Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wraith [M]

Started by visualspice, June 11, 2022, 04:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Tags to @LostSoul
Mature theme due to horror themes

----

"Miss Missendria, I'm quite surprised by your deceit.  You, a beholden of a debt impaired, seemed atleast wiser than most frail waifs charged for their men's misdeeds. It never occurred to me your last inquiry of payment suggested you were this anxious to see the debt fulfilled. Had I but known you were starved for reckoning, I would have told the steward a more proper deed, one that could have abolished all such future debts held unto me. The money and interest your lost love owed was quite steep, but seems to me you believe this freedom to debt is atleast worth your life or you would never feign to forfeit it in such a public manner."

The chained woman lurched forward viciously, fire evident in atleast one eye, the other having been swollen shut by fresh bruises that matched the ones lumped all over her soiled and battered body.
"Fuck you."

The man seated at the simple mahogany desk smiled,  eyes shining and never leaving her form before he rose from his chair.
"Now, is that any way to speak to the man who just saved your life?"

She spat at him, the gob landed unpleasantly upon his cheek.

He took his time to reach into his breast pocket, producing a clean,  white kerchief and wiped the spit away.

"Ahh, Missendria,  what a fiery spirit for a woman so easily bought," he went on, words barbed as he ran a gloved hand through her hair. It seemed she might spit at him again , but his fist gripped onto her hair and yanked her head back viciously.

"I'd mind your tongue if I were you. A man in my position only has so much room for tolerance, " he said coldly,  producing a knife and resting its cold, flat length to her neck.

He saw her mouth open as if to speak,  but she closed it as she trembled,  eyes still hot as flames.

"That's a good girl. I'd hate to cut out that tongue." He slipped the knife away and took a step back,  looking critically over her chained form.

He tsked .
"No.. this will never do. How long have you been playing dead? Ah, yes, most of the year. Well, the punishment should be fitting. Survive 'the wraith' and the debt will be returned to you.... double what you owe."

Missendria's eye widened,  fear gripping her heart at the very mention of her intended punishment.
'The Wraith'. She had only heard it mentioned darkly, a punishment with barely a survivor, torture so awful none dare speak of it except to arouse the spine tingling truth of what it was. Horror above horrors. And pain beyond imagination.

He smiled as he saw the fear plaguing her now.
"Good.. they didn't beat you senseless enough not to understand true fear " The man stepped around her, studying her form as she trembled in true fear and rage.
" You shouldn't look so distraught.  Not many survive such punishment. Then again.." he went on, pausing as he moved towards his desk and picked up a long, cold, coiling dark chain lined with long black barbs.
"If you die,  all debts would be lifted. " He turned to her, eyes cold. "Isn't that what you wish?"

He approached her, stroking the chain up her arm and yielding a pained shiver from her. She began to panic, began to beg- but a hard slap across her face silenced her. Though she wept.

"Tsk, tsk. You knew the repercussions for crossing me. I make my rules very clear.  And there are no exceptions to the rules. "

Somewhere to the unbeaten path she was taken, body wrapped in wicked spiked chains that dragged her across the roads behind his horse. It was always a personal task he took up, wracking the body along the worse trails, tested against the worse trials of pain...
And then hung for dead, chained wrapped from neck to feet, on the top most branch of a dying tree, a feast for the vultures and a burial for pride.

Live and the debt is doubled. Die and you're free.

Missendria hasn't known how many days or nights had past,  but each felt worse than the last. Dry winds and hungry birds would come to visit,  pecking raw at her weary flesh.  She'd cry out in pain,  startling the beasts until she'd pass out..only for them to start again. Several days in, she began to lose her voice, the birds viciously when they'd feast. Yet somehow she still clung onto this bitter life, whole her mind began to bend and warp beneath the thirst and the pain.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

He had been searching, he had been searching for three days past the day he was due to meet her. He gave himself a ten day head start. Ten days to search for her to learn nothing, just recently did he receive a hint, a clue, in his search. He had even rented a horse in exchange for a days worth of lumber.

The year had been weary, draining...he had learnt many hard lessons, seen so much pain, felt so much pain, both in body and emotionally. This world was so full of pain, of evil...one day, one day he would make enough to where he could build a place, where his friends could be safe, where he relax, a place where the shadow didn't exist, a place of peace.

The horse clomped slowly on the road. He sat heavy in the saddle, it took two days to get used to riding the lad, feisty being he was. For many, it would be hard, in comparison to what he walked with every day, it was but a pebble on top of the rock.

His armor had dulled with dust, his face grim, eyes bagged from his search, a bag heavy with supplies, the horse with its own, including a kit for camping. Last he heard, Missendria was to be around the city still, but in fact in the country around the area. That was a good sign, means she didn't go far, still some what familiar territory...maybe he'll have a friend to bring home this time. He smiled at the thought, before shaking his head, alas, it would be but a day before leaving for another year...yet that one day is what kept him going some days.

He kept traveling, going deeper into the plains, a little ways from the town he last left her at, heading away from the city. He traveled a bit more, until he saw a flock of birds, vultures, in the distance. He decided to check that way, Vultures, flocked around the corpses or those dying.

He brought the horse to a gallop, riding towards the birds. Once he made it he stopped breathing and went pale. He saw the hair, the lone tree, almost corpse like hanging from the tree by cruel barbs, the rib cage visible, skin cracked with heat and dryness, chunks missing from where the birds nipped.

The world slowed and went silent as he got off the horse, running over to check how she hung, he looked the contraption over, he's seen it before, but only for murders back in the northern cities, called it a wraith, a cruel way to die, warlords would have them hanging out the walls, especially ogres and necromancers, made fine scarecrows and warnings. He began to work on getting the barbs out, moving slowly, most likely they would be barbed.

It took him time, bit by bit until she was free. Catching her as she fell before scrambling to get water for her, pouring some. He had to think...with these wounds, she wouldn't make it far...he could take her to the village, but even that old bat wouldn't be able to do much besides ease the pain, the wounds too deep, too starved, too thirsty...the priestess, there was a wright, a ritual of old she told him of. But she would need to make it back alive for that.

he started to pull gauze to bandage and stop any bleeding, giving her sips of water at a time. His mind was numb, he felt like he should panic, but he couldn't, if he panicked he would loss another, he would not loss her, nor EVER leave her alone again. He kept work on her in pale silence. He would find the person one day who did this, and rip his head off with his bare hands. He would not loss another not again.

He kept work on getting her patched up best she can, he would have to have the horse go fast to make it back, but they could, it was the only choice she had. Yalthnea look kindly on them.

visualspice

She was vaguely aware something was happening, her body being moved but she couldn't open her eyes, or if they were, her gaze could not be focused. She barely made any audible noises , soft moans here or there to indicate she was alive, but even that was incoherent. And her body was limp, clothing mostly torn off and her body soaked in fresh and old blood alike, painting her flesh and making her skin seem more ash in color. And her breathing was shallow, her focus dimming but it did seem she was trying to look around.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

He kept working until she was secure

"Its ok, I got ya, nor am I ever leaving ya again." he said once he was done making her look like a mummy

He then carefully scooped her up, carefully moving her to the horse. which snorted at the smell before putting her gently on the horse, then mounting the horse, then going to hold her so she's more or less resting on him compared to the horse, less bumpy from what he heard.

He then directed the horse to ride, and fast they did.

Through tree's, plains and hills they went at the gallop barely stopping as they passed the village save for Godfrey to get some salve, or to give her sips of water. Soon the tree's grew thicker as they went, older, the leaves turning from bright green to golden yellow and thick. The path more dirt like yet still well treaded, country roads.

Eventually, they reached a clearing with a wood wall, the tips sharpened, the sun high in the sky over a large open field full of farms wheat and houses, a small fort on the hill over looking it all. The area hilly forest besides the clearing.

The guards large and burly folk, raising a hand to stop, both six foot in height, in chain and kettle hats, bearing large spears of iron

"Halt, nay passing till we get a go-by Yalthnea." the guard said spotting the girl then Godfrey as he opened  the gate with his buddy

"Get! Get!" he said quickly as Godfrey rode in, the guards yelling to clear the streets.

The people were large here. The men burly, used to hard work or combat, bearded as they toiled in fields, worked by the fire, or stood at duty. Those at rest drinking ale  on large barrels outside large open sprawling taverns.

The woman round. Those that were poorer were less round, the richer the fatter. Working on moving cattle, milking cows, cooking, or eating. Food seemed to be all around in great quantities.

The people lively and full of cheer, so such a sight shocked them and all cleared, concern on their faces as the guards cleared the streets as Godfrey ran through them. People watching in interest. Children on parents shoulders or stopping to watch from their antics. Others from their meals.

He road through the small town, the buildings large but spread out, approaching a hill with a large opening, stopping as he got off slowly and carefully with Missendria before walking into the opening, not a word yet spoken on the trip, letting her rest, not daring to worry when he had a condition to fix.

Inside was dark, lit by candles, being held up by a giant statue of Yalthnea, just as large as the mini statue Godfrey showed her, just taller and wider and made of stone.

In front of the alter was a large woman with long brown hair in a green cloth robe that may be a little small for her. Curvy in build with a large bulging stomach that she held in both hands, like she was pregnant, but she was sitting in front of an empty table that showed scraps of a feast. She was relaxing and recovering from her large meal. It seems the town's fortune was improving if the priestess was putting on weight, was a good sign.

That didn't matter right now as he yelled

"Priestess! I need help! She is dying!" he said as he walked in. The priestess turning, her eyes widening as she stood up with a grunt, one hand on her stomach as she waved him over with urgency

"Good heavens lad! Don't bring me half dead people during second lunch!" she scolded, but also in panic as he directed him to put her down on a stone table in front of the alter. The cave room seemed large, but no chairs besides cushions to sit on, candles lit the entire area.

Godfrey would put his friend down carefully on the stone table as the priestess went to look her over, a frown on her rounded face.

"I nay know if she'll make it, looks starved, and half eaten...best I can do is pa-"

Godfrey interrupted her as he held a hand up

"Blessed of Yalthnea, I'm sorry but is there not a ritual that ya can do? Ya talked about it once that could restore the body? She likely to die without it oh blessed one." he says respectfully bowing his head in reverance.

The priestesses frowned looking down "Aye...thar is one, requires one brave of soul...are ya sure yar willing to risk yar life and soul to help her Godfrey? Son of this blessed land, she is not one of us, is she worth risking yar eternal soul?" she asked carefully, one hand still gently rubbing her stomach as she frowned down at Missendria with brown eyes.

Godfrey nodded, bowing "Aye, she nay one of us, but she is me only friend outside of these walls, I would do anything for me friend, what must I do?" he said before looking up.

The priestess frowned again before her lips tightened before going towards the alter, huffing slightly as she struggles to bend over, hard to bend over when one's gut is stuffed with food and hard a rock from it too. She rose with some powder and paints

"Ya will take the test of the champion, ya will dive into the grove of Yalthnea, you and her. Thar ya will fight her wounds. The more ya succeed against the monster, the more she will recover...however, what happens to ya thar, happens to ya here, nor do I know how the goddess will take her presence in her realm...nor that this ritual is used to help her children...ya may fully pay the price for this Godfrey, another I ask if ya are willing?" she says as she begans to paint symbols in a thick moss colored paint over  Missendria, like a salve before motioning for Godfrey to sit down, motioning for him to take off his shirt as he nods in silence, watching Missendria with worry.

Godfrey is painted also in symbols as the priestess walks back to sit in front of the alter with a heavy oof as she gets down lighting some incense before looking back "Thrice I ask, are ya ready Godfrey? Ya risk yar self and her."

Godfrey nods again "Send me O blessed sister, this is right, may Yalthnea forgive this sin, and may she look kindly on these deeds." he says lowering his head as he goes to his knees.

The priestess nods, closing her eyes as she begins to hum before bursting into song, two others, junior priestesses in training also walk out, not as large as their teacher, but still chubby join in going to either side of her, one in white, the other in red, armed with drums they began to pound in tandem with the song.

The symbols slowly began to glow a blue color as a sweet smelling incense filled the room. Godfrey's and Missendria's vision blurring until they were some where else entirely the priestesses voices disappearing  to the sounds of birds and jungle.

They arrived in an underground forest lit by bright crystals, the forest lush and over grown. Godfrey was in a clearing, a circle filled with bones, shirtless save for a stone axe, across from him was an 8 foot tall bird demon. It looked like a vulture, flies  buzzed about it, it was thin with open wounds, much like Missendria's its face sunken, almost skeletal as it screeched at Godfrey.

Mean while, not too far away, on a balcony of sorts, Missendria would awaken, with all her wounds, yet no pain and awake. Beside her would be a very large figure in a long flowing robe the color of wheat...it could very well be wheat. The hair the same color of the robe that curled on to the floor such was the length, in chairs they both were. Said large figure had the same proportions of none other then Yalthnea, rubbing her stomach with a great smile as she looked over the edge, where they both had a clear view of what was happening.

She grinned before speaking softly, sounding like someone's mother, maybe even Missendria's "How long it's been since I've had guests, equally as long as I've had a champion and one just as thin arrive, welcome to my realm ya poor starved thing...count ya lucky that someone would do this for ya...it can't remember the last time some one decided to do this ritual, so long since one walked such a path." The goddess said softly, looking at Missendria with pity before looking down below eagerly, like she was excited to watch the bout to the death between the two.

visualspice

Missendria had been drifting between life and death, never aware where she was, when it was or who she was. So when she awoke in some world alike but not quite her own, she stared after the large woman quite puzzled. She seemed somehow familiar, and her voice , familiar too.

She did not sense any animosity from this woman so she approached her slowly.

"Where am I? Where is this place?" She had not yet seen Godfrey and the creature down below.

LostSoul

The large woman was transfixed with the scene below, watching like a mother watching a child grow before looking over with a friendly grin

"Oh dearie, you are in my grove, deep within the earth, I hope you like it, it has shrunk...but it will one day grow, much like myself." said giving herself a pat with a giggle, causing herself to ripple and jiggle with it, like tapping a pool of water before making a motion below them.

"Ya were brought here to heal, my only remaining champion fighting for your life, quite literally dear.  " she said, making a motion as a plate of food appeared between them, though it was hard to tell what it was, switching from grapes, to bread, to even  a fully cooked pig. The goddess reaching down into the ever changing mass to pull out a fig half of Missendria's size, beginning to munch as she watched below.

"If this place had a name...it would be the evergrowth, though, that name has not been used in sometime, sit, and watch with me, let us see how your champion fares."

She said going back to watch eagerly.

Godfrey started to fight with the beast, catching its beak with a loud bash and crack, causing a screech and dodging of talons large and zwihanders. He would duck in and out, swatting at it, causing more wounds to open on the beast before it waved its large rotting feather arm to knock him into the bushes. Godfrey going flying like he was but a bug in comparison, disappearing into the vegetation.

Missendria, if she was paying attention may notice a wound or two close as the battle raged on. The Goddess making a comfortable seat of leaves and puffy mushrooms for Missendria to sit on should she choose. Glancing at her or the battle, watching both eagerly with pride, much like a mother might.

visualspice

Missendria watched on, not certain what she was looking at nor fully comprehending what was going on. She frowned, watching the man go flying with a wince.

"Am I dead?" She asked, not sure what else to think of this or the situation. It seemed, for the moment, she hadn't recognized Godfrey at all. She itched at an arm, and as she did so she glanced down to spot wounds on her arm simply... vanish.

She sat up suddenly, gasping to realize she was covered in wounds.. wound that did not hurt!

LostSoul

The goddess chuckled, a joyful one that was loud like a birds cry, but also  causing shaking, as she held her gut in the belly laugh before wiping a tear from her eye with a grin as things stopped shaking

"No, not yet at least dearie, do you not remember?" she asks before tutting her tongue "Poor thing you, you were strung up, my champion found you, freed ya, and brought you here."  she said before making a motion below where Godfrey jumped out of the bush as the monster peered in, giving it a nasty wound to its head, gushing black vile putrid blood as it yanked its head back as Godfrey skid across the ground, a large bruise on his chest, as he panted.

"The man below is Godfrey and he's currently fighting to save you! How brave." she said clapping her hands after pointing at Missendria and taking another  bite of the gigantic fig before continuing to speak

"If he wins, your wounds are healed, if he fails, he dies, and what damage done to that thing down there is healed on you, so at least even in death his effort will not be in vain." she said before going back to watching the fight in amusement, eyes shining with a gleam of battle lust and pride despite being such a soft swollen looking individual  before looking back curiously to watch her expression

"And you, are the first one that isn't a direct child or blessed by me I had as a guest since the growth ages, what do you think dearie? Does it make more sense?" she asks, not in mocking, but in a motherly teaching fashion, like making sure she understands, lest she have to split her attention from the fight and her.

She takes another bite of fig, the human sized fig almost completely gone already during her munching and talking. Another screech coming from below and cry of pain coming from below,

visualspice

The moment the goddess mentioned his name, her eyes widened and skin paled and before she knew what she was doing, she was trying to throw herself down into the fight!

"Farmboy, stop!"
She couldn't just let him sacrifice himself for her! What on earth was he thinking!?

LostSoul

The goddess laughed, causing herself to ripple again

"Oh baby, you were dying, as far as he thought, this was the only way to save you, he must really like you to risk his life for such." she cooed as she looked down

"Even then, I'm bound from interfering directly for him, I must let my children grow..." she said sadly before glancing down then back at her.

"Unless, you want to interfere?" she asked, but her voice changed, it was still soft, but she sounded excited in a sense as she glanced down again.

Godfrey was fighting, his arm bleeding horrendously from talon scrapings his chest as well,  the monster and him were circling each other panting each, both worn and weary. Resting before the next bout at each other.

visualspice

Missendria panicked. She couldn't just let him fight that creature alone! She shook her head.
"This is my fault.. my burden to bare... Godfrey.. he can't.. just.." she looked around frantically for something,  anything to use as a weapon and when she noted another human sized fig, she rushed over towards it to see what other large foods she could use as a possibly weapon. She settled on a simple pea, muchmuch larger than a normal pea and weighed tons more too! She grunted and carried it towards Godfrey, calling back apologies to the goddess for taking her pea.

"I'm going to need to borrow this!" And she headed over towards the battlefield, strangely struggling with the pea before she felt close enough she could confidently hurl it at the bird.

"Hey, bird brain!" she called, trying to get its attention before hurling the over sized vegetable towards its head.

LostSoul

The goddess laughed, watching with amusement

"You are adorable! Of course, take it..." she said, grinning as she watched, the pea flying over head, the bird not seeming to pay attention to her at all, like she didn't exist, the pea indeed did hit it, bouncing off its head as it looked about before  its leg was hit with the stone axe from Godfrey, his blood spilling on the floor. It shrieked as it clawed at him or tried causing Godfry to tumble away instead.

The goddess appeared beside her for a moment, looking extremely pleased

"Mmmmm, you are entertaining! Very thoughtful, you yourself can't touch the creature, by of course my own realms creations! What a clever girl." she said rippling with another laugh in pride , standing there watching with a large grin before looking over.

"Though, ya can't help much with just a pea, and it won't do much...say, what if you and me make a deal yes? I can see why the boy want you, and I'm quite invested in his success, being my only champion...three gifts for three things from you." she said holding up three pudgy fingers before waving a hand.

"Now now, I won't put you in debt child, of course, you may not like the price of the gifts, but I shall not ask more for you then you can give. I seek growth, and in you, I see the potential for so much, surprising for such a little thing." she said poking at her, clearly amused by her reactions, like watching an child do something unsuspected again and again before glancing back towards Godfrey. Now clearly wounded and tired, though still fighting, the creature the same.

Missendria's wounds half healed by now, but many still remain.

visualspice

Missendria paused a moment to take in the large goddess before scrunching up her face in distaste.

"Forgive me if I'm not sounding so enthused to trust anyone when they want to exchange favors.. that's.. kind of how I got myself here in the first place, " She went on, watching Godfrey with an embarrassed winced at the recollection. "I don't make good choices. He.. he shouldn't have to suffer for those choices I made. It..it isn't right."

LostSoul

The goddess giggled again

"Its ok, you've been hurt much child...anyone would think the same in your situation no? All is forgiven." she said as she sat down with a thump looking her over

"Hmmm, not all choices you made must be bad, after all, if they were, he wouldn't be here for you now, you wouldn't have that cat you care for..." the goddess mused before looking back to the fight in thought then back to her

"Hmmmm, perhaps I shall still lay out the deal...I think I will. One, I offer you the gift of growth." she said grabbing another food item, a pea, but she looks at it as it grows and keeps growing to the size of an elephant before her mouth opens impossibly wide to eat the entire thing, she licks her lips and pats her stomach before looking back.

"The price for the first being that I infuse with you the desire to grow...as you would be unable to use it without such a price, what use is a gift one can't use?" she said musing before  putting up a second finger

"Two, I offer you a champion if you are to be my child." she said as she made a motion towards Godfrey, currently punching the bird thing in the eye while yelling "In return, you watch over him, as he protects you, to watch you grow, you advise him...I have big things planned for him." she said nodding before putting up a third finger

"Three, your debt...I can perhaps help in relieving that, in exchange. Set up a shrine in my name, you don't have to worship me, though, I certainly wouldn't mind if you did." she said giggling  before holding up three gifts

"Three gifts, three prices." she said simply waggling her fingers before looking towards the fight, not pressing the issue before grinning

"Many children make mistakes, same as you, many think the same...but that is why you have friends and family no? To help when bad choices are made, even that boy has made a few, I will not talk about his pain to you, that is his right to share, not mine." she mused, watching eagerly again as Godfrey hits a tree and falls, coughing up some blood the monster hissing at him, but also limping its-sefl.

visualspice

Missendria took in what the goddess offered, the gifts all strange but useful in their own right.But she was tired. Tired of playing games and debts for the want of others.

"No.." she began to say, words careful. "I am no longer in that business to take up any bargains. If I'm to pay a price I'll pay that price. And if some farm boy aims to get in my way, " She went on , smirking as she picked up another pea. "I'll just have to get into his way."

And before the goddess could stop her, Missendria was approaching the battle once more, pea in hand as she waited for the right moment to strike as she threw the over sized pea at the things head and tried to get its attention. She wouldn't let Godfrey do all the dirty work to help her. It was not in her style.

LostSoul

The goddess raised her brows, and watched as yet another one of her peas were wasted on a monster instead of in someone's stomach, sighing, even her deal was rejected. She did nothing but watch, after all, the only thing she could do is watch.

Yet another pea went flying, landing in the monsters mouth as it tried to bite Godfrey, still not noticing her still, but it did save Godfrey from being bit as he caught it on the neck, felling the beast  before collapsing himself from his own injuries.

With the monster defeated, the world would began to fade slowly, turning into a bright white light. The goddess laughing in mirth and joy.

"Be at peace then my child...you known where to look if need something from me." she said in cheer. Would she ever look for her? Maybe, maybe not, but it was not in her nature to reject someone seeking growth, and if not her, then perhaps another will come one day...one day.

Everything turned white and then slowly faded back into reality. Missendria on the stone table, three round faces looking down in surprise, Godfrey on his knees before the table, covered in bandages, almost mummy like, and taking big deep, wheezing breathes.

It seems whatever it was, or happened, was over now.

visualspice

It kind of hurt.. dissolving back into reality, like ripping off a bandaid. Her body tingled, a faint pins and needle feeling that crescendoed into.. nothing. She felt.. nothing and sat up suddenly,  realizing she was no longer with Godfrey's goddess but she was now on a stone table,  strange women clucking over top of her as she scrambled to get off of it before- well, it was too late for the vase she found, as she vomited into it. Though very little was inside her stomach, the sudden traversing of realities wasn't without its payments,  and though the injuries she sustained no longer plagued her and threatened her life, she was still recovering from the mental shock of everything.

She shivered, feeling as if with fever as she groaned and tried to recall what had happened. She recalled when they caught her, chained her up and cast her before her boss.

He was a man she had never seen before,  only having known him by name and been told that was whom the debt was for. Opus Dey. He wasn't what she has been expecting,  but they never were. And how she lived.. survived it all...
She grimaced, recalling the torture as her eyes bubble with hot fresh tears...

And then she recalled the goddess, a strange dream indeed, as she leaned her pale face against the stone table, a hand over her unsettled belly as she tried to keep herself from wrenching again.

LostSoul

The trio of plump priestess gave her space, one gasping

"Not the vase-" then sighing as it was desecrated by stomach contents, hand going to her head and mumbling as the two smaller ones stepped up to help her, acting very much like mother hens, trying to direct her to the table.

"Just settle down dearie, you've been through a lot, its ok, yar safe here."

Meanwhile, Godfrey felt like he just got his ass kicked. Which was true, his left arm was bandaged to his chest, one of his eyes was covered in bandages, and his torso was wrapped in them, to the careful eye, he almost traded wound for wound a little. He didn't raise his head, everything hurt too much, he was also sick, but didn't have the energy to chuck, already having lost his breakfast when the monster first him.

He did glance up, someone was moving, and it was too thin to be anyone from his village "Did it work?" he groaned, unaware his bandages were already blood soaked on him. The larger one went over to check "Yes, she's up and moving, Sylle and Baile are tending to her, now up, don't be a baby, ya asked for this." she said lifting him up to his feet like he was but a small child. He whined in pain, leaning on her for support.

Sylle and Baile were still tending to Missendria, one holding her hair so she didn't barf on it, the other one, pushing calming incense to help with the nausea  and rubbing her back, cooing softly to help her calm down.

The head priestess clucked "Now, fine mess we have here, after she's done being sick, we'll set her beside our Godfrey here and leave them be, have him deal with this." she said moving Godfrey to lean on the wall before the other priestesses went to speak, the head one raising a hand "Nay, nay a word from you two, he's the one commiting heresy by demanding a ritual only saved for our goddesses blessed, he'll pay the price for it." she said, Godfrey going to speak before she merely turned to glance at him. He quickly shut his mouth, not wanting to take a verbal whipping.

After which she nodded "Bring the girl over to relax after she's done desecrating the alter with vomit, a snack is needed after this fine mess, Yalthnea forgive us for these deeds." she prayed before going to waddle off into the back, grumbling about heresy, food, and vomit.

The priestesses nodding, one pulling a cloth for her eyes "Awww, nay shed a tear dearie, you'll be fine you poor thin thing you." one said, going to bring her over gently besides Godfrey before going to scamper off themselves, talking about rags to clean and giggling that they got to do such an old ritual. Leaving Missendria and Godfrey to their own devices.

visualspice

Missendria's head was swimming. Her stomach was still uneasy, but was much more manageable now. She didn't fight it when she was lead away, but the moment she saw Godfrey's condition she nearly was upon him, looking his battered body over with concern.
"Godfrey... you're hurt... how? Did that..the dream.. whatever that was..was it real? Did it hurt you?"
She moved a hand to check over him, resting it upon his forehead to check for a fever.

LostSoul

Godfrey would look up slightly, looking tired, things a little dizzy, but mostly, he just hurt, his words barely being held together by who knows what, but he trusted the priestesses, good work they do.

He began to mumble speak

"Ritual, have to fight wounds, if win, heal complete, if loss, death, but won, and yes, very real, the grove of Yalthnea, real place." he said before his face turned serious

"What happened to ya...what is going on? Tell me, who has ya with such an iron vice?" he asks with deep concern.

"I thought ya were just in debt, but it seems worse then just that, and also, I'll never, ever let ya out of me sight again, it was terrifying to see ya like that, I don't know what I would do if I lost ya...ya and me family are the only thing that keep me going some nights." he rambles, looking hecking tired and weak, but still concerned, no fear, sweaty, like after a hard battle, but no fever.