Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Peddling around the city (Oceanix!)

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2007, 02:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ah, just another fine day in paradise.

Well…

It wasn’t paradise yet but it would become paradise soon enough. A foothold was being gained however, and eventually it could become a paradise. Maybe not a paradise for humans however, though they would play a very nice roll in making it paradise. Not just humans of course, elves, demons, dragon-kin, Drow, every single sentient humanoid and non-humanoid would serve to turn Connlaoth into a Temptation Lord’s paradise. They didn’t even know that yet, and he really wasn’t going to tell them either, best for him to just keep it all under his hat. If they figured out his plan, he’d be ruined and he would have to start all over again somewhere else, and he had just gotten this place going so it would be such a hassle.

Like he’d have to forward his mail to another realm.

That was the worst part of it.

Ah well. He’d have to make do for the time being, starting small and working his way up. That was what his plan relied on. Starting small. Very small. Just a few drugs here, a few nobles there, and then soon enough everything would start to pan out properly. If you looked at the bigger picture, even the smallest part played was still completely beneficial to the larger parts. Still, he loved his plan, and he was going to do his best to ensure that it succeeded no matter what. So far he was gaining a proper foothold, perilously gripping right now to the side of a mountain as he tried to look for a proper way to hold on. Of course, he would soon gain the right foothold, and he’d be on his way to the top. That was pretty much ruling this land with a Daemonic fist, maybe not the entire land but the entire country of Connlaoth sounded good right about now.

Don’t strive too high.

The higher you go, the longer you have to fall.

Slits for pupils looked skyward for a moment, up toward the sun that was slowly being covered with clouds. What was it with rain in this place? Granted he wasn’t fond of the sun, it being too hot and much to bright, painful to his skin after living in darkness and near fire or brimstone but still, there was always rain to go around here. He wondered if there were mages out there trying to screw around with the weather and annoy the people of Connlaoth. That would have been interesting…bothersome weather witches and such trying to get back at Connlaoth. He gave a curt smile to a passer-by, someone he recognized as being a user of one of his drugs. RB Kent, the Reality drug, a potent little pharmaceutical that let the user enter a dream world where they could do anything. Just…they never knew when they came OFF the drug. A lot of people’s dreams of course were simply being in the current world, just much better off.

He gave a small chuckle, quite proud of that one. His hands went to his large slate grey trench coat, pulling the garment tighter around himself to stop any part of him from being shown. If people knew that a seven foot tall Daemon Lord was walking around, they might serve to call the police or some such thing. Couldn’t have that now could he? His hat was secure upon his head, covering his face in darkness, and his hands were hidden inside the sleeves of his jacket. Perfect as usual. Thankfully his coat when down past his legs, just barely hovering above the ground, but low enough to hide his claw like feet. People were none the wiser to him, they just thought he was an overly strange person when they saw him, and some had no idea what a Daemon was for that matter. They weren’t into the occult and magical world, so Demons and Daemon Lords got left out. It had been perfect right from the start.

Now the question on his mind was where to go…where to hide from what would be the rain?

Ah.

A seedy tavern in the poor side of town.

Then again, he always stayed in the poor side of town. No one really cared about this place too much. The poor were always forgotten in a medieval society like this. Not that he cared about these people; he was interested in their so called betters. Nudging the door open with his hand he stepped inside and grinned wide, his teeth flashing in the low light. A seedy bar, chock full of addicts and whores, his best friends. No drug addicts though, just people who wanted to get wasted on alcohol. Such a shame really. The large figure moved over to the bar counter, straddling one of the barstools and tapping a long finger on the bar counter.

“Ale.� His voice was deep, low, a heavy baritone with a growl in the throat as he spoke. It didn’t take too long for a mug to appear in front of him, his hand coming out to coil around glass, lifting it to his mouth to take a drink. Of course, taking a drink for him meant draining the cup dry. A bit of steam exited his mouth as he audibly burped, wiping the side of his mouth with his sleeve before putting a few coppers on the counter, and of course, leaving a few small pills. That was his currency really, his drugs, giving them out at every chance he had. Turning his back to the bartender, he felt content to look around in this place. It was the epitome of temptation. Whores, drunks, alcoholic beverages, illicit substances, everybody here was being tempted by something, and getting their temptation fulfilled…it was good. Oh yes.

It was good.

Anonymous

Iion was sitting at the bar in this seedy tavern in the poor part of town. This is where he spent most of his time. If he wasn't here, chilling with the bartenders and the disease-ridden females, he was at the Bounty Office waiting for a new bounty or he was on a mage-hunt. But recently the Bounties weren't interesting and the mages were running in fear of whatever Connlaoth was going to do to them if they used magic.

Times were boring. Very boring.

The only kick Iion got out of life recently was the occasional tavern brawl with some drunken drug addict. Those drugs were killer. He'd seen many good men and women fall into addiction and depression because of them. Hell, the drugs weren't even that good. He'd tried them once...or twice. It's hard to remember, because with RB Kent you could never tell when you came off the high. For all Iion knew, he was still high. But of course, if he was high his life would be going much better than it was. He wouldn't be in this tavern, drinking cheap ale and sitting next to this creepy guy who was taller than him...

Wait. Taller than him?

Not many people in Connlaoth were taller than him. Usually just mages who modified their height, or people who weren't human. But he seemed human enough. 7 foot of human. But...humans usually don't blow steam after drinking an entire cup of ale in one swig. Maybe someone spiked my drink... Hmm...or maybe he was so sober he was hallucinating.

"Hey barkeep, slide me something a bit stronger." Iion said, motioning to his weak-ale. The bartender reached for a glass and a bottle of some dark liquid. Iion interrupted him before he could begin to pour. "In a clean glass, please." The man behind the bar quickly replaced the glass with something a lit less sludge covered and poured Iion a drink. Iion gladly took the drink and promptly finished his ale before he started to drink the new addition to his ever failing liver. Iion noticed that the tall man...thing next to him had not only given the barkeep some copper, but also a few small pills. Iion motioned to the pills and the bartender motioned back, indicating that he didn't care if he took one. The bartender, and owner of the tavern, didn't care if anyone used drugs in his tavern as long as he got paid for what he gave them. Iion looked at the pill curiously. He sniffed it, noting that it had a slightly sweet scent. This isn't RB Kent. Is this some kind of new drug? Not to keen on trying something he had no idea about he took a sip of his drink, noting that it had a slightly sour taste, but left a pleasant aftertaste. He wasn't too fond of the drink, so he crushed the pill on the counter before placing it in the sour-liquid allowing it to dissolve. He motioned to a girl 3 seats down from him, beckoning her over. "Hey baby, want a drink?" The girl, slightly smug and apparently not too interested in Iion gave in and took the drink from Iion's hand.

"Sure, but just this one. I've got a husband I need to get back to." She took out the entire drink in 3 swigs. Within seconds, the girl's eyes went wide and changed from a deep green to a light orange. "Mmm, that was delicious. I think I'm in the mood for something more." Catching Iion off-guard, she grabbed him around the chest and began kissing and biting his neck.

Woah.

"Hey there babe, you're married so back off." She wouldn't back off, and when Iion tried to push her away she just bit harder. "I. Said. Stop." Iion grabbed the mug the sour drink had been in and slammed it on the side of her head. She collapsed into a heap at his feet. What the hell was that about? Was it the drug? It couldn't of been me, I look horrible today. He was wearing his dirtiest and oldest white shirt, and his most faded black pants and he didn't even have his sunglasses. His hair was a mess and he had blood smeared on his neck. Wait. His neck?

Iion immediately put his hand against his neck and pulled it away. Blood. That hadn't been there before. It had to of been his. That bitch actually bit him and broke the skin. Damn she must have been horny. Holy shit, that drug is potent He turned to the man who had given the pills to the barkeep originally. He was looking around the room. Iion had an idea he thought might be fun. Slowly, Iion climbed up onto the bar without a sound. Luckily he had left his sword and katana in the nameless inn he was staying at. He inched his way over to the giant and very quietly bent forward. Being very flexible it was no challenge at all for Iion to bring his face directly in front of the big man's face. "Hellooo!"

Anonymous

His bored look stayed plastard on his face, but his mind was always working, always spreading out and focusing on the thing that gave him power. Temptation. If he could find a place with enough people that were being tempted and gave into temptation, his power would rival that of the Prince of Hell, or close to it at least. However, right now the only power he could use was his low level psychic powers. Reading surface thoughts, a bit of mundane telekinesis, just the little stuff that helped with his...existence. All of that came together for him in one convienant package, though the thing that had helped the most in his life was the telepathy. People kept their temptations on the surface, in plain site, they were always letting their temptations out, letting any passing psychic see.

And he was there.

To hear the thoughts, to see the images, to know their weaknesses, to understand just what they wanted, and how they wanted to get it. Of course, a lot of the time things had to be staged to finish off temptations. A pretty girl or handsome man, a mysterious stranger, a dark alley, a kind nobleman or a sadistic slave runner, there was always something needed to make the set up complete. However, he found more and more people just wanted the taboo, and in Connlaoth, using the taboo M word either got a lot of attention, or a lot of trouble. He had to be careful in this place.

Cutting through his mind, something caught him off guard. The magic that was inside the drugs was being released. Someone had taken a Potent Pleasure pill, and very close to him for that matter. He saw without eyes, a woman beside him, and a rather...simple but tall man. Oh did he like tall people. Not as tall as himself, but he was still up there in stature. And right now this tall man was being molested. That poor bitch had to get her pleasure, her body would go on over stimulus, and even the clothes she wore would bring her to state of euphoric, orgasmic, perfect bliss. Just, it was all the sweeter to have someone else on that pleasure ride. Though the tall man who had spiked the drink appeared to not want to indulge the woman.

A pity.

He knew a few women he'd like to slip that drug to, maybe have a romp with them. They weren't here though, and most of them weren't interested in him, or men for that matter. For the best really. He gave a short sigh, his eyes focusing back in, just in time to catch a man's face in front of his own. His eyes hardened as he saw the man trying to be comical, and he himself had to stay his own hand, lest he do something he regret.

"Iion. Five seconds until I bite your face off. That's how long you have to move." The man was a little forward, his name was always on his mind, it wasn't hard for him to reach out and simply pluck the name from Iion's mind. Then to show that he was not kidding, he opened his mouth, allowing Iion to see in the dim light the rows of dagger sharp teeth, gleaming, glistening, shining brightly even in the ruddy and dark light that was before him.

He was in no mood for games at this time. Business was always a foot, and he had to be careful.

A man standing on a bar, leaning over a rather tall fellow brought unwanted attention. Then again, a seven foot tall being in a dark slate grey trench coat with a matching hat brought unwanted attention.

Such was life.

Anonymous

4 seconds later, Iion had buckled forward into a forward flip and landed safely in front of the tall guy. And then, right on cue, he slipped. Damn it. There was still something in the broken glass on the floor. And now there was some of the very glass in his arm and hand. Damn it. He hoped that drug didn't affect him in such a little amount. He'd worry about that later, he had more pressing matters at hand. The tall man knew his name.

"Do I know you?" He asked. He didn't recognize this man, and Iion was sure he hadn't let his name slip. He wasn't that drunk...yet. Well, yet, if he was able to get back to his drinks. Which didn't seem likely. This man may kill him, or at the very least keep him from drinking. Iion sensed something major was going to happen, but he couldn't say for sure what. This man had an aura around him. Very powerful, very alluring, very...dare he say...sexy. Wait what? Oh...right...the drug. It wasn't as strong in low doses, but he could practically hump anything in sight if it were to offer. "You know my name, and yet I don't know yours. Don't you think it's only fair for us to be on even ground?" He patted the man on the shoulder and the piece of glass in his palm was shoved deeper into his hand. OWW "I'm so sorry, I forgot...there...was...", Iion trailed off. The man wasn't injured. His coat had a slight tear but that was it. Was this man made of rock? But now that his hand was almost useless, he had to get that glass out. Luckily whiskey would dull the pain in his hand, and give him a higher blood alcohol level. "Barkeep, bottle of whiskey over here." Iion swabbed some on his hand and removed the glass from his hand. The glass elsewhere could wait until he got some answers.

Anonymous

The man was really trying hard to impress him, wasn't he? Akabu was far from that though. The man annoyed him. Really annoyed him for that matter. The guy seemed like one of those warriors who tried much too hard. And he had, as he slipped and smashed himself onto the broken glass that littered the floor.

"No, you don't, but I know all about you, or, mostly about you." Akabu said with a small flash of his shiny teeth. The man was dealing with a drug in his system as well, probably transfer from kissing that woman too. Akabu just looked to his shoulder where the man patted, the glass having cut into his coat, making a slight tear. "You want my name? They call me Temptation. Every time you shoot up a drug, that's me in your system, making you want more. Every time you see a pretty girl, that feeling of wanting her is me. Every drink you take that makes your mind say 'one more won't hurt anyone.' Well that's me too, whispering quietly to you. However, for this instance, you may call me Akabu." Opening lines, introductions, they were the most important part of the day. If you made yourself sound goofy, you could lose people, if you made yourself too scary, people wouldn't respect you. The thing you had to do was find balance. Perfect balance.

"So Iion. Tell me what tempts you. Maybe I can make this worth your while." He loved temptation, and this man looked like an honest enough fellow. Most of the people from Connlaoth were as well. He was going to figure a way to get this man hooked on something. One of his drugs would have to help him out.

Anonymous

Temptation... This man, Akabu, wanted to know what tempted him. Iion, despite being brash had a bad habit of telling the truth before considering the consequences. "You want to know what tempts me Akabu? Money. Power. Women. The normal things men want. What's it to you? Can you give me these things?" Iion wasn't sure what answer he was hoping to hear. With a yes, Iion's wishes could be fulfilled. With a no, he could go back to drinking. A win-win situation.

(OOC: Short reply I know, but I couldn't think of anything to elaborate on)