Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hello

Started by Streetie, May 27, 2019, 01:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Streetie

Hello there! My name is Streetie, and I am completely new to RP! I'm currently 20 years old and am looking for help! I have my character sheet here but don't really know what to fill in or how to go about it! If anyone can help me, I'm in the discord, or you can PM me on here! Thanks!

---Streetie :)                 

yuhsemite-man

Hey Streetie! I'm new here too haha. To set up your character, on the main page there's this section called character registration or something like that and it shows a list of all the places you can RP in. You can read up on these places by going to the very top and clicking "The World."
From the list of places, click where you want your character to live or be based. On the registration form somewhere there's a post by someone called "Viscount Rhi Rhi" I think that has the general format for making a character, though you can use whatever format you'd like.
After you make your character sheet, copy the link to the page on your clipboard. Then go back to the main homepage to the section called "Character catalogues." Make a new page there, and click the button above the text box where you write that looks like a globe and says "insert hyper link." I would show you the code, but it won't let me! It automatically turns it into a link. You could ask someone on the discord how to do this if what I'm saying doesn't make sense.
Anyways, the character catalogue page is for you and people to easily find and sort your characters. Then, copy the link to the catalogue and go to your profile, modify it, and paste the link to the catalogue page under the slot for character catalogue.

I hope this helps! And if you want to start a thread, hit me up!

DragonSong

Heya!

Basically the above is a good walkthrough; if you need more specific help you can reach out to pretty much anyone on discord 😊

This is the link to the Joining Form. Basically just copy this and then post a "new topic" in whichever board you want your character to be based in (see here).

A lot of people find it helpful to also have their characters linked in their signatures once they're up (as you can probably tell lol).

If you need more help don't hesitate to PM directly! ^.^

quaggan

Greetings! I saw you had a pusheen picture on discord so I had to say hello! (Here, since I'm too old and decrepit for newfangled gizmos like discord)

Aside from character making, an useful thing to fill in is a wants and limits form, to be posted in this forum . I also recommend checking the forms of people you play with, just to know what they're up for.