Damned humans! [by RaspberryGold]

Started by Rhindeer, December 29, 2004, 10:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

RaspberryGold
Someone new!
(7/20/04 10:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All   Damned humans!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Lycansea frantically searched for a place to hide. The villagers behind him were getting closer by the second. He couldn't possibly out run them. He was panting heavily and his legs felt like they were on fire. His long bluish green hair kept flying in front of his ornate mask. He almost screamed in frustration. As he turned into a dark alleyway, he almost gagged at the incredible stench the wind brought. Horse manure! Was there anything as disgusting and foul as that?
"He ran into that alleyway!"
With a rising sense of panic, Lycansea put on an extra burst of speed. He could hear the footsteps right behind him. He burst through the alley and headed towards an old, burned down bar. He noticed that the walls looked like they were once a bright red. Of course, it was pure laziness on the human's part that they never took the thing down. He glanced back to see that they hadn’t made it out yet. The stupid humans were probably fighting each other to fit into it. He was laughing at the thought when he ran head-on into the old bar.

A large chunk of the roof fell mere inches from him. Lycansea was knocked off balance and landed squarely in the foul manure.
"Where is that bastard?!" a man's voice bellowed.
Lycansea was a bit stunned from the fall. He tried vainly to collect his muddled thoughts. Loud pounding feet surrounded him. The noise they made was almost deafening to his sensitive ears.
"I think that is him!"
The clamor rose to an unbearable pitch. Were they talking about him? Lycansea thought he was a dead man. Closing his eyes tightly, he prayed. His prayers were quickly answered and the noise slowed died away. He waited a moment before moving. He fought drunkenly through the manure. He stood there for a second wondering what had happened to him.

Then it came back in a flood. Damned humans! He came from across the land to buy new clothes. He now only had a filthy rag around his loins. It chafed so unbearably against his sore thighs. He had thought about leaving it, but his modesty wouldn't allow that. Plus, he couldn’t go into the village butt-naked. The sun had burned his sensitive back mercilessly. His skin had turned a horrible red color and was peeling everywhere. He was so thirsty he thought he would die.
Stupid boy! If that little bastard didn't steal his clothes, he wouldn't have had to come here. He wished he could find that boy and throttle the life out of him.

After "weeks" of traveling he had finally made it back to a cornfield. A young girl had taken pity on him. She gave him food and clothes. He only had a few coins to give her. She deserved more than that. She was a virgin... Her family thought he should marry her. He said he would rather die. Bad choice of words he supposed.

He vainly brushed at the manure. It had ruined his nice new clothes. Luckily he still had his money. He counted it silently, when he his ears picked up a noise...

(OOC: Hey! That is your cue!)

Mikayla13  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/21/04 9:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   <Daine>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Where the hell am I?" was the question I had been asking myself for nearly two hours. Tania said to go past the cornfields then take a right then I would be at their campsite, the old bar. God, why do I always listen to her?
"OK" I said to myself "Calm down. I'm sure that I haven't passed this field before."
Well ok, I was lieing to myself. I seemed to be doing that alot lately, I thought. My mind continued to march on its angry routine as I walked along. Well, on the good side it was a beatiful day and....There was the old bar!
"Oh please don't tell me thats where I'm sleeping tonight..." I mumbled, feeling that all too familiar feeling of annoyance with the last of the triplets. I surveyed my surroundings. There were some broken in windows, the roof definately didn't look safe, and there was a man sitting in the grass counting his money and very sunburned. I had a brief image of a lobster with blue hair, but quickly put it to the side. Maybe I should go investigate this man and see if he was alright...I took a step then started walking towards him.
ooc- ok post was a little hurried, but thats ok.

Leylakedi
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/21/04 9:54 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Skips up
 Tania

"Hi Daine! How d'you like our new campsite? I'll admit it's not much of a sight to look at, but it's better than paying some high price at an inn. Do you want to come in? I was thinking you could call Crystal---Hello! Who do we have here? If I could hear your name, please." I spot the strange man in our campsite. He looks drunk. I lean away and let Daine deal with him. He stinks and has horse gunk all over him. Of course, if somebody really liked the smell of horse gunk, then it wouldn't stink for them now would it? Speaking of wood, I'd better clear off a space for us to sleep. I mosey off.

Mikayla13  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/21/04 10:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del    <<Daine the angry
 ooc- omg! this first person rping is confusing! I keep putting in third person comments then I have to erase the whole thing....argh!
bic-
I turn to my sister, momentarily forgetting the man.
I pretend to be calm and brush my blonde hair out of my face with a patience I don't have.
"Oh yes. An inn would really be terrible right now. I'm sure glad you picked the first pig sty you found!" My voice slightly rose as I reached the word pig sty.

Tania seemed to ignore my comment and continue on with her questioning. I felt like pulling out my sword and stabbing her with it, but then I remembered the man and decided that it wouldn't make a very good first impression on him. I decided to join in on the conversation or else Tania might say something weird(which she did very often.)
"Yes a name would be very nice, sir." I say politely. There was a small tinge of anger in m voice, but I did my best to put on a nice smile.

RaspberryGold
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/22/04 1:05 am)
Reply | Edit | Del    Lycansea all flustered.
 "Lycansea. I was just... Walking and... I slipped in some..." Lycansea mumbled softly. He was humiliated to be caught in such a situation. Two girls finding him covered in horse crap! What luck he had. He thought about making some excuse to scamper off, but quickly brushed it aside. They probably have food. He couldn't turn down free food. Perhaps they even knew where he could clean himself off.

Hopefully they didn't want to start a fire. He hated fire. Water was a far superior element. Humans always seemed to love fire. Who needs it? To cook food? Bah. Meat was better when it was fresh off the bone.

Lycansea fixed his ornate mask, self-consciously. The millions of sapphires and emeralds caught the light wondrously. They were shaped in a pattern of a face. Though, one had to be in the right light to see it. A horrible thought flittered through his head as he adjusted the mask. If they saw his face, he might have to kill them. He watched the two sisters as they prepared the campsite. Could he kill again? Did he have it in him anymore? It was such a long time ago.

Mikayla13  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/22/04 11:52 am)
Reply | Edit | Del   Re: <Daine>
 I smiled at him, forgetting my anger. He looked very flustered about the whole thing. I looked down at my own clothes. They might as well have been covered with horse maneur. My green dress had turned a dusty brownish color and the leather bits on it looked like they were starting to tear a little at the ends. My boots weren't in that bad of shape though.
"We are pleased to meet you. I'm Daine and this is my sister Tania...or that was my sister." I added, glancing back where she had been. She was now walking away towards the old bar, probably to do some clearing out. I wondered about my other triplet, Crystal. She had been gone awhile. Perhaps Tania had given her the wrong directions as well. Crystal can take care of herself, I assured myself and turned my thoughts back to the man.
"You don't look too well. Would you like to share some of our dinner? Crystal should be returning soon with some food."

RaspberryGold
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/22/04 3:27 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   A bit of action now...
 "Diane. What a lovely name! Similar to my sister's name, Daynassea. I would love some food."

Lycansea eagerly lead her to a nearby bench. It wasn't much of a bench, though. It was just some old wood that was left carelessly aside. It looked like someone tried to fix the bar up once, but had to leave quickly. He sat down gracefully. It almost seemed like he had some royal blood in him. Only royalty and nobles could be so graceful.

Oh, he thought to himself, I should probably help. They searched the bags Tania had brought. Soon a campfire was roaring, despite Lycansea's protesting, and they were eating merrily.

It didn't take long until the roar of the angry villagers reached Lycansea's ears. Panicked he ripped off his shirt and smothered the fire. Diane looked a bit surprised at his behavior. He grabbed his shirt and easily lifted Diane up. Though he was lean and sinewy, he was quite strong. He quickly sprinted to the bar. Lycansea hurled Diane unto the roof. He waited a moment to make sure the roof didn't collapse. He looked for the other sister, but it appeared that she wandered off. With catlike agility he grabbed the roof and swung himself inches from Diane. He put his masked face inches from her. His sparkling blue eyes had a calming effect. Diane didn't appear to be as angry anymore.

The villagers swarmed into the area. Lycansea and Diane ducked down cautiously.

(OOC: Thanks so much for replying! You really think I don't suck at this? Thanks!  )

Leylakedi
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/22/04 4:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Surprise!
 OOC- No way! I was thinking that you were thinking that I sucked. Damn now I'm talking like Tania.

Tania

I look around for my sis and that guy...what's his name, Lycansea. Speaking of him and looks, I thought he might like this hide I was bringing him so he could clean up, along with some herbs to ease the sunburn. But now he decided to hide from me. Well, if that's the way things are, then--What's with all the yelling? Those villlagers better not disturb our meal. Where was Daine, anyway? Maybe she's bedding down for the night.

Speaking of down, I wish I had thought to bring along a nice pillow. Well, when Crystal gets here she'll fix us up nicely I suppose. I wish I had learned more magic. I go to the campsite, and notice something on the roof. I can't really see it with my eyes open, but maybe if I try with my eyes closed, because you know some things you can see just as well with your eyes closed. Aha, it's Daine and what's his name. They must have decided to sleep on the roof. Of course, to a bird a roof is the floor, so maybe it's not so odd. It all depends on your point of view. I swing myself up. "What's going on?" I hand the hide and the herbs to Lycansea.

Mikayla13  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/22/04 5:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Re: Surprise!
 ooc- nice one leyla
oh btw my names Daine not Diane(everyone gets in wrong)
Daine
bic-
I lay on my stomach on the roof, wondering who was down there. I thought I recognized a couple of the voices from the village.
"Why are they chasing you?" I whispered, but before he could answer my sister was on the roof, asking in a loud tone "Whats going on guys?" I felt a little panicky. For once I wasn't angry at my sister, I was just worried about her. I grabbed her and yanked her down, but it was no use now. The men had heard her and were now yelling up to the roof for us to come down.
"stay." I say quietly to Lycansea and I grab my sister's hand and we walk to the edge of the roof. I jump down off the roof then extend my hands to Tania. When we are both down I move to the entrance and stand there in defiance. The biggest ugliest man of the party(definately the leader) confronts me. He looks amused.
"Let us go by!" he says in a rumbling voice.
"No." I say, looking very calm.
"Do you want to get hurt? It would be such a shame...You and your sister are such pretty little things."
"I'm not moving."
"Move out of the way!" he seems to be getting very angry now.

RaspberryGold
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/22/04 6:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Lycansea was suprised at the girls
 (OOC: Daine. Right... I knew that! *shifty eyes*)

Lycansea was a bit upset when Tania jumped up on the roof. So much for hiding from the villagers. He should just give up. It wouldn't be so bad marrying that ugly guy's daughter. She apparently inherited her looks from her mother. But she was a bit stupid, and he only slept with her because he pitied her. She explained that her father was a bit of a tyrant. He should have realized right then and there that no good would come from sleeping with the guy's daughter.

He watched with fascinated horror as the two sisters jumped down. They might get killed! That guy definitely looked like he wouldn't think twice about murdering them.

The wind changed direction once again. The darkened sky gave warning to a storm of some sort is brewing. Using his natural echolocation abilities, he sent out a quick click. The reflected sound came back after a few moments. There was a busy market not too far from here. A quick plan formed in his mind.
Lycansea heedlessly jumped on the nearest villager. Luckily it was a scrawny, blonde guy. Looked to be her brother. He obviously never did an once of work in his lifetime. The scrawny man cried in dismay. His screeches sounded like a young girl who had her candy taken away. Lycansea quickly detangled himself from the man and started running. He glanced back to see the sisters were right behind him. And right behind them the villagers charged in renewed fury. Lycansea was already slowing down. He was tired from all the running earlier on. He hoped the sisters had some sort of plan.

Leylakedi
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/22/04 7:46 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del    A Plan...we do not have.
 Tania

I puff along, wondering what just happened, and what we should do about it. Lycansea better not have dropped those herbs. They took me a while to find. Now we'd better find Crystal, because I don't think my theiving skills and Daine's warrior skills can take on all these crazy people. Of course, by their point of view, they may not be crazy. They may think that we're crazy. Maybe we are. Maybe Lycansea is crazy, and we're crazy for helping him. I should ask Daine. "Hey Daine!!" She does not answer me, but then again maybe she couldn't hear me. Speaking of here, here is Crystal! Just in time! Lycansea better not have dropped that thyme herb. "Hey Crystal!! Are we crazy!?"

Crystal

"Tania!! You gave me the wrong directions! I can't find the stupid bar! Hey, what are all those villagers so angry about?" I examine the shouting mob just as Tania, Daine, and some guy reach me. "Are they chasing you guys? What did you do now?? And who's this?"

Tania

"Crystal! You gotta run! I don't know why! Why do we exist?? Ask Daine, she knows what's going on."

Mikayla13  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/22/04 8:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del    Re: A Plan...we do not have.

Daine

I stopped running. Crystal was here. Maybe now we could take them on. I knew she could take down most of them, but she wasn't quite in the mood to get another broken arm.
"Yeah. I didn't do anything! I have no idea why they're chasing us. Thats Lycansea." I panted. I realized that I wasn't going to be able to tell my sisters everything that was necessary so I closed my eyes for a moment and reached out to their minds.

Tania- Ok Tania. You hafta sneak up from the back and distract them with something then I'll come from the front and attack a couple of them.

Crystal- You have to do some magic...Anything will do. Just slow them down.
I take a moment to decide whether to speak to Lycansea. It was easy with my sisters, but it was definately harder with people you have just met.
Lycansea- Can you fight? If so just help me... I toss Lycansea one of the many weapons I carry and hope for the best.
Tania-Go now Tan!

RaspberryGold
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/22/04 8:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del    Almost there...
 (OCC: This site won't refresh for me. Sorry, if this post is a bit late. If it is, ignore it.)

Lycansea was a bit surprised when he saw the new comer. It was obviously the other girl's sister. He suddenly wanted to see his own twin sister. He had been away for a while now. The ocean would call to him at the strangest moments.
Gah! Was it ever boring there. Now, he was getting some action. He loved it! He loved the adreline rush when he leapt on the other guy. He wished he had some sort of weapon and there wasn't so many villagers. He could kill them all. But that was the problem. He could, but he couldn't. Oh well! It wasn't as fun when they were all dead.

He laughed beautifully. He was the foul trickster once again. He ran suddenly into one of the a hotel. People looked up drunkenly at him. The rooms must have been on top while the bar was on the bottom. What is with these humans and their bars? He checked to make sure the sisters had followed him.
"Hey! Can I have this drink? Thanks!"
Lycansea grabbed a picter of water from the bartender and threw it on himself. As the sisters ran in Lycansea threw some money at bartender. Winking wolfishly, he quickly hurried the sisters upstairs.
He quickly explained to the sisters, "Okay! They are fat, lazy, and stupid! All we have to do is jump a couple of roofs and we are at the market! They will search for a couple of moments and then leave. Then we could go somewhere else..."
His clear, shining eyes watched the sisters. They didn't seem to like the plan. Well, no matter. The villagers were pouring in downstairs. He could hear the bartender and the ugly man get into a huge arguement. Good, that will buy them some more time.
"Well, out we go!" Lycansea sang as he swung open the bedroom window. He looked back briefly at the bare surroundings. Looked like a whore house. There was nothing but a stained bed on the side. He didn't want to think what it was stained with. He grabbed a clothes line and gracefully walked across to another window sill.
"Now, you try it!"

Leylakedi
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/22/04 8:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del    Re: A Plan...we do not have.
 font face=Jokerman size=5]Tania[/font]

I wonder why we are fighting them. Maybe we should be fighting us. Maybe somebody could answer my quesions. Probably Daine.
Daine! Why are we fighting them? Maybe we should just escape! Maybe Lycansea did something really bad! Maybe...I trail off telepathically as I sneak into the shadows and wait till the mob passes. How should I distract them? Maybe...I take a dagger from my belt and think while the villagers catch up to where I am.

font face=Chaucer size=5]Crystal[/font]

Ok, Daine. But you don't know what you're getting into. Those villagers look particularily violent tonight.
Hmm..what kind of magic shall I do? I should first shield everyone. ~~~I hope nobody in the mob has any dispelling weapons, or else the sheilds won't do any good.
Now to wait until they get here. I jump off the road.

Mikayla13  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/24/04 11:00 am)
Reply | Edit | Del    Re: Okay, I knew I should have waited.
ooc- ill go with ur way...good compromise. This has to be a quick post cuz my dad is actively destroying the window by my head.
Might not be able to get on for a few days (Leyla either cuz shes off to camp) becuz we're destroying the window and dont wanna get crap on it.
Daine
I follow Lycansea into the whore house and into the back room. What was he doing? He started venturing out on the Clothesline and I undertood. Slowly I ventured out onto the window sill. The clothes line didn't look to sturdy...Oh the hell with it. Gracefully I climbed onto the line and pulled myself to the other windowsill.

Leylakedi
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/24/04 9:52 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del    S'all good.
 OOC: Sorry Ras, I didn't know you had posted before me, so I was just replying to Daine. On with the plan.

Tania

I run quickly after my sisters, hoping I would get some answers soon. Of course, as they say, Hope is the denial of Reality. I follow them onto the clothesline, my balance of a thief a great help. On the way I grab some trousers for Lycansea, as he seemed to have dropped the hide. Speaking of dropping, I land lightly on the other rooftop, wondering where we were to go next.

RaspberryGold
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/26/04 8:53 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   One more clothes line...
 (OOC: I am feeling horribly sick today. So my imagination just died.)

Lycansea was afraid for a moment they wouldn't follow him. They didn’t seem to hesitate too much. Sometimes humans can be scared of heights. Lycansea felt a mood swing into giddiness hit full throttle. He could barely contain his excitement now. Most creatures tended to hate Neocia for their frequent over-emotional ways. He tried not to be too overbearing, but it was his nature to be this way.
Lycansea skipped merrily over the assorted junk on the ground. This place looked to be a home for hobos. There were dirty rags all over the place. The walls and floors were slightly blackened from campfires put in the middle of the stone building. Some rotting food was hidden under the rags. He could smell the mold. He turned to see the sisters made it across the line. He swung his new weapon playfully at them. Though he didn’t hear their plans, he did manage to grab the dagger. They looked slightly annoyed, but not terribly so. He could easily kill all the villagers with this. But what is the fun in that? As Tania gave him new trousers, he bowed majestically. She smiled at his display, but he could tell she was getting impatient. He gestured for them to turn around while he put them on. He didn’t want them to see him naked. He tried to forget modesty with the villagers behind them, but he simply couldn’t.

He quickly ripped off the old pair and slid into the new ones. They fit so comfortably! He felt momentary regret at taking them. He will come back and buy the owner new ones, he thought to himself.
He skipped over to the window again. No one had made it up yet. The bartender and his goons were still giving them Hell. It sounded like a royal battle was going on downstairs. The police were starting to converge on the scene below. Don’t want to be caught in the crossfire.

He ushered the girls to the window across the room. This was the last building before freedom. The swarm of the market was directly below the other building. The sisters gleefully ran across to him. They were almost there! Daine almost slipped on a nasty, old bedroll. Lycansea steadied her and lifted her unto the windowsill in one smooth motion. This clothesline looked even worst than the other one. She climbed across again with more little hesitation. Crystal was next. She seemed to sense the robe’s untrustworthiness. She motioned to Tania to be careful. He watched intensely as Tania as she gracefully raced across. Now, that’s the spirit, he thought to himself. He tested it carefully. He could hear the fibers in the ropes began to slip apart. He motioned for the girls to go downstairs. If it broke, he didn’t want them to see him fall. They stayed almost to spite him. Lycansea climbed unto the windowsill and put a steady foot on the line. The rope creaked ominously. He took a deep breath. Lycansea took the line in two bounds. It snapped while he was halfway across. His arms flailed out in the air before he grabbed the rope. It swung downwards at the wooden building’s wall. He braced himself for impact. The sisters had just enough time to hear Lycansea crash through the walls below. They rushed downstairs to see if he was all right.

Mikayla13  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/27/04 6:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Re: One more clothes line...
 The moment Lycansea reaches ground I spring to action. Looking around for inspiration, my eyes rest on a tough looking empty clothes line, but it was far away and the only way to reach it would be to go along the gutter.
I take no time to think about the consequences of my actions thinking instead about our situation. Yes, I had no choice but to get the clothesline. Taking a deep breath, I step lightly onto the gutter. It creaks uncertainly, but I take another step then another till I’m there. I take a moment to gather myself together, but in the distance I begin to hear the sound of angry voices so I cut it short and start cutting the line with the extra knife I keep in my boot. The nearer the voices got, the faster I cut.
Suddenly the whole line breaks off. I congratulate myself with a grin and stick the knife between my teeth then, without a moment’s hesitation, I hurry across the gutter again. Just as I am almost to the other end I hear a particularly loud creak and the gutter begins to bend. I know it will break if I don’t do something. Looking down at my hands, I spot the rope and gingerly tie it on one of protruding beams then swing to safety.
Finally, I’m to the side I need to be on. In relief, I throw the rope down with one hand and stick the knife back into my boot with the other.
“Grab the rope!� I yell. I could hear them coming. In moments they’d be upon us.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

RaspberryGold
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/27/04 8:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Hope I don't screw up again!
 Lycansea was a bit stunned from the impact. He had made a sizeable dent in the wall, but he luckily didn't break through it completely. He cringed slightly when he heard the voice screaming at him to grab the rope. Humans had a tendency to forget how sensitive his ears were.

He pushed himself from the wall and moaned softly with pain. Great! Just great! He better not have broken any bones. Lycansea grabbed the rope and the sisters dragged him up. He was about to reprimand them for helping him when he heard gunshots ring out. The police were desperately fighting to get the two gangs under control in the whorehouse.
They had to leave now. He gathered the girls together and rushed them downstairs. The stairs moaned as if in pain in their flight downstairs. They burst out the wooden door into a very over-crowded market below. Lycansea could barely keep himself from laughing. Marching in front of them was the police and the angry villagers that had chased him. Lycansea realized how easy it would have been to kill them all. The deadliest weapon they had amongst them was a pitchfork. Though they had quite a few daggers and hatchets. The bartender was trying futilely to explain the whores. They were just "very friendly guests."

Lycansea waved cheekily at the leader of the villagers. He smiled as the ugly man tried to break free and was beaten to the ground by the police. The police weren't the friendliest sort. He figured it would be a good time to slip away while they were busy with the villagers. The girls followed him through the market. Lycansea tried to duck and weave through the market. Brightly colored cloth was the only walls for these "stores" that surrounded the twisting road. He liked these girls, which was exactly why he didn't want them to get hurt because of him. He preferred to be alone anyway. They continued to follow him. His head started to spin now. The bright colors began to form a large swirling mass. He must have gotten more hurt than he thought. The bright light of the noonday sun dimmed and finally went out.

Mikayla13  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/28/04 4:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   r u n r u n
 ooc- leyla is away so i hafta play all the triplets...Tania is gonna be fun to play he he he -_~
bic-
Daine
I come running up behind Lycansea, smiling. I feel so full of adrenalline that I could run miles. I laughed out loud.
"I haven't had that much fun since who knows when!" I exclaim and look over at Lycansea. There was something wrong with him and a small look of worry crossed my face.
"You don't look to well," I say then steal a look towards Crystal "maybe you should sit down and Crystal can do something."

Crystal
I run up behind Daine, Tania trailing behind me. I hadn't seen Daine this excited for a while. I had to smile in spite of myself. She looked almost childish as she ran after Lycansea. When she finally stopped there was worry written on her face. I came up behind her to see what was wrong. Lycansea definately didn't look too well, but maybe it was just the darkness. I frowned slightly, thinking then held up four fingers.
"How many fingers am I holding up?" I ask .

Tania
We had been running for some time now through the market place following Lycansea. I was quite happy when we stopped, They were asking how many fingers Crystal had or something. Now that was a silly question. Everyone knows people have seven fingers....or was it toes?
Speaking of toes, my feet were killing me. My boots weren't in very good shape either. I head off into the marketplace to go steal some new boots. Theres a peddler there who has a large cart of various leather workings. I'm pretty sure I recognize him from somewhere. Maybe I've seen so many people like him that it is actually one person that is in many places. I decide to go find out, my curiousity wouldn't be quenched otherwise.
"'S'cuse me. Do I know you? Or maybe its do you know me. Its all very confusing you see because you could possibly be--"
The man rudely cuts me off.
"I'm sorry miss I--" he stops and a look of comprehension passes over his face.
"Hey I know you! Your that tramp whos been stealing from everyone around here! Guards!" he yells . Hmmmm..That definately didn't sound good. I grab a pair of boots and run back to where my sister are. I can hear the guards behind me, shouting to stop.
"Hey guys! I think we should get out of here!"

RaspberryGold
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/28/04 6:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Flittering thoughts.
Lycansea opened his eyes and groaned softly. He lay in a soft bed with sweat stained sheets. He could just barely remember flittering dreams of killing. He was back at his underwater Kingdom. His twin sister stood by his side fighting desperately against the Dyla. They were huge creatures. Ten feet tall was the average height and they had arm muscles that were the size of Lycansea's chest. They relied mostly on strength to over-power their opponents. But the Neocia were a species built for endurance. They fought furiously to push the Dyla into the hallways from which they came. A simple lever could close the hallways then the walls would open. And the Dyla would drown in the ocean. A fitting end for enemies of the Neocia.

Those bastards! It wasn't enough that they had to kill each other Lyastá. Now, they came down to the sea to kill. He knew it was his fault. Once the Dyla King had seen his face... He wanted to conquer the Neocia people. Fighting the winged Ciri and their hybrid allies took many Dyla warriors lives. The Neocia, Dyla, and Ciri were part of the sub-species of Lyastá. The Neocia would make the perfect mates...

Lycansea nearly shook with rage as he remembered the old battles. It took him a few minutes to remember the triplets. Where was Tania, Daine, and Crystal? Lycansea slowly crawled out of bed. A kindly old woman tried to stop him. Her face was so full of wrinkles he could barely see her eyes. She had given him new clothes. He briefly wondered why until he saw a large blonde man standing in the corner. The trousers Lycansea was wearing previously had fit this man perfectly. What a horrible coincidence!
The old woman tried to coax Lycansea back to bed.

ââ,¬Å"I am so sorry! My clothes were coming offââ,¬Â¦ Hereââ,¬â,,¢s some money. No, no. I have to go.ââ,¬Â?
ââ,¬Å"No, young man. Keep your money. This region has been hit with hard timesââ,¬Â¦ It is not my place to take money from those that are less fortunate.ââ,¬Â?
ââ,¬Å"What happened?ââ,¬Â?
ââ,¬Å"I found you out in the street. My son here brought you in. Pleaseââ,¬Â¦ Stay.ââ,¬Â?
ââ,¬Å"I canââ,¬â,,¢tââ,¬Â¦ I have to find my friends.ââ,¬Â?

Lycansea smiled warmly at the woman. He put the money pouch in her hand and sprinted over to the only window. Without looking back he gracefully jumped down and landed in a huge blanket. It was a roof for one of the many stalls in the market. Lycansea wrestled himself from the blanket and fell to the ground. He lay there in pain for a moment. He thought briefly about the consequences if the blanket didnââ,¬â,,¢t hold him up. Then he went off in search of the sisters.

Mikayla13  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/28/04 10:21 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   heh
 ooc- heh this post might be kinda weird becuz im very spacey right now...
Daine
I turned at the sound of Tania's voice. She was clutching a new pair of boots, apparently stolen, and was running towards us with full speed. I heave a sigh.
"What have you done now?" Crystal and I say at the same time.
"Get Lycansea. We have to get out of here!" Tania said hurriedly. I looked rather surprised. For once Tania was being serious, but the last bit didn't make sense. Lycansea was right here. Wasn't he? I turned around, my eyes searching wildly, but he wasn't there.
"Wheres Lycansea?!" I ask
"Where did you put him?" Tania asks, her eyes dancing.
Crystal
While Daine and Tania are searching for Lycansea I walk towards the guards. I decided not to use my magic, but to save my energy and misdirect them. I can hear them running up the road, yelling up a storm. People were so loud around here.
"She went that way!" I say, pointing down the opposite alley. They immediately turn and head down the alley, running at full speed with swords drawn. I try very hard not to laugh.

Tania
This was all very silly. Daine seemed to have lost Lycansea and now she was questioning me about what happened to him.
"Are you sure you didn't see where he went?" she asked again and again. It was quite obvious that I had no idea. Speaking of ideas I had one.
"Hey, maybe hes back in the marketplace. Maybe his boots gave out as well." I point out, but no one seems to be listening. They are all to busy searching the alley in all the obvious places. Honestly, if your going to find someone you have to know where to look, but if you know where to look then wouldn't he already have been found? Apparently my sister knew all the wrong places, but I was pretty sure I knew the right places so I slink off back into the marketplace. Many of the guards weren't there. They are probably off chasing me I think proudly, but nevertheless I stay in the shadows. Speaking of staying I hope that my bag I left at the old bar hadn't been stolen. It took me awhile to collect(*cough* steal) all the things in that bag.

RaspberryGold
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/31/04 1:00 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   ...
 (OOC: Sorry, I didn't respond sooner. I honestly don't know where to go with this. I am thinking about posting in other threads to get a better feel for this place. But I need my character and I don't want to break the storyline.)

Lycansea searched desperately for the sisters. Perhaps if he waited at the old bar where they met, he might see them again. But that might be a very long wait. He questioned some store owners, but none of them saw the triplets. What if they left the city? If he left this village and they were still here and in trouble...

While Lycansea was deep in thought, a tall, muscular merchant ran by with a sword. He had some police and other merchants chasing after him. What now?!
"Did you see a girl run by with a pair of boots?"
"No... But I would like to find her. She...uh... Stole some clothes from me!"
He smiled to himself as he ran with the swarm of humans. They seemed a bit upset at his mask. Well, no matter. As long as he could find the sisters first. The swarm quickly hit a junction in the road.
"Hey! You go that way and I'll go this way."
Lycansea sprinted off to the right. He glanced to see the others running down the opposite direction. They were glad to be rid of him.

Lycansa ran back to the old bar one more time. He kept praying they would be here and not being throttled by the merchants. Some figures moved within the shadows. Lycansea slowly drew his long dagger. It would be enough to scare away some young would-be thieves.

RaspberryGold
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/5/04 10:41 am)
Reply | Edit | Del   I went to another thread until others come.
 Lycansea was more than a little disappointed to see that the figures were nothing more than a couple of young boys. A matronly voice yelled for their return. The boys left searching the packs and ran off through the alleyway. Lycansea sighed softly. There was nothing he could do, but continue searching. They will come back here eventually.

(OOC: Basically what I just said in the title. Once others come I will come back. When I do come back the hunters would be waiting there. Okay?)

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(8/21/04 9:07 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Muah! I finally arrived!
 The roar of angry villagers and the sound of many boots pounding against the pavement caught Keina's attention--which had previously been dedicated solely to the voluptuous, blessedly well, ah, endowed serving wench on the other side of the tavern. And that was saying something. After all, her bodice was rather tight, strategically tight, so that her pale, plump bosom--

Oh, wait, the villagers. Right.

Peeling his gray eyes away from the pretty wench for a moment, he cast his gaze out the window and watched the crowd rush by, brushing his chin-length brown and blonde bangs from his face to better see. Yep. They were pissed. And excited. Definitely a mob in action.

Huh. Wonder who's getting the noose this time...? Keina pondered absently and, out of sheer, morbid curiosity, rose to exit the tavern and get a better look. Before he left, though, he made a point to stop and slip the serving wench a few extra coins. "Thank you." He was amazed at his self-control. It had been very tempting to add, "for the pleasant view".

Walking out into the alley, he stood by the wall so as not to get trampeled as the last straggling villagers rushed by. Then, once the street was fairly clear, he casually tagged along behind, his worn boots thumping softly on the ground and loose ponytail swaying slightly behind him.

Ah...he knew he really shouldn't be wasting his time being a snoop. For that matter, he shouldn't be wasting his time succumbing to his lecherous ways. He had a job to do, after all, and he was being paid to do it! But he couldn't help it...he had to know what was going on...

Better not be someone I know. That'd be a shame.

Edited by: Small Wonder   at: 8/21/04 9:28 pm

Mikayla13  
SotE addict
(8/24/04 9:26 am)
Reply | Edit | Del   sry for latish reply went on last minute vacation
 ooc- lol i've been there man
Daine
This was starting to get ridiculous. Tania, Crystal, and I had been searching for Lycansea for a half an hour and the sun was starting to go down. Personally I wasn't going to stay up all night searching the shadows. I turn towards Crystal. Maybe she would understand.
Hey Crystal. I think we should give it a rest for awhile. We can find a nice Inn and....Hey wheres Tania?
I thought she was with you. Crystal says with a frown, but now I was more then frowning. I felt like yelling. All day my patience with her had been tested and it was starting to mount up.
We'd better find her before she steals something else. I say and start walking towards the plaza with Crystal.
Tania
So far my luck had been good and I hadn't run into those raging villagers, but as I slipped by an inn I heard someone shouting about an evil bootnapper. They could at least learn my real name...People these days were so ignorant.
I decide its time to leave. The yelling was getting louder and people were starting to come out of the inn to see what was happening. Anytime now they'd see me here. So I pull a cloak over my head and duck into the alley behind the inn.
Once I am inside, I breathe a sigh of relief. No one would likely come here. The place smelled like sewage or something equally nasty. I scrunched up my nose and scan the alley for a place to exit. If I stayed here to long I knew that my nose would never work again.

RaspberryGold
SotE addict
(9/7/04 10:41 am)
Reply | Edit | Del   I went on a last minute vacation too!
 Lycansea stumbled back to the old bar. Smoke fumes from his clothes were making him nauseous. He really shouldn't have gone with that elf to go drinking. What kind of man was he? Leaving these girls...

He absentmindly searched for the girls' packs. A stream of curses burst from his lips. There was nothing here. Those girls really did leave him. There was no reason for them to abandon him. He wasn't as "annoying" to them as he usually was. Fine... I will just go back to the bar! Even being groped by 40 year old males was preferrable to being ditched by little brats. He vainly brushed back his fine blue hair from his stunning face. He will have to get his mask repaired. The great, oranate mask looked so pathetic now. Stupid elf!

His ears picked up a sound. A visitor?

Edited by: RaspberryGold at: 9/7/04 10:41 am

Mikayla13  
SotE addict
(9/7/04 7:55 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Re: I went on a last minute vacation too!
 ooc- yayers! I thought everyone had ditched me. Not going to post cause I don't realy have anything to say *waits for Small Wonder to reply*

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(9/9/04 11:39 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   YAY!
 OOC: XD I thought we'd been abandoned, too! WHOO! Welcome back!

IC:

A man Keina hadn't before noticed brushed by him quickly, stumbling into a building just ahead of him, and Keina's attention instantly turned from the mob to the man. The guy seemed in hurry, and from the curses resounding from the building, seemed to be frantically searching for something. Waitaminute...that was just a bit suspicious. And Keina made a point of being intuned with suspicious occurances. After all, it came with his job and lifestyle.

What if that guy was the one they were after?

If that were the case...hmm. He imagined he could earn a pretty penny turning him in. A little side-job and extra money would be a nice, extra bonus...

If that were the case, that is. Which Keina was about to find out.

He casually walked the rest of the way to the building at an easy pace--mobs were unpredictable, and if he acted like he was in a hurry, there was a tendency for suspicion--and, once there, leaned against the doorframe just as nonchalantly. "Havin' trouble?"

Mikayla13  
SotE addict
(9/9/04 9:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   uh oh
 Tania turned in surprise. A man was standing at the end of the alley. Not good.
No not at all. she said, her eyes narrowed suspiciously. Whoever this man was she didn't trust him
ooc- gotta do quicky post cuz I'm about to get kicked off the computer by stupid siblings.

RaspberryGold
SotE addict
(9/14/04 2:52 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Sorry about that!
 Lycansea nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard a voice behind him. He was so furious at the thought of those girls abandoning him, he had stopped paying attention for intruders. This wasn't a rare thing for him to do, though he could hear an intruder from a mile away. (Give or take a couple of hundred feet.)

"Don't sneak up on someone like that? What if I was armed and paranoid? I might have shot you in the foot!" Lycansea paused a moment. He appeared quite outlandisih with the look of mock indignation on his face.

"No trouble at all!" Lycansea kicked the ground in a nonchantlant manner. The creature didn't appear too taken aback by Lycansea's beauty, which was always a good thing. "You haven't see any triplets lately, have you?"

Voices started to rush into Lycansea's ears. Great, the villagers are back...

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(9/14/04 4:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Triplets?
 Hmm...thus far, the guy hadn't given him any further reason to suspect him. And, aside from his initial alarm--which was natural, considering Keina had snuck up on him--he seemed nonchalant. Unconcerned, if irritated by something.

Definitely not the attitude of a hunted man.

Not in most cases, at least.

Aside from blinking in surprise as he finally got a good view of the man's face, which certainly wasn't what he expected, Keina appeared equally unconcerned, even as the sound of the villagers returning reached his ears. Glancing briefly over his shoulder, he quickly moved further into the building and took a seat on a table near the man. Mobs were dangerous, and even though he wasn't known in this village, he didn't wanna take any chances of being swept up by the mob action.

"Hmm? Triplets? Nope, can't say I have. Huh...crazy townspeople you've got here. What's worked them up into such a frenzy, you know? I just got here, and this is what greeted me..."

Mikayla13  
SotE addict
(9/19/04 8:29 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Re: Triplets?
 Crystal-
I watch Daine. She was looking particularly ticked off and was walking fast enough to be running. I try to keep up with her.
Where do you think she went? I ask, but she glowers over at me and continues walking. Anyone else would've thought she was being rude, but I knew she was just stopping herself from saying something that would be a little far beyond rude. We were approaching the plaza now. Daine and I stopped and looked around for signs of Tania. I saw nothing, but Daine suddenly gave me a sharp look and started walking towards one of the streets. I followed. She was heading towards some sort of side street at the back of the inn. As we approached a terrible smell rose up. If Tania was hiding here it was good thinking. No one in there right mind would ever come here.

Daine-

I peered into the shadows around the street. Something was telling me Tania was here. It was our triplet sense most likely. We approached what looked like a dead end. Dammit. I had almost been sure that...A movement behind one of the large piles of garbage caught my eye. I swiveled around. Crystal immediately ducked behind one of the crates. That had always been our defense stragedy.

Straining my ears I heard something like 'No not at all' Immediately Crystal and I recognized the voice. Anyone who talked to themselves had to be Tania. Crystal immediately left from her hiding place and bounded towards Tania.
Its us Tan! she yelled. I remained where I was. I was still mad at her for running off.

Tania-

Oh great they were back. Now we'd never find Lycansea. Crystal had run forward all happy and hugged her. If there had been reason for hugging I might';ve not have minded but there wasn't and I was busy.
Come on Crystal. We have to find Lycansea. Honestly you two get so easily distracted. Crystal wasn't listening though. As usual. I still hadn't gotten answers about all those things I'd asked about earlier.
Daine. Can you tell Crystal that I say we should go. Daine gave me an annoyed look and turned to Crystal.
Come on. We've found her. Lets go and find Lycansea. At this we all turned and headed out of the alley. Boy that place stunk. I'd have to come back later and learn what was causing that stench.

RaspberryGold
SotE addict
(10/3/04 12:09 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   <-Lycansea
 "Oh lots of things... Humans are always runnin' around screamin' for no reason. I swear it seems most of them just spend their lives in the most horrible moods! Sometimes they need to just lighten up a bit.... Gah, don't tell me you are a human? I was just talking about humans in general!"

Lycansea blushed a bit as he tried to explain his rant. He wasn't some prejudiced old fogey like his Lyasta brethren. He was better than that...

"Anyhoo, what brings you to the bad side of town?"

Great, he was probably a thief or murderer and he had been talking to him with his back turned most of the time! He had to stop being so trusting. Smelled a bit like beer though. Perhaps he knew a good bar...

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(10/3/04 12:46 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Weeell...
 OOC: Picture I did of Keina! www.deviantart.com/view/10914756/

IC:

Keina grinned in unchecked amusement at the man's little tirade, especially when it seemed to dawn on him that, yep, he was complaining about humans to a human. He canted his head to one side a little when he had finally finished. "Mhmm...no offense taken. Heh...I happen to agree, actually. I just hope I don't fall into that category; I always took pains to avoid sheep mentality."

Well, it wasn't too difficult to do just that. After all, he was a thief by profession, and just that simple fact alone set him aside from all the honest, hard-working...naive lambs.

"Bad side of town, eh? Heh, coulda fooled me. This whole town seems messed up," he quipped, then shook his head. "But, nevermind that. Ah, anyway...actually, I'm lookin' for someone. A girl." He tilted his head to the other side. Wouldn't hurt to ask. "Maybe you've seen her? Blonde hair, last seen in a green dress...? I really need to find her...I lost track of her a while back. She's my cousin. Yeah, I know, there're prob'ly a million blondes in green dresses runnin' around here...but, yanno. Can't hurt to ask." He shook his head, appearing to be genuinely concerned.

That was an outright lie, of course. He had no ties to the girl save that he had been hired to find her and drag her back to her husband. But pretending to be a relation of hers might help prevent any suspicions.

RaspberryGold
SotE addict
(10/3/04 1:58 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   <- Still Lycansea! Oooo...
 OOC: Hey, you are on DeviantArt too? Well, someone did fan art for one of my characters, Lycanseawww.deviantart.com/deviation/7471427/

I wish I could draw that well.  It is funny how that link has so effectively lured me back here.  

IC:

Lycansea smiled at the human. Good, he wasn't offended by his little tirade. He had seen tons of blonde girls in green dresses, but something about the creature's casual voice gave him pause. He had met many a shifty fellow during his travels, this one had that shifty "air" to him. Of course, Lycansea immediately liked him for it. He was attracted to danger like a moth to a flame...

"You got that right!" Lycansea replied. "I would have to see her first. Humans look so incredibly alike to me. No offense. Of course, everyone looks alike to me!"

As he was talking, he couldn't help but notice the screaming growing louder. Well, perhaps this group wouldn't recognize him. I mean, the other villagers were caught... Right?

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(10/3/04 2:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Whoaaa!
 OOC: O_O That's AMAZING! *staaaaares*

IC:

"No offense taken. Again," Keina replied with another grin, though this one was a bit less enthusiastic. Darn, he didn't know a thing. Pointing him in the direction of any blonde in a green dress would be a start, at least; Keina would be able to decipher from there whether or not it was the right girl. After all, he'd been shown an image of what she looked like, and Keina had a photographic memory.

"I see...hmm..." Where could she be? The last lead he'd gotten had been what had brought him here. He'd already scoured the better parts of the village with no luck. If she wasn't there, she had to be here. Unless she'd moved on. But, then again, this area, though bad, was perhaps the best place to hide. It was the most undesireable and unlikely...and fugitives tended to be attracted to such areas.

With a soft sigh, he stood up. "Well, if ya see anyone likeâ€"" The heightened screams cut him off and, instinctively, his hand reached for the hilt of his dagger, then relaxed and rested on the pommel. "What are they doing?" he muttered, more to himself as he watched outside. Erk. Didn't look like he was going to be going outside anytime soon. They were in a frenzy, and he didn't want to get caught in it.

Mikayla13  
SotE addict
(10/3/04 5:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Re: Whoaaa!
 ooc- awesome picys!!! *is jealous*
omgoodyness i don't like doing three points of view *is exhausted* Way to confusing.
bic-

Crystaly!-

Looking over at my sisters, I noticed how tired we all looked. Daine kept on stumbling while she tried to walk and make sure Tania didn't run off again, my eyes were starting to droop, and Tania--well Tania was being Tania. I stopped in the middle of the street. My sisters stopped too. They looked at me in unison.
I think we should rest. All this running around is draining me. I said gently. Daine nodded solemnly, too tired to argue.
Ok! Lets go back to the bar! said Tania excitedly. Daine looked at her and raised an eyebrow. She looked like she wanted to argue, but I quickly cut her off.
Great idea Tan. Lets go. We started walking again, this time towards the bar. No one said anything as we approached.

Daine-

The first thing I noticed as I approached the bar was the sound of voices. I made a sign to the others to stop and went ahead towards the voices. I peeked out from a bush. Villagers were clustered around the place yelling there lungs out. Grimacing, I headed back towards Tania and Crystal.

I think we found Lycansea. I said.
Where?! Tania asked excitedly. I ignored her.
What are we going to do? Crystal asked, looking worried.
Whatever we can. Maybe we can lead them away from him. Crystal nodded and we set off towards the building.

We were now as close as possible and wondering what to do.
Hey Daine! I got an idea, said Crystal soundlessly, We should find out first if hes in there though, I'll try and send him a telepathic message. It might be hard cause hes so far away, but I think I can do it. I nodded.

Crystal- Crystal reached for her power, tired as she was she wasn't sure if it could reach him, but she'd have to try.
Lycansea? Are you in there? We're outside. Give us a signal if your in there.

RaspberryGold
SotE addict
(11/21/04 2:07 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Sorry for the lateness!
 (OOC: Sorry for my late reply. I had to study for midterms for two weeks and immediately afterwards I was so... meh. I couldn't bring myself to RP. But DeviantART is down right now, so I pretty much have nowhere else to go!  )

Lycansea was growing increasingly annoyed at this town. All these humans were constantly causing trouble for him. Chasing him all over the place. Sure, it could be fun to be chased, but he really wasn't in the playful jester mood right now. It was extremely rare when he wasn't playful, but he was dead tired.

He let his emotions get the better of him for a moment and almost seemed to squeeze the life out of his dagger. Get a hold of yourself!

He glanced over at the human to see that he tensed up for a moment at the increasing clamour outside. A voice popped into his head at that moment and nearly scared the crap out of him.

"Crystal?! Where in the heck are you?"

He looked around vainly for Crystal. It sounded like she was right beside him. He could feel an eerie sensation now. Magic, perhaps? Ugh, he hated magic. Signal... What could he use as a signal that wouldn't attract unwanted attention?

He looked around for a moment and decided on a piece of wood on the middle of the floor where the fire was supposed to be. If there was anything he hated more than magic, it was fire. Picking it gently off the ground, he crept over to the burned down door and dropped the piece outside so it looked like a piece of wood just fell from the door.

Hopefully they will figure out that he was giving them a signal...

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/26/04 11:11 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Er...who ya talkin' to?
 Keina raised an eyebrow at the man's sudden outburstâ€"which was the type of outburst you could expect from someone who had just been surprised by a friend jumping out at them.

Blinking slowly, Keina tilted his head a little, watching as he went and placed a piece of wood outside. Strange man...maybe he was one of those people that claimed they could speak telepathically or something. Personally, Keina couldn't help but view said types as a wee bit crazy; he knew that if he started hearing voices in his head after hanging around a bar too long, he'd be a little concerned...well, unless he had a good reason not to be. He knew true telepathy existed. Well, believed it, since he knew he didn't have the ability. But when it came to bar-room folk...that was a different story. Those types got wasted enough and they'd say anything.

But, then again, this man seemed sober enough. Hmm.

"Who's Crystal?" Keina asked conversationally as the man finished, once again returning to his seat up on the table.

RaspberryGold
SotE addict
(12/23/04 12:26 am)
Reply | Edit | Del   <--Lycansea pwns all!
 (OOC: I get the feeling our friend isn't coming back. Well, I am not waiting for her any longer.  Though, I think I am going to start to try and back my way out of here so I can RP Lycansea at other places.)

Seemingly waking up from a trance, Lycansea looked up at his friend. "Oh, no one. Well... You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

Lycansea almost burst into a fit of laughter. Ever since he came to this town, he had been fighting or running for his life. This was one of the most exciting days of his life. Wait... There was that one time running through the battlefield. Lycansea smiled to himself as he mentally went over his past adventures. Sooner or later, he must retire from all this running. It was starting to get a bit much at his age.

"I don't suppose you can find any beer in this rubble? I love how humans always leave buildings to decay. They never take them down like some species..."

He smiled charmingly at his companion as the voices were growing louder. They were definitely coming this way now, he thought. He should just leave before it is too late...
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

[*nodnod!* Sadly, I get the same feeling... ;_; Oh well! Just means I can put my li'l kidnapper up for hire again. XD]

"Beer? Probably, but..." That had been a random question. After all, the voices were growing louder, coming closer, and though Keina didn't visibly display the emotion, he was starting to feel a tad uneasy. He had no qualms about tailing a mob to find out what all the fuss was about, but to have a charging mob heading in your direction...eh, that wasn't too good a position to be in. All things considered, Keina didn't exactly have a squeaky clean record, either. Sure, he'd been hired by a noble family to stage a kidnapping, but that didn't make the act any more lawful if he was caught, nor did it nullify his past exploits.

He wasn't too keen on being recognized, and when people were pumped up and suspicious like in mobs, it was easier to be recognized.

Hell, when people succumbed to the mob mentality, they weren't beyond lynching anything that moved that wasn't part of their little posse. People were crazy like that.

"Hm..ya up for a drink on the go?" Keina offered with a wry grin, lowering his feet to the ground and walking around, seemingly unhurried, to what was once probably a pretty nice bar, but was now literally falling apart. He vanished behind it for a moment, crouched down as he shifted through the rubble. Bottles clanged together as he moved them out of his way, frowning. Erk. Seemed like someone had had the same idea, only long before they. Ah! Well...there was a bottle of wine...it was half empty, but it still looked good, not that Keina was good at telling these sort of things. He'd never been a drinker; you had to keep a clear head if you ran the kind of business he did, if you could call it that.

Reappearing and walking back around toward the door, Keina smirked and held up the half-filled bottle, turning a little to glance at his companion. "There's some wine, at least. Some wino beat us to it, seems. Catch!" With that as his warning, he tossed the bottle over toward the man, then turned to peer carefully out the door. "Dunno about you, but I'm splittin'. Those crazies are almost on us. Comin'?" Casually, he reached back and tightened the leather tie that held his red-brown hair back in its messy ponytail. Hair could be such a pain...no use having it come undone and get in his way while he ran. It'd probably be a lot easier if it was shorter...but the women always seemed to like it.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

A small gasp escaped a villager as a sharp pain shot through his abdominal area, his head tipping down to take a look at the sight. Protruding through him was a slender hand with razor sharp nails, dark blood from the villager himself dripping down the pale hand. Some of the other crazed villagers took a look back, their faces twitching in both horror, disgust and even a tad bit of wonderment of what it was. The pale hand recoiled back and the near lifeless villager was shoved forward into the mob.

"Your time has ended . . ." came a cold and rather silent voice from where the now deceased villager was one standing. All that was there was a long black cloak seeping on the ground with the hood pulled up. A face wasn't visible, but the bloodied hand was, the liquid dripping to the ground at the figure's unseen feet.

Nothing more came from the being before it swiftly moved itself into the center of the mob itself. There was no mercy in the beings heart, or mind; a thirst for bloodshed even if it did not feed upon it. The only sound that was further heard from the cloaked creature before a sinister laugh was emitted was the sound of a metal blade being slipped back into its sheath.

Again, the stained hand came from behind the veil of darkness; fingers letting out a solitary snap. The moment the resounding of the snap had stopped, the first seven people within the being's range dropped to the ground, blood smearing about the ground and coating the cloak. Another snap and the next seven dropped, painting the village a crimson red. Before the next snap was given, the rest of them began to run for their homes, screaming in terror and dropping things they were carrying.

Now standing there in silence, the stained hand came up with a similar pale hand to pull back the bloodied hood of the cloak. Long silvery white tresses fell against the pale face of a man, over his shoulders and further down hidden into the cloak. Iridescent yellow orbs took a look around at the carnage, a grin creeping onto lightly shaded lips.

Keep peace between kingdoms, or so he had been told. What a hoax that was. Peace wasn't something that could be attained since there were beings like him. He had no mercy for the weak, no pity, no remorse for his actions. A heartless demon with no other idea of fun other than destruction and murderer.

This was Scyros.

Rhindeer

Standing near the door as the voices grew ever louder, Keina was on the verge of just throwing open the door and taking his chances with running. His companion seemed more concerned over alcohol than the impending desctruction a mob could bring and, quite frankly, Keina rather fancied living. However, right as he was preparing to make his mad dash...the pitch of the mob's shouts changed significantly, going from screams of outrage and excitement to cries of pure terror. And then, a growing silence as the cries began to grow distant, signaling that the villagers were apparently backtracking.

Keina started, gray eyes blinking slowly in confusion. That...he didn't know what to make of that. It was good that they were no longer swarming toward he and Lycansea, but...erm...well, what stopped them? Something had happened. Something that obviously spooked them.

Hrm...maybe an authority figure of some sort? Though, he didn't imagine their screams would sound that desperate and, well...blood-curdling.

"That's...weird..." he murmured, glancing back quizzically at his companion. But, though unnerved, Keina wasn't one to wear his emotions on his sleeve, and so he continued to feign that cool calm that he always tried to project. "Hrm...well, in any case, sounds like they're gone..." In any case, now was a good opportunity to scram, and Keina wasn't about to let on that he was spooked. If he started something, he finished it, and he had been about to split. So, he would. Besides, it was getting kind of stuffy in that old bar. "Dunno 'bout you, but I'm usin' this as an opportunity to get outta here."

Opening the shoddy door with a creak, he slipped outside quickly and took off...

Only to stop abruptly when he stumbled over something that had been in his path.

Sprawled on the dusty ground in a manner uncharacteristic to him, he collected himself and began to pull himself to his feet, grumbling. Smooth. Really smooth. It might have been smart to plan out his route and make sure there were no obsticles in his way before he decided to charge out in the open. But, there had also been no obsticles there before when he'd first come here...

And that was when he finally noticed the thick smell of blood that filled the air, and when he noticed that that thing he'd tripped over was the bloodied body of a villager.

...not a good sign.

Reaching quickly and instinctively for the dagger at his belt, he drew it without even thinking, and as his eyes raised from the body at his feet, and as he rose cautiously to his feet himself, they fell on the cloaked figure of a man.

A man with blood splattered upon his clothes.

He didn't look like any guard he knew...but he certainly didn't look too...nice, to say the least. And with the smell of blood so strong, it was Keina's guess that more had been killed.

Shit...just his luck...

Anonymous

The scent was sweet, bitter yet sweet at the same time. Scyros just wasn't in the mood to stand there and talk those villagers out of the way. Besides, it had been several years since he had taken anyone's life; he was getting mighty rusty at it, too. For the mere moment that people were dying around him, he felt like he was truly alive again, finally back to his old self rather than being some Lord kissing ass to the Queen to stay within her good graces all of the time. That kind of life was getting very tiring and it was getting close to the time that all of that was going to change one way or another. And he would lead it.

Bringing his blood-covered hand up and grabbing the side of his cloak with the other, he gently wiped his hand clean, taking his time and making sure there was nothing left on it. He held his hand up toward the sun, the skin almost transparent and the bones almost visible. Then without warning it dropped down to his side like it was limp and useless, slipping back within the cloak before he even bothered to acknowledge the fact that there was a living being staring at him.

For some reason, Scyros seemed pleased that it was him . . . That he was the only one standing out there in the open for a clean blow and not know it. His hand twitched slightly as it brushed along the hilt of the conealed blade, but he didn't unsheath it . . . For an odd reason.

There was something up. Something that only he knew and just wasn't about to go frolicking around shouting it to the best of his ability. His voice was near a whisper; all that battle crying in the olden days had seriously warn his vocal cords down. At points they bothered him so much he wanted to tear them out himself. He just never actually got to doing that.

His nose twitched. There was another about, another within that place those two seemed to recognize as a ransacked haven of booze. Yet there wasn't the scent on this man that stood out in the open, no scent of wine, beer, liquor or rum. Hm . . . A non-drinker. That could easily be changed, but it was off the matter of business that was being concoted within that head of his.

HIs lips didn't move, but the sound that came from Scyros' direction was the same as if he had spoken aloud. "A man for hire without much doubt . . . Keina, I presume . . ."

Rhindeer

Keina had stayed where he was, rooted to the spot as he studied the stranger before him. More specifically, watched his hands, especially the one that slipped under the cloak. That action could be perceived very easily as innocent...if the man before him wasn't covered in blood, of course. Keina suspected a weapon; it was just far too easy to conceal a weapon under loose clothes like that and, hell, it was easy enough to conceal a weapon under tight clothes, as well, if you knew how.

Needless to say, he had no intentions of taking his eyes off the stranger. Do something like that, and you might as well openly invite the knife that could very well find its way between your shoulder blades or in your ribs. Keina was no stranger to danger, and he'd learned some of that the hard way. Well, he'd never been knifed, per se, but he'd come damned close to it, and had the scars to show for it.

Of course...much good keeping your eyes on some ominous stranger would do if said stranger didn't even need weapons, but was a mage. Unfortunately for Keina, he was an ordinary mortal, and from the scent of death and carnage around him, and from just knowing that this single person was likely the reason a whole mob had fled...well, he had an unnerving suspicion that this guy had magic at his beck and call. So, basically, if he decided Keina was next on his to-kill list, he was royally screwed.

Wonderful.

But, that didn't mean Keina wasn't going to do his best to avoid such an outcome. If he could make it to the age of seventeen, he could make it another year if he played his cards right. He'd become pretty familiar with tight, tricky situations these last few years.

However, for the moment, all thoughts of escape plans and tricks went flying out the window as the man spoke, and Keina was too focused on watching the more lethal parts of the man's body to notice that his lips didn't move when he spoke. But, even if he had been watching his face, it was doubtful that he would have cared much, for the man's words took him completely by surprise. And before Keina could rein the emotion in, it flashed across his face for a second. "Wait...what?"

He...knew of him? Taking a chance, Keina brushed his eyes over the man's face. Not someone he knew...and he certainly didn't look like any guard he'd seen...which could mean one of two things: one, the man knew of him and wanted to hire him, which would be just dandy, or two, the man knew of him and wanted to capture, maim, or kill him for some reasonâ€"and with the work Keina did, and the...ah...womanizing...he did, there were a lot of reasons he could name off the top of his headâ€"which was decidedly a Bad Thing.

The latter seemed really, really likely, given the blood. Not a happy looking guy. Though, he had mentioned the word "hire", though that didn't necessarily mean anything...that could be more like a way to describe what Keina did rather than an assurance that that was what the man was addressing him forâ€"

Damn, Keina, stop over-analyzing and do something other than gape like a dolt! he berated himself, snapping himself from his thoughts.

Clearing his throat, his fingers tightened around his unsheathed dagger as, once again, he returned his gaze, cautiously, to the man's face, gray eyes slightly narrowed. "That...depends on who ya are and what ya want..." he replied calmly with a small, wry grin, slowly standing. Even though his mind was racing, he somehow managed to keep his expression confident.

At least, he tried to.

Anonymous

There was a sparkle in his eye as he caught the boy's emotion in his words. A little surprise, possibly a little wonderment and fear of what was actually going to happen. It was indeed interesting after hearing from several low sources to meet the one that had been recommended to him. Those empty golden eyes of his looked over the youth for quite a few silent moments. He was indeed young and the question arose whether or not he could get the needed job completed; but all doubts vanished from Scyros' mind for the time being. The kid wouldn't being doing the job alone, there would be guidance to it . . . if he were to accept it.

A bit of disappointment came to the demon's face as he stood there. What if indeed the youth did not accept the job? The whole arisement of political displacement and chaos would be thrown out the window, but the Lord's composure soon returned as if it had never left in the first place. If his talking could not be enough to convince this man to take on the job, then surely the gold and wealth that would come from it would be enough to convince. The twisted being had learned the desires of those around him, and gold was almost always the fuel for doing things. All things usually came with a price attached to them, and paying that price was not much of a large deal at the time.

He was untrusted.

That was perfectly fine. There was no real reason for this man to trust him with all the carnage at his feet and blood covering his cloak. His left hand fumbled at his side under the cloak, clanking noise coming from it. Then it stopped. His hand came out from beneath with his blade concealed within its sheath, holding it out before himself horizontally. With a quick thrust of his arm forward he tossed to at the youth's feet. Maybe that was enough to put the younging to some relaxation. And to even moreso ensure that more trust was given, both hands came up to unfasten the cloak at his throat, letting it fall over his arm and then to the ground at his feet.

A shimmering silver necklace hung from his neck, crimson red rubies embedded in the cross that dangled from the end of the chain at the center of his chest, gently resting amongst the black royal shirt he wore. White cloth pants were tucked within black boots at his feet, loose enough for quick movement. The full length of his silvery hair was no revealed, the tips brushing down against the backs of his knees and loosely tied toward the middle to keep it a little more under control.

He had no more weapons to lay down.

To comfirm that, he patted himself down to his feet and stood upright again with his hands outstretched to the sides and turned around. A Lord parading himself about just to get trust, but it would prove its worth in the near future hopefully. Turning to face the young man again, his left arm gently placed behind him and the other in front -- elbows bent -- he bowed politely before cautiously taking a few steps toward Keina before stopping to speak. Again, his lips making no movement, but the voice clear.

"It does not matter who I am at the moment. All that really matters is that you are who I was searching for, and now you have been found." A nod of his head was given. "I have an offer for you, and I undoubtfully know that you will indeed accept it. Yet it will not be spoken off out here in the open. Please, do lead the way back into the place you had exited," Scyros requested, giving a half bow this time around.

A demon, being polite . . . Something that just wasn't seen every day anymore.

Rhindeer

Indeed, Keina's anxieties lessened considerably with the man's obvious efforts to put him at ease, and as the sheathed dagger was tossed at his feet, he sheathed his own blade with a metallic hiss. Sure, there was still the issue of magic...but if the man decided to use it on him, little good a dagger would do, anyway. Besides, peasants didn't generally wear ruby encrusted silver jewelry; this man was obviously of high standing judging by that necklace and fine clothing, and it wasn't everyday you saw a Lord taking such extreme measures to ensure he could be trusted, nor was it everyday that a commoner was bowed to by a Lord. Judging by the man's actions, he guessed it was safe to say the guy didn't want him dead or something, otherwise he wouldn't be humbling himself like that. It was a bit amusing, actually, and Keina's grin of feigned confidence turned into a genuine smirk of amusement as he watched.

On that thread, though, he also supposed it was safe to assume the man wanted something, wanted to hire him for something. After all, he had mentioned that from the get-go, and why else would someone who knew of him approach himâ€"if it wasn't to cause bodily harm, that is? In any case, it was good news to Keina. Lords paid well enough, and short of sleeping with the man, he'd do anything if the money was right.

Women...now, that was another story altogether...

Hell, come to think of it, he might even bed a man if he paid really, really well and looked decent enough. Couldn't really say until he'd been offered, he supposed.

Shoulders relaxing, he shoved his hands into the pockets of his worn breeches, the left knee of which was worn through completely, as he calmly listened to the man speak...and it was then that he finally noticed the Lord's odd...er...ability? An eyebrow perked as he noticed his lips weren't moving, but he kept his own mouth shut. He just wouldn't ask. The guy was making an offerâ€"well, speaking of an offer he was planning to makeâ€"and that was what was important.

Never mind that the man had just killed a lot of people. That wasn't any of his business, didn't concern him, and so long as he wasn't on the chopping block and stayed in this man's good graces, he was content.

Keina gave a nod of his own. "I'm a jack-of-all-trades, so to speak, so if the money's right, I'm in," he told him simply. "But...ya sure ya wanna talk there? There's a guy there, and, er, since it's a private matter and all...but, if you're sure..." He gave a shrug, then stooped to pick up the Lord's dagger and turned back toward the old bar to lead the way. Normally, he didn't particularly like leading a stranger anywhere, but he believed the man well enough to leave his back unprotected.

Anonymous

It was surely a feeling for stooping low for the sake of his plan, a feeling of dishonoring himself and his position. Yet at this point in the game, he was prepared to do just about anything to get what it was that he wanted accomplished. Even if it meant bowing to a commoner, which he had already taken the step in doing. Scyros knew there was truly no need for the youth to fear him but it was only natural and highly anticipated. Almost like the entire thing was already planned out in that demon's devious mind with a few things that were more than likely bound to change amongst their conversation that would soon come.

So there was another person within that old building. That only confirmed his suspicion of such. Whether there was someone else or not, it didn't matter to him. It was easy to make it so the person wouldn't be able to hear the striking proposition the Lord had and cut in on it. He only had the need for one, and Keina was the recommended one; recommendation was what he was going by and always would if the source or sources were trustworthy.

He did not mind that the boy had taken the dagger into his possession, it was going to be a start to the ultimate payoff for him anyway. This youth had no idea what kind of pay he would receive for this little escapade of Scyros'. And just from that fact that when it would be stated there was no doubt that this younging would graciously accept it. Silently he trailed after him, keeping a nice distance to ensure that Keina did not get frightened. Afterall, it was a big leap of trust for him to walk with his back to a murderous Lord. Nonetheless, he respected it and followed peacefully inside only to make a hurried beeline for a lone duo of chairs and a table in the corner of the rundown place.

His gaze never wandered over toward the other person, they were kept locked on the youth he would be conversing with. He didn't even wait for Keina to be seated before he started up about the offer.

And as before, again, his lips did not move.

"Don't worry, your friend over there won't be able to hear a single word of a conversation," he set out first to assure the man for hire before going on into anything real important.

"Before I get into the job itself, I'll inform you on what you'll be getting for your services." A small grin settled on his lips. "You'll be settled within my home for your accommodations. It's the last place anyone would ever look -- not that they'd even get passed the front door. Aside from that, you'll have full access to anything you may need . . . And the payment itself will be grand, pending on how well the job goes. Either way, it will be more than you'd expect for this simple task."

He propped his elbows up on the table in front of himself, his fingers laced together and his chin fimrly pressed on top of his knuckles. For no reason he cleared his throat as if he had been verbally speaking. It was both awkward and sensable at the same time. Nonetheless, it was a short intermission from the payoff to the actually task that would be handed to the boy. A deep breath was taken in and slowly exhaled before he sat back in his seat, rather refined and proper as a Lord should be seated. He was just a little more relaxed than what he normally would've been.

"Now . . . What it is that I want of you, dear boy . . . Is for you to take on the task of kidnapping one of Adela's royal family members." There was more, it was obvious by the tapping of his nails on the table top. "I would not pin you up to take the young Prince Dorian, however. You wouldn't make it out alive. And Queen Lykoth will more than likely be overly protected both day and night being that she has just recently come to power there . . ."

Scyros grinned, continuing on this time speaking from his mouth; the sound of his voice the same as the one Keina had been hearing. "More or less the Princess Arelnath. She'll be an easy catch being that she's often sneaking away from the castle on her own. It's be very simple to capture her without it really being noticed for hours or even days . . . Yet it's all up to you which you'll choose, and whether you accept or decline my offer to you."

Rhindeer

Taking a seat across from the Lord as he began to speak, Keina set the man's confiscated dagger on the table between them and leaned back in his chair as he listened, arms folded lightly across his chest in a relaxed manner. Lycansea wouldn't hear a word? Even if he spoke out loud? Interesting...more mage stuff, he assumed. Magic, so long as it wasn't being directed at him for ill, always fascinated him, primarily because it was an ability unknown and unavailable to him. But, he didn't lament its absense. He got along just fine without it, and always had; he didn't need it, and rather prided himself on the fact that he did what he did without any magical aid or anything. Sure, it would have made some things easier...but where was the fun in that?

He listened with growing interest as the Lord continued, speaking first of the pay...and part of Keina was seriously itching to ask for specific figures. He spoke of accommodations and a grand payoff...but what was the grand payoff? Some Lords tended to believe that just because one was a commoner they were stupid and would settle for any amount of money above dirt poor. Then again, the jobs Keina had carried out for previous Lords had been ridiculously simple, and the money had been alright...though it hadn't lasted. But, it also fit the respective jobs, he supposed, which had been pretty mediocre. He had a feeling this was a bit different, a bit larger...the other Lords hadn't been nearly as hush-hush, since most of their problems revolved around family matters...seemed they had issues when it came to keeping their wives.

In any case, there had been no accommodations, he had been provided no supplies...

And yet, this Lord, despite all he was willing to provide, said it was a simple task.

He decided that, for now, he would just hold his tongue and ask specifics later, once the Lord had further explained.

A flash of annoyance jolted him at being addressed as "dear boy", but he continued to hold his tongue and hope it hadn't shown too much in his expression. Sure...he was young, especially for what he did. He knew that. But he wasn't a child...he was a bit beyond being simply a boy...but...erk. It didn't matter, did it? This guy was talking money. Yeah...he could rein in his pride for a whilâ€"

"Royal family member?" He blinked, suddenly sitting a bit straighter, as though wanting to make sure he heard right. But...apparently, he had, for the Lord continued, naming off the names of potential targets, and then concluding by suggesting the Princess. For a moment, Keina was silent, taking it all in and musing it over in quiet wonder. Adela. He wanted him to kidnap an Adelan Princess...

Of all the assignments he'd been offered, that definitely took the cake in all aspects: risk factor, payment, notoriety...and it involved his two favorite elements...

Money. And women. And not just any woman, but a Princess.

In truth, he'd already chosen to accept it as soon as it all registered, but for the sake of appearing professional, as he was sure his overall appearance lacked that appeal, he waited a few moments before responding. Which, in the end, also paid off, as it gave him a few moments to think it over a bit more deeply and seriously. It would be dangerous...there was no doubt about that. More dangerous than any other assignment he'd undertaken. There would be a search for her once she was taken, though, as the Lord said, with the schedule she ran, it would be a while before she was noticed. And speaking of that...a plus was that, if all went well, he could avoid the castle altogether...which made it all much easier. It was easy to abduct someone in a bustling village, or in the woods. He'd done it before.

"Sure, I'll bite," he said finally, resting his elbows on the table in a manner similar to the Lord's earlier position and absently brushing aside red-brown bangs. "Heh, sounds like...fun. Just got a few questions. What kinda accommodations are we talkin', what kinda money figures, and where should I take her once I got her and for how long? Your place? Or somewhere else? I'm already hooked, just gotta know the full scope of the kidnappin'. Sounds simple enough...not that I mind complicated stuff a bit," he added with a grin.

Anonymous

A glint of light showed in his golden eyes, taking a note of the annoyance to the young man of being called "boy." Indeed, he was no boy. But compared by age and experience in the world, he was still a mere boy. Yet he would no longer address him as such. It was only good to get to know what you could about the one you were hiring, and vise versa as well. If it was going to be done properly there would very much indeed need to be a small bridge of trust between the two of them. Otherwise everything might as well be dumped down the drain without a second thought.

And as the questions came his way, it didn't take Scyros by surprise. Of course he had questions about the whole thing. Who wouldn't? It was a questionable task, as were the motives to the whole idea. It was only a few questions, no reason for them not to be answered. The offer was already accepted and questions were fully welcomed. Scyros didn't shun them, the younging was curious and wanted details. If that was the case, then he would surely receive the details.

"You'll be welcomed to stay within the largest room second to mine. Servants will be at your every waking call and need. A full wardrobe will be presented to you, it is your choice to accept it. As I had said, anything you need at all with be provided." That was rare to offer a man for hire, if it was ever offered to one before. He wasn't sure, but he was going to undoubtfully make sure that a guest to his home was properly taken care of and had the best that could be offered and nothing less of that.

"As for money figures, it's not quite exact and counted down to the last bit of gold. Just for your acceptance of my proposition, you'll receive a small bag of gold and you're allowed to keep that dagger," he said, bringing his hand up to gently slide the dagger closer to Keina. "In the room there will be two bags about half a bag bigger than the first one you'll receive. Both filled completely. This is indeed a very high paying job, and I am giving it to the one that has come with the highest recommendations. In the end, you'll more than likely end up with a total count of 10-13 bags of gold."

It was much, especially for just a job of kidnapping a Princess. But it had its risks and those had to be accounted for and properly paid for as well. But it was so much more than the gold to Scyros. He wanted to new Queen out of her position so that he could take his rightful spot as the King of Adela. He had been waiting for so long, so patiently to take over the kingdom that it was time for him to take action while it was still possible. Lykoth was still adjusting to it all, he knew it. It was the perfect timing and he was going to act on it.

He shivered slightly. For such a nice warm day, he was chilled to the bone. Either way, he needed to finish answer the questions. "As for where . . . That is all up to you. The room will still be opened to you should you chose. Or if you prefer I will have a place set up for you in Thanatos in the Necromantia Isles should you prefer. The choice is yours."

Rhindeer

Keina listened to the Lord's answers with a growing sense of, well, shock. It was true. That he knew of, it wasn't the norm to offer such things to a hired man such as himself; he was used to being offered the job, doing it, getting paid, and that being the end of it. There was rarely any communication in the meantime, because depending on the job, most clients liked to distance themselves from the act, which was understandable. For a client to offer up their home and other comforts for the duration of the assignment...that was completely new to him, and almost, well, insane, in a way. He wasn't used to anything remotely close to that.

Hell, being offered anything in advance, for that matter, was new to him, and a soft curse of surprise slipped free unbidden when the man spoke of payment. He was quick to apologize once he realized he'd spoken out loud; he didn't want to offend the Lord, especially not now. Shit...the man had to be kidding. It was almost too good to be true. But...he had to remind himself just what task it was he was taking on. He would be abducting a Princess. Yeah, that ought to pay well, considering the risk factor alone, but...damn...that was still a lot more than Keina was used to, and a lot more than he'd been expecting. He'd been expecting a good amount...but...damn...that could last him a lifetime. And he certainly hadn't been expecting the Lord to offer up a good deal of that gold in advance.

But, the fact that he did, and the fact that he was offering so much, also said a lot about his character, and it was indeed important to know your client when agreeing to take on a job of this caliber. Keina could rest assured that he wasn't going to be slighted, and the Lord could expect, and did expect, the same level of honesty from Keina. And a job like this required a great deal of that, for the sake of both parties.

And not just because of the money involved.

Keina could care less about motives. He had no loyalties toward any country, or any person, for that matter, save the one he was hired by at any given moment. Whatever motives the Lord had for wanting an Adelan Princess captured was his own business, and whether he told them to Keina or not was his decision. Either way, the secret was safe with him because, obviously, he was very deeply involved. The Lord didn't have to fear him speaking of it, ever...unless, of course, the Lord so much as thought of turning in Keina for whatever reason. There was a great deal of trust needed, and that was sometimes hard to give. Keina usually didn't have problems with trusting a clientâ€"because he knew they were in just as deeply as he was. Maybe even deeper, in some cases.

He didn't think he'd have any trouble with this Lord. He'd proven himself already.

When he'd regained the ability to speak again, he cleared his throat. "Ah...well...sounds good..." What an understatement. But what else could he say to something like that? "It's...it's very much appreciated. Can't say I've been offered anything close to this before...never kidnapped a royal family member before, either, but rest assured, it'll be a snap. A kidnapping's a kidnapping, only thing that's different is the title involved, and I've done enough of those to be a pro," he assured him with a nod, and it was no bluff; he had carried out similar feats, and it wasn't too hard, usually. It all depended. In any case, he'd been a thief all his lifeâ€"he'd had to in order to surviveâ€"and with a kidnapping, you were just stealing something a bit...bigger. Sure, it was more complicated and less impersonal, but the concept was the same.

He wasn't going to blow this. Neither of them could afford any mistakes, but he didn't plan on making any.

And...aw, geez, he'd had another question before his train of thought had been shot...what was it...it was important, too...oh, right! "One more question: what's the timeline for this? Any certain time ya want it done, or done by?"

Anonymous

Scyros nodded his head in gratitude, pleased that everything was finally going to begin its redirection down the path it was meant to have taken. There was only one shot to really take care of everything with ease, it was the perfect timing and more than likely never to be expected; especially from this Lord of all people. A respectable member of Adela, one of the very last on a list of suspects ever. Very placid and conservative, no longer was he the arrogant and violent demon that he was within his younger years. So to speak he became much more of a strategist with things rather than being the straight-out attack and rely on brute force. No more of that, time to start thinking and making things succeed better.

It was truly either that or lain somewhere in a field dying painfully. Naturally, he chose the idea of thinking in order to survive. There was a lot less pain involved with that idea.

For him to offer up so much, he knew it was a risk, but he had already much trust in this youth and his ability to get the job done with great satisfaction to his whole plan. There was no doubt that someone with his reputation amongst thieves and other low rank dwellers that he was hiring the best man out there for the job; he'd have it no other way. Just the sight of the confidance within Keina assured the Lord that he was making the best decision and he would not be crossed. As he would not cross the youth, there was no reason for it.

So he was pleased with the payment, and slightly shocked at the offer up of taking up residence within the Lord's home for a while was definitely a good sign. Besides, there was no way that Scyros was going to have him stay somewhere where he might possibly be found with easy. Sometimes he was a foolish demon, yet always swift to clean up his messes. But this . . . this was something that couldn't be quickly covered up so easily if it spilt. There was no worry in Scyros' voice, posture or face for that matter. He was very determined and confident that this whole thing was go well, even aid into it himself seceret to ensure that as well.

His finger came up to rest on his cheek, tapping the nail against it gently as another question was asked of him. A set date never really crossed his mind before now, all he had known was that he wanted it done and sooner much rather than later. It was only a short time before the Queen adjusted to everything about the kingdom. She couldn't be given the chance to find a way to keep the Princess within the castle.

Yes, it'd have to be done before that was even thought of.

"If you wouldn't so much as mind, sometime within the next week preferably. The window of opportunity it slowly closing up, and we have to make haste with this." He didn't want to really rush Keina, he had wanted to possibly plot something to get the Princess out of the castle with a good reason; and no guards running after to hunt her down. That would have to be forgotten. Besides, with the guards following her and not actually finding her would only cause them to think she slipped away as usual. It was appearing to be more natural in his mind now.[/i]

Rhindeer

"No problem. It'll be done before the week's end, then. At the most." The sooner, the better, especially if, as the Lord said, some window of opportunity was closing. What that could be, Keina could only wonder; he'd never kept up to date with politics, save the ones that involved himâ€"if only looselyâ€"when he was hired. Now, he was soon to be plunged right into political turmoil, for kidnapping a Princess would surely cause that, and though he wouldn't question this Lord's motives, he was sure there was some political reason behind his decision.

If nothing else, this job would certainly be a hands-on lesson in just that. In the meantime, though, before the job was done, he'd be sure to spend some time in Adela's village catching up on any important news that surrounded the Adelan monarchy. Unless, of course, the Lord provided him with that information ahead of time...and he was sure he would, as dallying in a village would take time, and this man wanted the job completed hastily.

Either way, Keina preferred to get a job out of the way as soon as possibleâ€"usually because that meant he would be up for hire again, but also because he just wasn't the type that liked to sit around. He'd always liked to keep busy, and besides, a quick and efficient job was the best way to gain notoriety, and, hence, have a better chance of being hired again. There were a lot of others out there that did the same kind of work he did, and undoubtedly there were others that were better than him, too. But he liked to stay as high up on the list as he couldâ€"even if it did make him a bigger target for authorities.

A job like the one he was about to undertake would really be putting him at risk, moreso than ever before...but risk was also a part of his "profession", and he couldn't say he didn't enjoy a good adrenaline rush. If any harm came to him, it was his own fault, and he was prepared to owe up to the consequencesâ€"unless, of course, said harm came from being betrayed. But, other than that...he knew good and well what was involved, and was prepared for it.

"So...is there anything else...?" Keina asked after a pause, having no other questions. "'Course, when we get to Adela, I'll need some information on Arelnath. But, other than that...I'm set."

Anonymous

He was pleased greatly, that was just what he had wanted to hear and it brought a slightly twisted smile on his face. The week's end would be perfect. By near that time, the Queen would've already been fully settled into the running grove of things, been set to make new decrees and laws, even set up a few guardians for the kingdom that it had been missing for a while. Truly a time of frustration and confusion. Destroy it from within and then watch it crumble, then climb to the top of the rubble and claim what Scyros believed was meant to be his and his alone; the throne. That was all he wanted, to control the kingdom and finally become himself again and unleash his evil soul and devastate the lives of people like he had done so many years before. And being King, he'd have a much easier job doing just that than he used to.

It didn't strike a surprise within him that more knowledge on Arelnath was wanted, more or less it was expected and rather highly anticipated. There wasn't all that much known about her, even to him despite what he tried to dig up on her that he already hadn't known of. Inhaling deeply, his eyelids covered those golden eyes of his as he tipped her head down slightly, he dug his hand deep into the pocket of his breeches. Scyros knew that she would need to be pointed out, and some kind of way to lure her a bit into the kidnapping trap. Bringing his hand to the top of the table, there was a piece of parchment folded over many times with something on the inside and a golden necklace wrapped around it.

There was no rush to return to Adela just now, this was the only quiet time he'd have to explain everything that was needed to be said. Here was perfectly fine for the time. His hands gently unfolded the parchment, tossing it to the side and holding a much thicker and bigger folded sheet of parchment. Unfolding it even more cautiously than he had the other, he placed the necklace and paper in front of Keina. The paper had been painted with vibrant colors. A painting of a brown haired female with bright green eyes, dressed within a fancy white gown, her head turned to the side and arms crossed over her chest; she was wearing the same necklace that had been placed on the table with the painting.

"That is a painting of Arelnath taken from her chambers several months ago, along with the necklace." He tapped his finger lightly at the top of the painting. "Only nineteen years of age, and she's become well skilled in the art of sword fighting. Rather and elliquent tomboy, really. Anyhow, use the necklace to lure her in. She's been searching for it ever since it was taken and you'll surely gain her trust long enough."

A nod of his head was given as he opened his eyes and looked straight at Keina. It would work, there was just no way she wouldn't take a moment or two to ask questions and try to get to know the person who had found her necklace. It would go perfectly, Scyros knew it if the cards were played right.

Rhindeer

This had to be the most well-prepared client he'd come across. Most hadn't seemed to know what the heck they were doing, only what they wanted. This made it easier for him, and he appreciated it.

Looking over the painting as the Lord spoke, Keina blinked in surprise. The girl was pretty. And a tomboy. The latter took him aback the most, as he'd always envisioned monarchs as...stiff, for lack of a better word. Damn...too bad she was a Princess and the object of the job he was hired to perform. If it weren't for the fact that their classes clashed and he was being paid to kidnap her, he could have been attracted to her. He'd always had a thing for tomboys. Even ones that were older than him, though no one had to know his age; he could pass as older than he really was by a year or so.

Oh well! The money compensated for that loss, if you could call it that, even.

"Sword fighting, huh? Cool..." Though, if she carried a sword with her on her outings, that could prove a small obstacle, so that was good to know. Yet, the plan he was already formulating, using the man's prompt and guidance as a foundation, didn't involve outright force. The most difficult part would be getting her attention in the first place. Hmm...he would have to approach her, to get her attention; she wouldn't notice him, because what reason would she have to, and it wasn't like he could wave the necklace around. Then, he'd just play the part of the good samaritan, say he'd seen her drop it in the village a while ago, but hadn't been able to return it to her then, and that he'd finally found her, etcetera. It was a role he was used to playing, and it helped that he was a sucker for women, anyway.

After that, all he had to do was talk to her, gain her trust. Adela, from what he remembered, was heavily forested. So, he could offer to walk her home, and when they were in a more secluded area, take her.

Of course, this was all under the assumption that everything went according to plan. If not, then he'd have to take other measures. Either way, once it got to the point of the actual abduction, nobody he'd taken had ever gone without some form of a struggle, so, in the end, force was required regardless of the path taken to get to the point.

Carefully, he began folding the parchment back up, then slipped the necklace around it before sliding both into a pocket in his breeches. He was blessed with a photographic memory, so he didn't really need the painting, but just the same he didn't want to make any mistakes, now more than ever.

"I take it she's trusting," he commented, looking back up at the Lord when the parchment and necklace was tucked safely away. "Always a plus. Hey, by the way...don't suppose I could know the name of the one I'm workin' for...? It's not important if you'd rather notâ€"I understand, trust meâ€"but...ya know..." He gave a small shrug. It would certainly be a bit less awkward, considering he was going to be staying at the man's home. He couldn't go around calling the Lord "hey you"; somehow, he didn't think that would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Trusting, that was exactly a dead-on one-word description for her and there were no complaints about it. It told almost everything about her, except for the sword fighting, a talent picked up in her younger teenage years from what Scyros could recall. It was really a shame that there wasn't more he could offer on her, her life was never public, and even her public life wasn't public. Nothing about her ever was. She was more in a shroud of darkness than Scyros and hundreds of other demons like him combined. That almost said quite a bit in itself as well.

He gave a nod of his, relaxing back within the chair, becoming less uptight and stern like he had been through the great portion of the conversation. "She'll trust just about anyone at first glance, more of a fault and weakness than anything else." Probably a reason people had questioned her having not been married and hurried off to another kingdom already, they didn't want her to assume the throne of Adela just from that little fact. They feared she'd be manipulated and used to the advantage of others. Also another reason Scyros was targeting her in particular; she'd be a poor leader.

His name?

That was right, proper introductions had not been made, he had forgotten about it when he first settled foot in the falling apart building. A nod of his head was given as he looked over at Keina straight in the eye. "I am Lord Scyros Corliss of Adela. It is a great pleasure to be doing business with you." He offered out his hand in a formal matter, just a friendly shake. No poisoned pins or anything. He wasn't like that, not with someone he'd be working with for a while.

[Sorry for the short post, I need to get to bed. Gots school in the morning. x_x]

Rhindeer

[It's okay! Eww...evil school. >_<]

The fact that she was trusting did indeed say a lot about her in Keina's eyes, especially since Keina himself knew a good deal about trustâ€"and had lost a good deal of it in his relatively short life. The way he saw it, trust came from a lack of worldly experience, and what kind of worldly experience could a Princess get from a few outings, anyway? She'd probably been lucky enough to never have her purse cutâ€"and would that even matter to a monarch that had everything to begin with?â€"or be cornered by some hormonal slob, backstabbed by a supposed "friend", or trailed in the dark by a stranger. Such could be expected when you actually lived on the streets for any given length of time, and he would imagine it would be especially difficult for a woman. But, if one only visited on occasion, and in the busy, daylight hours, such situations could be avoided completely.

Tomboy or not, she was still a Princess, and still lived away in some castle, apart from grim reality, surrounded by pleasantries. The coming week would certainly be a wake-up call.

Of course, Keina didn't really know much about how nobles and the like lived. He only knew what he heard, and what he could only assume.

Reaching across the table, Keina took the Lord Scyros' offered hand, and his own gaze was open and direct. He wasn't much for formalities himself, but there was that whole tradition that handshakes sealed deals and otherwise established familiarity, so...why not? A more shady fellow would have been refused a handshake altogetherâ€"Keina didn't really care for physical contact with strangers where it wasn't requiredâ€"but with the caliber of this assignment, and the amount of trust required, and the closeness in which they'd be residing, and the openness of this particular man...he didn't think he had anything to worry about.

"Lord Scyros Corliss," he repeated musingly, as though committing the name to memory. "Pleasure to be workin' for ya. And...ya already know my name, of course. Just plain Keina. No last name, nothin' fancy." He gave an amused smirk. Of course, like anyone else, he'd been given a surname...but he'd dropped it ages ago, back when he'd left home. Or, in layman's terms, run away from home. He'd been ten, then, yet he'd been mature for his age, for he'd been forced to grow up early; he'd never had much of a childhood, with a drunken father who could give a rat's ass about himâ€"save when he was using him as the wall on which to vent his aggression. Keina had been reduced to thievery even before he'd left home; his father blew all his money on booze as opposed to food.

Maybe that's why Keina had such a complex concerning money.

Needless to say, he hadn't wanted to even remotely honor his father by keeping his name. Dropping his surname was a way of further distancing himself from the man, and if he never saw him again, it would be far too soon.

Anonymous

[Sorry for taking so long to get a post in, been kinda bundled down and have only attending school three days this week. x_x It bites . . . ]

It was indeed a little awkward to hear the youngster repeat Scyros' name out loud, a little chill sending but no response other than a stiff nod was given as he carefully shook his hand with the young man. No last name, eh? Scyros couldn't say much on the matter, his own name was not his own. It was stolen, taken from someone dead on a battlefield decades before; someone that had been long forgotten and never stood high in the rankings of society. He was not remembered and thus no questioning to this Lord's name were ever placed before hime or anyone else for that matter. His words and and advice were often taken into the highest of consideration, no second guessing. More than likely why he was able to have gotten to the position he was currently in without so much as personally taking a life.

This week was going to be quite the rude awakening the Adelan Kingdom had been so deserving of for so long, and he was pleased that awakening was going to be brought upon those unsuspecting people so quickly they wouldn't be able to react. At this point, if the kidnapping failed and only turned to be a distraction, it wouldn't stop this twisted and devilous demon from commencing with the rest of his plan. Of course, in the mean time while Keina was taking care of the abduction of the Princess, others were going to be needed for the rest of the work that was to be coming to hand.

But again, for some reason his mind shot back to the fact this younging did not have a last name. Oh, yes, he must've when he was little and growing up. Whatever caused him to revoke that name of his was none of Scyros' business, and he was not about to ask and possibly cause tense between the two of them this early into the whole plan. This time he just had a small offer, nothing that would have to be paid for or bought. More or less a small suggestion.

"For this, it may be best to come up with some fake name for after having abducted the Princess." What 'fake name' that could possibly be used wasn't a matter to him, it was all just a suggestion and nothing more. "That way if you get snagged or something after she's already gone missing, they will not know it is you." A simple and rather elementary graded idea, but not one that was always thought of. And just because of that, it often worked out rather well in the end. Keina would be known for kidnapping the Princess, but would end up vanishing like a mist in the raise of the morning. It was more than perfect.

"You can change your name, and go back after everything is over with. Childish, but effective. Common, but unused. It is your choice to do as you wish at this point in the deal."

Rhindeer

[Aww! It's alright! *pats* Poor you!]

"Yeah, good point," Keina agreed, once again sitting back in his chair, far more relaxed than earlier, and sticking his hands in his pockets. He'd never had to do that before, but, then again...in previous abductions, he'd never given out his name to his targets before, either. Those jobs had been quicker, thoughâ€"just a snatch-and-return-them-to-the-client type of deal. And in cases where he was requested to steal stuff...well, obviously he had no one there to request his name, since he was kinda retrieving an object, not a person. Most jobs he'd done in the past had been largely impersonal, but, this case would be different, and not only because of its magnitude; from the way this Lord was talking, he'd be required to stick around this Princess for a while. Not that he minded, but it stood to reason she'd need to call him something other than the popular expletives his past targets used.

After a while, those would grow old, he imagined.

A new name wouldn't be enough, though, to keep his identity safe. "I'll take ya up on your wardrobe offer, too, once the job gets started," he said after a moment of thought. "A new name's a start, but it's pointless if I'd be recognized in other ways, y'know? Um...as long as it's casual and all. The clothes, I mean. Haven't had much practice pulling off the whole 'noble' thing, and it wouldn't make much sense in light of the plot, anyway. From what I get, she sneaks out, right? She's likely to avoid anyone who looks like he came from a high place and might recognize her, right?" he suggested. He'd never been fond of what nobles considered "finery", anyway. Looked far too stiff to him. And fragile. Nah, he preferred his street clothes, scrubby as his style was; he could actually move in them, and if they got a hole in them, so long as it wasn't in an inappropriate place, so what? They lasted forever.

But, he could deal. He'd always been adaptable. If a job required wearing finery, he'd do it, but for the sake of this one, it didn't seem practical.

And, as for a name...

"Anyway, for a fake name..." Didn't need too much thought. Anything would work, and he might as well get it figured out now rather than later. That would give them both time to get used to it, so that neither of them ran the risk of slipping up. Not that he feared that to begin with. Keina was far too cautious about things like thisâ€"he liked his head where it was, thanksâ€"and he imagined the Lord was, too. He had as much at stake as Keina. "...How about...uh...Aiden. Aiden Ilae." He gave a small shrug. Common enough name, didn't sound too shabby, and he even threw in a random surname, just in case it was needed. It worked, and he wasn't too particular, given it was just a temporary alias.