Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

to Speaks the Light, from Breathes the Fire

Started by Tally, June 12, 2007, 09:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

[A Solisi messenger phoenix streaked across the sky and hovered briefly before Speaks the Light before consuming itself, leaving a letter behind in the ashes.]

Speaker,

I have your first target. Another message will follow with details. You must goad Dimitri into action as soon as possible. I don't doubt he will perform to satisfaction. Let him off his leash. This event must be memorably tragic.

You are in difficulty with him, I realize, but I have news you must give to him before he hears it elsewhere. His only living blood relative, his cousin Ash, has been branded and exiled for treason after his mother was burned as a moonwitch. He is likely claimed by the desert by now.  I have confidence in your ability to keep Dimitri in check, but he will not react well to this news. If needed, I shall request the aid of the Holy Mother in this matter, as we can afford no delays.

Though this new development complicates things on your end, it will benefit our future plans immensely. As will this traitor girl, Niamh, I imagine. I will investigate her family and turn this to our advantage. Do not let the Lumenari kill her.

Vulcan's continued presence is unfortunate.  Do what you can to separate him from Dimitri.  This is a delicate problem and will require delicate handling.  Regrettably, not even Her own word would suffice.  Dimitri is fanatical, not stupid.

I will handle affairs in Adela. Be ready to move at my word.

~Breather

Tally

<I>[A messenger phoenix finds Breaths the Fire within the White Palace.  It engulfs itself in flame, and from that flame comes Speaker's voice.]</I>

Breather.  I have sent you three letters.  All from Niamh, all in her own hand and her own words.  At first I feared her desertion would undermine the true purpose of the Lumenari, but after reading these over again, I understand what you meant.  It seems she is doing most of our work for us.  I entrust them to your care.

Dimitri has disappeared.  If She would locate him, it would put my mind at ease.  He reacted…exactly as I expected he would when I told him of his cousin, and now he's gone off in a rage.  None of the Lumenari know where he is.

You could have warned me before you went and got the boy exiled.  This task you've appointed me is insufferable.  Dimitri is like a wild animal.  If I must be the one to keep him in line, I expect to be informed of things that might inspire him to kill me <I>before</I> they happen.

<I>[The phoenix consumes itself, leaving Niamh's three letters behind in the ashes.]</I>