Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

DikkeVetteVlinder's Wants and Limits

Started by DikkeVetteVlinder, December 09, 2020, 02:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DikkeVetteVlinder

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
- Mystery
I like it when there's something the characters are (mostly) clueless about, but which they do need to figure out and fast.
- Action
I like to put characters in adrenaline pumping situations that really force them out of their comfortzone.
While I'm not against competent characters by any means, I like my action to just exceed their competence, so that they're challenged and have to up their game.

Essentially a lot of what I'm into can be summarized as situations that require someone to grow as a person, whether they need to get stronger physically, work through mental things or learn to think outside of the box, I want them to be underprepared for the matter at hand, even if they don't think they are.

As for relationships, I like both platonic and romantic relationships, but I mostly like to give it a chance to develop naturally.
I like it when a couple isn't perfect. When people are just really trying their best to make everything work, with all the highs and lows that come with that.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
- Exclusively romance
I need a mix of things. Purely romance just doesn't do it for me.
- Relationships with truly unhealthy dynamics are hit or miss with me. When presented as flawed and unhealthy, I don't have an issue with it,

What are your favorite character types to play?
I have a few archetypes I seem to return to;
- Cocky and charismatic, but still friendly and well-intended
- The hardcore survivor that doesn't necessarily want to do harm, but will also do whatever it takes to get where they feel they need to be
- The sensitive introvert with trust issues
- The naive but assertive idealist; all good intentions but less than perfect solutions.

Other recurring themes include:
- Characters that struggle with vulnerability in some way
- Characters that overestimate themselves
- Characters that have crafted a more flattering narrative for all the baggage they carry than what is really going on
- Flawed dynamics
- Character strengths and weaknesses being interchangeable depending on the situation

I also enjoy writing villains. Those tend to vary from well-intentioned but gone off the deep end to outright sadistic. Their motives, how far they are willing to go etc usually depends on who I'm writing with and what we are both comfortable with.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Both. In some situations I prefer planning, but I also like it when my rp partner surprises me with a good twist.
I love ooc brainstorming, too.

How do you feel about group threads?
Not my thing, can never keep up.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
Nudging is always fine. My reply speeds varies, since my schedule is all over the place. Post length definitely affects it.
But because of that, never feel like you're bothering me with a quick headsup.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I've legit resumed rp's with someone after months. If you need a break you need a break, and I'm super flexible with these things.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Love it.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
I like it when we both have time.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Really varies. I like longer posts for setting the scene, shorter ones for dialogue and action.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Nothing that springs to mind currently

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
The thing where actions are put between asterisks? Not really my cup of tea.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
I really don't dig godmoding or powerplaying at all. However, a quick headsup usually solves this. Just ask, really. "Is it okay if my character knocks yours out" "Sure"

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I'm open to a lot as long as I feel it makes sense for the characters and we are both comfortable with it.
With heavier themes I do want to thoroughly discuss the specifics, because sometimes being okay or not okay with something can hinge on a small nuance.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Same as the above; I can handle most themes, but it's often dependent on how its portrayed and the specifics of the situation.
I wouldn't say there's any theme I can't do at all, full stop. So while you can always approach me with darker ideas, whether I go along with them or not can really vary.
I've written some pretty dark things, but usually in solo fics; I'm a little more cautious when other people's characters are involved.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
It's not really a theme that interests me a lot, but I'd be okay with all of the above if it were to come up.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Magical healing really needs drawbacks for me. Especially when it comes to impactful injuries that serve an important role in the story.
If the plot relies heavily on the danger of physical injury and death, for example, I'd want magical healing to be very limited.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Cool shit, love that.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
Not at the moment