Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Clock Face [M]

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2023, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

A long moment passed once the song had ended and he just took her in, enjoying the moment and just holding her. But soon, his words broke that silence.

"You know.. you're glowing," he told her, smirking as if the mere idea of it were audacious. 
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

A laugh burst from her lips and she quickly covered it with her free hand while her eyes opened to find his.

"That is what my kind tend to do." She grinned, her eyes dancing as the glow faded back to her usual not-quite translucent skin, "Especially when the moon is full. You should see my full-blooded kin, this is nothing by comparison. Does it bother you?"
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

visualspice

"It does not. It.. suits you. Even if your kind wasn't known for.. glowing.. I feel you'd find a way to do just that."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

She raised an eyebrow in question, "Find a way to do what? Glow?" Another crystal-like laugh bubbled against her lips, "Doubtful."

She found his eyes again, "What was your song about? I'm afraid I am not well versed in human tongues and do not know this one. Essryni?"

visualspice

He studied her, a hand smoothing down the soft skin of her back. 

"A Heron and a crocodile."

Goldie

"Mmmm..." she cocked her head to the side and studied him for a moment while allowing his hand to travel along her back. She thought back to the melody, the tempo, the key.

"It doesn't have a good ending, does it?" Her question was a loaded one. He didn't choose things on a whim and a part of her recognized the likelihood that his choice of piece was representative of them.

visualspice

"What makes you say that?" He asked, amused.  His eyes never left her's. 

Goldie

She cocked her head to the side and studied him for a few moments trying to decide if he was being purposefully  withholding or was truly asking for clarification. He was difficult to read, though she always erred on the side of holding back verses the latter. He didn't speak much, but he saw a good deal.

Especially for a human.

"Music speaks." She finally replied.

visualspice

He nodded to that, thoughtful.
"But not well enough for a full translation," he replied, amused. 
"Of you were to come across a song about a heron and a crocodile... what fate do you think would befall the pair?"

Goldie

She slipped from his grasp to move to sit next to him with her knees drawn up to her chest - still completely naked and completely uncaring. She rested her chin on her knee and looked at him with a quiet pensiveness that was in stark contrast to the exuberance she had shown upon hearing him sing.

"I expect the answer you're seeking is the crocodile consumes the heron, but they are both predators. Who's to say the heron isn't the one to pluck the eyes of the crocodile and plunge him into darkness."

visualspice

Opus's eyes sparkled with amusement. 
"Wouldn't stop his snapping teeth," he drawled. "But it would be interesting if the crocodile were so foolish to allow both of his eyes to be pecked out."

Goldie

Saoirse reached over and spun her finger absently around the center of his palm. Her other hand was still

"Hmmm..." was her only response to his comment. She disagreed with him, emphatically so. In fact, she felt his answer was short sighted and indicative of his life's work. He was used to being invincible, his trinkets practically ensured it, but it didn't change the fact that he was human. A simple infection, a sickness, a bad heart could all kill him.

"You ask me a lot what I know about you." She finally said softly, "now it's my turn to ask: what do you know about me?"

visualspice

"Besides being a cock tease?" He joked. He eyed her over, taking in each and every unique detail he could before those dark eyes returned to her face.

"Next to nothing, I'm afraid. But not for lack of trying."

Despite the confession of his failure, he was smiling. 

"Aside from the fact your race isn't something well documented, and you.. well you certainly hadn't a criminal record until I met you and you entered into Connlaoth...."

At this he shrugged, eyes taking a moment to indulge in her nudity.

"But we have an entire boat ride for me to do my research. " his eyes then returned to hers.

"Should I get my ink and pen?"

Goldie

Saoirse noted each time Opus' eyes wandered up and down her body, both amused and annoyed at how easily distracted a naked figure could be.

"Humans." She muttered with an eye roll before letting out a long breath that was accompanied by what looked like wisps of moonlight. In an instant, she was covered again in what looked to be a dress made of silky fabric that flowed over her features. Of course, it was an illusion, so she was still very much nude but hopefully it would be less distracting.

"One thing you should know about me and my people is that we don't sexualize nudity. Better? Can you focus now?" Even better was the fact that he couldn't attempt to remove any of it. She would need to drop the illusion.

"I'm not surprised you found nothing." She continued, "we keep to ourselves since humans...believe our way of life is an abomination."

visualspice

Opus kept that cool smile as she hid her body from view. His eyes then returned to her's. 

"Not worshipping the sexy body of a woman is heresy," he agreed coolly. "But I'm sure there are.." he leaned in closer, as if he might kiss her.  "Secrets.. You'd be willing to share?"

Goldie

She smiled at him, her heart racing as he got closer, but she lifted her slender fingers and pressed them gently over his lips.

"Perhaps." Her reply was straight and lacked any level of playfulness and her smile did not reach her eyes, "But every secret is kept for a reason and once it is learned it cannot be forgotten."

Saoirse sighed and closed her eyes as she leaned forward until her forehead rested gently against his own, "Tell me, nin Vrae...would you entrust me with secrets of your own, or do you simply wish to know everyone else's?"

visualspice

"Mmm.." he made a thoughtful noise and let a hand smooth across and up the air above her 'clothed' body. "I can not lie when I say a good mystery intrigues me.. nor deny the more secrets I know, the more I have in my amory."

He kept himself close but titled his head as a hand moved to cup her face.

"Tell me, my lovely elf, if the whole world wanted to obey you but equally make you dead.. what weapon is the greatest of all to protect your back?"

Goldie

Despite not actually being touched, Saoirse's skin reacted to the mere closeness, the energy, of his hand as it hovered along her body before resting on her face. Every hair she had along that trail was raised and she was forced to suppress a shiver that, undoubtably, was still noticeable with his hand against her cheek.

She leaned in his touch while resting her own hand against the back of his and closing her eyes again. The full moon enhanced all of her senses, and even though she had bragged earlier about her ability to wait him out, her skin was on fire beneath his touch.

"I think it's something that you are missing in your world of contracts and threats." She finally replied, then opened her eyes and let them bore into him with an almost fervent intensity.

"Trust."

visualspice

His expression didn't change. Trust? Is that what she thought he needed?

Trust...

"The correct  answer is knowledge."  He continued to stroke her face, using his thumb as he studied her eyes. 

"Knowledge is invaluable.  It's indifferent, impartial to right, wrong.. good, evil. Knowledge.. just is."

"Now trust? Trust can be deadly.  And trust can only go so far." He stopped stroking her cheek and looked into her eyes.

"Yes, it can be earned- bought and paid for... " he made another thoughtful noise, one that almost seemed predatory. "How is it that you think trust can be an asset to me?"

Despite the feral look gleaming in his eyes, he was genuinely intrigued.  But part of him couldn't help but feel like the wolf. 

Goldie

For a moment she just stared at him, her eyes wide and lips slightly parted in surprise. He spoke with such passion and an almost assaulting superiority that existed almost exclusively in those who lead.

Then, the moment passed and she laughed. She laughed so hard that tears sprung in her eyes and she clutched at her stomach as cramps began to form. She laughed long enough that she found herself pulling back from him and waving her hand at him as if she were about to speak, to explain, but the laughter would return and she found she couldn't talk , couldn't form any kind of coherent response.

So she unfolded herself and placed her feet on the floor before aimlessly wandering his room while the humor subsided into small, occasional chuckles. She ran her fingers delicately across the picture frames, the tops of chairs, sometimes against the slats of the walls themselves.

Then she turned to him again, finally in control.

"Oh Opus. You are a marvelous fool."