Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Clock Face [M]

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2023, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Except he didn't question, only kept his eyes on her as he slackened his grip.

"Very well. I likely smell like shit."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

She didn't know what was more surprising: that he was just going to let her go or that he did it without asking a single question. For all of his faults, and there were many if she was being honest, and all of his insistences that trust was dangerous, by not asking a single question he was granting her his own trust. He could have asked and she would have felt obligated to answer fully but...he didn't. And by staying silent, he was offering her a level of respect she didn't realize she had needed until now.

Her hand slipped from him and her dress was in her hands in the same moment another illusion covered her form once again.

Then she hesitated again before turning back towards him and bridging the gap with a few swift steps to press her lips against his in another, deeply passionate kiss that even left her feeling winded.

"Thank you." She whispered before fleeing from his room and back up into the moonlight, to the exact spot that she had slept every night since boarding the ship. Right against the rail with no blankets or pillows, just her, the open air, and the moon.
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

visualspice

She apparently wasn't the only one out one the deck that evening. Along the bow his form leaned against the side of the ship, hidden in the shadows at first until the clouds parted like curtains. His form was revealed, casually leaning as he looked out into the endless ocean where- at night, it seemed as endless as the twighlit skies.

At first he said nothing, the clouds slipping back over head to mask his form again. But when the moonlight returned, he was grinning at her.

"He kick you out already ?" Dao asked, jovially, laughter sparkling in his eyes.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

Saoirse didn't even blink when Dao's voice drifted across the deck. It wasn't unusual for him to be out and about at night and it certainly wasn't the first time they'd had conversations with her in this very spot. She was also certain that he would be the reason Opus learned about the nightmares.

She shook her head and let a few butterfly illusions blossom from her fingertips in an attempt to calm her racing heart. If she could stay awake forever, she would.

"No. He wanted me to stay." She replied, not looking at him, her mouth in a firm line, "I...couldn't..."

visualspice

"Ah." Dao clasped his hands behind his back, giving a sage nod. "I don't blame you," he went on, strolling past her. "He'll likely have a horrible case of diarrhea after all he's been through. Won't be a pretty sight for his chamber pot." He tsked. 

Goldie

She snorted with an unexpected laugh that she simultaneously tried to hold back. Dan was a character she never thought would keep the company of Opus, if that was even what you could call their relationship. Whatever it was, there was a level of trust there that seemed...confusing considering their very different personalities.

Unless Opus was secretly just as ridiculous but couldn't show it. He had serenaded her with children's songs and the way that smile pulled at his lips when he thought she was being clever, or he was proud of himself....

Thinking about it brought a smile to her otherwise stoic expression and she pressed a finger softly to her lips in remembrance.

Then she rolled her eyes at Dao's comment and finally made eye contact.

"How are you still alive?"

visualspice

He tilted his head, smiling broadly. 

"That's easy, I stay on the other side of the boat when he's got explosive shits! Besides.." he went on, leaning forward and giving a playful waggle of his brows. 

"It's really hard to kill a vampire."

Goldie

"Ah, yes...sage advice." She looked him over, pensive, and thought about the conversations they'd had over the last two weeks. From the beginning he hadn't tip toed around her like most of the others onboard. Saoirse almost felt like he was the only one who didn't completely fear Opus and follow him based on business and contracts. But...she also felt that he must be on one...not that she'd ask. That was his business.

"You know, you and I have the potential to outlive everyone on this ship unless you know...we get killed by something or someone." She grinned mischievously up at him, already comfortable in her little corner of the ship. The dress she'd laid down to sit upon because, despite what it looked like, she was still complete naked beneath the illusion of clothes and the deck wasn't exactly comfortable.

"Perhaps in a hundred years or so you'll be able to gain some wit."

visualspice

Laughter exploded from Dao. He was all smiles, even his eyes glittered with it. 

"I was wondering if you had a point to it but really, most things come to an end."

He grinned that goofy grin of his and eyed he'd.

"Don't you get cold like that? I mean, I can't see that you're naked but can sure smell it "

Goldie

She raised her eyebrow, honestly surprised at his abilities. She'd never met anyone like him - dead but alive. He was almost like her opposite. He had to take life to continue living while her people, generally, nurtured life and cultivated it.

"Hmm?" She had to think about his question because she was so distracted by the fact that he could smell that she was naked. And that meant he also could probably smell Opus on her which made her blush more than she thought it should. She'd been around humans too long and was starting to adopt some of their prudish tendencies.

"Oh, no, not cold. You know...I don't even think I understand what that means. I mean, I could jump in the ocean and it would feel different and I'd call it cold, but...humans get all bumpy and then shake. Is that what being actually cold is?"

visualspice

He tilted his head curiously.
"So you don't feel temperature like humans? "

He mused over her question, tapping his chin.

"Cold is just the lack of warmth, and humans need warmth to live. If humans remain cold for too long.. well they'd either be dead dead or dead like me."

The idea made him grin broadly, eyes glowing.

"What about fire? Can you feel burns?"

Goldie

"So fragile." She mused, "A small illness could be the death of them...it's incredible the race has survived this long. Is it because they can procreate so quickly? And so young?"

There were human women plump with child at barely sixteen which was just fascinating to her. At sixteen she had only been the human equivalent of four - though in size only. By then she was already devouring books and creating art - learning languages and cultures and taking part in all of the celebrations in their entirety.

"Yes, I can feel fire and heat." She replied with a shudder, "Though perhaps not heat from weather. I haven't experienced that before so it will be interesting to see."

"What about you? Heat? Cold? Did that change when you turned?"

visualspice

"Oh things are drastically different for me. Those senses are lessened.. I suppose similar to how you sense it. It's a change.. but maybe it's just because it prickles my other senses. " he mused over that idea.

"Like I can hear and feel the warmth of blood and even smell fear.. but my own pulse is nonexistent, so reactions just aren't the same. " He shrugged but then smiled.

"Like having reactions that affect one's heart are still there.. that.. that's a strange one to me." He laughed. "Emotions weren't robed when I became an undead super hero." He flashed a fanged smile then asked, "So's the boss trying to knock you up?" His eyes sparkled. "Would make things interesting to his story. "

Goldie

Her eyebrows shot up again, this time in complete confusion, "What are you talking about?"

They'd never had a conversation about children in any of their couplings and after their brief interactions with him mentioning his seed being enough, hadn't she shown him her bare wrists and bare chest? What other confirmation did he need?

She showed Dao her wrists also, but left her chest concealed - why? By the Lady she was becoming a prude.

"No markings. I don't know how much clearer I can be."

visualspice

Dao cocked his head, confused.
"Markings?" 
She wasn't the only one confused. 
He waved it off.
"Knocked up isn't an expression for violent sex," he went on with a laugh. "I was just commenting that I didn't smell that you used protection. " he grinned.  "You know... because of the general end result of sex? Making babies? Taking his seed? Mating? Breeding? And you... reek of Opus' seed."

Then he paused to considering, adding, "Well not reek but well ... vampire noses are sensitive things. " he went on with a sniff.

Goldie

Her arms were still upturned with wrists facing the sky as his response slowly trickled into her brain. Confusion was the name of their current game and she wasn't sure where to go from here or what was happening or...

"...do...humans not have a choice?" She asked slowly, letting her hands drop to her knees, "In having children?"

She thought back on what Opus had said, is my seed not enough? She had thought he was making some odd comment because he hadn't seen her close enough to tell but...that didn't make sense. They were no strangers to each other. She had seen the whole of him, and he had seen her, months ago in that safe house. Then again they were together today and...

A frown grew on her lips, "My kin can't have children without a ritual to prepare the womb...but...humans are different?" Things were clicking in her brain slowly, but the pieces were coming together, and she met eyes with Dao as a simmering...something...began to bubble beneath her skin.

"Protection isn't a sword or a shield, is it?"

visualspice

Dao tossed his head back into a laugh.

"Then perhaps it's why he's been particularly reckless with you," Dao mused, eyes dancing at how cute it was to see her perplexed. "And I suppose you could call it a shield for your vagina." He went on with a shrug.  "Guess he didn't try to wrap his dick in something before be began to plow your fields! But I guess there's nothing to worry about if you don't want to his offspring.  Honestly, I don't know how that would play out in his game. Unless of course he's intending to sire an heir. I know thatd what his father did."

Goldie

To sire an heir. Opus might not have asked her because he was...what? Hoping to just create a child without her say? Or did he think she would have stopped him if there was a problem? Or...Lady there were too many options. If humans could just always have children and he thought she was like them, then he had made a choice had he not? But then where did that leave her? It wasn't as if she had put up an argument...

Lady, she was too tired for this. Her brain could barely function.

"Thank you, Dao. For never sugar coating things. It's a...gift...I suppose." She rested her head against the side of the ship and felt her eyes drift close against her will.

Maybe tonight would be different.

visualspice

"Of course," came his reply, eyes sparkling with amusement. "Enjoy your night, Sarrie," 

And like most nights things progressed uneventful... except now that Opus was awake..

Well.. he was awake and decided he would take a stroll beneath the stars upon the deck of the ship. The night air would do him well 

Goldie

Her hopes that tonight would be different were met with the Gods themselves laughing at her. For tonight was different.

The nightmares were worse.

At first she looked normal, albeit a little odd just sleeping curled up against the railing with her knees up to her chest. But not long after her breath became shallow with sleep, her eyes began racing behind closed lids. Back and forth, constantly. Her neutral expression was replaced with a frown and her brow furrowed.

Then her breathing became faster. First only just, and then like she was jogging. A few beads of sweat blossomed across her forehead.

Then she whimpered. A quiet sob into her knees. Her head jerked to the side and her fingers dug into her legs as she unconsciously drew them into her chest as tightly as she could.

And when his face swam before her...his hands began to touch her, the fear of being in his company over came her so completely she started shaking in her sleep and half-sobbed nos mixed with nonsense escaped her lips.