Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Behind Closed Doors

Started by Anonymous, January 13, 2005, 10:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Kanto narrowed his eyes only briefly at Vissir as she swung her way onto the railing and perched there much as he did. It really was a poorly thought out plan. And though she said she would try nothing else for now, he didn't release her hand. His grip was not so tight it was painful, but it was firm enough that one would have to fight dearly to free themselves from it.
He waited for the healer to wrap up her scolding before speaking in his usual calm tones.
"That was really stupid. Next time, look before you leap. And try to make some planning ahead of time. I'd rather to only have to worry about getting you back than having to worry about your life as well."
His gaze then flickered to the pale woman clinging almost desperately to him. His eyes flashed blue for a split second before he nodded his consent to her words.

And with a small snort, he pulled Vissir close to him for the moment needed to jump back into the window, still holding all the grace he had before despite now carrying two full grown bodies with him.
Landing on the wooden floor with both bootclad feet, he set both Vissir and Matai down gently.
He turned back to the window then, though did not let Vissir completely out of his line of sight. Brushing back some of those long white hairs, Kanto concentrated on the window, one hand held palm foreward toward the broken panes.
"Draeval...yutsu." He spoke softly, and then, as if time were running backwards, the glass repaired itself and as it was when they first entered the room.

Turning now to the blood stained bed, he preformed the same little spell and the bed was clean. Well, clean of her blood anyway. He could do little about it's original condition. His stern gaze was again fully on Vissir, the coldness back. "Sit down, and don't move." He ordered, there being no room for protest within his command.
He next addressed the healer, in no less cold a voice. "How much for the healing?"

Anonymous

She sighed, and watched as the window was fixed.

Vissir sat down on the bed, contemplating her position.  Yup, she was in trouble.  

Once again she let her foot swing and brush against the threadbare rug. She let her green eyes rest on its progress as she said despairingly, "Sorry 'bout that Maitai.  I seriously didn't think you would be that frightened.  High places have never bothered me or my...family."

As her fingers tapped restlessly on her mattress, she flicked the air, letting her nails become jewel-green talons.  After a second she repeated the process, letting the talons become nails, than the nails talons, than the...

She sighed again.  As her guard, What was his name anyways?  As he asked Maitai about payment for healing her, something broke and Vissir dug her talons into the mattress, tearing the bed and letting the rotting stuffing leak out.  

"Dammit, why did you heal me anyways? Wouldn't it have been easier to just let me die?  Wouldn't it have been kinder? You knew I would try to escape! Both of you did, I am sure. Well, I would rather die trying to escape than by Arrmand's hands, lemme tell you. And..."

Vissir, who had never had her sister's self-control or restraint, started crying.

"And, and ya! Some healer you are, heal someone so that they can endure a nice, long death.  Or be kept as some, like, pet dragon or something!!!"

She wondered how much they were getting paid, how long Arrmand was going to be gone, if she should try running for the door, or tunneling through the floor.  God knows it was moldy enough. She wondered why it was that she always, always found herself in these situations, and whether or not she ought to just jump out of the window and be done with it all.

Anonymous

Matai held on tightly as she was swung back into the hotel room with Vissir.  She straightened as best she could with her legs still like jelly below her.  She hated heights with all her heart.  She looked up at Kanto with a look of thanks, and watched as he fixed the window with a bit of amusement before she turned to Vissir who had now plopped herself on the bed.  She wondered with a bit of sympathy what was going to happen to this girl.  Her attention now went to Kanto who was addressing her with the question of how much money she wanted.  She shrugged her shoulders, not really expecting to get paid for helping this girl.

"Well, I honestly wasn't expecting anything, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get repaid the hours that I missed at the pub for this...  Let's just say five gold coins."

Just as she finished she heard the loud ripping sound coming from behind her on the bed.  She turned around quickly, with a bit of a start, and saw Vissir enraged and tearing up the dirty mattress.  She listened to the girls accusations toward her with a very surprised look on her face...  And then Vissir began to cry.  Matai close her eyes, sighed loudly, hung her head and brought her hand up to pinched the bridge of her nose with her finger and her thumb to relieve some of the pressure that was pounding.  Anger and yelling she could handle, hell, it's what she did best.  But crying...  Now that's a different story, she was out of her element.

Matai threw her hands up in frustration and walked a bit closer to the bed where Vissir still was.  "Okay, okay, calm down for the love of Pete!  Stop ye'r crying, ye'r not dead yet lass!"  She exclaimed feeling at her wits end.  She looked like a very peaceable young woman, small in frame and kind in face so her outburst was un-expected.  "And who the hell do ye think ye are?  Yelling at me as if I had something to do with this whole situation.  And after ye pull me out the window to me near sudden death! I don't even know ye, or this man,"  She said gesturing with her hand toward Kanto,  "or Arrmand, or whatever his name is.  I just did me part with no questions asked because I'm tryin to keep me hide safe.  So don't ye start pointing those talons of ye'rs at me lass."

She said while pointing her own finger at Vissir in a warning, not that she could do much, but when she was pissed she wanted you to know it.  She reached her hand up to her curls and shoved them out of her face with vengeance. "Now, if I could help ye more than I already have I would, but what do ye expect from me? Honestly?  I mean I am only a healer for Pete's sake.  And frankly, lass, I think that ye should be just a wee bit more thankful, it's not like I didn't just save ye'r ass from bleedin' to death."

She turned now, feeling out-numbered and guilty.  She wanted to help Vissir but she didn't know what else to do...  She was nothing more than a mere healer.  She turned to Kanto, still infuriated at this whole situation, pointed a finger at the huge man and scowled her best at him.  "And you!  If ye had any balls at all in those pants of ye'rs ye would be trying to help this lassl!  She isn't an item to be sold ye big brute!  And ye can tell this Arrmand of ye'rs that he is a no good son of a whore who is as dim-witted as a pile of donkey dung and twice as revolting!"

She stopped yelling now, dropped her arms to her side, standing with her feet spread, shoulders set and fists clinched.  Her normally pale skin was now pink with the exhultation and her eyes were a much darker shade of green.  She stood there, staring at Kanto for several seconds in a challenge before turning on her heal, walking to the bed to collect her things.  She turned her face to Kanto again while she was bending down picking up the items from her bag that had spilled on the floor.

"And ye can take those gold coins of ye'rs and shove them!  I don't need ye'r filthy money ye damn shameful bastard!"  She found the mug that she had given to Vissir sitting on the night stand next to the bed with the liquid still in it.  She picked it up, turned to walk toward the sink but before she reached the sink she threw the liquid in Kanto's face, getting much satisfaction from it.  She stood there for several seconds, face turned up to Kanto's in a challenge...  Not much of a challenge would there be seeing as though she stood to be about 5' even, not even coming up to Kanto's shoulder.  Okay so she knew that this was probably not all Kanto's fault, but he was the only one there to take her anger out on at the time.  She knew she had gone too far but she was pissed off and wasn't thinking straight, not to mention looking for a fight.  She then tucked the mug back in her bag before turning on her heal with an arrogant air about her, and walked back to the bed to pick up the rest of her things, the whole time muttering to herself below her breath.  I'm too young foor this...

Anonymous

Kanto stood back for a moment as Vissir suddenly exploded into a violent flower of emotion. That was...unexpected. And he was no surer of how to deal with it than Matai. Probably even less so, being the cold male individual that he was.
Wonderful...

He decided it best to stay silent while Matai gave Vissir a dose of her own medicine, one eyebrow cocking in slight amusement. And then, out of nowhere, all the womanly vehemence turned on him. Both white eyebrows now arched as he was thoroughly chewed out, blue trickling into his purple eyes.
By the time she was finished, his eyes were entirely blue, the swirling of their color having overtaken the cold purple. These were the eyes of a cheerful, laid back, and easy going young man. Not the stiff, cold hearted guard.

He blinked a few calm times as he was splashed most saucily in the face. My, but she was pissed. But his reaction was far from what one would have expected.
A grin broke out, slowly at first, and then growing in mirth. Before long he was chuckling with semi-hidden amusment, that quickly turned into a warm laugh. His entire dark face simply lit up with his laughter, and it took a few moments to regain control of his lungs.

He whiped the liquid from his face with ease, no anger even remotely apparent as he grinned at Matai.
"Oh, I think you should tell Arrmand just what you think of him. You do it much better." He chuckled again. "All my insulting skills have just been put to shame...That was one hell of a vent."
Both hands were suddenly rested behind his head in a laid back sort of way, as his entire personality changed. His skin, once midnight black, suddenly seemed shades lighter than before, and his eyes remained that playful blue.

That same gaze flickered back to Vissir, a grin still in place, and seeming to be a gesture he used to wear quite often. "Calm down miss. I think if he wanted to kill you, he would have already. And he damn well wouldn't have hired a healer to take care of you."
He pondered for a moment, glancing up at the mildewed ceiling.
"And maybe I'll stick around and protect you, if I can stay in this good mood of mine..."

Anonymous

Her head spun like she had just been hit, and she was almost sure that she had gone mad. For a second, Vissir didn't realize that Maitai had stopped rebuffing her, and instead had begun to yell at the guard!
When Maitai threw the drink in his face, Vissir's eyes got very, very wide as they peeked over her fingertips. When the guard started to laugh, she wailed in confusion.
"Are you bad, or good?" she asked them, falling into the moldy stuffing of the once-bed. "Please, please make up your minds, I'm going to go crazy otherwise!"

After a little while, Vissir managed to gulp down her tears compose herself. However, she didn't manage to sit up.

She smiled at the fly buzzing around on the roof, "Well, I probably am crazy already huh? So I guess we don't really need to worry about that." She dug her fingers into the mattress stuffing, and felt something cold and slimy slip through them. Gagging, she quickly remembered how to stand up and flicked mold, or whatever it was that she had lain in, off her hand.

"Gods! What kind of a person decides to rent a hotel room like this anyways?" She quickly washed her hand off in the sink, pushing away the flood of hopelessness that had engulfed her, and locking it up until it once again managed to break free. She was a very unpredictable person when it came to her emotions, you never really knew how she would react to something. Maybe it came from her childhood...

Turning back to the others, she smiled shyly at them, "I'm good now. Er, sorry." After a second she whispered, "Will you really help me?"

ooc:sorry, quickish post, tests and stuff ahhh

Anonymous

Matai's hands stopped suddenly from their task of picking up her scattered belongings, and she sat frozen for a few moments as she heard Kanto begin to laugh.  She lifted her head and her green eyes gazed at him in confusion, she was sure she was in for it when she threw the tea at him.  But instead of seeing the infuriated man she was sure was going to be standing there, there was a rather jolly looking man, blue eyes filled with amusement.  Even his skin had lightened up.  What a change.

She stood up, bag still clutched in hand, eyes still watching Kanto, and when he finished his laughing he managed to surprise her even more...  He complimented her insults.  Her mouth twitched at the corner, a bit of amusement showing through before she smiled braodly and chuckled a bit herself in the oddity of it all.  She reached in her bag and braught out a green handkerchief and walked up to Kanto handing it to him so that he could wipe his face off better.

"Well now, if I had known that it would have had this affect on ye, I would have insulted ye the moment I laid eyes on ye."  She said with a small smile, in a bit of shock at the change in him.  She now turned to Vissir, who had apparently just stuck her hand in something unmentionable on the bed and Matai winced at the thought.  Boy that girl had a million emotions flying out of her, now she appeared fine.  

Matai had enough motherly instinct  inside her - once you get past the piss and vinegar - that she genuinly felt for the girl as she watched her face change when she asked Kanto if he would really help her.  She seemed so lost and alone, Matai just wished that she could help her.  She smiled a bit, left Kanto's side and walked to Vissir at the sink.  She laid a delicate hand on her shoulder and tried to act as annoyed as she could, it was her only guard.

"Well, now that we're on solid ground again and ye've stopped ye'r hell sent wailing, maybe ye'll get out of here in one piece yet."  She said with a huff in her voice.  She now turned to Kanto, eyes still a bit of a darker shade than normal, and shrugged one shoulder in a helpless manner.  "Well, I don't know what help I may be, but if ye haven't changed ye'r mind, I'm here if ye need me."  She said with another small sigh, her hand still on Vissir's shoulder.  "Me pub's just down the way and me apartments just upstairs from it.  If ye need a place to stay for a few day's or anything, there would be discreet.  No one knows it's even up there.

Anonymous

Kanto grinned at Matai and took the cloth offered. "Oh, I'm sure you would have. But, I'd rather not be on the wrong side of one of your insults again." His skin was still lighting itself, until finally settling at a lightly tanned tone that was far more humanistic. His ears were still vaguely pointed however, and his hair was just as long as before.

The friendly gaze watched Vissir for a moment, and he had to choose the right time to speak. No need to get chewed out for a second time today. "Well, I suppose I'm somewhere in the middle right now. Not good, but not bad either. Neutral?"
He gave her a sympathetic smile and sighed at her soft question. "Well...Arrmand is obviously going to notice the change in me, but I can bluff my way through that. Um...I suppose if I step lightly, I can help as much as possible. The only thing is that Arrmand is the unknown variable. I can't say what he will do or how he'll react." He shrugged, at a bit of a loss, but willing to help if he was able.

He nodded at Matai's offer, shuffling it in with all the other information he had about this sticky situation. He blinked suddenly, and felt at the back of his head. His hand traveled down a bit, and one white brow arched.
"Ah, Drow hair...crap..."
And without much explination, he swung the sword off his back, pulled the extremely long ponytail out to the side, and sliced it off in one clean swipe. He left a good couple of inches still bound in the ponytail, but it was no where near the length of before. He whispered something at the hair in his strange language and it dissapeared, and he proceeded to shake his head a bit.
"Ahhh, much better. Never did understand why some people insist on having their hair long. It's such a pain in the ass to keep up..." He grinned again, and it was cool but rather goofy at the same time. He had a wonderfully odd sense of humor when he was like this, and was just now getting back into the swing of things.

(*Smashes head into things* Gar, my brain has turned to mush! >.< )

Anonymous

It was at this point in our story, that Arrmand decided to come back and check in on things.

As he slammed the door of the Inn open, making yet another letter fall off of the sign proclaiming its name, in his naturally good-natured mood, and the oily, sallow skinned lady behind the reception desk winced, he thought of all the fun he would have with his new toy.

Perhaps he would practice his knife throwing skills with her as a target. That would be fun.

Arrmand stomped up the rickety stairwell. On the top step of said stairwell his black boot crashed through the wood. He cursed loudly, and tried in vain to free himself.

"Treva, your floor is eating me!" He yelled.

The sallow woman scampered up the steps, her face seemed to yell her dislike for the man at the top of its lungs. She would have sent him packing long ago if he didn't pay triple the rent he was asked to.

"So sorry sir...sorry, horrible misfortune...so sorry." She muttered, helping Arrmand free his foot.

"You should be! Why I ever bother to give you money for the right to stay in a room meant for..."

"So sorry, do everything I can, limited budget and all."

She scampered off, the oily knot of blonde on her head bouncing as she descended the stairs.

Arrmand growled and stomped down the hall, past rooms 1025, 1026, 1027, 1028...

Anonymous

Vissir suddenly went very pale as she heard Arrmand's yelling and cursing. She looked at the door, and heard his boots thudding towards them.

"Oh my gods."

Humans. She hated humans. And as the footfalls came nearer her mind was transported into another place...

Running, footfalls.

"Nadia, wassis happening?"

A cry, a wing, soft with sparkling green feathers enfolding her, pressing her to a pearly scaled side.

Nadia roaring, fire, it was everywhere.

And the footfalls, and the cries of the men, and the fear.

Coming closer.

Vissir blinked, and grabbed Kanto's arm, which just happened to be the closest solid thing around, and tried to bring herself back to reality.

It wasn't very pleasant either.

You know, she thought in some corner of her mind, maybe I should have jumped out of that window after all...

Anonymous

OOC:  So sorry for the taking so long to post!  My computers been acting all screwy so I havn't been able to do anything.  And I also got a new job so I am just trying to post as often as I can, so sorry for the short post!

IC:  Matai felt Vissir tighten up, her hand still upon the girls shoulder, and she turned her green eyes to look at her.  Vissir had suddenly become very pale and scared looking.  Matai followed her gaze to the door and then heard the footsteps approaching the door...  It must be Arrmand.  

Matai suddenly had a bit of panic well up inside her at the thought of facing the man.  She removed her hand from Vissir's shoulder and clenched her hands together, wringing them slightly.  She didn't know him, but seeing the shape that Vissir was in earlier at Arrmands hands, she didn't want to take any chances.

She didn't know whether or not to stay, not knowing which would make the situation better.  So she decided to stay, for either way she would see Arrmand.

Anonymous

Kanto blinked down at Vissir as she attatched herself to his arm in a fit of fear and panic. But he could understand why...that man had nearly bashed her head it. He'd be pretty scared too...well, if he wasn't so sure he could take care of himself, that is.
His other gloved hand came up to cover hers on his arm, and he gave her a reassuring grin.
"It's alright." He said softly, glancing at Matai and sensing the same feeling in her as well.
So, the same grin was turned on her as well, trying to reassure her some little bit if he could.

His newly blue eyes then turned to the door and watched it closely, awaiting Arrmand's arrival. He would protect the women now, he knew it. It wasn't so much of a decision he had made. It was simply that he wouldn't feel right letting them fend for themselves against a potentially dangerous man.
It must be his chivalrous side sticking out again...

(Ah, tis ok! ^_^ Congrats on getting a job!)

Anonymous

He entered the room with a quite litany of cursing.

As soon as Arrmand closed the door, he knew that things had changed. As he saw his plaything's hand on his guard's shoulder, he was suddenly glad that he had not paid in full. Arrmand stepped towards them and grabbed the healer by the hair. Pretty thing, not as pretty as his toy though.

"You, I believe that you are done with your job, yes? Good, " Arramnd went on without pause, walking over to the restored window. His hand firmly on the woman's wrist, he opened said window and shoved her onto the small landing outside it.  "In that case you may as well get going."

He turned, one hand perched non-chalantly on his dagger, one of six.

"I can take it from here, thank you for your services,"

He grabbed Vissir's free arm and pulled her roughly, hoping to dislodge her grip on Kanto.

"I seriously hope that you kept her from causing trouble, and that your new bond..." He glanced pointedly at Vissir's hand on Kanto's arm, "...was not forged in bed. I think I can handle her myself now, you are dismissed."