shepard continued. "I'm here to help you. Just come with me and this can all be over."

DragonSong

"Right. Help me." Her eyes narrowed, magic pulsing green and gold at her fingertips. "I don't think so."

In an explosive movement, she threw her hands up and released the spell she'd been holding, a burst of energy aimed to hit the bounty hunter with the force of a spooked horse, if she was lucky. Hardly waiting to see if the spell landed, she dashed forward, trying to dart around him.