Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A New Journay

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2006, 09:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Megan was silently sweeping off the dust and dirt from the small steps of her grandfather's coffee shop. She was a young vibrant women with golden blonde hair and pale white skin. She had a perfect tint to her lips, almost as if they were brushed with a red rose petal.

She sighed as she knew that there was more work to do. Her grandfather was somewhat old and couldn't really care for the shop himself, yet he refused to sell it. It was almost as if it was his prized possesion. After many countless times of arguing with him she gave up.

She sweeped the last remaning dirt off the steps and then looked up, her pale blue eyes skimming over the busy street. She quickly fixed her pink rose petal skirt and white tank top. She turned around, opened the door with a cling of the bell and went inside.

The coffee shop wasn't particulary busy, but it did have few customers, yet none to catch your eye. She took a seat onto one of the black mesh chairs and waited. Waiting for what? Even she didn't know.

Goldie

Birds chirped loudly, calling to the sun with much awaited exuberance as the moon slipped behind the horizon.  It was a beautiful morning and they were more than willing to celebrate to the fullest.  With a new day brought new chances, new beginnings, new choices.  Nothing could go wrong while such loveliness still graced the earth with her glowing presence, bringing life to the young, the old, the sick...the sun was beautiful in her mercy on her people, and the birds rejoiced.

In the side alley the birds song echoed against the walls, reaching the ears of a man sleeping off his night of bawdy jests and parties which he scarcely remembered.  He groaned as their jubilant song seemed to echo fifty times louder in his skull sending his mind reeling with a thousand daggers rapping against his head.

"Damn..birds...." he muttered angrily, covering his eyes with his hands to keep the sunlight from piercing his eyes.  He didn't know how long he had been out, but it was apparent he hadn't made it far from the tavern the night before and now lay in an unfamiliar alley with a very familiar headache.

With a groan he turned to his side, using one of the walls to help him to his feet as he kept his eyes closed tightly, risking the smallest movement of his eyelids in order to see a sliver of where he had spent the rest of his night.

"Damn...taverns." he muttered under his breath.  It wasn't like he meant it though.  If there was anyone who enjoyed a well filled pint it was Andwyad, even if today's bedchamber wasn't nearly as comfortable as the ones he'd shared in the past.

What he did know was that the smell of coffee was well placed and sent his stomach rumbling.  He needed something to help wake him...help make his mind a little less foggy.  Perhaps after some food and a nice glass of caffeine he would be able to remember a little bit more of what transpired last night.

Stumbling into the street he followed his nose to the small shop and entered, the bell ringing like a gong in his hung-over ears.  He didn't care at all about his looks as he walked to the counter and placed his order.  His shirt was hanging out of his breeches and smeared with what appeared to be charcoal, his black hair had fallen out of its braid and  fell across his shoulders in a tangled mess and somehow, in the course of events, he had managed to lose his shoes.

"The strongest ya got..." he told whoever was manning the counter, paying for his drink and stumbling off to sit in the nearest chair.

Anonymous

As she sat in her black mesh chair, taking a break from all the work, she couldn't help but feel her dull mind wander into the depths of day dreaming. The coffee shop was bosterious with many conversations, yet her mind did not want to choose one to listen too. Her tiered mind couldn't think straight and all she wanted too do was rest for a little. She cupped her face in her hands and heaved a sigh, today was going to be another long day.

When the door bell rang again, she did not look up, thinking it was just another customer. However, one the person had spoken only then did her pale sky blue eyes shift up to stare.

It was a gruff man who looked as if he had had a rough night. He had slight bags under his eyes as if he hadn't slept, and he seemed slow reacted. She could only help but feel her tinted red lips curve into a smile. At least she wasn't him!

As the man took his seat at another black mesh table and chair she stood up and straightened her skirt once more. She should soon get a new one, this one was starting to get to short for her. She shuffled her way towards the counter and traced her fingers upon the drawrs where she pulled out a small note pad.

Before she could make her way over to the man, however, a couple with thin frail children behind them came up and ordered a large qauntity of bagels. Her smile faltered for one minute but then quickly regained it's arch. She hurried into the back of the kitchen to fill their order. Breakfast was always the busiest time.

Once they're order was filled she quickly grabbed the note pad and a pen and made her way over to the mans table. She put on the best fake smile she could and said,
"Would you like anything else? A pastry, or bagel perhaps? We have just gotten a new shipment of onion bagels, and they're quite good"! She hoped she sounded cheerful enough. This man somewhat looked depressed.

Maybe she could make him feel better?

(OOC:Sorry, it's kinda crapy but I'm somewhat tiered, and I really can't spell. Thanks for RP'ing with me!

Goldie

ooc: no problem!  ^_^  if that's a crappy post you don't want to see what a crappy post of mine is XD haha.  Also, just wanted to let you know that this is an rpg that borders more on the medieval...sort of...basically no electronics and such unless you live in Connlaoth ^^;; just fyi if you didn't know!

ic:

The man blinked as he realized that someone was speaking to him.  He blinked up at her for a few seconds uncomprehending until it dawned on him that she was actually talking and asking him questions...

Damnit!  That must have been one hell of a night for him to be this disoriented!  How many pints of ale had he had?  It was almost as if he had been drugged, but then the only thing he noted was missing were his boots.  If someone had drugged him they'd have at least taken his money one would think!

No...he just had too much fun, that was it, and considering how light his coffers were this lovely morning, proved that it had been quite a bit of fun.  Hopefully he hadn't done anything stupid...he didn't want to find out in a year that he had some bastard son living in the seaside town of Cerenis with his dear ol' mum who couldn't take care of him and was sending after Andwyad to help with finances!

He supressed a shiver.  It might seem odd to some people, especially with how loose he was himself, that one of his largest fears was fathering a child.

heh...not like it would be his fault anyways....it would be the gals fault one-hundred percent.  She should have known better than bedding a drunk man!  It didn't matter if she was gone herself!  Bah...he just wanted to have fun, not be tied down by superficial things.

"eh..." he looked in his purse and produced one silver and two copper pieces, "I on'y got this..." he told her, looking back with his sable eyes, "Anythin' ya got for this'll be good."

Anonymous

(OOC:, Oh my gosh, I didn't know it was in midevil, I'm sorry, I'll do better.. LOL)

As she stood there waiting for the man to reply she could feel her sences dim once again as her mind began to wonder. The man before her seemed to be lost in thought and she could feel herself doing the same. Though, no minute later, the man's voice brought her back and made her feel the weight of the world. She put back on her fake cheery smile.

"Sure, I'll be right back with a pastrie".

Their coffee shop was the best, but only because it was the only one. She couldn't really describe it in her own words. The walls were just plain wood and the floor was dirt.(I hope that's like Midevil) There was only but one window. There was a counter, and then a door behind it for the kitchen. The black mesh chairs and tables were iron and she thought they gave off a sickining smell.

She took the two copper coins from the mans purse and headed quickly back into the kitchen. Her grandfather lay on the floor, un moving. She stopped dead short, staring at the impossible.

Quickly regaining herself she ran over and dropped to her knees, dirting her pink rose skirt. "Grandfather, Papa, please wake up, please"!? She felt dizzy and out of place, almost as if she was going to panick. He still did not move. She placed her ear against his chest.

There was no pulse.

He was old, she knew that, but he wasn't that old. She cupped her head in her hands and began to cry, when suddenly she heard protests from outside the door, telling her to hurry with their orders. She took a deep breath, a sob racking her body and moved her Grandfather, so that his back was to the wall. She quickly grabbed the pastrie out of one of the straw baskets and then a new tin pot which held the coffee, and another cup incase a new customer came, she always had too do that.

She rubbed her puffy red eyes and then quickly made her way out the door. She served the coffee to the complaining customers and then brought the pastrie back to the man. "S-sorry it took so long, h-here is your pastrie"! Her voice was somewhat shrill and it quaverd like a snake. She felt at any minute she might collapse.

She took a deep breath, no, she shouldn't do that.

But what if she couldn't help it!

She can help it, she just needs to try!

Suddenly the cup in her hand broke and shattered. Flying up to the ceilieng as if some unmistakble force had done it. Her eyes widened as she droped to her knees and began to pick up the shards of the cup.

What a day.

Goldie

ooc: tehehe...well...medieval isn't really the right term, it was late and I couldn't think of how else to explain it!  Basically SotE is a post ragnorak world that is rebuilding itself....um...if that makes anything clearer then yay!  Otherwise I pretty much fail at life ;_; again.... ^^;;

ic:

Andwyad wasn't sure how long he waited for his food, in fact he was pretty much oblivious to the antics of the world around him for the moment.  His head still ached, but the warm drink helped to soothe the pain and lifted the fog from his visage.  It wasn't until the customers around him started to complain that he realized something was amiss.

How long had that girl been gone?  He couldn't say, but everyone else around him seemed to be annoyed with the wait, tapping their feet and yelling obsenities toward the back room where the worker had apparently gone.  Of course, he hadn't really noticed where she walked before and was only stipulating.  It was apparently a pretty good guess as the girl hurried out of the back a few moments later and continued to serve the customers.

The man didn't really notice anything wrong at first, but when she handed him the pastry his two lonely coppers had bought he caught a good look at her face.  It had been long enough that he wasn't groggy from waking and immediately caught at her hand.

"Are ya ok?"  he asked, genuinly concerned.  Something was obviously wrong, but girls..they cried at everything, so it probably wasn't something dire.  Mayhap she was scolded for doing something wrong...or her love ran away with some other gal.  Ha!  That seemed to happen a lot.  It couldn't be anything awful.  "If ya were yelled at, yer doin' a fine job o'runnin' the shop."  good good, being nice was the first step.  That always helped gals stop crying!

Anonymous

Megan heaved a sigh. How she wished that was only her problem..getting yelled at. She collected the remaining shards of the cup and stood up. Her eyes starting to sting with fresh new tears.  Should she tell him about her Grandfather? No, it probably wouldn't be right to tell a customer that the owner of the coffee shop just passed away in the kitchen, that sounded just down right vile. She heaved another sigh, but she had to tell somebody.

"I don't know if I'm okay....." Her voice trailed off into thoughts as horrid pictures of her grandfather kept coming into view. She needed to sit down.

Without thinking she sat at the table of the man, cupping her face in her hands. She knew the man was trying to cheer her up, but it obviously wasn't working. He must think her absurd! A few flecks of golden blonde hair fell down into her face.

"I didn't get yelled at....it's..." She didn't have to tell him where her Grandfather was, she could just tell the man she lost somebody. But why dump all her problems onto a complete stranger, that wasn't exactly freindly or polite. Oh, she didn't know what to say! He commented on her running the shop well and that almost made her tinted red lips curve, but not much.

She wiped her eyes with her delicate pale hands. "I'm sorry for being like this, she held her hand up to the man, her voice was almost like a whisper,"I'm Megan, and I'm sorry to  have kept you waiting for your pastry, would you like another refill of coffee?" Her voice was not at all cheerful, but she didn't have the strenghth to pretend to be.

As she waited for the man, her mind began to wander. What was she going to do now? Grandfather was the only family she had had left, no one else. Her mother and father were dead, from some kind of horrible sickness. She did not have any siblings. She also had another question, what about the cup? How did it break so easily in her hand without her even barely touching it. She sighed, a lot of weird things, like that, have been happening lately, somehow all related too her.

She turned back to the man, she placed a slight smile on her tinted red lips as only one stray tear fell down her pale cheek from her baby blue eyes.

OOC: Sorry, it's kinda crappy.. but I did really want to reply back,and I also want to say thanks for rping with me. You made me feel so happy I could cry! :cry:  :lol:

Goldie

ooc: tehehehe!  No problem at all!  And that wasn't crappy!  ^_^

ic:

A frown appeared on his handsome features that he couldn't quite supress.  There was definitely something going on here that she wasn't telling.  Well, obviously she wasn't telling!  She just skirted around his question, claiming she was fine when tears were still leaking out of her freaking face!

Girls!  He couldn't help thinking in exasperation.  Why did they always have to be so secretive and manipulative?  She was probably hoping that he'd come and rescue her, or take an interest in her because she was 'distraut'.

Ok...so maybe that wasn't fair, but he couldn't help thinking it!  It certainly was something that a gal would do!

Ah, damnit, but he had gotten his compassionate side wound up and now he couldn't just let her walk away without spilling her guts or something.  So she hadn't been yelled at, that was a relief.  At least he didn't have to coo and whisper telling her it was ok and that whatever yellage there was had been ill founded....that was a good thing....but...gyah!  Why did he have to be so compassionate at times?  One day he could take out his sword and kill a man for cheating and the next he was offering his shoulder for a stranger to cry on.

Heh...what an amazing manly man he was.

"Naaw!" he exclaimed quietly as she picked up the rest of the glass that had broken.  He didn't take any notice on exactly how it broke, just considering it one of the freak accidents that happened.  "Don' think like that!  Ya've nothin' t'be sorry for!  C'mon, stay here and tell me wha's got ya all leakin'.  An' ya didn' keep me waitin'.  I needed the time t'straighten out my thoughts."  it was true enough.  He had been completely out of it before and at least now he had some semblance of a normal thought.  Jeez but drinks made him soft!  Most people got pissy after waking up like he had, but he was special enough to be kind when his head ached.

Anonymous

She could only smile and was about to sit down when a customer cried out in protest at the long waitt they were having to endure to get a mug of coffee. Her head somewhat drooped in frustration as she pushed the black mesh chair back into place and quickly hurried to fill the customer's needs. Now she was in charge of this coffee shop and no one else. More customers' cried out.

"Where's are coffee?!"

"I've been waiting twen'minutes I say!"

"God damn woman, hurry up!"

She quickly waltzed her way around the tables to fill the orders of the bothered customers. She became more frustrated as each customer called out. It took her a full ten minutes just to get everything slightly settled down and calmed.

"Ms? I want a pastry!"

"Where's the coffee, we've been waiting the longest!"

" Hurry, damn woman!"

The coffee shop was begining to get noisy and boisterous. She heaved a sigh. This time it took twenty minutes for everything to get settled. When the conversations finally took back to their normal tones only then did she relax a little. Today was to much, she quickly moved over and put the wooden 'Closed' sign up in the only window.The letters were carved into the wood and then simply painted with black.  She went back to the man.

"Um...sorry about that... as you can see it's somewhat busy..." She didn't have much to explain for the man probably had seen it himself. He seemed concerned for her and she could only smile.

"You seem so concerned for me, yet I don't even know your name". she replied, staring at him with her puffy, baby blue eyes. She heaved another sigh, she seemed to be doing that a lot lately. "If you really must know, you should go and take a look in the kitchen, it will explain more than I myself can put in words". Her tone was somewhat like a whisper, yet not that depressed. It came out sounding more brisk.

She didn't feel like speaking the truth out loud, it was too painful too.

She stared at the man, waiting for his reaction. She was begining to like this man (friendly, because they just met, lol) and yet, she didn't even know his name.

(OOC: What do you want too do for a little twist to the plot?)

Goldie

ooc: hmmm....we could always say the girl is being targeted and her grandfather happened to be in the way or something?  Then she'd have to be on the run from evil assassins!  *le gasp*

Ic:

He watched with slight amusement as the girl skuttled around the shop filling everyone's orders as if nothing at all had gone awry.  If anything, it looked like thousands of people had run in at the same time and she was the only person working, not that they had just accumulated while she had been in the back and then talking to him.  How long had it been?  Twenty minutes or so?  Sheesh, people were so rushed.  And rude...all they cared about was food.

Well, food was good too, and perhaps under different circumstances he would have been just as bitchy as the rest of the crowd.  But not today.  Today the moaning and complaining only helped to intensify his hang-over and he grumbled curses under his breath.  He probably should have been a sailor, with the color of his mouth.

Finally pulling his thoughts away from the masses, Andwyad focused on his pastry contemplating how he should go about eating the sticky mess.  He could be civilized and use some sort of utensil, or he could just dig in with his hands....it probably wouldn't be the most proper thing to do, but then he had just woken up in a back alley without the slightest memory of what transpired the previous night!

He did remember that there had been a lot of people and every one of them had drunk their weight in ale.  It had been fun!  He did remember striking up a rounding chorus of some song that everyone in the inn happened to know.  They had sung themselves ragged as the innkeeper kept the taps flowing and his purse filling.  He must love having the sailors in port, along with random passersby who enjoyed themselves just as much as the seafaring folk.  After singing?  Everything started to go hazy.  He had danced with some of the women there, some of the men too...jumping on tables, thumping his leg to the rhythm of the tune...he couldn't say what any of the conversation was like and couldn't remember any faces either.  Had he gotten unruly?  Had he been kicked out and just slept in the alley where he was thrown?  Or had he staggered out by himself and slept where his drunken mind decided to stop?

The latter seemed to be true.  If he had gotten in a brawl, and it had happened before, he would have been a lot worse off than just having a headache and slightly groggy thought processes.  And well enough, he hadn't rented a place to sleep for the night anyway.  Drunk or not and alley more than likely would have been his bed.

He turned his thoughts back on the pastry and decided etiquette really didn't matter now and picked up the sweet treat and smushing the entire thing into his mouth.  It was a fairly large pastry and took a lot of effort to chew, but it was enough.  The sugar and the breads and stuff, they always helped him focus better.  And better focused meant he finally noticed the beautiful array of clothes that he wore.

With a sigh he tucked in his soot stained shirt and tied his hair back hastily.  At least now he looked a bit presentable and not as awful as when he first staggered in.  Now he just needed to get a new pair of boots, which meant finding the funds to do so.  Or just steal a pair that looked his size.

Swallowing the last of his pastry he noticed that the girl had returned, sorrow still reflected in her gaze but her demenor was less jumbled.

Ha!  He had guessed right.  It couldn't be anything serious if that short period of time rendered her able to speak in complete sentences.  And also ask his name.  Eh...he didn't really want to give a name, but he guessed it would be nice to, so she at least didn't think his name was Humbert or Baabar or something really odd.

"Eh, I'm Andwyad." he replied off handed as he continued to listen to her 'story' if you could even call it that.

"The kitchen?" he asked skeptically, thinking that maybe rolls had been burned or they were out of flour.  But why would that be too painful?

Girls....he sighed inwardly.

Without anyhting else he stood and walked towards the back.  After all, she had said it would be ok.  So, against his better judgement he pushed open the door and glanced around, not really noticing anything wrong until his eyes came to rest upon the solitary, unmoving figure on the floor.

"Shite..." he breathed with surprise.  The guy was obviously dead, even from here he could tell by the palor of his skin.  Great...just great.  He had to walk in on a freaking dead guy who probably died of a heart attack or a stroke or something.  Perfect!  This was just the way he had hoped to start his day, calling the morgue for a dead guy in a pastry shop.

"Damn guy ate too many sweets." he muttered to himself with a soft chuckle.  It made sense too, the man did work with pastries!  Walking over he pressed his fingers to the guys neck just to make sure his original diagnosis was correct, and sure enough, the guy was dead.

WIth a shudder, Andwyad back away and wiped his hand on the front of his shirt.  C'mon, it's not like he wanted dead guy germs!

"Yup...He's dead." his response was classless, but hey, he didn't have much class himself, and it seemed better to speak the truth than be all sympathetic to a gal he had just met.

Anonymous

Megan sat silently as the man she had met, Andwyad , was taking a look back in the kitchen. The coffee shop was becoming more and more peaceful as customers began to leave and the "Closed" sign definietly kept more customers from coming in. She could feel her head swimming with the relization that she was now alone.

Completly alone.

Andwyad had been in the kitchen for a long time so she stood up, pushed the black meshed chair in, and shuffled her way towards the kitchen. When she reached the kitchen door she turned back to see that the last customer had left. Now it was just her, Andwyad, and her dead Granfather. It sent a piercing shiver down her spine.

She pushed opened the old wooden door, it moaned out with a slight squeek. She could see the man standing over her Grandfather, his fingers' to his neck. She couldn't help but smie at the abusrdity."He's been dead for quite some time, he's not suddenly going to have a pulse!" It felt good to be talking to someone.

Her Grandfather was the only person in the world that she had. She didn't even have friends! How pitiful was that! And now that her Grandfather was gone, well, she didn't have anybody left. Once Andwyad left, she herself, would be alone. Secretly, she didn't want him to leave. (Still friendly like, lol)

She stared at the man with her baby blue eyes. He seemed to try and present himself more, by tucking in his shirt and tieing back his hair. She couldn't help but wonder what he had been through... He seemed out of sorts, and the strangest thing of all, she finally noticed, was that he was missing boots.

Coming out of her revear she straightened up a little bit more, fixing her pink rose petal skirt and white tank top. It was very hot in the kitchen for the stove was still on, she quickly made a movement and turned it off. "I found him dead when I came to fill your order..now that he's dead I'm not sure what I'll do.." The relization of having no one around suddenly struck her harshely and she could feel her eyes sting.

But she would not cry, she would not cry anymore and she straightened up just a little more and rubbed at her eyes impatiently. She would not cry. She looked at Andwyad, looked him up and down, her voice clear and unmistakebly bold, she didn't feel like crying or being a damsal in distress anymore. "So, what happened to you? You look like you spent the day in a gutter!" She laughed loudly at the thought but quickly stoped wandering if it was rude of her.

She stood in the doorway, watching for what might happen next.

OOC: That sounds cool, okay, but in which way would you like to be involved with it. Like, yeah she's the target because she is a magical being, but she doesn't know that she is. Maybe you just get wrapped into the whole mess or something? LOL, i'm not sure, it's totally up too you.

Goldie

ooc: I think that it'll be fun if he just gets thrown into the vault of intrigue  XD

ic:

Andwyad couldn't help but raise his eyebrows at the very nonchalant comment that the girl, Megan, made about the dead man.  She had cried before, but now she was almost heartless.  It seemed as if it was a play that she was poorly acting....unsure if she should be sad or happy that the old man had croaked.

It made him wonder, and not a small amount, if she had a hand in his demise.

Oh dear, maybe now would be the best time to get out of here while he still could.  Heaven knows he didn't want to get caught in the middle of some twisted game that a psychotic gal was playing.  Definitely not his cup of tea.  

He glanced at her incredulously as she asked about him himself, "From what I can see," he replied, "It's more important tha' the ol'man gets a grave before he's too stiff t'move than 'wha' happened t'me'."  it was true too.  His story was nothing special in the least and it certainly didn't take first place to the dead guy laying before him.  Gods...and what the hell was he suppose to think?  She was trying to make conversation when the guy was dead.  Andwyad wasn't a very religious person but this just reeked of bad luck, and if any Gods were watching he wouldn't be surprised if the smite mobile came thundering through destroying everything in the damn shop.

"Ya should go an' get th'undertaker." he told her, completely serious for the first time in a while.  "If ya wanna know what's happen'd t'him, ya need t'find out soon afore all traces are gone."

Not the mention he wanted the dead guy out of the way as soon as possible.  It was obvious that the gal had no freaking clue what to do, otherwise she would have told everyone in the store there was an emergency and tended to her grandpaw as soon as humanly possible.  But to leave him sit like this...and carry on with business just to please people?  That was wrong.

One of the many reasons he stayed away from keeping extended comany with women.  Sure, they were great in the kitchen, but when it came to something serious..pfft, they lost their heads.

Anonymous

It was true. Megan didn't know how to feel about her Grandfather dieing. She did know that she felt terribly alone without him, and she also felt the need to have something done with the body. She couldn't help but stare into the cold pitless eyes which carried no glimmer of life.

She could never kill her Grandfather.

What was the point too? There would be no money involve, and the only thing she would inherit from him would be the coffee shop, in which she would probably have to work in for the rest of her life.

Who wanted that? Not her.

She looked around the kitchen. It was fairly small with the same dirt floor and wooden walls. One small cutting table, and next to that, a very old looking wooden stood. She pulled it out and sat upon it. "I think I'm going to bury him behind the coffee shop, he probably would have wanted that.." She could feel her eyes sting again but made a large effort not to cry. She definietly did not want to seem week.

Fact was, she was utterly clueless and had no idea on what to do with the dead man. She stared back at him. His grey hair was ruffled and slightly standing on end. His cold blue eyes, so used to be full of life, were now cold and pitless. His shirt was ripped on the side, creating a very large hole. His legs lay stiff and twisted, oddly.

There was something she coudldn't put her finger on. There was a slight stench in the air and she wondered where it was coming from."Do you smell that?" I mean, sure, a dead body would reak in this kind of heat, but this stench didn't smell of rotten flesh, it smelled... it.smelled like...

She stood up, her pale face even paler than before. Why? Why? She couldn't imagine but as she moved closer to her grandfather the stench got more vile. Who would do this to him? She stared back at Andwyad, her baby blue eyes wide with astonishment. She looked down upon her Grandfather and then very carefully, knelt down beside him.

Gagging on the stench she firmly grabbed both his shoulders and heaved him forward. He was a very pudgent, heavy, man for his age.

In the back his shirt was slightly damp with crimson red. Only a small blot stained the middle, where a hole lay. Unmistakably a daggar wound.

Somebody had murdered him.

Her head relled as the room began to spin. She couldn't believe it. Somebody had actually murdered her Grandfather! She could feel herself grow hot over the relization. This wasn't good... this wasn't good at all.

I mean it was bad enough that he had died, but now that he was found out murdered, someone could try to pin the blame on her. But it wasn't her, she would never to such a thing. She cried out to Andwyad, her voice shrill and hysterical. " He's been murdered, Oh my lord, he's been murdered... what will I do now? Oh, my lord!" She cupped her hand over her mouth, feeling her breathing become shallow. She couldn't believe it.

Why was her Grandfather murdered? For what? What could he have done to bestow death upon him. She could feel the long awaited tears flowing down her pale cheeks. She looked at Andwyad. He must have felt akward.
And why should'nt he?

She didn't want him to leave.. but she knew that she was causing a scene and he would probably want too. She stayed there on the floor, crying. She asked herself over and over.

Why?

OOC: I didn't know how to do the whole undertaker thing so I thought this would be easier and more twisted :P

Goldie

uhh....

What had just happened?

So...yeah, the guy was dead and all, but did he hear something about murder?

Shit...and here he was, standing in the middle of a freaking crime scene!  This sucked...this not only sucked, this REALLY sucked!  How the hell was he going to get out of this one?  If the proper athorities were contacted then he would be a suspect!  That was NOT what he was hoping for!

But...Gods!  The man had been murdered in the back of the shop!  How often did something like that occur?

Like...never!  And here he was, standing around as the girl cried herself silly and each second that passed the corpse was getting colder and the blame was drawing a great big arrow at the hung-over ass hole who couldn't even tell the soldiers what he had done last night and all that nonsense!

Shit shit....shit!  Warning sirens blazing!  He needed to get out of there and fast.

"Um...maybe he just fell on something sharp?" he offered, thinking about how he would be able to walk away without arousing suspicion.  Crap...even if he ran he'd still be questioned, and the next time probably a lot more indepth because he had fled and not even offered to help!

GYAH!  This was not to what he had wanted to devote his time!  Far from it!  Right now he just wanted to get hired, make money, and drink himself into oblivion!  It was a great life!  He loved living like that!  But now he was thrown in the middle of something just because he had decided to be nice this morning.  That just meant that he would have to be a bastard for the rest of his life...yup, that was a great idea.  Bastards never did anyhting interesting...they were just mean and shot tempered and people left them alone.  Now nice guys, as he had seen so fit to portray earlier, got thrown into the middle of conflicts they really, secretively, wanted nothing to do with!

And now look...old gramps over there was dead with what clearly looked like a dagger....terrific....just great...fucking fantastic.

He rubbed his hand over his face trying to sort out all of the thoughts that were invading his mind.  Firstly, they had to go and notify the city watch.  Murders were not something to be handled lightly...and then maybe they should...report to the king or something?  Yeah...why not?  Report to the king...yup...that sounded like a good idea....

right?

"Um...well....eh...we should prob'ly go an'... talk t'the guard or somethin'....do ya...do ya know anyun who'd want th'old guy dead?"  yeah...that was a legitimate question!  If there was someone that hated the dead guys guts then they would need that to tell the guards....

Anonymous

She barely even looked up at Andwyad as he spoke. Tears still feel steadily down her pale cheek but the shock was already done and over with and so she was weeping quitely. However hysterical she was however, she still caught the jist of Andwyad's words.

"The King? The King won't do anything about a common shop keeper, there's nothing we can do about it, and no I don't know anybody who would want him dead"! As she spoke aloud a thought suddenly occurded to her. *What if the killer wasn't aiming at Grandfather....but me?*. She stared at Andwyad, but did not say anything. There was no proof, but then again.....

She looked up at Andwyad again. He seemed more pale and terrified at the idea of murder, and she could only shake her head as a new emotion of guilt surfaced over her. She had brought him into this, and she felt terribly sorry. She shook her head in frustration at the thought.

Her voice was quite, almost like a whisper, she knew she had too do it. "Listen, Andwyad, y-you can leave if you want too, I'm sure his murder would be considered no big deal to anyone special, so... I don't even h-have to mention you..." Her voice quived like that of a river, or a snake with crimson jewled skin. She knew that she had to get him out of this.

Turning her back on him she again looked at her dead Grandfather. Many people thought her a weak scrawny thing but truth be told she was pretty strong, what with carrying all thos eheavy metal sheets for pastries and breads. With little effort, but a lot of gagging, she grabbed the diseased man from under the arms. She heaved him up almost to his feet and somewhat dragged him out the back the door in which the killer must have entered.

In the back was, strangely, an odd plush garden. It had fluer-de-lis flowers and roses, some yellow and red tullips. It was anything but ordinary as the radient colers swayed in the wind on their vibrent green stems. She was sure to lay the man under the shade of a willow, so he would not smell if put into the rays of the sun.

She remembered when she was a little girl and the Garden was just begining. Her Grandfather would be out there for endless hours, grooming it, and perfecting it. Other than the coffee shop it was also his life trasure. For gardening reasons they a couple of shovels made of iron. She quickly grabbed one and started digging under the willow.

Beads of sweat were starting to form on her fore-head as she continued to dig deeper and deeper into the rich brown soil. Once or twice she hit a tree root but paid no attention. Soon the hole would be big enough.

Goldie

He couldn't help but flinch when she screamed at him about the king.  Jeez, it's not like he knew what to do!  he was just making friendly suggestions!  She didn't have to get all snappy.  What was it with gals who were all moody?  It seemed like they all were like that...nice for one second and then BAM!  Here comes the bitch slap!  How did they live with all of those random emotions popping up every few minutes?  Sheesh...

Oh...wait....it was probably..."that time"

eeee....not only was he dealing with a gal, but he was dealing with her through that.

Great.

Well, at least he could now credit her attitude to that!  Not that it really meant anything, but it was an excuse that he could use to ease his own mind...sort of....now all he could think of was what the hell he was going to do with a moody person going through disgusting body things, and a dead grandpa?

Oh!  What was that?  he could leave?  Fantastic!  So she didn't want him there anyways.  ha!  At least one thing was going well!

"Well then, if you really don't need me then I guess I'll just let myself out."  Without waiting for an answer he turned on his heel and headed straight out into the main shop area and towards the front door.  Hell, if he wasn't needed there was no way he'd stay here!  Nope...he was perfectly fine just walking away...perfectly fine.  Yup, not a care in the world about anything at all, the guy was murdered, so what!  He didn't have anything to do with it!  Why should he care?

So, he was just going to leave the girl and she'd probably stop crying in a few days while the body festered in the back yard where she had been dragging him...all by herself......after loosing her only family......

He groaned openly as he left the shop, the guilt of what he was doing smacking him in the face.  Damnit!  Why did he have to, ultimately, be a big softy!?  There were others who would be able to just walk away and not lose a wink of sleep, but he!  He just had to be all noble and worry himself sick about a gal he cared nothing about!

Running his hands over her face and through his hair he started back to the shop but was stopped by the sound of two men conversing in low voices.  Normally they wouldn't have received even a second glance....but they had mentioned something that caught Andwyad's attention.

(I realize that this may be powerplaying and I apologize if you take offense.  If you don't like it I can easily go back and alter the post!)

"...an' th'ol'man wouldn' let me through." the first voice said.

"Ya idiot!  Now ya've gone an'brought attention t'yerself!  Ya coulda hit'im on th'ead instead o'killin' 'im!"

Andwyad's heart stopped.  They were talkinga bout the old man...the dead guy in the back of the shop.  Oh shit....oh holy Gods....the men who killing him!  He had to go back and let the gal know.  And after that, she needed to get away!  Who knows, they could be just common theives but...

"Ya gotta go back fer th'girl."

Yup, that was it!  She was in serious trouble!

Without losing a step, Andwyad hurried back into the shop and out to the backyard where Megan was silently digging her grandfather's grave.  No no, they didn't have time for this!  They needed to leave, and now or else two other bodies would probably be found in a few days!  Festering and gross....

"Ya don' 'ave time." he told her softly, catching her arm as she shovelled, stopping her laboring.  "Th' men 'hoo killed 'im...they're outside.  We gotta go, now!"

ooc:  once again, I'm so sorry if this stomps on your toes!

Anonymous

OOC: Oh no, it's fine, I like it!

Megan's mind had no time to comprehend what was fully going on until Andwyad started to drag her away. "W-what do you mean they're outside, what are you talking about, let me go!" He was dragging her somewhere and she didn't have the slightest clue. When he left before she was somewhat sad.

She had been digging for only five minutes when he had suddenly returned in a haste to leave.....with her. She stared up at him as she was being dragged along to god knows where. Her eyes started to water. "What do you mean, why are you taking me... are they after me too?" She was starting to loose her breath as their paced quickened.

Suddenly in the backround she could hear men's shouts. They were somewhat distant but close enough to understand.

"Thy'r making a'run f'it!" she could hear one say behind her. She tried to quicken her pace in order to stay close to Andwyad.

"Quick, ge'er before she escapes!" Her heart was pounding in her chest as she took in long painful stabs of air that burnt in her lungs.

Soon she could hear the footsteps so close that she could of sworn they were at arm's lenght, but she dare not look back. As they ran some people turned heads and stared but quickly brushed it off brisqly.

Out of no where a set of powerful hands grabbed her by her free arm and pulled her back with so much force that she released her grip with Andwyad. The set of arms quickly pulled her into his chest and then grabbed her other free arm and twisted it up, he twisted the other arm so as she was somewhat bound and could not move her arms. One of them was yelling something but she couldn't hear him over the massive pain surging through her bound arms. She could feel the person's legs propell in another direction as she was being dragged the opposite way. Anger was starting to surface.

Anger from her Grandfather's murder, anger at being so weak, anger at the people who just turned the other cheek.

But not Andwyad, he was there for her.

She tried to stomp the man's feet but it made no difference. She looked up towards Andwyad.

"Andwyad, help me! Help!" she again struggled but that only made the pain far more worst shoot through her arms.

She was starting to get dragged away but her Grandfather's murderes.

But why?

OOC: It's a little bit dramatic and it definietly shows that Megan is somewhat weak, but hey.. I like it, if you don't I can change it because it is a little bit dramaticy..

Goldie

ooc: haha, bring on the drama!

ic:

Before he even realized what he was doing, Andwyad was dragging the girl away despite her best efforts to free herself.  They needed to get out of there now.  Not in a few minutes, not after the grave was dug and filled, now.

Gyah!  Why did he have to get himself dragging in the middle of this conspiracy?  He could have walked away, the gal would have been kidnapped..but hey!  It happened every day so why should he care?  The problem was that he did.  He wasn't hired out right now, he wasn't paid to be allies with anyone, so now his conscious took over.

Terrific....how the hell had he managed to do any assassin or mercenary work with a freaking conscious?

"Will ya stop squirmin'!" he reprimanded her, "I'll tell ya once we're out o'ere!"  It seemed like a good plan.  This way if she was at all smart...or curious...she'd go with him and not worry about why they were running other than the two bastards who had killed the old man were right outside her door.  After they were away he'd commence to interigate her, figure out why the hell she was being targeted and let her know that her grandfather didn't seem to be the one they had wanted to kill.

Well that would be a fun little chat.  Hey you, gal, why the hell are you being targeted?  Did you know that it's your fault your grandpa is dead?  Yeah that's right.

And the tears commence.

Andwyad couldn't help but sigh mentally as the scene played out in his head, and that was when he noticed she had been ripped out of his hand.

Shit.

He wheeled around and saw her being taken away by the two thugs from before.  Damnit...they had caught up and now she was going to be the next victim of their terrible plot for....well...something....whatever it was, it involved killing innocent people.

What the hell was he thinking?  He killed for money!  Gyah!  it was all too complicated for his groggy mind.  Too much to sort out now; he had to act, and fast.

Without another seconds pause, he raced towards the men who were taking the gal away.  He had to get her out of there, but it wouldn't do to kill them when they would be needed to clear her name or something like that.  Anyway, they were in broad daylight, so that wouldn't be cool.  All people would see was a strange man trying to pull away an unwilling gal and then two other guys came to save her, then the "rapist", probably would be his title, would charge back and slaughter her saviors.

Yup, that wouldn't do at all.  So it all came down to how many people he could take down with his bare hands, while creating a huge scene and labeling them as the bad guys!

"Let 'er go ya bastards!!" He screamed as he rushed forward, jumping on the one guy to the left, fists flying.  He landed two punches before the bastard realized what was happening and he dropped Megan's arm, returning Andwyad's assult with full force.  Of course, that wasn't all that Andwyad had up his sleeves.  he wasn't trained in the arts of protection and assassination for nothing!  And these guys just looked like big thugs with pea sized brains that only worked when they were harassing others!

The guy landed a punch across Andwyad's face, a split forming above his eye where a ring he was wearing gorged against him.  Shit, that had been close.  But no time to think!  A punch for a punch, and watch out for that ring!  He dodged the next, landing a well placed kick to the bastard's shins which caused him to grimace, losing his lead.  A punch to his head, to his stomach, anything to get him out of commission enough that he could save the gal!

The man fell over, panting and Andwyad straightened, short of breath himself and blood seeping into his eyes.  Luckily it wasn't deep and was just one of those head wounds that bled a lot creating the deception of a much more serious injury.

Without losing a beat, Andwyad looked over to the other man and realized, with a groan, that while they had been fighting, he had managed to run off with the gal.

Shit...where did they go?

Anonymous

Deep in the back alleyway Megan lay hidden in the shadows with her captor holding her tight in close range. She could see Andwyad from the streets, looking for her. But she couldn't make a sound for the rough calloused hand covered her tinted red lips. A million thoughts, a million questions ran through her head.

Why were they after her? It's not like she did anything. In order to get to her they had killed her Grandfather, she knew that by now, and it still sickened her. *My Grandfather died for me!* She could feel her eyes sting.

After about two minutes of watching Andwyad from the shadows the captor pulled her back even more.

"Now,he said,I'll bring you up to the high lord and we'll get this over with. You weren't even suppos'ta be born!" She was fearful, what did he mean?

She had to act fast, she had too do something.

She opened her mouth wide, boy was she going to regret this taste. And bit down hard with her perfect pearly white teeth into the man's flesh. So much she could taste his scarlet red blood. The man yelped out in pain and let go of her mouth, but in the process also pulling out a small knife. (The midevil kind! lol)

"You 'ittle witch!" he yelled.

She looked at it fearful with her eyes and her tongue suddenly caught in her throat. He was still holding on to her arms with one hand, at the wrist. For a minute she was truely petrified, but then, she felt anger. It coursed through her body and with it came a relization that she needed to get out of here.

She stomped on the man's foot, really really hard with her (I'm not really sure what women wore in midevil times) causing him to let go, but in a fast motion the knife came pelting through the air, landing deep within her side.

But she didn't really feel it. The only thing she had her mind set on was getting to Andwyad. He was still out there looking for her.....she hoped.

She gave the man a good kick where the sun don't shine, making him double over onto the ground in pain. She quickly turned and ran out into the bustiling street. She scanned the sea of people for Andwyad, not finding him anywhere. The side of her white tanktop was turning crimson.

Without a doubt she was sure she spotted Andwyad, and quickly made her way over to him. Yup, it was definietly him. She recognized him for what he didn't have.

Boots.

"I'm so glad I found you.... I was begging to get tiered....those men, those awful men.. I don't know what they want!" She was taking in sharp inhales of breath from running.

The whole side of her tank top was drenched. Very noticible.[/b]

Goldie

He looked around helplessly, trying to figure out to where in the name of seven hells that girl had been dragged!  How could he have been so stupid?  If this had been a paying job, he would have been fired and his reputation soiled!  GYAH!  The drink was making him slow, and this was the one time that he needed to be completely coherant!

Damn tavern, damn ale, damn dancing, damn head!!!!!

Well he wasn't doing much good standing here!  So, pick a direction and move!  That's the best thing to do...just guess where they had gone.  They couldn't have gotten far and been able to be out of sight...no....he was just hiding with her...hoping that Andwyad would lose interest, or go the wrong way....

He turned around slowly in place, taking in his surroundings and gauging where he would take a victim if he was in the other guys shoes.

Hmm....there were a lot of nooks and crannys....this was a bustling town after all!  And a sea port nonetheless!!  There were tons of things to hide behind!!

AH!  There!  That alley!  That looked like a great place, far enough away, but close enough that most people would just look past it, gauging it too close for someone to hide!

He was about to race down the narrow way when the gal came running out.  At first he breathed a sigh of relief.  Then he saw the crimson stain spreading beneath a knife that was lodged in her side.  For a few seconds all he could do was star at that spot, his mind completely stopping in shock.

"The hell!" He shouted, racing towards her and grabbing her shoulders, forcing her to sit down on a nearby crate that would be loaded into one of the ships in port at some point.

"Ya shouldn' be walkin', let alone runnin'!!! Are ya daft!?" He looked at the wound, trying to determine if it had hit any major organs, or arteries.....no...not arteries....there wasn't enough blood for that...but organs?  He wouldn't know until he removed the knife, and even then, he was no doctor!  Hell, he wouldn't really know for sure, and even if he suspected, he had no idea what to do about it!

"Hold still." he told her grimly, pulling his shirt over his head.  It wasn't the cleanest thing...but they needed something to stop the bleeding once the knife was out, "This'll 'urt."  With deft fingers, Andwyad grabbed the knife and quickly pulled it out of her side, making sure not to wrench it too hard and tear more flesh with the sharp blade.  Once the knife was removed, he quickly pressed his shirt to her side with as much force as he dared.  They needed to stop the bleeding, and then see a doctor.  The wound would need stitching, and the gal would need to rest for a week at least.....they didn't want a wound like this opening up again!