Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Music! x3

Started by Anonymous, March 15, 2008, 11:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

General curiousity here, heh.

What kind of music are you all into?  Certain bands, genres, what?

It'd be a bit difficult for me to list off what I like, as it seems quite random.  So, I'm just gonna list off the bands whose music I've got on mp3 player right now, and my fave song/songs from them.

Avenged Sevenfold - Scream/Bat Country
Marilyn Manson - This is Halloween(remix)/Tainted Love(remix)
E Nomine - Mitternacht/Herr Der Schatten/Laetitia
Madonna - Vogue/Crazy For You
Three Days Grace - Riot
Utada Hikaru - First Love/Sanctuary/Simple and Clean/Eternal Love

Yeah.  I listen to a lot of foreign language music. A great deal of it is DDR music.  Even though I don't understand Japanese, it sounds so lovely when sung, that I can't resist it.  And I love DDR, despite the fact that I suck at it.  xD

Anonymous

What anime is your userpic off?

I listen to the Guild wars soundtrack. Soundtracks usually have pretty good music. Other than that, I'll listen to almost anything except rap and modern/popular RnB. The newer singers ruined RnB.

I agree with you about Japanese music. It is pretty cool when you start to pick up a few words here and there too.

if you want something interesting to listen to, try Mongolian throat music.

Anonymous

It's from Bleach.  The character is Ichimaru Gin.  I've got a bunch of music from that anime, including stuff sung by the japanese voice actors.  Gin's VA has a lovely singing voice.

As far as soundtracks go...I listen to a LOT of video game music.  Final Fantasy 7 (One Winged Angel is so awesome) and Kingdom Hearts in particular.  I picked up the Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron soundtrack recently, it's really good.

Anonymous

I have tastes....pretty much all over the place. I go through phases where I lean in preference to one feel of music over another, but I like all kinds of things. People are often surprised by my music lusts ^.^;;

I like techno, Heavy Metal, butt rock, country, oldies, sea shanties, 80's new wave, 90's rap, religious chants, I love pop music from pretty much every era and country, filk, punk, ska, opera, classical and so on. I like most music. I even have some Vietnamese folk music around here somewhere that I quite like.

And yay for Bleach! I really need to start picking that comic up again. I just keep forgetting to figure out what volume I am on.

Anonymous

....  What is butt rock?  I mean...I've never even heard of it. I can't stand country anymore.  I liked it up until 9th grade, when I finally heard rock music at a school dance.  Listened to country music all the time back then, since that was what my parents listened.  Oh!...and the Lion King soundtrack we had.  At least until the stereo finally ate the poor tape.  xD

And oh yes, yay for Bleach. x3  The characters are so wonderfully quirky.

Anonymous

I'm a total metal-head now. Pretty much all that I listen to these days is metal. Some of my favorite artists and songs include:

Lamb of God: Ruin, Laid to Rest, Walk With Me In Hell, Descending, The Subtle Arts of Murder and Persuasion.

Trivium: Ascendancy, Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr, Dying in Your Arms

As I Lay Dying: Confined, An Ocean Between Us, Forsaken

Killswitch Engage: Arms of Sorrow, My Curse, End of Heartache, Rose of Sharyn

In Flames: The quiet place, Take This Life, Eye of the Storm

Avenged Sevenfold: Afterlife, Almost Easy, Bat Country, Blinded in Chains

Evanescence: Bring Me to Life, Call Me When You're Sober, My Immortal, Lithium

Shadows Fall: Enlightened by the Cold, The Light That Blinds

Dragonforce: Through The Fire And Flames, Operation Ground and Pound, Cry For Eternity

Still, it's not unlike me to listen to some contemporary music like Sting and The Police every now and then. I like Sting's albums the best in that genre, though.

Oh, and I also love Irish pirate rock. And I want to listen to every version of "Drunken Sailor" there is.

Of course, there's also my band, Chaos Incarnate. We do some sick-nasty metal in that band. Try combining the voice of Evanescence, the guitar work of As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage, the keyboards of Dragonforce, and the drumming of Lamb of God and Trivium, and you might get an idea of what we sound like. We hope to release our first demo album soon!

Anonymous

My fave in my MP3 player this month:

Thrice - (all their albums)
Moneen - (3rd album)
AFI - (their old albums)
Muse - (all albums)
Jonezetta - (1st album)
Umbrellas - (1st album)
Paulson - (1st albums)
The Dear and the Headlights - (1st album)
Cassino - (1st album)
City and Colour - (all albums)
Metallica - (old albums)
As Blood Runs Black - (1st album)  
Atreyu - (1st album)
From Autumn to Ashes - (1st album)
Beethoven - (piano sonatas)

XD COOL!! Wish I was in a band, too T-T

Anonymous

Oooh, Metallica.  I don't have anything of theirs on my MP3 player right now, but I do love their stuff.  x3

Anonymous

*laughs* Butt rock is from the 80's. Quite Riot, Ratt, Poison, White Snake, ect. It's a bit cheesy and full of tight pants and huge hair.

And I'm picky about the country I like. But I do like a bit from it. And I <3 the Disney music. Those songs rock the casba baby.

Anonymous

xD  Okay.

Most Disney music is pretty good. I like the stuff from the older movies.  I'd like to get the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks.  x3

Anonymous

Old disneys are awesome. I have a lot of their songs. Alas, it has become such a money whore they nolonger care about good plots, acting or soundtracks. Look at High School Musical. *pukes*

I love Mulan, and Hercules too. This is pretty embarressing but I still like those really old Hurcules and Xena series. Oops, off topic.

The LOTR soundtracks were amazing.

Anonymous

Dude. I love Xena and Hercules. Well, I like Xena more because it doesn't have Hercules' really awful sidekick. Who is the worst thing ever >.<

I for one, can't wait for more Disney 2D animation.

Anonymous

hahaha i totally forgot about that Xena show...Xena pwns!!

Speaking of 2d, anyone played a 2d rpg called Odin Sphere for ps2?

hikaru.dream

J-pop.
Most anything that comes to my ears.

But J-pop is about 99% of my whole list.
I guess that'll change when I return to America.

As for what...
List is way too long.
But people such as RSP, Remioromen, Utada Hikaru, AquaTimez, Kouda Kumi, ORANGE RANGE, Greeeen, YUI, Kobukuro etc.
Know any of them? XD

Anonymous

http://www.last.fm/user/resalia

LastFM is so wonderful :)
Anybody who gets that should let me know we can be friends ^_^

Lion

I generally can listen to anything, however it usually depends on my mood.  I'll just a few random artists that I'll listen too every now and again.

I giveth thee in no particular order:
-Blue Oyster Cult (Perhaps my most favorite band)
-E Nomine (I love Wolfen Das Tier in Mir and Mitternacht)
-Pat Benatar
-Nosferatu
-Mark Knopfler
-REM
-Dragonforce
-Seal
-HIM (though the fandom is slowly fading, I still like a many of their songs)
-Jimi Hendrix
-Rolling Stones
-The Ramones
-The Cure
-Foo Fighters
-Sevendust
-Avenged Sevenfold
-Senseless Dementia (local band)
-Cradle of Filth
-Depeche Mode
-New Order
-Selena
-Enigma
-Cutting Crew
-AHa!

WHEW!  And that's just a fraction of it.  I also like a few good soundtracks, such as: Cirque du Soleil soundtrack, The Rock Horror Picture Show soundtrack (weird movie, I know, but I love the music)...and many many more.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Quote from: "hikaru.dream"J-pop.
Most anything that comes to my ears.

But J-pop is about 99% of my whole list.
I guess that'll change when I return to America.

As for what...
List is way too long.
But people such as RSP, Remioromen, Utada Hikaru, AquaTimez, Kouda Kumi, ORANGE RANGE, Greeeen, YUI, Kobukuro etc.
Know any of them? XD

ORANGE RANGE, YUI, and AquaTimez have done songs for Bleach's opening sequences.  Those songs are all I've heard from them, though.  xD

Utada Hikaru did the opening and closing songs for the Kingdom Hearts games.  I'm absolutely addicted to Sanctuary, the opening song for KH2.

Anonymous

Lessee.. My favourite bands aare. 8D

-The Birthday Massacre (Currently very addicted to their new CD)
-Nine Inch Nails
-16 Volt
-Frou Frou
-Dir en Grey(Gray? I get the american and canadian version mixed up x3)(Japanese!)
-D'espairsRay(or something like that) (Japanese!)
-Prozzak
-Aqua!
-Toy-Box
-Apocalyptica
- Gackt! Can't forget him. (Japanese!)
- Daft Punk
- Gazette (Japo-naise)
- Ilaria Graziano (Dunno what language, I can't tell DX)
- Kidney Theives
- Lacuna Coil
- Malice Mizer (Bwahaha, japanese)
- Moi Dix Mois ( japanese again)
- Miyavi! (japanese... again)
- The Moog
- Nightwish
- Oingo Boingo (Who doesn't love the guy who does the music for Nightmare before christmas? I forgot his name.. o_o)

Needless to say, the only thing the bands might have in common is... that they don't really have anything in common. o_O I pride myself on having odd music tastes.

Oh!oh!oh! And Rise Against and Sarah McLachlan and Scott Matthew... and Selena! x3

and.. who can forget?

The spice girls <3 I love the spice girls.. okay. thats a lie. o_o I only like some of the songs... like that.. one... where they're fairies on the music video...

...*goes to bed*

Anonymous

Hmmm....

I like

Apocalytpica
Within Temptation
Epica
Plumb
Kelly Clarkson
Avril Lavigne (I know o.O but I can't help it dammit!)
Vanessa Carlton
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Green Day
Rammstein
Emmigrate
Evanescence
Some of Nightwish's stuff (especially their new album ^^)
Three Days Grace
Shinedown

Anonymous

MIA YOUR ALIVE!

Right into the brain melting zone we go.

In no paticular order.

Mudhoney
Alice in Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Trivium
Killswitch Engage
Tool
Silverchair
Bloodpit
Soundgarden
Slipknot
Puddle of Mudd