Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

He don't fear the reaper, apparently. (Open)

Started by Anonymous, November 04, 2007, 08:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The sun hung high over Reajh today, beating down on the packed city streets. The heat was quite oppressive, but this didn't stop the citizens of the capitol from going about their business. In fact, their seemed to be more people about than usual, much to the frustration of a carriage driver heading for the castle.

The man was sweating heavily, and roaring in frustration, but there were too many people about, and not enough room to maneuver the horses. Yones wondered why he'd tried to take the carriage through this rather narrow, out of the way street. He was probably an idiot.

It did feel good to be back on duty though.

Of course, "back on duty" for Yones meant "skipping out on his patrol to have a quick drink in an obscure little tavern" but who could blame him? Though he hadn't needed a cane for some time, his leg still twinged occasionally. The doctors had said it might take some time to fully recover.

Besides, it was hot, and things had been rather quiet lately, magic-user wise. The Mordecai hadn't much use for their abilities lately. Beatrid was acting rather strangely, leading Yones to avoid her recently. He avoided Hek just on principle, and Kuro tended to avoid everyone, including Yones, anyway.

He didn't mind. It would have been nice to meet up with them and put them in their place, but he feared they had a bit too much ammunition against him after that disaster under the castle. Yones was still writing up the paperwork for that one.

Yones sipped his beer and peered out the window again, his interest caught by the carriage. The driver seemed to have found an opening in the crowd, and hurriedly urged his horses forward. It seemed he'd finally make it through the throng, but then...

Some fool was standing right in his path! A few passer's by shouted warnings, but the man didn't move in time. The horses reared as the driver pulled back on the reins, only to have the carriage swing around and hit the man with a sickening crunch. So much for peace and quiet.

A few patrons were giving him expectant looks- one of the many disadvantages of wearing a soldier's uniform. Yones sighed and set his drink down on the table, wincing as he put weight on his bad leg. This better not cause any paperwork, or... well there wasn't much Yones could do to the man now, he was surely dead. Paperwork without retribution- wonderful.

"Alright everyone, back away, I've got this under control." The crowd gave him a little space, but only a little.

"You there!" Yones pointed at the driver "Please step down from the carriage. We'll get this all sorted out."

The Mordecai knelt down near the body of the unfortunate crash-ee. "Just what were you thinking, you useless mess?"

((OOC: Hope this is OK, been a while since I've done any free-form stuff))

Anonymous

( It's fine. )

Ira had just been enjoying a nice peaceful day taking a nice long stroll. When he had heard some people shouting at him, and not realizing he was in the middle of the street, went to turn around to yell at them. How dare they interrupt his walk!? He heard the horses at the last second the nicking of their hooves against the road. NOT TRAMPLED AGAIN! Only had time to sigh, before the carriage crashed into him the hooves riveting into his body with a sickening crunch.

The familiar darkness enveloped his mind again it always took his body a few seconds to realize it can't die. It was like a playing possum to itself, just sitting there in a day-dream till his mind pours a pale of cold-water on it to say wake up idiot your not dead! What was happening on the outside you my ask? The dirty deep pits like prints left on his body from the crushing hooves started to raise back up like a filling balloon as his body simply rewund itself back to the point of time, before it died.

His mind kicked back in and he sat up his eyes gleefully rolling forward from their dead gaze.  He was grasping for air like a one-legged man running ten-miles in the middle of the desert on a dry day. This was the part he always hated being brought back he never quite got used to it physically, then there was the other part to it playing off the fact you just died and survived something, that should of killed you upright. He looked right at the man above him and the people around him as he said nervously, "It was just a scratch. I'll be fine see I'm okay! No harm done. Just go about your day," looked to the driver with a shake of his head. "Sorry to inconvenience you. You should drive more safely ok?"

Ira quickly got up from his prone position realizing exactly where he was. Oh yeah! This is Connloath! Damn it they are going to chase me!"I think I left my dog walking. I mean my cat is on! No, my dog is in the stove walking while it's on," Ira said slowly backing up, then taking off in a sprint he was never a good liar and worst yet, he didn't know he wasn't a good liar.. "That should slow them down."

Anonymous

Every mordecai was crazy, Cadence Caldwell decided as he aimlessly searched for the jerk who was supposed to be showing him how to do a job he was sure he already knew how to do. Follow orders, catch mages, pretend to be an ordinary soldier as if no one knew the mordecai existed. It couldn’t get much more simple- could it? But there was that tacky psycho Kuro, and bitchy Beatrid, and then there was Hek-Akiz who was just plain weird. And those were just his first impressions of them.

He didn’t think they’d improve much even if he ever ended up getting to know them, and-

Woah.

Cadence did a double take just to make sure his mind wasn’t playing tricks on him. Had he just seen someone get run over? Like that? What kind of stunned hangashore did that man have to be, walking unaware in the middle of the road? This was going to be Such. A. Long. Day. Just great. First this Yones guy runs off on me, and then- oh… well. Here comes the jerk now. I really do have the most awful luck.

Cadence gave observant passersby a death glare to get them out of the way and, since that didn’t work as well as he’d planned, resorted to pushing and shoving. Sheesh, didn’t people have any respect for the military? No? He didn’t think so. It never even occurred to them that it might be a good idea to move out of the way of a man in what was unmistakably a soldier’s uniform. As a result, by the time he got to his destination not only was Yones already there, but the dead man was…. sitting up…? And talking?

Well. If that wasn’t blatant use of magic.  

Cadence was new, but he wasn’t that stupid. His dog was walking in the stove while it was on, eh? Wow. The bugger could have at least put some effort into his lying. Didn’t have to that sloppy about it. The young man didn’t wait to be told to chase after the guy; without even glancing back at Yones, he bolted after him.

Anonymous

"THE HELL?" Yones scrambled back as the man's injuries miraculously healed themselves. He would be a magic user. Oh, there would be paperwork- if Yones survived, that is.

He briefly considered calling for help, but he'd purposefully chosen this spot for it's relative lack of patrols. Maybe he shouldn't have ditched his partner either, he knew that would come back to bit him in the ass.

Or maybe not, because here Cadence came now. Yones started to bark an order, but found himself talking to no one as the trainee ran past without a word. Great, even when he was in charge no one took him seriously.

Swearing, he headed after his fellow Mordecai, and the obviously insane, babbling mage. This might not be so bad after all. The magic-user wasn't putting up a fight at all, and had no obvious weapons. Yones was Mordecai, so any magical attacks he had wouldn't... wait.

How had the man healed himself in the presence of a Mordecai? Magic was supposed to to be dampened in quite a large area around them, and the effect had never failed him before. But this man's horrific injuries had simply reversed themselves, despite the fact that Yones was kneeling right next to him.

Shit, shit, shit, shit! Either they were dealing with a mage of unparalleled power who had found a way to beat the Mordecai effect, or it was... something else. Yones was fairly sure neither case would end up pleasing him. Things were going to get messy.

Anonymous

Ira looked back once again to see Cadence chasing at him. AH HOW COULD THEY SEE THROUGH HIS CLEVER LIE! Ira legs started to move faster as he ran down the busy street, clumsily dodging around the citizens of Reajh. Why did he have to be chased on such a busy day? He was off in his own little thoughts again as he didn't catch the fruit cart pulling in front of him, which he proceeded to crash into.

He didn't destroy the fruit cart despite his speed, his legs just buckled hitting the bottom of the cart while his body toppled over it in a accidental front flip. There was a strange sight in front of them, where's Ira head should of been was a watermelon. It seems the oaf had landed his head in a watermelon during the flip.

Ira was waving his arms rapidly much like a chicken waves it's wings with it's head cut off instead of just stuck in a watermelon. Muttering something it sounded like some kind of spell, but in the watermelon he said, "My head is stuck in a fruit! HELP! Oh man! It's past season! ARRGH! I'm choking... On... A SEED!"

Ira, then suddenly dashed to his right unknowingly into a old lady, which was carrying her quilting set in her purse. "Plant monster! Help! You won't get me,"  the woman screamed beating Ira's mellow head mercilessly till the sewing needles from poked from her purse imbeddeding themselves into the fruit. .  "Your not getting me without a fight."

Ira by this time was choking and screaming his head off inside of the mellow from those sharp needles, which sounded like more spell-casting as he got up running through the crowd knocking over several citizens unwittingly. Due to the old lady's self defense tactics the people thought they was being attacked by a pointy headed plant monster, which was starting to lead to a mass panic on the street.