Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wraith [M]

Started by visualspice, June 11, 2022, 04:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She probably ate more than she ought to, but she didn't care. She was relaxing in the after glow of good eating when Godfrey offered his hand. She smiled and accepted it, rising.

"Go ahead,  Farm boy. Show me the story halls."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

He grinned, he was almost as excited about this as he was about second breakfast! He took her hand gently, leading her outside the farm house, through fields where woman and man were seen both tilling the fields, carrying pails of milk, hauling stones to be chipped into blocks. The crops whistled as the wind blew through them, like a dance of sorts. The crops unusually big too. tomatoes big as peoples heads, the wheat standing like tiny tree's, like a forest of it. Gourds half the size of a person, like boulders, the grounds soft and spongy beneath the feet. There was paths in the field, cobbled area's of some shiny white stone to lead them through.

Then in the town proper they were. The roofs of mossy thatch and busy the town was. Black smiths pounding out iron armaments with big beards, the tavern full of old folk chatting about days past. Guards more heavily armored then one ought to be in a rural place walking the area merrily. Despite the cheer and vast amount of food, everyone seemed quite busy, even put to task, if they weren't training in beating each other in sticks, they were being sent to carry things. Young folk cooking, sewing or hauling. Wrestling pits in the mud where people cheered and teachers yelled at students to do better.

Despite the business, people came up to say hello, chatting or nodding, making small talk and offering snacks, looking over Missendria with the wariness that she was not from here, but were nice enough if not suspicious with a healthy dose of caution. From the town proper was into a deep wood, the tree's unusually twisted and thick, thicker then some buildings, short and squat, as their size was by width compared to height. The leaves a beautiful hue of firey red, in the light, it looked like the leaves were on fire from the heat waves! Glowing eyes and animals could be seen from the woods.

They were big, A deer taller then a human galloping away,  she may have spotted a bear in the distance that literally knocked over one of the thick tree's using it as a scratching post and bed, the bear giant sized in its black fur coating. Sometimes a cloak could be seen, or some hunter, the same color of the red leaves.

Further in the woods, a ruin they came across, a stone building that must of been great in its time now fallen, statues broken and over grown with life. Godfrey smiled the entire way before nudging his head forwards into a stone over pass that lead into the ruin, that led into a broken hall, it would be dark with out the rays of light. There once was carvings here, but long faded by the wear and tear of time. Further in and down some stairs came into a dark room. Godfrey held a hand up.

"One moment! Ya will like this, me swears!" he says chuckling, as he lets go of her hand, disappearing into the dark, sparks fly from something as the room is suddenly lit in a spark of torches. Carvings and weavings of intense detail all around this globe of a room, each one telling a different story, so life like they seemed to be moving if she let her eyes rest. Telling tales of great battles, of magical wonders, of figures large and small, doing great deeds or terrible evil played all about. There was so many that the carving seemed to switch places, in one moment a carving was in front, a blink, and it was gone replaced with another new tale not seen. The floor was much the same except the middle of the room which was a flat, clear, polished stone which Godfrey nudged his head to lead her too before making a motion about the place.

"Welcome to the story room...a place of tales and wonder, many times the names lost, but I spent much of me child hood in these halls...so many tales to learn here, one could spend a life time." he says laughing merrily as he sat down. The middle of the room suspected to be hard, would actually be gentle and soft   when upon it, like some sort of spongy material that only looked like hardened stone, making it comfortable to sit on. Which Godfrey was already doing as he viewed the room before looking back to see Missendria's reaction.

visualspice

Stepping into Godfrey's home village was like stepping into another world. There was something untouched about the place, from the large people to the large animals. But it was in no means unwelcoming, even so- Missendria knew eyes were upon them... her in particular. It must've been more than obvious she was an outsider as she smiled and continued to follow at Godfrey's side.

Missendria was surprised when he lead her to a ruined old building, that  despite its current condition, held a grandness to it that evoked respect. She followed him into the ruins, careful not to bump her head as her eyes took in the crumbling building before Godfrey stopped her suddenly and told her to wait.

She smirked and simply waited, "I'm all yours, Godfrey. " What else had he expected her to do? When the lights came on she jumped , not having expected the torches to suddenly come to life. And there was movement and color as carvings and tapestries seemed to come to life all around them.

And she was simply in awe of it all the tapestries so massive- in story and scale, that she had to crane her neck to look upon even one of them.  And just being in their presence felt empowering,  magical... she found herself unable to look away.. a hand moving to touch a brilliant tapestry that held a colorful and guided weaving of dancing lovers.. but she paused her fingers just a breath away. It.  Felt almost wrong for her to touch them.

Her eyes were so wide and shining, almost child like as she began to walk, taking steps towards another grand tapestry  this one featuring a man with 3 heads and a dog headed dragon.

What a place to have grown up. No wonder farm boy was such a Dreamer. She had never smiled so big in all of her life. It nearly hurt to smile so much as she laughed and shook her head, peering over her shoulder at Godfrey.

"Farm boy.. this place is impressive. No wonder you were so eager to come here."

She turned her gaze back towards the stories, stepping towards a carving recessed into a wall, large and towering with a stream full of winged people curling up a steep and pointed mountain, age having since worn away and paint that may have accented its story. It was still beautiful none the less.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey grinned, nodding as he looked about

"Aye...spent much of my life here, in these halls, sometimes nights if I got a chance to sneak away before me ma and pa found out." he said chuckling, looking about himself, hugging his legs, funny how he did the exact same thing year after year, and never changed.

"According to the priestesses, a queen used to live here, before Serendity was a kingdom...a vast empire, thar was many children and champions back in that day, life was peaceful." he said, like telling a story.

"But, the children had a flaw, yes, vast they are in powers and in growth, thar champions strong, tougher then iron, however...thar powers come from giving." he said with a frown.

"Humans...humans want more, some gave in to gluttony, no longer sharing thar bounty, taking all for themselves, no longer children, but demons." he said, standing to a part of the wall, where the terrible story took place. Showing images of these children, heads taller then the average person, growing fatter and fatter with bounty, their powers growing with it, despite this, they gave back to the people, the land and their people growing with them. Some though, turned to taking, all for themselves. A warped, giant that consisted of a maw was seen, devouring an entire village, like some warped human, and instead of some grand warrior by their side as a champion. There was a champion of plague, inflicting others, weakening them, taking their strength for themselves, empowering not just them, but the demons.

He frowned "A great war took place within, fighting against those who fell, becoming our own undoing..." he said walking over to a scene of a grand fight, the nothing ness, a barren patch, carving of destruction save for a single, growing, sprout.

He watched for a moment "It has been...vary long time since a champion or a child has been around, me town only thought it legend...the champions job was to protect the child, just like the child was to protect her champion. One day, I will have said children to guard...I never thought that stories would become lessons." he said chuckling before looking back.

"Thar be more too! The throne room is beyond these halls a little way inside, it still has some enchantment if ya sit on it, I call it the 'dream throne', is vary per'tty! Just like you." he said grinning as he walked up to her.

"One day, I too will have a place like this, of stories, a castle even, a time of peace, much like before this fall...and I want ya to join me, as I think ya would like peace too." he said as he grinned at an image of castle and vast lands as he went to stand beside her before smiling back at her brightly.

"A place whar all I love is with me, and never apart again." he said laughing as he looked back, feeling reinvigorated, to see such awe inspiring tales...it was funny he had such responsibility now, yet also felt so free, he had no doubt that he would succeed, that he wouldn't fail. That he would be successful, he would have a home, a vast family, a place that will not only remember him, possibly forever, but place where his children and those he loves will soar even higher then he did. That, in a sense, was a hero, something he always wanted to be.

visualspice

Missendria's heart soared along with his. It was hard not to, his enthusiasm was contagious. But inspite of all the magic and might, doubt stirred wickedly in her gut, causing her own pure happiness in that moment to waver.

Godfrey wanted and yearned for so much in this world yet here he was professing his desires to have her with him, to travel along on this journey... yet she could only see herself as the dark shadow that plagued his path.

She had to look away. Blinking back.. were those tears? No, ... surely it was just dust in her eyes. And as she took a step back she could see just how Godfrey glowed, shining with will and purpose.

She didn't belong here... so close to such a pure thing. Sge hung back, trying to keep her smile about her but so many emotions were threatening to bubble up from within,and despite the smile and mask she wore to hide it, her eyes always gave her away.

LostSoul

Godfrey was indeed soaring, high and free. He smiled looking about the room before turning back, and his smile fading, why was she crying? Was everything alright, he went over, going to hug her, his face concerned.

"I'm nay sure wot is wrong, but I'm 'ere, and it looked like ya needed a hug." he said, and his face was contorted in confusion. Why was she crying? Was it something he said, was it because she was afraid of something, was it because of these debt collectors? How much they hounded her, was it something else? He didn't know, he could only assume. He felt bad though, was she holding this in? He hoped not, he understood that pain, in fact, it took a dreaming resurrected dragon, a good friend of his, to tell him that. He wasn't sure if he could do the same for her, he was not a dream dragon that once was a sea dragon...he didn't know what was inside, just the outside.

He frowned, he didn't even know how to help, only to offer comfort, and offer comfort he would, it was the best he could do for now.

visualspice

Inspite of actually needing the hug, her defensive instincts against advancing emotions kicked in, and she put her arms up, bracing herself against his chest as if to push away. But she caught herself, his arms still around her as she tried to blink back the damn tears as she shook her head, smiling sadly.

"It's stupid isn't it? To cry at such a wonderful thing,"she debated pulling away from his arms but she didn't want to hurt him. And there was comfort there,  a strength, a welcoming warmth. How long had it been since she'd be held in a man's arms, been close and called someone a lover?

It was crystal clear how Godfrey felt for her.. but how did she feel about him? And could she even let herself open up to feel that way? It was always safer to be guarded, to always keep herself at arms length.. to remain alone.

But alone was lonely. Alone she would have died.  Alone she would never had fallen into such despair.

LostSoul

Would keep the hug, squeezing tighter as she spoke. His frown increasing before he spoke.

"Nay, its nay stupid...I think ya hurt, ye hurt a lot, there is no shame in crying when in great pain, nor in taking comfort with a friend." he said gently, keeping the hug. Her pain hurt him, and he had no idea what ailed her. He patted her back with the hug, offering all he could. Be it words, physical touch, and companionship.

He kept the hug, tight and gentle, beginning to rock back and forth, humming softly, like trying to ease a newborn.

visualspice

Missendria kept her eyes down to avoid his gaze before drawing in a deep breath as she brushed away at her tears with a few fingers. She hated that she felt so vulnerable, that she looked so weak.

"Well.." she went on, sounding forcefully chipper. "I shouldn't just sit around all day crying ."
Because honestly she could. And she didn't want to. She didn't want to wallow in the memories.

What she wanted to do...
Was to forget .

But how?

She peered up at Godfrey.

"What else you got to show me, Farm boy?" She asked, her eyes a bit warmer and her smirk, a bit more real.

LostSoul

Godfrey kept humming, not seeming to mind (Getting hugs! Meaning, she's skinny and kind of bony, but still a hug!), brows still furrowed in concern before he raised a brow.

"Well, if ye wanted too ya could, I would sit with ye, maybe 'ave a picnic in the woods, maybe of the larger fawns come take a nap on ya." he said, which sounded nice ,but they were really, really heavy, many a child has been pinned under a giant fawn that wanted cuddles. Depending on season, it could be an epidemic of children trapped underneath deer, stressful, yet also hilarious, time for all.

Glanced down, but like, only slightly with a grin "Well, I can show ya a throne room, a little decrepit, but I think its cool." he says with a chuckle, going to gently lead her out of the story room, once again down a hall, into a vast room, faded tapestries on the wall, despite time, have yet to rot. The chambers led to other rooms, but stone had collapsed, blocking such passages. The floor was polished stone, cracked by time. There may have been a table in the middle, but it was gone now, either moved or rotted away, the marking still clear on the floor. Cracks in the ceiling showed light on a massive throne, like built for some sort of half giant, if Missendria would sit on it, she would find that it was at least twice her width, with a height of at least 7 feet, next two it were two smaller thrones, each still significantly wider then her except for the one on the right. The big throne was made of stone and dazzled in various large gems. The one on the left, which was a smaller one, was of polished stone that seemed to be removable, like a mini version of the large throne. The one on the right was of a dark red stone, built for an average sized person where pelts once sat, rotten scraps of fur about it. Godfrey smiled as he made a ta-da motion with his free hand.

"Behold! The throne of our last queen! Eight foot tall she was, her daughter sat to her left, her daughter founded the town, her husband, the last know champion sat to the right." he says making motions with a grin, part of it was hopeful though, he wanted to cheer her up, and at least lunch was coming, good food in the belly always comforted, oh shoot, snacks." his brows went up reaching for a bag and handing out "Uh, I brought snacks! Just in case ya got hungry." he said with a grin, and looked quite serious despite the fact she already two meals, and with promises of lunch around the corner as well.

He grinned,

"Aye, last chamber...we nay touched the others, nay want to find out if it be haunted or not, but I can say the large throne is enchanted, at least to rumors, allows ya to see into the past, or into another zone of night, 'eard its per'tty, if ya want to give it a try." he says quickly as he makes a motion. He had no clue if it was or not, he tried it before, but it didn't work, however, all his sources were from the young woman in town who said it so.

It didn't matter if it did or not, as long as it served to help cheer Missendria, cause she could use some cheering up, plenty of cheering up to be had around here though! He certainly needed it as much as she did.

visualspice

Missendria was glad for the reprieve from the close proximity of Godfrey. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate being held but.. she wasn't sure she was ready to get close to anyone.  Friend or otherwise. She had been alone for so long, only having acquaintances at a distance,  nothing close. Well.. except Jack, but he was a street tough cat that somehow accepted her. He was, despite just being a cat, the only one she had ever cared for in any true regard. And perhaps.. ever.  Fear was a stunting son of a bitch, and old habits died hard. She swore off love, swore off being foolish.

But then there was Farm boy. She smirked. He was rather foolish. But he deserved to seek the world be wanted. She couldn't wrap her head around how or why he truly wanted her to be there. He probably felt sorry for her and she didn't just want pity hand outs. And so he thought she was pretty.. most men did, it didn't mean she'd fall for them and follow them to the ends of the earth....

But then most men didn't take their 'dates ' to a throne and tell them to sit on it.

Missendria arched an eyebrows. Then she glanced at the chairs.

"I think you're asking the wrong girl to sit on a throne, " she said, smirking. "Wouldn't it be wrong of me to sit on the throne of another?" She was jesting with him, but part of her didn't feel she ought to do it, that it would somehow stain the chair and tarnish the memory. Another part of her was just thinking how fun it would be. The thrones were pretty cool. And who wouldn't want to spend atleast 5 minutes pretending to be royalty?

LostSoul

Would smile looking about the place, he never thought he would bring Missendria here, heck, he never thought he would see her almost dead. Out of all the things in the world he's seen though, she was by far one of the kindest...scared though, he felt bad she was so scared, he understood fear though, he faced a lot of it, and she cared, she cared a lot. Not a lot of people cared, she did.

He turned over as she spoke grinning with a laugh

"Nay! I think I'm asking the right one!" he said chuckling as he made a motion before laughing harder.

"The throne is a throne, it belongs to nay but those who rule, and no longer anyone ruling here, if the queen was still alive, aye, sure, but this is just a ruin...a speck of history, a speck of time, beside, yar the most royal thing thats been in this room since...forever!" he said chuckling. It was true, she wasn't a princess...yet, one day maybe. He had already given up finding his fattened princess (according to his experiences, there were none). However, making one, thats a different story. He grinned broadly, and she was princess like, she cared, she was kind, she was pretty...well, she wasn't fat, but we'll get there. Smart, thoughtful, talented, skilled in things that he wasn't. Heck, to him, she was amazing, he saw literal princesses (apparently) that had morals so corrupted, that a thief was better than them, said thief that stood before him had better morals them some knights.

He stared at her staring for a minute "Besides, why can't ye be a royal? Sticking with me, which I know ya are cause I'm sticking with you, and ya will be a princess in no time." he said laughing, but the glint in his eye showed that it was his ever intention to drag her to the crazy place he was going.

Cause one day, he would be able to see her smile every day, one day he would have Lusca as a friend with him, he would have his fattened wives, his many children, his people to protect, a city of peace where no crime, of actual peace, where all gathered, he would go down in history and his children's success would sore above his. He would make it happen, cause thats what he dreamed, and he swore to make his dreams happen.

visualspice

Missendria smiled inspite of herself and gave a roll of her eyes.
"Farm boy, you must have gotten more delusional since the last time we met. " Her. Royalty? But she eyed the throne just the same, approaching it slowly as a hand caressed the dust covered, ornately carved arm rests.

LostSoul

shook his head, hands behind his back, laughing again.

"Nay nay, mayhaps more sure of me self, but not delusional, delusional would be going without second breakfast." he said chuckling.

The throne was old, the dust thin, seeming old, maybe old as time? Godfrey went towards the other arm rest and made a motion.

"Oh queen, will you not take a seat upon the throne?" he said in a mock butler voice as he made  a motion towards the throne.

"I assure you, it is hard as stone, just as ya like it." he said snickering despite his act.

visualspice

She arched an eye brow. It seemed she was doing a lot of that lately.

"Now I'm a Queen?" she pressed, laughter in her eyes. Her fingers hesitated over the dusty wood, where she had already left smears of thumbprints.  It somehow didn't seem right to sit , if a woman of great importance and power once did. But Farm boy was really trying to lay on the charm. Really trying to lift her spirits. Truly trying to save her.

So she simply turned so that she would be at the perfect angle to shove his ass and have Godfrey fall into the seat of the throne, smiling and ready to crack a joke about maybe he should be Queen.

LostSoul

He grinned wider, it helped hide the smirk and oncoming laughter as he nodded.

"Aye, of the whole land I suppose...mostly consists of this wee little room, but aye." he says, while watching her turn, still smiling, he did glance at the angle. O ho, the tides were turning! But was she brave enough?

He laughed.

"Thy queen, ye would not dare make me sit on the throne would you? I think I laugh too much for such serious business." he says while laughing, he was ready for the shove of a life time.

visualspice

She smirked, turning from him and began to waltz away, only to turn suddenly, hoping to catch him off guard as and gave him a playful shove towards the throne.

LostSoul

Would still be grinning, but he would play the game. Pretending to be caught off guard by looking around, he could look at her rear, but it was small, but shap-he was shoved. He moved with it, taking a seat and going to grab her arm, dragging her with, spinning her about, and sitting her on his lap if successful before laughing.

"Well, guess ya got a cushion for the throne now me queen." he says chuckling some more, eyes mischievous, two can play at the game, at least the throne was roomy.

visualspice

She was on his lap , bracing her body against his before they would have smacked their heads together. . Her heart skipped a beat, now racing inside her chest.They would be so close her long hair would be tickling against him and it took her a brief moment to realize this as she was perched on his lap. And for a moment her words were lost to her. Her eyes fluttered as she recovered.

"Farm boy, I'm impressed. Did all your heroism train you how to sweep a lady off her feet?"

LostSoul

Godfrey would be laughing, got her good he did, he was grinning before he noticed the hair, she had such pretty hair. An arm would wrap around her middle to secure her (totally not because he wants to rub/squish/feel her middle...nope), and put his head gently against her shoulder, chuckling at the tickling hair.

He laughed some more "Part of being a hero is wooing the per'tty maiden." he says, not wanting to tell her that he was forced to be a witches puppet for a day or two before breaking free. That, was, vile, he had learnt a lot, HOWEVER, she was ugly, thin, and badgered him constantly about manners and wooing the main actress for her ridiculous play. Thats a story for another time, as right now, he was totally just going with the flow as he pulled her closer gently, still  chuckling, and hiding his face, cause he was blushing, and totally unsure of how to undo the situation as nervousness over came him, hiding his face lest she see it. Would ruin the entire game to see that she, had in fact, played him.