Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Life of the Party [M]

Started by MorningStar, December 17, 2023, 05:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorningStar

"Who is that woman? Was she on the guest list?" he began asking, his voice his own but the words clearly borrowed from what the patrons of the estate might say. "As soon as she showed up, terrible things started happening. She's not even a noble like us, look at her!"

Damien Lola orchestrated a narrative where he could easily cast the blame on her, leveraging his influence to manipulate thoughts in any direction he desired.

"Like I said before, all it would take is a single word," he explained calmly. "I don't want to have to do that. Sit. Please."

visualspice

Despite his arguments, every fiber of her being said run. However...
"You already tried to pin this at me before.."

But he also sorta saved her life.

She didn't sit. 

But she also didn't run.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MorningStar

He took a brief pause, carefully choosing his next words.

"You've misunderstood," he calmly clarified. "I saw an opportunity you provided, but it was merely an experiment. If I aimed to incriminate you, you'd be in custody already."

Leaning back in his chair, he crossed one leg over the other, delicately stroking his chin.

"I opted against it," he continued. "Because, from what I see, we're more alike than you may realize."

While he wished to disclose details about Edric and William, he knew he had to navigate this encounter cautiously before delving into that conversation.

visualspice

That... comparison was unexpected.  She looked at the corpse, then back to him.

"Excuse me, Catch, but I must have missed the part where  I ooze the presence of a murderous villian."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MorningStar

He sighed softly, refraining from rubbing his temples, and instead, he fixed his gaze sharply on the woman by the doorway.

"You're an outsider," he began. "Not of noble blood like me. Yet, you cloak yourself in nobility, causing discomfort, much like I do. What drives someone to adopt such a facade?"

Allowing the last question to linger, he pressed on.

"There's an ulterior motive, akin to mine," he continued. "In fact, your persistent presence tonight hints that I might be your motive. I must have a nice bounty on my back for you to target me."

A pause followed, a fleeting glance at Edric's lifeless body, then back to her.

"He was my target. Would you care to know why?"

visualspice

Missendria tried to keep her face a neutral mask but..
Her eyes always gave her away.

She studied the man as he spoke, her body still tense.

"I'm not here for a bounty."
She glared in his direction.  She was no killer.

But.. she remained.  Her job was to figure this man out...

Well... what better way than this?

MorningStar

His smile, though subtle, carried a note of knowing. "Yet, you're not here for noble pleasantries," he deduced. "And I suspect you're not not here for me in some fashion."

While keeping his gaze locked on her, he gestured towards Edric. "Meet Edric Eamon. He, alongside William Laird, may wear noble titles, but beneath the surface, they lead an underground society reveling in the abuse and torture of women. Their actions persist, shielded by societal stature. Why in the gods should they be allowed to get away with that?"

His arm returned to his lap, his fists clenching. "My mother was a victim," he disclosed quietly, a rare undercurrent of anger surfacing beneath his usual calm demeanor.

visualspice

She grew strangely quiet by his reveal. Those men...

He had calculated out murders... but if what he said were true...

Then those men should be gutted like the pigs they were.

She finally looked away, still trying to digest what he confessed.

"Why are you telling me this?" She finally lifted her gaze to him. "You planning to kill me now since I'm a witness? You just confessed..."

MorningStar

He shook his head briskly, a faint smile playing on his lips. "I don't harm the innocent, Heels," he responded, crafting her a nickname with the same amount of love and care that she did for him. "You haven't done anything that would require my level of attention, have you?"

It wasn't a direct threat, yet it wasn't the complete truth either. He had no intention of harming her, but the absence of loose ends depended on her cooperation. Studying her closely, his gaze carried a subtle scrutiny.

Before she could reply, he inquired, "What's your name?"

visualspice

Don't harm the innocent? 
"What if I'm not innocent? Should I be worried then, Catch.?"

Then he asked for her name. She folded her arms across her chest.

"Do you honestly think I'd reveal that to you?"

MorningStar

"Unless you're involved in the torment of these women, particularly my mother, there's no cause for me to inflict harm upon you."

His words may not have carried weight for her, but they held genuine intent. He hoped she could see that.

"Damien Lola is my real name," he disclosed. "Theodore Alcott is a guise I fashioned to navigate this world discreetly. You needn't tell me your name, but withholding it gains you nothing."

visualspice

She tensed at his reveal. Was he really seeking a name for a name?

"Well, we're only two people and you've already given two names, Catch, so any more would be a party and.. it looks to me like we're both likely to exit this one..."

She was nervous, however. This man was clearer clever.. and dangerous. She needed to be smart about this if she didn't want to be corpse number 3.

MorningStar

In the dimly lit room, Damien stood up, his eyes locking onto hers. "I've been honest with you, but I still don't know your name. It's a small detail that you can choose not to share, but it matters to me."

Before she could respond, the distant echoes of footsteps on the stairs caught his attention. The guards were coming, and he had wasted too much time on her to properly cover his tracks.  Damien shot her a look of concern, and he swiftly straightened up. "We're out of time," he whispered urgently. "Guards are coming. We need to go—now."

visualspice

She started.  One second she thought the man was going to stick her with a knife...
Then the next...

She cringed and looked back to Damien.

"Go.. go where? There's only a small window in this room and the other door is likely a closet.."

And those foot steps were too close...

She closed her eyes than turned to him.

"Look.. don't get any ideas but.. play along."

And she suddenly threw herself into his arms so the pair was pressed up against the wall- lips meeting his as she released a more than convincing moan at the taste of him. Her hands moved all over him, quick to ruffle up his hair and pull his body in close so she could grind.

And just as she was about to see if the guards were coming.. thankfully at this angle their bodies would hide the rest of the room (and subsequent corpse) from view.

Then she  heard it. There was a frantic apology and the guards scrambling to get away. And she smiled through a kiss.

MorningStar

This was... unexpected.

His eyes widened in surprise as she initiated the unexpected kiss, the abruptness leaving him momentarily puzzled. Yet, in a matter of moments, he grasped the reason behind her actions and willingly played his part.

Embracing her with the fervor of a passionate lover, he met her kiss eagerly, his hand cradling her face as she pressed her body against his.

"S-sorry!" a guard's voice echoed, their footsteps gradually fading away.

Taking this as their chance to disengage, he attempted to pull back. However, an unexpected sensation made him pause. Was she... biting his lip?

visualspice

Perhaps it had been.. too long since she'd felt the affectionate touch of a man. She hadn't  expected him to be a more than decent kisser and..

She blushed and pulled away, covering her mouth. Had she just... well, whatever- it worked and she glanced over at the door. 

"Looks like it worked. "

Then.. awkwardly, she peeled the rest of her body off of him.

Oh boy. She might have gone just a tad over board. But it made it convincing- even if she wasn't about to admit she had enjoyed herself.  

She fixed her skirts and straps of her dress- realizing she'd almost given Catch a show.

"So now what? You got plans for that body?"

MorningStar

For the first time in ages, Damien found himself momentarily speechless. Whether it was the unexpected kiss, the sensation of her lips against his, or the way she moved with her voluptuous figure, something stirred within him.

"I, uh—" he stammered, his cheeks ablaze.

Typically adept at slipping away unnoticed, leaving behind only seeds of confusion or blame, this situation demanded a different approach. The need to adapt in the presence of the woman made him less cautious than usual. Shielding her from undeserved accusations could complicate their escape.

"Just," he began, his words trailing off in contemplation. "Head downstairs. Rejoin the party. I'll handle this and find a way to divert any unnecessary attention from you."

visualspice

She frowned.

"Returning to the party alone could draw suspicion. "

And she wasn't exactly eager to return. 
Besides, she was supposed to be keeping an eye on this man.

What did he say his real name was? Dewayne? Darian? Something like that.

She looked around the room, then back over at him abd sighed.
"Couldn't have killed these guys in the courtyard?"

Then she froze, hearing a noise down the hall.

"I think someone else is coming. "

MorningStar

Damien let out a slightly louder sigh than intended, audibly expressing his frustration. "Of course there is," he muttered irritably, more to himself than anyone else. "Why wouldn't that be the case?"

Doubting that their previous trick would succeed again and unsure if his heart could even take it, he rapidly scanned the room for any potential solution. A large fur throw caught his eye.

It might be his dumbest idea to date, but he had no time for second-guessing. Hastily, he draped the blanket over the lifeless form before seizing the woman's hand, leading her through another door and closing it quietly behind them.

Her earlier assumption proved correct—it was a closet, and a much snugger one than Damien had anticipated.

visualspice

Before she could make a smart comment about the way he did a poor job at hiding the corpse- she was being dragged along as the pair stepped inside..

She squeezed in close to him, unsure if he could see her glare in the dim light below the door. 

"Really? Was this your best plan? Hell.  We should have just closed the door and started making naughty noises!"
No one would have tried to walk in on that.