Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How do you know your magic sword is blunt? (An introduction and a bad joke)

Started by AsherTheElf, August 14, 2021, 03:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsherTheElf

When it starts critiquing your form during combat.
          Hi, my name's Asher, sorry about the stupid joke, but I'm one for the cringe. I just joined last night because the roleplays on this website are high fantasy and I've been looking for that. I'd like to say my roleplaying is strong, but I mirror, so it really depends. I'm not really against much, and I'm willing to try anything once, so if you have any plots you have that you haven't been able to play through, let me know! Thanks for reading this

Draconian

Welcome to SotE!

There isn't much out of character activity on the site its self but we're pretty active on the discord! :)

Don't be worried about jumping in feet first and reaching out to ask about characters you may see that interest you!

visualspice

Hey! Welcome to SotE! Hope you have as much fun here as the rest of us  :D
Should you have any questions (or more Dad jokes.. heck or even puns..) Go ahead and do your thing!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

quaggan

Welcome to SotE! I hope you like it here! Personally, I loved the joke. I see you've already made a character - do you have plans for Erin's mystical adventure, or is it just a general desire to get her some threads?

AsherTheElf

Quote from: quaggan on August 15, 2021, 06:56:47 AM
Welcome to SotE! I hope you like it here! Personally, I loved the joke. I see you've already made a character - do you have plans for Erin's mystical adventure, or is it just a general desire to get her some threads?
Just a general desire to get some threads going. There is no true plan, and thank you for appreciating my terrible jokes, got hundreds more if you ever want to hear them!

quaggan

Alright then, I took a look at my characters and came up with some people that Erin might thread with:

- Essyrn is a treacherous place! If her mystical quest takes her there, it's best that Erin gets a guide. Vei comes with the additional feature of not looking down on foreigners, being ethnically one himself - and this part is free!

- Zantaric is... even a worse place! I feel bad for sending poor Erin to the worst of Le'raana! I have there a tiny idiot making enemies in all the wrong places and fighting crime. Would Erin like to help out?

- Erin isn't unreasonably prejudiced against necromancy, is she? I'm sure such a sensible person could have some great fun with Rhuneth (who could definitely use some living friends too).

Feel free to also take a look at my catalogue and let me know if there are any other characters that caught your eye!

AsherTheElf

Quote from: quaggan on August 17, 2021, 07:34:51 AM
Alright then, I took a look at my characters and came up with some people that Erin might thread with:

- Essyrn is a treacherous place! If her mystical quest takes her there, it's best that Erin gets a guide. Vei comes with the additional feature of not looking down on foreigners, being ethnically one himself - and this part is free!

- Zantaric is... even a worse place! I feel bad for sending poor Erin to the worst of Le'raana! I have there a tiny idiot making enemies in all the wrong places and fighting crime. Would Erin like to help out?

- Erin isn't unreasonably prejudiced against necromancy, is she? I'm sure such a sensible person could have some great fun with Rhuneth (who could definitely use some living friends too).

Feel free to also take a look at my catalogue and let me know if there are any other characters that caught your eye!

We could rp with Vei or Rhuneth, if you'd like. I'm very glad your characters are more developed than Erin, it gave me a better understanding of them. If you have any questions about her, then feel free to ask. I know it's frustrating to start a thread with a character you hardly understand.

quaggan

Thank you for your swift response! I have a few questions then:
- Do you want to do two threads simultaneously, or start with just one? I have a small preference for the latter, as it would prevent timeline conflicts from arising
- If one, do you prefer to start with Vei or Rhuneth? I can always toss a coin to decide if you don't know.
- Do you want to start the thread, or shall I?
- I checked your wants and limits just to make sure what level of planning you'd like to do pre-thread. What do you want to happen?

AsherTheElf

Quote from: quaggan on August 18, 2021, 07:51:32 AM
Thank you for your swift response! I have a few questions then:
- Do you want to do two threads simultaneously, or start with just one? I have a small preference for the latter, as it would prevent timeline conflicts from arising
- If one, do you prefer to start with Vei or Rhuneth? I can always toss a coin to decide if you don't know.
- Do you want to start the thread, or shall I?
- I checked your wants and limits just to make sure what level of planning you'd like to do pre-thread. What do you want to happen?
We could start with one character, and if we like writing together, start a new thread for the other, as of which character, I'm fine with either. I wouldn't mind anything happening, though I am more experienced in writing for platonic and romantic relationships. They could always just end up traveling buddies or acquaintances.

quaggan

Alright. If you'd like a traveling buddy, Rhuneth would work better, as Vei isn't likely to leave Essyrn with his family there. Do you prefer to start a thread and set the scene, or shall I?

AsherTheElf

Quote from: quaggan on August 19, 2021, 06:51:09 AM
Alright. If you'd like a traveling buddy, Rhuneth would work better, as Vei isn't likely to leave Essyrn with his family there. Do you prefer to start a thread and set the scene, or shall I?
Could you, please?

quaggan

Alright, I will get started on it and let you know once it's ready.

quaggan

I am almost done writing it up, I just wanted to get your okay on the final product before I post it. I picked Coastal Serendipity since I hadn't had a thread there yet, but I can change it if you'd like. I was thinking the encounter could take place in the wilds/forest, since Erin is a hunter and thus would have a reason to be there.

AsherTheElf

quaggan

AsherTheElf

I'm sorry it's taken so long, I've had to take a break from most things due to my mental health getting so bad. I'll try harder, though

quaggan

Don't worry, it's okay. I have a lot to reply too anyway. Take your time.