Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All's not well...

Started by Anonymous, November 30, 2007, 11:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

To the west of Arca and to the north of Ketra and the Draconi Forest, divided by the river that separates the two kingdoms of Serendipity and Adela lies the relatively small town of Caritas. There is little that is notable about this town aside from its location - built on either side of the river, with bridges connecting the two sides - and the unique culture of a relatively small local community made up of peoples of all sorts of different backgrounds and heritages. If there is any one thing the people of Caritas are known for, it is for their hospitality. All are welcome, and in fact many travellers of various nationalities, including those who swear allegiance to none, make their way through this town at some point or another, even if just passing through on their way to greater destinations.

However, all is not well in this fair little town. As of late, an increasing number of people have been going missing. None of these disappearances seems to be local, though; in this town where, at very least, everybody knows someone who knows someone who knows someone else, not one familiar face has gone missing.

Scattered reports would come in to the various governments. People of varying wealth and status from several different countries or kingdoms would be reported missing. The only common factor between them: they had all last been seen or heard from in the town of Caritas. Investigations so far have turned up nothing, rumors are spreading, and people are beginning to avoid the town altogether. The town's commerce is suffering, and fear begins to grow amongst the citizens. Something needs to be done.

Okay, so this is the setup for this plot I have in mind, which is actually in the beginning stages of beginning right now. I'm looking for a few more characters to fill it in, as it'd definitely be more interesting than just having a pair of people to work with.

Hero or villain, if you have a character you'd like to involve in this let me know, though if it's a villain I really want to discuss your villain ideas *first* before you hop on in.

'Hero' characters will more than likely join my character Alicia in investigating the matter, while villains...well, their role is to be discussed. I have plans for the plot, but I want to be as secretive with them as possible, to keep players on their toes. ;)

So if you have a character you want to put in, or if you want to make a character for this, drop me a line either in this thread, through PM or on one of them thar messenger services, and we can talk about your character, their role in things, how they'd meet up, etc.

Rhindeer

Ohhh! I love how this sounds. O__O This sounds wicked AWESOME!

I'd love to throw in a villain character! I need to get my villain mojo back, and I've had a villain I've been looking for an excuse to use for a while. Her name's Mataki and she's a wolf shifter. I'm very flexible, though! And I'm always up for whipping up another character if she won't fit.

So yeah! I'll see if I can catch you on MSN and we can discuss. Bwahaha.

Might also toss in a hero sort...o.o I love mystery plots. <3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

I wanna play a villan! *flail flail!*

I've always wanted to try out an evil priest kind of thing, like the priest of a demon-god, sacrificing people to his diabolical master, and perhaps his church is involved in this whole thing somehow, or just happens to be doing the same things for similar reasons :3 I admit, I don't want to play only a big role though, I'd love to take the part of some of the townsfolk, like a blacksmith or just a concerned citizen or something, who ends up getting killed to all this :3

I'd also like to play a hero, if you don't mind
My idea for him is that he's some kind of holy warrior, or a member of a specific order of knights or something mundane like that. He's a veteran of several wars, and he's in the town at about the time that the kidnappings start, and now he's trying to investigate it.... and.... hehehe...
Lastly, I'd like to add some twists and turns to Samantha Jezabelle's origin story, before she was a Kinsmir-thingy!

So I'd like to play one of each: a hero, a villan, and an innocent :3

Anonymous

Yay, people! I'm glad you two are interested. The only problem with wanting to play both sides is that when you have a villain, I kinda have to let you in on what's going on rather than having it revealed as we go, so that may kinda detract from the whole mystery of the thing.

Anonymous

Cool! Lemme just send you a message :3