Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

To Mother, From Kisa

Started by Anonymous, June 16, 2007, 09:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

((This is just for fun. Nobody plays Kisa's mother but me. :)))

In exuberant handwriting, rather large, full of unnecessary flourishes and a few illustrations in the margins.

Dear Mother,

I've arrived in Arca! It was a long journey and Tomas's driver was an awful brute, but I'm here. Ana and my luggage arrived two days earlier than I, all as planned, and it looks as if none of my belongings have gone and disappeared on me, either. Perhaps Ana isn't the thief you and Miss Galbracht keep implying her to be...?

No matter. It has been quite the adventurous night already! As soon as I arrived, Tomas's dratted (pardon me, but he truly is a boor!) driver left me at the gates. Guess who, of all people, I should meet? The smallest, most audacious little brownie  that I've ever met (did you even know that brownies existed apart from fairy-tales, Mother? I certainly did not!), but, more importantly (to you, my dear, at least!), I met Lord Medirein of all people! Can you believe it? He's rather short of stature but just as devastatingly handsome as the minstrels tell it. He has a sword, too! He carries it in broad daylight as if it were a flute or peculiarly shaped hat. And it glows, too -- it's a magical sword. Why, it practically comes right out of those fairy-tales!

I suppose what I am trying to tell you, then, is that, despite a few troubles I've encountered (and I have no doubt that I will overcome them -- do not fret!), Arca has so far been wondrous. Overwhelming, yes, and frightening, perhaps, but all in all it's truly wondrous. I am so grateful to you and Father for allowing me to come! I already feel as if I've grown up ten years; I'm quite sure that you won't believe it until you see it, but still! So much has happened to me in such a short span of time that I'm almost afraid I'll be an entirely new and different person when I return to you.

Send my love and kisses to my sisters and my brothers, and a great big hug for Father. Also please make sure that Tomas is feeding my mare two sugar cubes a day, not one; I know he skimps but Violet gets so fussy when she does not have her sugar, and I do not want an angry mare to ride when I'm back at home!

I miss you all dearly and wish you could see the great fun I'm having in the city!

Lovingly,
Kisa Alberich

P.S. Please send money when you can; the fashions have changed at court (again, Mother), and what I have here is hopelessly outdated.