Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

To Commander Meguin, from Headmistress Bathoiri

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2007, 03:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[A letter in a thick envelope arrives on the doorstep of the elegant yet uniformly plain and creepily crumbling Meguin residence, delivered by a person who becomes a raven and flies away afterward. It is written in Bathoiri’s ornate handwriting, sealed with a wax seal of OLESAN’s logo (a pair of crossbones, with a book in place of a skull), and dated about one week after the day Zeke and Donna enrolled there.]

Mr. Meguin,

Enclosed is a bill for the tuition of Donna Henessey and Ezekiel Meguin. However, there is another matter I must address.  

It is apparent that your son, Ezekiel, is not an entirely willing pupil. He is squeamish and reacts badly to the presence of zombies and blood, both of which are common sights at the School of Applied Necromancy. As a result I have urged him to try switching to light magic, science or the literate arts- he seems to thoroughly enjoy any opportunity to read- but he has chosen to stick with necromancy.

I am removing him from the military courses for this term. If he is able to participate in these courses next term, he may be able to catch up to the other students, but he can not study such subjects at this time. In place of these courses he will be put in special classes aimed at increasing his mental strength and building the courage he lacks. This will further open the doors for advanced necromancy, to which his magic is better suited than strategics, and the most intricately beautiful elite branches of the black arts. It is my personal opinion that he may have a future as a professor here at Our Lady Entropis or equal honours in the near future.

P.S. The classes Donna will be taking have also been slightly altered to fit her <strike>unusual</strike> unique powers.

With all due respect,

Elzebet N. Bathoiri, Headmistress