Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Whatcha lookin' at? ShizukuTonderui

Started by Anonymous, March 13, 2007, 04:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Rough, calloused fingers gripped the worn, leather hilt. The blade was nice and obviously used. Nicks ran up and down the length of the metal but it was sharp. The pommel wasn’t decorated with jewels and gold; cuts and signs of fights decorated the slightly dulled metal. The tip of the blade was shoved into the dirt and when the hand was removed from the hilt the leather was seen more clearly. Grooves had been made where fingers had gripped it tightly. The sword was fine in every aspect, and the one who wielded it agreed.

The same calloused fingers that had been spinning the weapon through the air moved to brush through short, chopping locks of hair. The ends were slightly uneven and just reached the shoulders of the warrior. The hair was brown but days spent in sunlight had slightly highlighted the top. The wielder leaned forward slightly, hands resting along their knees and the hair fell forward to brush red and slick cheeks. After a few moments and heavy breathing, the warrior stood up and grabbed a leather loop from their left. In a swift movement the hair was brought back and tied up with the loop. A few strands of hair fought free from the loop but most of the hair remained up.

The warrior wasn’t the only one in the training fields, but certainly drew most of the stares. More snickering than actual stares. Sharp emerald eyes flickered over to the men in the training circle nearest, and the snickering stopped. The laughter was brought on because of the warrior. A girl. She cleared her throat and reached her right hand forward to rip the bastard blade from the dirt. Lean muscles in her neck tightened from the movement before they relaxed as the flat side of the blade rested along her shoulder. She was covered in lean muscle which was only noticeable when she wielded the sword, and when she wore clothing that actually revealed her arms. Despite the heat and the sweat that soaked her, her attire included a long sleeved tunic and a pair of dark brown breeches. The tunic was made of thin, white material but it still clung to her arms and back. Beneath the tunic was a very visible band around her breast. Her breeches were a bit loose around her legs and tucked into a pair of well worn leather boots.

“You continue to stare and your ladies might get jealous.� Her voice was crisp and sharp as she shouted to the men who had been laughing. A smirk drew her lips upwards to reveal remarkably white, straight teeth as the two men flushed a red and turned back to their training. Her right hand gripped her sword and tugged the blade from her shoulder to fall down to her side. She shifted her feet in the dirt and swung the blade into a series of complex maneuvers. Her eyebrows furrowed together and droplets of sweat dripped down the sides of her face. The sun slowly began to fall from the top of the sky, but she didn’t seem to notice. The dull pain in her body was welcomed, and the heavy blade was continuously swung through the air at an invisible foe.

Anonymous

It appeared to be a good day, nice and bright but not too hot. A strange young creature had decided to explore the strange city he was staying in, and found himself at the most interesting castle. The castle wasn't really...IN the city...or was it? He couldn't remember, all he knew is that he had started walking, and found himself out front of a very nice castle. Not like the Adamalance palace back in his world, oh but then again no one could ever make such a beautiful castle. No except a God or two perhaps.

Adjusting his long sleeved open wrist shirt he made sure the hood was pulled up carefully. He didn't like it when people saw under his hood, more so when he was in his current form. The metal gauntlets slowly ran along the soft fabric ensuring that it was straight and proper. Finding that it was, he did a quick run around of the dark navy pants, tucking his shirt in to look presentable, or at least a little presentable. Thankfully he had the fern coloured belt with him, which he made sure to buckle comfortably. Ah, perfect indeed! As his large hiking boots trampled along the grounds, he wondered idly what this place was.

How had he gotten past the front guards into what seemed like a secure place? That was quite easy! He had gambled with them. A few simple slight of hand tricks impressed them enough, and he had managed to guess which card the man had been holding. Of course, one guard had slipped on a small patch of ice and promptly whacked the other guard in the nose, breaking it soundly. That had been his personal fault, but it seemed that one of the medics who came to tend the men was pretty cute. An upside perhaps to the injury? After all, that's what the strange hooded man was all about. Balance. Good luck for bad luck, and bad luck for good luck. Ah balance, it was always such a nice thing wasn't it?

Some voices got his attention though, as well as some strange sounds. He quickly headed to investigate this sounds, finding some people with swords practicing. He was always fascinated by people practising with large broad swords, they were quite interesting. However, the thing that drew his eye was the female of the group, swinging a heavily looking blade around. She looked rather dangerous to him, he wasn't sure but she looked rather deep in concentration too. The strange hooded fellow approached, his left eye burning ivory white, while the other burned a crimson. They were like two spheres of glowing colour locked in the inky black darkness of his hood.

"Evenin' gents, the name's Palzerus De Netari, care for a bit of a wager?" Two of them turned their attention to them, keeping their swords low as they regarded him. Pal grinned at them, his white teeth flashing in the darkness as he held up a deck of cards which he began to shuffle quickly between his hands. Ah, there was always an oppurtunity to gain a little bit extra cash here. "A simple pick a card any trick. Guess right, and I'll give you each two gold, guess wrong and you have to pay me two gold." Gold after all was the best incentive to lure someone. They readily agreed.

"Just take this deck and get your friend to pick a card. When done, just shuffle the deck and put it into your pocket." He handed the deck over and turned around, his arms crossed. The men quickly did so, picking a card, memorizing it, shuffling it back into the deck and then pocketing the deck. Palzerus turned around and grinned at them as he looked between them. Then he reached over to one of the men, his hand on his shoulder. When he pulled away, he was holding a card in his hand.

"Ah trying to hide your card in your shirt collar eh? Tricky tricky! Let's see...it was...the five of emeralds!" There was some mumbling and growling as they gave the deck back and paid up the gold, both of which Palzerus put into his pocket quickly. He waved after them, grinning all the while.

"Have a good evening gentlemen!" Ah, much too easy.

Anonymous

Daine heard a bit of commotion through the buzzing of heat and concentration in her head and slowly lowered her sword down so the tip of the blade rested gently in the dirt. She inhaled and exhaled heavily as her body twisted, staring in the direction of the men and another individual she hadn’t seen around here before. Her tongue brushed along her lips, picking up salty sweat in the process. Her eyes flickered up to the sun and she exhaled, realizing why her muscles and body ached so much. Her sharp emerald eyes fell back to the men and she caught the flash of gold. Gambling? Did men ever learn?

A smirk that seemed to live on her lips once more crawled to its home as she watched the man walk away with what she assumed was a lighter purse. Her left hand lifted up to push her hair from her face as she allowed the slight breeze to cool her, her skin erupting in goose bumps from the sweat along her body. Her head tilted to the side before the toe of her boot kicked her blade up, her arm lifting it the rest of the way up to rest along her shoulder.

“You might as well have stolen from them. Blunt objects the lot of them are. Why do you think they are knights?� She asked him, running the blade back and forth along her shoulder, always making sure to keep the blade on it’s flat side. She took a few steps towards him, her eyes watching him. She was quicker than most of the knights there, and she wasn’t really officially a knight. She watched the way the new man, if he was a man, walked. Her eyes tried to see within the depths of his hood but from her angle all she saw was shadows.

“I see no weapon. Judging from how those robes fall on you, you aren’t a big fellow. Certainly not material for a knight or a warrior of any sort. Looking for an audience? They’re better down in a tavern where most of them will be drunk. They’ll continue to pour gold into your hands without even realizing it. So, I’m curious as to why you’ve found yourself on the castles training grounds.� She rose an eyebrow after she posed her question, stretching her left arm above her head as her right hand kept her bastard blade steady along her shoulder.

Anonymous

Ah, he did so love to trick fools out of their money. That and they didn't notice a few of their coppers that had gone missing either, and a silver piece as well. Could it possibly be any easier to take from such simple minded folk? He could have stolen the shirts off their backs and they wouldn't have noticed it. Ah well, it was too late to do any shirt stealing now wasn't it?

That is of course, until someone spoke, and he turned his gaze to her. Oh yeah, if he stole her shirt he'd get an ass kicking, not something he was going to avoid. I could always ask why YOU'RE a knight there hot stuff. Palzerus of course made it a point NOT to say that part aloud, fearing once more a severe butt kicking by this rather dangerous looking lady. She looked almost like she'd be able to slice clean through him and THAT would be a very...painful thing.

"Hey, just 'cause I'm puny looking doesn't mean I don't make up for in speed and wit. Also, I've got big things, like look at this tush!" He turned and and promptly grabbed it, which of course, meant he grabbed nothing but solid bone. "Right. No flesh...Well...if I was in human form you'd agree that my tush was fantastic!" Palzerus didn't seem the least bit embarrassed by his own antics, turning around to hold that cold gauntleted hand out. Slowly mist began to form around his finger tips and he began to wave it back and forth, leaving a strange trail and slowly sunk downward to the ground.

"Because I find that Knights are much more gullible and susceptible to my shenanigans." Oh that was a fun word! Shenanigans. Ahem, had to look like he was a professional. Though, that butt grabbing display MIGHTA just lost him that chance.

"And I'm exploring here, observing all you fine folk at work. I knew some pretty strong folk like you, Paladins back in the day. Watched one smash through three trees to get to a Lich. Punched him once in the face and sent him straight to eternal damnation. It was pretty cool." Sometimes Palzerus didn't realize he was talking, he just babbled when he felt like he could. It was the easiest thing to do.

"Oh, I'm Palzerus De Netari by the way but everyone just calls me Pal." He seemed to beam as he bowed to her with a sudden flourish, straightening afterwards and grinning, his teeth flashing under the darkness of his hood.