Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Helping hands in Prisoner lands

Started by LostSoul, May 15, 2022, 06:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

His brows went up, city folk do leave their cities and high walls? Huh...why doesn't he get to go the city then when he was younger? He shrugged after a brief moment of thought.

He was distracted then by her gaze, and sought to follow, he always thought the cities would have fuller jails...it seemed it was not the case at the moment. He snorted at her comment with a chuckle

"Aye, of course they are, with a fancy lord backing them and everythin." he says with a snicker before moving closer to the bars "Speaking of guards and fancy lords, I'm surprised they ain't back yet." he says, he heard foot steps approaching, but they were so slow, that it would probably be another minute or two before anyone, much less someone with food, would come by.

He wiped some sweat off his brow as he stood up, brushing the straw off of him, and frowning at a new dirt stain, grumbling about having to wash it in a river, or barrel, later.

visualspice

Missendria gave a bitter laugh.
"Lord Brawsell I'm sure has more important things to do. He's a foreign lord with a big mouth that ought to be his title. He brings his Connlaothian complex to Serendipity and acts as if he's holier than though.  Men like that I can't stand."

Politics were bad enough. Northern ones were worse.

Her thoughts were cut short when the foot steps approached, door opening to the jail as a man stepped through and turned on his heel to view the cell.

"Well, Missendria Rakkel, what a pleasant surprise.  I haven't seen you in what... a good few weeks. Miss the cells here that much?"

The woman merely glared before looking away. Arms folded across her chest, she grumbled, "Oh, captain my captain, how could I ever desire to be away from your cells for too long? The extra piss in this one is lovely, like rose buds on a summer day."

The captain snorted.
"Ah, typical reply. But would we expect anything less. And this time.." His eyes went to Godfrey.  "I see you brought an accomplice?" The captain rapped on the cell bars nearest the farm hand.

"You sir, Full name please and Residence. "

"Aren't you gonna ask for my information too?: she asked, giving petty bats of her eye lashes.

He ignored her. Jerk. He did have to walk past her to talk to Godfrey. So she decides to interject.

"You can just call him 'farm boy'," But as soon as she said it the captain held up a hand for silence , eyes never leaving the other man. "Quiet, Missendria, if I wanted you to speak for your lover,  I would have asked. Now.." the captain continued,  dark eyes in Godfrey. "Your name."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey listened, a foreign lord? Having power on another countries soil? He frowned slightly, hand on his chin in thought, that was suspicious. He furrowed his brows as he listened to the rest, it seems she was not a fan of these Connlaothians...who ever they were.

He blinked when he heard footsteps, actually close ones this time, brows going up as said person arriving started to speak with the woman. He grinned, Missendria...and she was a free woman, fancy last name and everything, Missendria Rakkel. He leaned against the bars, arms crossing as he watched until 'accomplice' came out of the mans mouth. He frowned, going to speak before the bars were hit near him.

He gave the man a look up an down, eyes flicking from the two as the bickering continued before he swallowed and went to speak

"Son of Simonous, I'm a serf, so no land to speak of  besides wot Lord Maerwen gives us to work land Ser." he says with a nod and a grin, holding his dirty, straw covered hand in greetings, ignoring the claim of lover. Like a farmer could woo a free girl, pffffft, got to have fancy words for that, and he most certainly was not fancy in speech, clothing, nor form. He glanced to see if there was other guards, it seemed not before glancing again. It was up to this captain it seems.

visualspice

The captain  nodded as he listened to Godfrey, lips then pressing in a line as he looked him over, then gestured towards Missendria.

"In your own words,  you mind explaining to me what you were doing with Miss Rakkel and with Lord Brawsell this eve?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey nods "Of course Ser, me father was thinking of selling things mayhaps in the city, and I wanted to explore past the fields and forests. So he sent me out, had me a sword and pack, to go check out any potential buyers that thar be in the city for our lord." He starts with gestures and proud grin after nodding, looking happy to give his story.

"Then, uh, I got lost explorin the place Ser, was going down one of the smaller streets ya see. Then when I turn the corner, both the lord and the lady were on the ground, the lord on top, pressing the dagger to her neck. I was unaware of how they got thar, but I sure wasn't going to let a maiden get stabbed. Don't sit right ya know? So I charged him, we tussled. He threw me off like I was buck a sack of wheat."

He says going into detail and making motions before chuckling sheepishly "Err, I may have called the lord a liar...nay thought he was a lord, but a thief or thug Ser, went to charge him, the lady stopped me, the guards came, and thats how we ended up here." he says with a final nod before his brows went up "Oh! I can't see if the lady is a thief or what was happening before I arrived Ser. The only thing I know was that the lord had a knife to her neck and reacted." he followed up quickly with his arms crossing and more nods after his semi-dramatic retelling of the situation.

visualspice

The captain chewed over the man's words before giving a curt nod.
"Thank you. I will take your story into consideration. For now, the pair of you will have to sit tight, at least for the evening.  Assaulting a lord is a serious offense. By the morrow,  we will converse again. For now, you will be fed porridge before lights out."

He turned to leave, giving Missendria a look before he paused at the door.
He turned to Godfrey.
"Word of advice. City women are trouble. It's best you steer clear of all of them."
And with that, he stepped outside of the room and the pair were left alone once again.

LostSoul

He grinned with a nod, the grin became brighter as he heard porridge,  he did a little cheer.

He seemed chipper, nodding as he got the advice from the Captain looking at Missendria cautiously before sitting down, staying quite until the captain left, making sure it was completely silent before putting his head into his hands

"Oh no, my pa is goin to kill me once he finds out I've been arrested and left without is permission." he says in a very 'oh no' sort of way, groaning slightly before scratching his head angrily before looking up with a big sigh and glancing her way with a chuckle

"Well, guess whar stuck until the marrow eh?" he says as he grins lazily, but is obviously slightly freaked out. He couldn't confess he left without his lords permission, much less without telling his father, they would put him in the stocks. Thankfully, his town a couple of days worth of travel, but he would be a goner if they sent him back with an official word from a captain!? He closed his eyes as he tried not to think about it, and instead about how he was going to be given food and not have to hunt for it tonight.

visualspice

Missendria kept her back to Godfrey for a time, watching the captain as he left. She didn't turn to the farm boy, not yet, but digested his words as her eyes grew distant in thought. When he was done speaking, she turned around, not really looking at him as she shrugged.

"Don't get too excited.  The porridge was probably sitting in the pot, cold from last week."

LostSoul

Godfrey was distracted by his testifying to notice her too much until done, and even then he grinned, give her some space still. He merely sat back down with his straw figure, and just relaxed before he glanced over as she spoke. He answered with a laugh

"Well, I was gonna have to hunt or fish for something tonight...'eard they sometimes don't give out food, so I'll take it as luck eh? Would rather prefer the hot thing...or some steak, but at least I'm not going hungry!" he says with a laugh, he tilts his head though at her reaction, before shrugging and closing his eyes for a moment, allowing himself to dream of being in a better place, where he was successful, that he didn't have to run from a pack of wolves in terror, that he could have warm food every day.

visualspice

Missendria just stared at him. She even smiled a little.
"Are all country boys this humbled and niave?"
It was certainly... different. Most men in the city were all the same.
"And I think hunting your food would give you a better survival rating than the rot we're going to get."

LostSoul

Godfrey opened an eye, looking around to find her before speaking.

"Depends on whar ya from, for me, spent too much time running, or fighting off things I thought I could take, learnt the hard way, like how much larger the world is than just the village and forest...and nay sure wot naive is? Heard it was a compliment, so thank ya!" he says with a grin.

Then, his face pales, his other eye opening, in shock, a look of utter disappointment "Y-ya be jokin right? It can't be worse than bog soup? Right?" he asks with a slight twinge of panic, but mostly extreme disappointment and shock that they are serving ROT to prisoners. Like, make them starve, sure, but ROT! What is wrong with you, torture, not having edible food? What evil bastards. He shook his head, his once happy look replaced with stoic firmness.

"Guess it'll be a long night than..." he says factually, trying to hide the sadness that he'll be eating something like rot, he sniffles slightly, yet no tears.

visualspice

By the way he spoke, she had to wonder how young he was. Clearly just becoming a man, it seemed, a new born babe to this cruel world of reality. She thought about her own naivety and recalled when her own was shattered. She supposed She wasn't even that old herself.. old enough to know better.

And old enough to know she hadn't a choice. But she found herself staring at her crestfallen cell mate before she turned away, staring off at nothing in particular.

"I know I didn't really say it earlier. But thanks," She muttered, shifting uncomfortable at the words. "Lord... Brawsell ... he's an asshole, to put it bluntly. So when I was told to lift his purse,  I gladly accepted."Not that she had a choice. "Truthfully, it should have been an easy job but..." shr gestured outwardly.  "Here we are."

She studied him a moment before looking away again.
"Least you'll be out of here come morning."

LostSoul

He was dejected, having to eat rot? What...what a shame, when he gets out of here, he was going to cook up some rabbit stew, way better than rot...maybe on the shoreline, far away. His thoughts wandered until he heard her speak again. His brows going up, she thanked him! Mission accomplished! He couldn't help but grin, he did suppress the mirthful chuckle though.

His mood faltered slightly as she continued, nodding with her words. Yeah, guy was a bag of dicks alright. He stopped nodding, wait, 'was told'? He leaned forward, brows furrowed, waving a hand in the air.

"Wait, wait, wait, so ya were told to flitch that hill giant? I'm not one from stealin, but mayhaps thar were setting ya up to fail? If ya don't mind me askin?" he asks with a raised brow, resting his arms on his legs, he was going to ask her why, but who the fact it took hours to get a thankful, probably meant that she wouldn't tell him why she was taking mysterious orders to steal. His eyes squinted in thought, thus the rabbit hole got deeper.

visualspice

Missendria kept her eyes on the farm boy, mildly entertained.
"Someone tells you to plow the fields, do they not? Well, my job was to pick pocket the giant." She shrugged at his comment about being set up to fail and sighed. "I haven't failed yet. There's always tomorrow."

LostSoul

Godfrey tilted his head, he never thought of it that way before gasp she was a serf to some....some, robber baron! He leaned back to rub his chin, and thus the mystery gets deeper. Such as if like many serfs, she wants to be free, or simply staying where she is at.

He frowned in his pondering before shrugging and nodding with a grin "Aye, always tomorrow, best if ya don't get caught me thinks." he says with a chuckle before moving some straw around to be more comfortable, taking some spare to create another doll of straw.

"Want a straw figure for good luck? Heard that ya can take one with, or burn one if its shaped like yar enemy to give 'im bad luck, might make things easier for ya." he says as he begins to idly work, not much else to do in this cell.

visualspice

Missendria couldn't hide her smile, though it seemed like she had been trying. She watched him a moment and plucked at a piece of the straw before casually twirling it between two fingers.

"You probably shouldn't. I'd probably end up hanging for murder."

LostSoul

He snickered, working on crafting some sort of figure, a lazy grin on his face as he worked, eyes sometimes flicking on too her before returning too his figure, his smile fading

he goes to open his mouth, but shuts it, and goes back to smiling, humming a soft tune.

Eventually, some guard arrives with two bowls of...uh, porridge? If thats what that gruel could be called. Godfrey was almost done with the straw doll, he had a base figure,  but compared to the one that he made previously, this one had a dress, and was obviously female. He sat up with glee as he heard food, and his face immediately fell into woo and disarray. A very sad frown formed on his lips, as he closes his eyes, a single tear escaping  as he mourned over what he thought was food, but in fact, was food in pretend.

visualspice

The guards bringing their food was a nice distraction, but she wasn't about to eat any of that slop they were serving.  They passed it between the bars, not bothering to care when one tipped over. Then the guard barked out, "Be sure to eat up. Lights out within the hour. Then you're stuck with the night guard."

Missendria hardly seemed phased, arms folded as she leaned against the wall and watched the guard leave. Then she turned towards the bowls. It almost appeared as if maggots were crawling in it, but she wasn't close enough to confirm.  It didn't even smell that appetizing.

LostSoul

Godfrey stared, he stared hard, like he was contemplating eating it, then he saw it move, he shook his head, and went back down, fishing on what he was working on his doll, after he was finished, he tossed it towards her.

"Here, for ya good luck, I think I'll probably be out tommorow, and I think ya'll need it." he says with a grin, the growling of his stomach filling the silence, which he ignores and rolls over to his side, back towards her to fall asleep. He was just going to pretend he was not ravenously hungry...and dream about bacon, mmmmm, bacon.

The doll was straw, no facial features, it wore a dress roughly put together, female in shape with long hair, about her length, otherwise, it was not remarkable, much like a country kids toy than any work of art.

visualspice

Missendria caught the doll and blinked, peering down at the crude construction and noting the small details if the dress and hair.

''Well, wouldn't ya know. Farm boy's a charmer." She thought with a smirk. It made her feel a bit more guilty she dragged him into this. She supposed he was only trying to help. But she pushed those emotions aside. It just made things easier.  Just keep everyone an arms length away.

"You're pretty good at these. Do you make straw dolls for all the girls you share jail cells with or am I just lucky you shared one with me with just.." she gestured about as she went on with sarcastic dramatics. "so much ample straw?"