Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Clock Face [M]

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2023, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Opus only smiled before he moved and uncorked the bottle right there. He looked at her expectantly to extend her glass so he could pour hers, first.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

She lifted her glass up with one hand, while continuing to keep the other around his waist. He was in rough shape and she wasn't about to let him go down over a silly glass of wine.

"This had better not kill you." She grumbled.
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

visualspice

He smiled as he poured her a cup, then poured his own. He lifted it to hers in salute.

"It won't." He smirked and knocked back the drink in a hearty go- and despite what it seemed- it was actually some of the worst tasting, poorest quality wine this side of the world. 
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

Thankfully for her, she had only planned to take the smallest of sips to appease him, and the moment the wine touched her tongue a violent cough and sputter exploded from her lips. She had never had something so awful in her life! It didn't matter that barely any had managed to get into her mouth, the after taste lingered and her throat burned.

"What is this?" She sputtered, holding the glass away from her like it was about to spontaneously combust in her hand. "Ah...that is truly awful!"

And she watch in disbelief and disgust as Opus downed his entire glass like juice.

visualspice

The man was actually smiling. And.. perhaps even a little green around the gills himself. He looked down at the bottle. 

"I'm pretty sure that's the single most disgusting wine I've had.." he rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "And I've had a lot of wine.."

Goldie

Saoirse couldn't believe her ears, "Wh...why did you want to drink it, then? Where did it even come from?" She couldn't get the taste out of her mouth and every breath sent scents of it cycling through her senses.

She held out the almost full glass to Dao, "My gift to you."

visualspice

Dao waved it off.
"I would rather drink pidegon blood."

Opus smiled and just watched Saoirse.  He took the glass, eyeing it, then tossed it over the side of the ship.  The bottle soon followed.

"I had higher hops.." he said, still looking a bit green. "After all.. I had made that wine."

And at that, Dao tossed his head back in a laugh. "Don't quit your day job, boss. " and he continued to laugh.

Goldie

If it hadn't been such an absolutely terrible bottle of wine, she might have actually felt bad for her reaction. But, by The Lady, she had truly never had something so completely and utterly awful in all of her long years. Even some absolutely terrible human foods didn't hold weight against it.

"Oh..." she felt her stomach churn and tried to breathe deeply out of her mouth to try and alleviate the smell that kept trying to overwhelm her, "Opus...no...that's...did you follow a recipe? Or...use....actual, erm, edible fruit....?"

She took another breath and croaked, "If there's water in your chambers perhaps...we should go there."

visualspice

Opus just remained, smiling but as indifferent as always. 

Then he excused himself and vomited over the edge of the ship. 

And Dao continued to laugh- in fact, he was laughing so much he had tears in his eyes.

Goldie

She didn't let her arm keep him from leaving for the side of the boat. She had a very little sip and was struggling to settle her stomach but Opus? Opus had consumed an entire glass of the foul stuff and she could only imagine how poorly that would sit with him. Very very poorly, judging by the contents of his stomach that now mixed into the ocean.

A small, disgusting burp bubbled in her throat which she did her best to suppress behind her hand, while her other rested on her stomach. A few minutes and she should be fine. She hadn't had much at all.

Dao's laughter echoed in her ears and she couldn't help the smile that it brought to her lips. "By The Lady, that was terrible." She forced a chuckle away and cautiously made her way towards Opus, placing a supportive hand on his back.

visualspice

He groaned and just remained leaning against the side.  He raised a hand, to give himself some time... space.  He hurled a few more times then sighed.

"I think I've suffered enough like an ordinary mortal. If either of you need me.. I'm going back to my quarters  "

Goldie

Saoirse stepped back when he raised his hand and waited, anxiously, as he emptied the rest of the stuff from his stomach. When he finally spoke, she moved forward again.

"Let me help you." She offered.

visualspice

He smiled at that, nodding. 
"I would never refuse a lady to accompany me to my room."

He cast Dao a look- but the vampire simply smiled and began to sing ,of all things, about true love rocking on the ocean. 

The door to his room closed and the song was snuffed out, and once inside, the man seemed to.visibly wilt.

Goldie

The walk to his room was tense for the elf. She walked a fine line of offering support without taking away his pride in the process. No doubt other eyes were upon them and she wasn't about to shatter the image of him waking from the dead and immediately bringing a woman to his room. That had the makings of a good epic ballad written all over it.

So she kept her grip firm, but her features light to keep the facade.

But once that door closed and she felt him slump, she was there without pause giving him all the help he needed. The light fell from her face, both literal light now that the moon was no longer touching her skin, and the air of nonchalance.

"Sit. Rest." She commanded, "Tell me what you need and it's yours." She would carrying him if she had to, and was poised and ready for the worst should it come to it.

visualspice

The thing about traveling on the ocean is that it was alive. The room creaked and groaned, a reminder that it was a slave to the sea. Even the fine ornamental tassels moved subtly against the frame of his bed.

The room was generous for what it was,  a large bed at the back wall, silken canopy crowned over top- a writing desk that was curiously clean, a bed side table, a couch and a few extra chairs scattered about, and a chest resting at rhe foot of the bed.

But there was a ticking in the room, and it was the first thing that drew his attention. He wondered if Saoirse would recognize it. Although it was not her clock, it was  ornamented just the same- except a few unique and personalized quirks carved into the wood.

Goldie

She found herself more concerned when Opus didn't respond, or move to sit down or rest or any of it. She had already decided that she would take matters into her own hands if he chose to be stubborn and was about to say something smart when she noticed his gaze. Upon following it, she saw, for the first time, the clock that sat on the table beside his bed.

Her breath caught and the fire died from her tongue.

"Oh." She murmured, hand still firmly wrapped around him for support. How long had she sat here waiting for him to stir with the clock to her back and never even noticed? She'd never even moved from the chair she'd moved beside the bed that first time she was allowed to be with him. It was still there, with the back blocking it. It was the same, but different, and still just as magnificent.

"I...never noticed it until now." She admitted slightly embarassed by her own lack of observational skills. To her credit, she was mostly concerned for him and snooping had been the last thing on her mind. That and being in a box, no matter how big of a box, had never held much of an appeal compared to the open sky and she felt better when focusing on Opus.

"You really should at least sit." She tried again. The time for conversation could come after he was comfortable.

visualspice

Opus gave a small smile at her remarks.  
"That concerned about me?" He asked, making a noise as he moved to sit at the foot of the bed. He eyed the clock, then around the room before his eyes slowly fell back to her.

"And here you could have rifled through my things. Yet.. you chose not?"

Goldie

After she made sure he was solidly seated and wouldn't fall over, she finally let him go and then settled herself on her knees on the floor in front of him. The ivory dress she had picked to wear today had clearly been altered slightly by her own hand and now sported two slits - quite high on her leg - on both sides of the skirt. It wasn't that she didn't like the clothing, it was more for her own comfort. It allowed for more air to touch her skin and provided ease of movement. Perhaps some would consider it immodest, but her people often walked around in fully open robes or clothes that were thin and flowing. She'd made all of those layers work while traveling around Connlaoth, but here on the ship she opted for comfort over human modesty laws.

"Why would I do that?" She asked genuinely curious, yet another example of her otherness, "I didn't come here to steal your secrets - they belong to you."

Her hands folded daintily in her lap, "If you need me to know something, you'll tell me. If I want to know something, I'll ask. And maybe," she added, "One day you'll trust me enough to answer."

visualspice

He tilted his head at those words, studying her exotic face, almost hidden in its  depths if appearing just human.  But he could see those subtle differences.  He could even feel them. He didn't need the ears to see that.

"I like the alterations of your dress  "

Goldie

Saoirse unconsciously tilted her head to the other side and dropped her gaze for a moment, a light flush rising in her cheeks after the moments of silence as he simply observed her. She'd never understood the phrase "undressing with his eyes" as some humans liked to say, because underneath it all they all looked the same, but this stare felt intimate. Not so much an undressing of clothing, but a peeling back of the layers of personality and emotional walls that kept one safe.

She cleared her throat when he finally spoke and glanced down where the entire length of her leg was clearly visible.

"Ah..." she brushed her red curls behind her ear, "Yes...I don't care much for your human modesty laws. How can you feel starlight or hear the wind whisper when you're covered head to toe?"

It also made her, slightly dangerous, habit of balanacing on the ship's rail easier. The first time she'd done it the crew thought she was planning to jump into the sea and had practically tackled her to the deck. It had not been an easy conversation but eventually they were convinced she was not going to jump, nor was she likely to fall. They didn't like it, but the tackling never happened again - though at least one person always seemed to be nearby when she was up there.

Humans were funny.

Or maybe, "If I fell overboard, would you have blamed your crew?" She asked suddenly.